Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? (34725 Views)

What Made You Switch To Android And Never Looked Back / When Last Did You Switch Off Your Phone ? / How To Switch To A New Smartphone Without Losing Your Whatsapp Chats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by JamOSneh: 8:32am On May 01, 2023
I dey tell u mAh broda pesin wey switch from tecno 2gig ram to iPhone 6 go believe say all Android are trash
udemzyudex:

Na one 2gb or 1gb android phone most of them dey use before switching.
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by Vado2: 8:38am On May 01, 2023
Glock22:

S9+

Even S10. iPhone is by far a better phone. A lot of people saying different is because they just want to sound cool.
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by JamOSneh: 8:41am On May 01, 2023
Some iPhone hang well wen dey receive iOS 16
phr0nesis:

Like say the iPhone no get when e de hang. XR don hang for my front ontop film wey person de watch.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by JamOSneh: 8:48am On May 01, 2023
No mind Dem make Dem dey deceive deir self one of my guy sold is Samsung z e won test dat iPhone wey every body dey hype e no use am reach one month before e sold it Bak, weyrey don get Bak Samsung s21+ I just dey laff am
Olam09:

Don't mind dem werey, I've been an avid Samsung user close to 9 years.. all the phone wey i don use up till this present S10 has always been a smooth flow.. Nothing like hanging Aje.
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by ayogabriel(m): 8:48am On May 01, 2023
I use the latest of the 2 devices. They both have their perk .

IPhone 13 pro, great user experience nice feel, and great camera. Major turn-off Battery health went from 100% to 90% in 2 month
Suspect heavy usage of WhatsApp, posting on WhatsApp lag because it has to download from cloud most time.

Samsung s22. Great camera, and a great battery, the user experience is better due to Android flexibility. I go about my usual business without the constant headache of battery wahala.

With Samsung, working is way easier and navigating is way better.

Overall I might be dumping the iPhone in weeks to come

1 Like

Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by Akinfolarin9: 8:54am On May 01, 2023
YunqTee:

Hmm. I have no knowledge about coding, I just want to know if I can actually start anything with my phone pending when I get a laptop
sure youtube is your friend
First pick the area of coding you want to specialize in e.g web dev(front end/backend),machine language etc
There are other websites you can learn apart from youtube but i use youtube mostly cos i prefer video explanation
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by diogo23: 9:17am On May 01, 2023
JamOSneh:
I no dey envy anybody but to be sincere nothing innovative Abt iPhone restrictions don too much on dat iPhone imagine I can't use any music of my choice for ringing tone except deir default ringing tone no b juju b dat, most of u using iPhone believe Android users are broke ND dey can't afford it, ND dat is not true
It's obvious you have not use iPhone before, iPhone is far better than android phone , iPhone can never hang no matter the load it carry but android phone wahala
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by popweezy(m): 9:36am On May 01, 2023
Glock22:

Lol, phone that I’ve dumped in my wardrobe, why do I have to lie?
sell it to me bro
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by popweezy(m): 9:38am On May 01, 2023
diogo23:

It's obvious you have not use iPhone before, iPhone is far better than android phone , iPhone can never hang no matter the load it carry but android phone wahala
Who tell you IPhone no dey lag See this one.. I guess you just started using Iphone

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by KAM3KAZI: 9:39am On May 01, 2023
Evestar200:
Same with my Redmi note 9, bought it 2020 still using it without screen guard and no scratch.

I know how many times the phone don fallen.

Sometimes the phone will fall and people will be scared and I will just tell them, don't worry nothing will happen to it.
I dey tell you
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by litaninja(m): 9:41am On May 01, 2023
cry I feel you

21sailor:

It's because of finance boss and the more I wait the more the money becomes useless.
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by Acidosis(m): 9:43am On May 01, 2023
Esthered:

Lol. I just remembered those that say Mastercard or nothing.
Happy new month sir.

Mastercard or nothing grin grin Very funny

Happy new month, dear cool
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by JamOSneh: 9:56am On May 01, 2023
Same as u you Never use high-end Android phone if you Ave use it u won't say dis Ave use xs max nothing special about it but it nice smartphone
diogo23:

