Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be (20609 Views)

Six-pack: Woman Shows How Her Relationship Started Vs How It's Going (Photos) / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by pek(m): 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:
Census is here again!!! Coming up next week Wednesday through Friday.

So been thinking... 🤔 how is this census going to be for singles? The last time I experienced it was in the family house with everyone still living under the same roof.

I'm thinking I should go to my elder sisters house and do mine or will I be the only one they'll count in my apartment? Under which family tree kwanu?

What ya think?
It has been postponed indefinitely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Nobleou(m): 2:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
Which census are you talking about?

The one they are postponing like Court Case or?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by elpochas: 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2023
[quote author=phemmie06 post=122823697] :-
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
Census that has been postponed indefinitely??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by sterlingD(m): 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
Nobleou:
Which census are talking about?

The one they are postponing like Court Case or?

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by pek(m): 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

Oh really. That's good 😊.
I was at yaba today and we were arguing the last time it was held and they said it was in 2002/3 but I thought otherwise but they eventually won as someone came and confirmed it was held last during Tinubu tenor Tinubu's tenure as governor of Lagos state.
They were wrong with the year. It was 2006. Clear three years difference. I was a supervisor then. Not everyone was counted. A lot of things happened then which i won't want to go into details.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by elpochas: 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Both the oP and the person dat put dis on front page are not informed.Instead of putting the real update about the postponement of the census,u posting something else.

2 Likes

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
inoki247:
Lol you wan marry the Census Staff or what cos I no understand....

LoL.. if na happening guy, why not? I fit see husband there now after counting tongue grin
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Acesexcell(m): 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
Phantom233:
ok o but I. 100% sure you that there will be.no census next week, infact am just receiving an update that the excercise will be postponed indefinitely
it's true, Buhari has postponed the exercise for another administration to carry out. My question now is, what happened to the money budgeted for the exercise?
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2023
pek:
They were wrong with the year. It was 2006. Clear three years difference. I was a supervisor then. Not everyone was counted. A lot of things happened then which i won't want to go into details.

Oh.. ok.

Thanks.
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 2:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
Foodqueen:
Them fit no even reach your side sef.

I doubt if the exercise will be taken serious

Dem no go reach your side 😡.
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
wunmi590:

Lol, you might be right about it....

Because during the 2006, Bola tinubu contested about the number they gave lagos then that it was too small, that means they didn't get to all areas to count....

Ignore this bad belle. She's just being sarcastic.
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Kenzle(m): 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2023
Census wey dem don postpone indefinitely grin grin
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Cutehector(m): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
Census that has been cancelled.
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by AniMcBen(m): 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
[quote author=EriMma1 post=122813665]Census is here again!!! Coming up next week Wednesday through Friday.

So been thinking...

Census postponed till whenever the incoming government finds it convenient to go ahead with the exercise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by jeeqaa7(m): 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2023
wunmi590:

Yes, the person was right...

Done in 2006

I dey my family house 🏠 then, I was being feed with frre food and accommodation 😆

is this typo or wrong English?
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by thatigboman: 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2023
Last census, I was living alone in Abuja. The day they came to my house, I was at work . They booked appointment and came back the following day and I attended to them.
It's not just headcount. They also also collate household statistics.
I advice you stay at your house, let them count you in house and take statistics of your household. Unless u want to do what Joseph did when he travelled to Nazareth for census and gave birth to jesus christ there.
They have postponed the census sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by silverx(m): 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

So been thinking... 🤔 how is this census going to be for singles? The last time I experienced it was in the family house with everyone still living under the same roof.

I'm thinking I should go to my elder sisters house and do mine or will I be the only one they'll count in my apartment? Under which family tree kwanu?

What ya think?
Sorry ma, the census has been shifted till further notice. It is to be said that the incoming government will be the ones to determine the new date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Eriokanmi: 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

What ya think?
Bubu has suspended censors . This government is so useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2023
jeeqaa7:

is this typo or wrong English?

Grammar Nazi, leave am.

1 Like

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by eminent91: 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If an enumerator does not find you at your place, chances are they will ask your neighbors about the people who live there and get an estimated count anyways. So when you go to your sister's place and get yourself counted as someone who instead lives at her address, it will mean that you were counted at your address and at your sister's address as well. That is double-counting and part of what the census tries hard to avoid. undecided
This year's census is defacto,which means you have to be physically present to be counted.The house numbering and household listing will be dejure, during which information can be sought for from neighbours if one is not around. In the case of the OP, if he decides to go to his sister's place to be counted,the enumerator will ask him if he spent the preceding night prior to census day 1 at his sister's place and also if he will be there throughout census reference period.If YES,then he be counted as a member of his sister's household.If No,he will be asked to go back to his house where he will be enumerated as an household.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by victorikpe(m): 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

What ya think?

Census have been postponed oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by 12345baba(m): 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
Census wey buhari done postpone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by WantsandMore: 2:38pm On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

What ya think?
Postponed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by BluntCrazeMan: 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

What ya think?
By the time they asked you lots of questions about your roots, your parents and siblings, how many you were born in your family, how many of them that are still alive, where the remaining ones are residing at the moment, then, if you're married, they would ask the same things about your kids and spouse.

You would just realise that wherever you are, the Census just aimed at gathering every information about your life..
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by KINGOFHEART4064: 2:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
Did think it will still hold, naija my country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by ekitimanalways(m): 2:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

What ya think?

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the postponement of the 2023 Population and Housing Census, earlier scheduled for May 3-7 to a date to be determined by the incoming administration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Omameji: 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2023
No census it has been postponed.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement / Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? / Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.