Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,476 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be (20607 Views)

Six-pack: Woman Shows How Her Relationship Started Vs How It's Going (Photos) / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by ibawon(m): 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:
Census is here again!!! Coming up next week Wednesday through Friday.

So been thinking... 🤔 how is this census going to be for singles? The last time I experienced it was in the family house with everyone still living under the same roof.

I'm thinking I should go to my elder sisters house and do mine or will I be the only one they'll count in my apartment? Under which family tree kwanu?

What ya think?
I think that was 2006.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by yomi531(m): 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:
Thanks everyone for the heads-up.

Oh really. That's good 😊.
I was at yaba market today and we were arguing the last time it was held and they said it was in 2002/3 but I thought otherwise but they eventually won as someone came and confirmed it was held last during Tinubu tenor as governor of Lagos state.

Omor, I remember that year. come and see how girls were lying about their age as everybody gathered in the compound to hear peoples age.

One old aunty said she was born 1990, come see shout! Hey!!!! Aunty aunty aunty, small small na.. grin cheesy grin.. I don laugh Taya that day.

Another woman came and said she was born 2003, hey.. another round of shout grin grin grin... Comedy that day ehn?? grin grin
It was held in 2006.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2023
yomi531:
It was held in 2006.

Ok.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Jilo83(m): 5:30am On Apr 30, 2023
The exercise has been postponed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by eminent91: 10:16am On Apr 30, 2023
7upnigeria:

This will cause more confusion than the census itself. Which kain country we dey sef? Why wouldn't leaders use us to make money when we ourselves are not even sincere. I dont understand why someone will have to travel to d sister's place or travel to his state of origin to get counted there. Some will lie about everything from age to work to name to state of origin during census. AND YOU WANT A SAINT TO BECOME NIGERIAN PRESIDENT, Na drug baron and gun runners fit Nigerians.
It is well
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by tballeyy(m): 11:34am On Apr 30, 2023
camri:
when last you fùck
back to back
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by oluwapoju(m): 1:56pm On Apr 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. When the enumerator comes by, you have to get them to register you with your own address, and not someone else's. undecided
Wrong
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by oluwapoju(m): 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If an enumerator does not find you at your place, chances are they will ask your neighbors about the people who live there and get an estimated count anyways. So when you go to your sister's place and get yourself counted as someone who instead lives at her address, it will mean that you were counted at your address and at your sister's address as well. That is double-counting and part of what the census tries hard to avoid. undecided
You are mixing Building numbering/Household listing and The Enumeration of Persons together.
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by oluwapoju(m): 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Your primary address is simply your home address .i.e there usual place of residence -- where you in fact live. A person can visit many other secondary addresses in the course of a work day or other travels but the primary address remains the same. So counting by primary address, regardless of the secondary address where the person is found during the census is how to avoid double counting errors.. . undecided
This infact is a long process, Demarcation has been done throughout the federation which where break into smaller unit for the enumerators to work on.
Going by address, not all places in Nigeria have a well detailed address.
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Bhettie: 4:13pm On Apr 30, 2023
FEMALE ROOMMATE NEEDED IN A MINI FLAT

AT SHOMOLU, Lagos

FEE: 350k
Agency:50k
Total: 400k

Call: 08087979068
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2023
oluwapoju:
â–  Going by address, not all places in Nigeria have a well detailed address.
So, how do such places operate without them? How do you tell one household from another in those cases? undecided
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2023
oluwapoju:
â–  You are mixing Building numbering/Household listing and The Enumeration of Persons together.
1. How? undecided
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by oluwapoju(m): 1:13am On May 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, how do such places operate without them? How do you tell one household from another in those cases? undecided
Each household will have a name attached to them and this will be done during the first phase of the census, which is the building numbering and household listing.

Building numbering will takes into consideration, existing building, demolished buildings and new buildings that are not captured during EAD
• Only buildings physically present on ground will be numbered.

Household Listing is the process of identifying and counting households in a building.
Note: According to census Household consists of a person or group of persons living together usually under the same roof or in the same building or compound, who share the same source of food and recognize themselves as a social unit with a head of household. They may or may not be related by blood
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Kobojunkie: 2:01am On May 01, 2023
oluwapoju:
â–  Each household will have a name attached to them and this will be done during the first phase of the census, which is the building numbering and household listing.

Building numbering will takes into consideration, existing building, demolished buildings and new buildings that are not captured during EAD
• Only buildings physically present on ground will be numbered.

Household Listing is the process of identifying and counting households in a building.
Note: According to census Household consists of a person or group of persons living together usually under the same roof or in the same building or compound, who share the same source of food and recognize themselves as a social unit with a head of household. They may or may not be related by blood
So a household is an address? undecided
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by oluwapoju(m): 7:45am On May 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So a household is an address? undecided
You aint getting the point, all building as been geo point.
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by abimcdssi: 7:57am On May 01, 2023
BusterG:
Okay let me quickly chip this in.

Sometime ago I think around 2005 the government conducted a Post Enumeration Survey (PES). The aim was to check and verify the accuracy of an earlier Census that was conducted.

I was among the Ad Hoc staff posted to some riverine villages off Bonny Island in Rivers State.

We reach there, the people no reach 600 people but on paper they are over 85,000 people. I come start to the wonder which people them count during the initial Census.

I told my supervisor, Oga wey the 85,000 pple for this community?

He just look me shake head say make I no disturb am o.

Bottom line is CENSUS is highly politicized in Nigeria cos of resource allocation.

If it's not automated with biometrics like BVN, it will just be another waste of time and tax payers money.

Capish.

When you tell people there's no way Nigeria has a population of 200 million, they argue. Census is just a waste of money in Nigeria since we will never do it right
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Bhettie: 9:16am On May 01, 2023
HOT OFFER

FEMALE ROOMMATE NEED IN A FURNISHED MINI FLAT

AT SHOMOLU , Lagos

FEE: 250k
Agency:20k
Total: 270k

Call: 08087979068
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On May 01, 2023
oluwapoju:
â–  You aint getting the point, all building as been geo point.
1. I do get the point which you clearly explained and that is that a household is in fact defined as an address. An address may be a room in a face-2-face, or a sublet. It does not necessarily have to be one whole building. undecided
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by oluwapoju(m): 9:15am On May 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I do get the point which you clearly explained and that is that a household is in fact defined as an address. An address may be a room in a face-2-face, or a sublet. It does not necessarily have to be one whole building. undecided
reason for this is because the proposed census for this year is to count both housing unit in the nation and people
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Kobojunkie: 2:13pm On May 02, 2023
oluwapoju:
â–  reason for this is because the proposed census for this year is to count both housing unit in the nation and people
1. Count housing units? Why? Aren't landlords at least required to handling the registering of # of units in their housing units each year? undecided
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by tballeyy(m): 8:02am On May 14, 2023
camri:
when last you fùck
twice every week

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? / How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.