Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be (20570 Views)

Six-pack: Woman Shows How Her Relationship Started Vs How It's Going (Photos) / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 10:44pm On Apr 28, 2023
Census is here again!!! Coming up next week Wednesday through Friday.

So been thinking... 🤔 how is this census going to be for singles? The last time I experienced it was in the family house with everyone still living under the same roof.

I'm thinking I should go to my elder sisters house and do mine or will I be the only one they'll count in my apartment? Under which family tree kwanu?

What ya think?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by wunmi590(m): 10:51pm On Apr 28, 2023

There won't be any difference, is just a number, the last time it was done too, I was in my family house, but now, I've my own family, and me, my wife and my lovely daughter would be counted...

Just state of origin and present location is what will be different....

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 10:56pm On Apr 28, 2023
Thanks everyone for the heads-up.

wunmi590:

There won't be any difference, is just a number, the last time it was done too, I was in my family house, but now, I've my own family, and me, my wife and my lovely daughter would be counted...

Just state of origin and present location is what will be different....

Oh really. That's good 😊.
I was at yaba market today and we were arguing the last time it was held and they said it was in 2002/3 but I thought otherwise but they eventually won as someone came and confirmed it was held last during Tinubu tenor as governor of Lagos state.

Omor, I remember that year. come and see how girls were lying about their age as everybody gathered in the compound to hear peoples age.

One old aunty said she was born 1990, come see shout! Hey!!!! Aunty aunty aunty, small small na.. grin cheesy grin.. I don laugh Taya that day.

Another woman came and said she was born 2003, hey.. another round of shout grin grin grin... Comedy that day ehn?? grin grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by wunmi590(m): 10:58pm On Apr 28, 2023
EriMma1:

I was at yaba today and we were arguing the last time it was held and they said it was in 2002/3 but I thought otherwise but they eventually won as someone came and confirmed it was held last during Tinubu tenor as governor of Lagos state.

Yes, the person was right...

Done in 2006

I dey my family house 🏠 then, I was being feed with frre food and accommodation 😆

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Foodqueen(f): 10:59pm On Apr 28, 2023
Them fit no even reach your side sef.

I doubt if the exercise will be taken serious

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by wunmi590(m): 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2023
Foodqueen:
Them fit no even reach your side sef.

I doubt if the exercise will be taken serious

Lol, you might be right about it....

Because during the 2006, Bola tinubu contested about the number they gave lagos then that it was too small, that means they didn't get to all areas to count....

5 Likes

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
EriMma1:
■ Census is here again!!! Coming up next week Wednesday through Friday. So been thinking... 🤔 how is this census going to be for singles? The last time I experienced it was in the family house with everyone still living under the same roof. I'm thinking I should go to my elder sisters house and do mine or will I be the only one they'll count in my apartment? Under which family tree kwanu? What ya think?
1. The census is meant to count every address/household, even if only one in that household/address. If you go get counted at your sister's place, that could easily result in a double counting error, don't you see, since your own address would still be considered. undecided
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Kobojunkie: 11:10pm On Apr 28, 2023
wunmi590:
■ There won't be any difference, is just a number, the last time it was done too, I was in my family house, but now, I've my own family, and me, my wife and my lovely daughter would be counted... Just state of origin and present location is what will be different....
1. I am afraid you are wrong abeg! There will be a difference because she will likely be counted twice when she instead needs to be counted just once. Census are usually taken by address, so if she has her own address, she should only be counted as one who lives at her own address and not someone else's address. undecided
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 11:15pm On Apr 28, 2023
wunmi590:

Yes, the person was right...

Done in 2006

I dey my family house 🏠 then, I was being feed with frre food and accommodation 😆

LoL..😂.
Ok o
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 11:15pm On Apr 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The census is meant to count every address/household, even if only one in that household/address. If you go get counted at your sister's place, that could easily result in a double counting error, don't you see, since your own address would still be considered. undecided
They won't meet anybody when they come now so they'll leave.
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Kobojunkie: 11:17pm On Apr 28, 2023
EriMma1:
■ They won't meet anybody when they come now so they'll leave.
1. When the enumerator comes by, you have to get them to register you with your own address, and not someone else's. undecided
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 11:18pm On Apr 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. When the enumerator comes by, you have to get them to register you with your own address, and not someone else's. undecided

Why did I now go to my sister's place if I'm going to be registering my own place?

