Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) (3373 Views)

Bandits Are Not Muslims, North Is Undereducated & Underpopulated- Bello El-Rufai / The Misconception About Votes From Northern Nigeria / 5 Misconception About The Petroleum Industry Act, 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Raheeqilmaktoom: 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Lies from the pit of hell

Only kano a city?

Which of your shithole cities can be compared to zaria not to talk of Kaduna and Kano.

Only the SW and SS fit get mouth against north. But as for SE, it's a NO NO NO

The most annoying thing is na una dey make mouth pass

With all due respect to them both, bar Lagos and PH economies, the regions have no bragging rights.

The SE isn't even in the discussion.
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by renderme: 4:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The man said East!

Can't you read.
Meh just want to diss yorubas for no reason. Na their way.
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Gajagojo: 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

But we have students from imo all over Nigeria ...I'm from imo didn't chill in imo

From South to north imo students Dominate medical school
I don't know what you mean by You have students all over. If they graduate from ABUTH then Imo state did not " produce" them. That is a stupid thing to say Like saying Kenya produced Barack Obama
When they graduate from. "All over" do they return to Owerri to work? Do those that graduate in Imo state stay there? Yet you are slating North West for not producing Manpower . The claim that Imo produced more than NW is false and stupid.

I am sure you had students in Ukraine too but when they graduate they are not reckoned to Imo state. They are products of Ukraine medical schools which were not built by Imo state

What is the source of the figure 150
I
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Raheeqilmaktoom: 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

1 teaching hospital 6 referral hospital with another teaching hospital on the way

A whole Imo? grin

What's so special here?
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Raheeqilmaktoom: 4:40pm On Apr 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

But we have students from imo all over Nigeria ...I'm from imo didn't chill in imo

From South to north imo students Dominate medical school

You must be living in an alternate reality, or have probably never left your cocoon.

You exhibit behaviors typical of people who've never left their streets, you need to explore and see the country and the world as it is, not from your jaundiced view.

Dey play, just dey play.
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by worried222: 4:41pm On Apr 29, 2023
Sometimes I wonder if you people don’t have anything meaningful to do with your time and life that you can have this kind of energy to put into these kind of d1ck measuring contest.
Think of how you can better your individual life and by extension your family members.
After all, even if your region is more developed, it doesn’t make you successful!! 🤦🏾‍♂️

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Gajagojo: 4:43pm On Apr 29, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

You must be living in an alternate reality, or have probably never left your cocoon.

You exhibit behaviors typical of people who've never left their streets, you need to explore and see the country and the world as it is, not from your jaundiced view.

Dey play, just dey play.
It is called Umunna mentality
Everything is viewed through that prism.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Putinofrussia: 4:49pm On Apr 29, 2023
Odin13:
The man said south

Op being an insecured Yoruba Apc .. twist it to igbos

When the whole Nigerians .. understand that yorub people don’t travel.. they stay i their osogbo and view Nigeria to be osogbo .. reason why they see Lagos as beginning and end of Nigeria

In all northern markets and all posh estates in entire north..

Igbos are next to in population.. being it market shops .. to duplex houses .. and funny I’m some quarters .. Igbos are majority..

Only a foolish person will refer to igbos in this post

If no be insecurity and backwardness

Yoruba people make Una travel.. travel.. travel and leave Una Ibadan ilorin ife Abeokuta and understand the true fact .. that southwest is the most backward region in Nigeria ..,,

Reason Una wan die ontop Lagos

Yet only Ibadan,even with its old side,is more developed than the entire SE Igboland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5cTJ__o_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32VZT99kUQE

KOLAPO ISHOLA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNRSDE-im3s

OLUYOLE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0mpaAoK1Do

Olivia Ilozue talk on few properties in Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH3VN1ZbJZw

Westlink Iconic Villa Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwGG5sAyc3k

One of the commercial hubs in Ibadan....AKALA EXPRESS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqRvFnQWafM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqnps1-093M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftA8UOWBR2M

IBADAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5RITI0SIL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTLUfQUKXZU

Mokola.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxFmAdbERxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHWxBzX5eFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSQ3mbLIGbQ

Yorubas are the most travelled(especially outside Nigeria)people in Africa.They explore where no African has ever been but they are not economic migrants.

Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by mrvitalis(m): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Dey play, just dey play.
Oga imo state produce 1800 to 2300 medical doctors per year that's a fact not your emotions ... Google if you can't believe
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by mrvitalis(m): 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

A whole Imo? grin

What's so special here?
They produce more medical doctors than north west and north east combined per year

That's special
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by mrvitalis(m): 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
Gajagojo:

I don't know what you mean by You have students all over. If they graduate from ABUTH then Imo state did not " produce" them. That is a stupid thing to say Like saying Kenya produced Barack Obama
When they graduate from. "All over" do they return to Owerri to work? Do those that graduate in Imo state stay there? Yet you are slating North West for not producing Manpower . The claim that Imo produced more than NW is false and stupid.

I am sure you had students in Ukraine too but when they graduate they are not reckoned to Imo state. They are products of Ukraine medical schools which were not built by Imo state

I
They travel all over but remit money back home that keeps the economy running ....2000 doctors per year ...5000 nurses , 500 pharmist ...per year since 1999 you know how much they send back home ?

Invest back home ? Use to build back home ?

Lmfao
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by mrvitalis(m): 5:03pm On Apr 29, 2023
Gajagojo:

I
Imo produce more doctors than north west and that's facts
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Gajagojo: 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

Imo produce more doctors than north west and that's facts
If they are not graduating from an Imo state medical school
Imo state did not produce them
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Gajagojo: 5:19pm On Apr 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

They travel all over but remit money back home that keeps the economy running ....2000 doctors per year ...5000 nurses , 500 pharmist ...per year since 1999 you know how much they send back home ?

Invest back home ? Use to build back home ?

Lmfao

These are just your wishes
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by kambili999(f): 5:27pm On Apr 29, 2023
dreamxhaser:

I'm not trying to be a bigot but truth be told the igbos brag a lot and that's why.

I have nothing against them though
Yen yen yen yen...

How many igbos have you had an encounter with?

So because you met a small number ( not even using a percentage) you have drawn your conclusion?
Oh please...
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by InkredibleHulk: 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
I would rather rely on official information about the economic situation in the North, than depend on Social media gossip.

dreamxhaser:
Someone from the east went to Kano and was speechless and dumbfounded. He said he spent his entire life thinking the North is just like a war remnants and only mud houses with no running water or tarred roads. He thought when he comes he will meet people falling on the streets because of hunger.

That’s actually what most of them think of the North until they come. The bad thing is they will not take their surprises back home because everything there is validation, validation and validation. You either do what we want or we cancel you. No respect for opinions or even elders.

Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Gajagojo: 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
kambili999:

Yen yen yen yen...

How many igbos have you had an encounter with?

So because you met a small number ( not even using a percentage) you have drawn your conclusion?
Oh please...
Even Chinua Achebe said it

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by mrvitalis(m): 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2023
Gajagojo:

If they are not graduating from an Imo state medical school
Imo state did not produce them
Lmfao console yourself
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Gajagojo: 6:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lmfao console yourself
You are the one with a need for validation creating stupid inferiority complex stories everyday
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Bridget95(f): 6:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Lies from the pit of hell

Only kano a city?

Which of your shithole cities can be compared to zaria not to talk of Kaduna and Kano.