1 Like

Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by Morphinne: 10:04am On May 01, 2023
Flora2Sweet:
IPhone is for calls , while my Sammy is for the fun stuffs like games and 🎥 movie's.. I hate caring charger up and dawn.. so I minimise my iPhone usage to save battery for me...
But iPhone no easy to use sha... e dey chop data like mad.. no matter how u try to manage am...
I’m surprised ppl still live with this archaic mentality that iPhone users go about with powerbanks and that they consume too much data grin My friend, this is 2023, pls set that iPhone 5c free.
Also, personally, I just prefer using my iPhone and I use it more even though I use both operating systems. iPhones are really worth the hype (even though they are running out of ideas) but a vast majority of the ppl condemning androids are ppl coming from entry-level spec androids and that automatically becomes an unfair comparison; comparing a thousand dollars worth mobile phone to the one you got for a few hundred bucks.
Android would have been a mile better than Apple iOS if google didn’t make it readily available to every Tom, Dick and Harry (infinix, Tecno, dogee etc). I prefer and will always prefer using iPhone because of its seamless ecosystem integration i.e Apple devices are best enjoyed when used together (your apple phone, Iwatch, IPad and a MacBook) the connection and communication is just too smooth to let go and except Samsung, I don’t think there’s any android OEM having this kind of integration (Samsung’s own sef is still lagging behind and seems more like a copycat kind of)
Lastly, there’s this ugly trend of android OEMs trying hard to be like iPhones. This trend always make them look like a copy of the original. Very soon, these android OEM will start emulating Apple’s dynamic island design making it look like the iPhones are the yardstick for measuring good standard. You see android reviewers always having to compare their latest releases to a iPhone like iPhones are the set-standard of what good phones are.
Functionality-wise, I prefer using iPhones because apps just look and feel better on iOS than on their android counterparts.
In short, iPhones win in the areas of
1. Fluidity
2. Reliability
3. Smooth Ecosystem integration
4. Apps just look and feel better, I don’t know why developers just love making their apps better and more stable on iOS than on other platforms.
5. Security: due to the restrictive nature, you are less likely to download problems for yourself (android gives you unhindered freedom to open links and download stuff that could open u to attacks)

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by MartinsD12(m): 10:10am On May 01, 2023
Goldbw122:

Nice ideal.
Yes that's it I can't spend up to 700k on a phone that can't make me a million naira except of course like I said it's for business which you know most of these flagship phones are good for business, let's say you are content creator or you even sell cars online you need a phone with good camera and video that's the angle am coming from, let's look at Samsung A34 for example it's 236k is it good for long term business yes because it's a four years phone , same goes with phontom v fold Tecno , other good Samsung phones, anybody that buys expensive phones just for fashion that's their preference for me my phone is my company it's actually my self employment tool.
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by Flora2Sweet: 10:14am On May 01, 2023
Wow... i love iphone bro.. Cus I'm using one .. thank you for this

Morphinne:

I’m surprised ppl still live with this archaic mentality that iPhone users go about with powerbanks and that they consume too much data grin My friend, this is 2023, pls set that iPhone 5c free.
Also, personally, I just prefer using my iPhone and I use it more even though I use both operating systems. iPhones are really worth the hype (even though they are running out of ideas) but a vast majority of the ppl condemning androids are ppl coming from entry-level spec androids and that automatically becomes an unfair comparison; comparing a thousand dollars worth mobile phone to the one you got for a few hundred bucks.
Android would have been a mile better than Apple iOS if google didn’t make it readily available to every Tom, Dick and Harry (infinix, Tecno, dogee etc). I prefer and will always prefer using iPhone because of its seamless ecosystem integration i.e Apple devices are best enjoyed when used together (your apple phone, Iwatch, IPad and a MacBook) the connection and communication is just too smooth to let go and except Samsung, I don’t think there’s any android OEM having this kind of integration (Samsung’s own sef is still lagging behind and seems more like a copycat kind of)
Lastly, there’s this ugly trend of android OEMs trying hard to be like iPhones. This trend always make them look like a copy of the original. Very soon, these android OEM will start emulating Apple’s dynamic island design making it look like the iPhones are the yardstick for measuring good standard. You see android reviewers always having to compare their latest releases to a iPhone like iPhones are the set-standard of what good phones are.
Functionality-wise, I prefer using iPhones because apps just look and feel better on iOS than on their android counterparts.
In short, iPhones win in the areas of
1. Fluidity
2. Reliability
3. Smooth Ecosystem integration
4. Apps just look and feel better, I don’t know why developers just love making their apps better and more stable on iOS than on other platforms.
5. Security: due to the restrictive nature, you are less likely to download problems for yourself (android gives you unhindered freedom to open links and download stuff that could open u to attacks)

1 Like

Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by WrathOfHadez(m): 1:37pm On May 01, 2023
Techbroz:
Lol, I doubt you own any of both. Lemme try to explain.