I want to be counted with them.
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Apr 28, 2023
EriMma1:
■ Why did I now go to my sister's place if I'm going to be registering my own place? I want to be counted with them.
1. If an enumerator does not find you at your place, chances are they will ask your neighbors about the people who live there and get an estimated count anyways. So when you go to your sister's place and get yourself counted as someone who instead lives at her address, it will mean that you were counted at your address and at your sister's address as well. That is double-counting and part of what the census tries hard to avoid. undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by illicit(m): 11:27pm On Apr 28, 2023
EriMma1:

I was at yaba today and we were arguing the last time it was held and they said it was in 2002/3 but I thought otherwise but they eventually won as someone came and confirmed it was held last during Tinubu tenor as governor of Lagos state.

Twas 2006

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Phantom233: 11:37pm On Apr 28, 2023
Which census are you talking about next week? You better think twice cos there will be nothing like census next week, maybe in the future cos till now the major field workers who were supposed to be trained for two weeks have not began any training and it's just five days left. All we heard is that training has been postponed indefinitely.

10 Likes

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 11:51pm On Apr 28, 2023
Phantom233:
Which census are you talking about next week? You better think twice cos there will be nothing like census next week, maybe in the future cos till now the major field workers who were supposed to be trained for two weeks have not began any training and it's just five days left. All we heard is that training has been postponed indefinitely.

Which census is not holding next week when it's already all over the place and people are getting ready for the three days hols.
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 11:52pm On Apr 28, 2023
illicit:

Twas 2006

Oh.. hmm..
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Starz825(m): 8:52am On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

It was 2006...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Phantom233: 9:06am On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

Which census is not holding next week when it's already all over the place and people are getting ready for the three days hols.

ok o but I. 100% sure you that there will be.no census next week, infact am just receiving an update that the excercise will be postponed indefinitely

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 10:06am On Apr 29, 2023
Phantom233:
ok o but I. 100% sure you that there will be.no census next week, infact am just receiving an update that the excercise will be postponed indefinitely

Ok. Let's see now.
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by EriMma1: 10:06am On Apr 29, 2023
Starz825:

It was 2006...

Ok.
Thanks.
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Phantom233: 12:50pm On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

Ok. Let's see now.
ok it's now officially on nairaland, no census till d next government comes in to decide.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by BusterG: 1:37pm On Apr 29, 2023
Okay let me quickly chip this in.

Sometime ago I think around 2005 the government conducted a Post Enumeration Survey (PES). The aim was to check and verify the accuracy of an earlier Census that was conducted.

I was among the Ad Hoc staff posted to some riverine villages off Bonny Island in Rivers State.

We reach there, the people no reach 600 people but on paper they are over 85,000 people. I come start to the wonder which people them count during the initial Census.

I ask my supervisor, Oga wey the 85,000 pple for this community?

He just look me one kind, come shake head say make I no disturb am o.

Bottom line is CENSUS is highly politicized in Nigeria cos of resource allocation.

If it's not automated with biometrics like BVN, it will just be another waste of time and tax payers money.

Capish.

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by henrimoto(m): 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

Ok. Let's see now.
EriMma! Have you left for your sister's place abi you still dey prepare to go ? Baba Bubu, don carry am forward for the next incoming government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by phemmie06(m): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2023
Election is no more taking place next week.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Ezedon(m): 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by phemmie06(m): 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2023
kiss
EriMma1:

So been thinking... 🤔 how is this census going to be for singles? The last time I experienced it was in the family house with everyone still living under the same roof.

I'm thinking I should go to my elder sisters house and do mine or will I be the only one they'll count in my apartment? Under which family tree kwanu?

What ya think?
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by TemplarLandry: 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2023
shocked
Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by id4sho(m): 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2023
No census in biafla land says the supleme leader tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by Raysleek: 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

What ya think?
Census postponed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by abobote: 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
Irrelevant thread, of all the problems in Nigeria, na census de worry you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be by inoki247: 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
Lol you wan marry the Census Staff or what cos I no understand....

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court / My First Year Wedding Anniversary, To God Bethe Glory / "Men Are Totally Useless" - Lady Tells Man Who Advised Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.