Only the SW and SS fit get mouth against north. But as for SE, it's a NO NO NO

The most annoying thing is na una dey make mouth pass
where have you been to in the SouthEest and how many storey buildings are your state?
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by udede(m): 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
After the indegens, igbos are the second highest population in those places. If this is correct how come they are discovering this for the first time.,? Op you are just back ward and blind. Leave Igbo people alone before HBP kills you.
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Corn247: 6:19pm On Apr 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lmfao console yourself
If imo state is producing 2k medics, then osun will be producing at least 20k considering the fact that there are at least 40 tertiary institutions there.
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by kambili999(f): 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
Gajagojo:

Even Chinua Achebe said it
oh please 🙄
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by princeabdul(m): 6:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
mrvitalis:
Lamba yes Kano and Kaduna ( main cities , which are not that big ) are fairly developed

Vest majority are poor there is something about middle class you can't hide

Firstly when you can't produce enough manpower to handle your critical infrastructure then it's a big problem

Most core northern hospitals and schools primary to universities are staffed 20% to 80% by southerners with vast majority Igbos

Poverty in the north is crippling

Just saw a state that shows in 2015 IMO state alone produced more doctors than north west n north east ....that's sad
“ kaduna and Kano aren’t that developed “

Look at your Anambra that looks like Dubai

Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by mrvitalis(m): 6:41pm On Apr 29, 2023
princeabdul:
“ kaduna and Kano aren’t that developed “

Look at your Anambra that looks like Dubai
See the buildings by that road ...see that ? Lmfao that's what we call economic power ...look at the neighborhood of the roads in Kaduna n Kano
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by mrvitalis(m): 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2023
Corn247:

If imo state is producing 2k medics, then osun will be producing at least 20k considering the fact that there are at least 40 tertiary institutions there.
Lmfao sometimes Google

The fact osun has 10 universities doesn't mean all the students are from osun

Imo might even be dominant
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by mrvitalis(m): 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2023
Gajagojo:

You are the one with a need for validation creating stupid inferiority complex stories everyday
Did you say the same thing when the stats are against south east
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Gajagojo: 6:47pm On Apr 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

Did you say the same thing when the stats are against south east
My mind does not inhabit the sewage pit that yours obviously does.
I have productive thoughts to think
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Gajagojo: 6:49pm On Apr 29, 2023
kambili999:
oh please 🙄
yea truth is bitter
It is what It is

Again
Achebe said it
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Corn247: 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lmfao sometimes Google

The fact osun has 10 universities doesn't mean all the students are from osun

Imo might even be dominant

So only imo indigenes are in Imo universities, even if that true.. Imo can never produce 100 doctors per year not to talk of 2k, prove me wrong by citing sources.

Again, i mentain that osun alone has over 40 tertiary institutions.. Its not only universities that produce health workers.
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by JpBiz92: 6:56pm On Apr 29, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Loool, just what we are saying.

Thinking all development is limited to Kano and Kaduna, no state in SE will have any bragging rights over Gombe - created 1996.

leave north alone and talk about Ibadan and osogbo.

I served in kwami local government area of gombe state, did all my clearances in mallam sidi..

Don't ever mention gombe and development again in the same sentence unless you're talking about gombe town
Re: The Igbos Misconception About The North (is This True?) by Jamesbally: 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2023
mrvitalis:
Lamba yes Kano and Kaduna ( main cities , which are not that big ) are fairly developed

Vest majority are poor there is something about middle class you can't hide

Firstly when you can't produce enough manpower to handle your critical infrastructure then it's a big problem

Most core northern hospitals and schools primary to universities are staffed 20% to 80% by southerners with vast majority Igbos

Poverty in the north is crippling

Just saw a state that shows in 2015 IMO state alone produced more doctors than north west n north east ....that's sad

Chai, see as this Okoro dey lie. You mean. Anyways, IGBO can never rule Nigeria. After Tinubu finish his right years. The North will continue from there.

Make una continue una Chest beating. Na that one una go chop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

27 N-delta Militants Arrested In Ghana / Buhari Has 60 Percent Edge Over Jonathan, Says Eurasia Group / Throw Back Picture Of Central Bank Picture ...then And Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.