The 120hz on the S20 and other high end android is superfast, you can feel this when you scroll through web pages and in app animations too. (Set your animations speeds to .5x in developer settings and trust me the 13 pro can't compare). On the iPhone it's more like 90hz, if you really own both the difference is like night and day.

Secondly face I.D..Face I.D is damn slow man, especially when used for locking apps like WhatsApp. That animation feels like forever compared to just using your finger print and boom you're in. Although it's more secure but damn who am I really protecting my phone from. The swipe up after unlocking to enter the phone is absolutely unnecessary in my opinion. That extra step makes it slower and trust me unless you really use both phones you won't notice how slower the iPhone is in day to day operations compared to others.

Please don't argue if you don't use both phones. Or do we talk about the boxy design of the recent iPhones that makes it even uncomfortable to hold for a long period of time? Jeez I miss my 11 pro. That new design just digs into your palm and over a long period of time you would start feeling really uncomfortable.

Everything I have written is from a user experience. I still own the both phones and a Macbook pro.
your user experience (UX) is the reflection and colour of your emotions. I will liken them to a novice trying to explain the technicalities in skiing to me.

I wish I wouldn't have to respond to this but I will....your unnecessary delving into the form factor of the iphone betrays your iPhone-hate.

But let me oblige you.... Android OS is a fundamentally flawed system from the get-go. Even its manufacturers had admitted so from Its early iteration. That is why it needs very larg RAM to run.

I type this conversation with you using one of the Samsung Note Series Flagships and the specs says it equipped with a 12GB ram. And I'm like damn....what do I need such large RAM numbers if the OS isn't a RAM-guzzler!!! cheesy

The fact that android is owned and built by Google and left for other OEMs like Samsung , Tecno, Xiaomi and Nokia to integrate into their systems makes it a beta product than an iPhone which is almost 100% in-house.

When the iPhone 6 came, it was equipped with a 1GB ram and was the fasted smartphone on earth then trumping Samsung Flagships like Note 4 and S5 in speed when both were equipped with 3GB RAM. Let's see if the sequence has changed over the years....

For the mere fact the S23 Ultra is a 2023 phone and still 21% slower to the older 2022 iPhone 14pro should be enough to not begin this argument but no, Sammy Fan boys love to type and hype.

Nothing has changed, bro. Nothing and nothing will change till Chirst our Lord will return to claim us and all the mobile platforms together cheesy

I knew you'za fan boy when you started arguing 20sec and 7 secs are not worthy of mentioning. Because you know Sammy lags behind.

You know why back in the days Symbian Os survived Against Sonny-Ericcson's UIQ and Windows Mobile? Symbian needed lower RAM numbers to run . When Android came out, one of its very core weakness was needing high RAM and processors to get up to speed and stability.

Unless they go back to the basic they CANT fix that.

You telling me from your sentimental experience of owning both devices is laughable.

Next time you want to run a benchmark test, use a blindfold and you will feel the results before you see 'em.

Cheers!

I no go talk again

Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by wumi2017(f): 1:44pm On May 01, 2023
Hunmmmmm,,, iPhone ☹️ one day sha
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by donhils: 1:53pm On May 01, 2023
seanwilliam:
1. Apps run smoother on iPhones .
Especially trading apps .
2. Longer support
3. More secure
4. Second hand value
5. Easy to sell

iPhone na pick and use phone .

I’ve used so many samsung including flagship and midrange .

I no fit Dey choose phone cos of customization when I no be pikin.
I no Dey even change wallpaper for years. grin
Longer support ? You really use your phone for that long? Samsung offers 4/5 years of support. So you use a single phone over 4 yrs?
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by Goalnaldo(m): 2:08pm On May 01, 2023
LeeMason:
Not like my iPhone is the latest one oh but I own an iPhone x. I bought a Sammy s21 ultra and I instantly forgot I have an iPhone too. On may 7th it would be exactly one year since I last stepped out of my compound with the iPhone X. It's just there in the drawer.
gift me na.
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by HayB100(m): 2:08pm On May 01, 2023
ICEWIN:

Things wey u dey use do with android (especially gaming),if na iphone,if you buy brand new iphone the battery health go decrease drastically.
as in, like mad, e go die 🤣🤣🤣
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by Glock22: 2:22pm On May 01, 2023
popweezy:
sell it to me bro

I’m not in Nigeria, and I’m keeping it for my daughter

1 Like

Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by popweezy(m): 2:27pm On May 01, 2023
Glock22:

I’m not in Nigeria, and I’m keeping it for my daughter
oh, that's fine.

And I'm sorry for calling you "bro"
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:40pm On May 01, 2023
Thattallgirl:
What about laptop product please? Or any laptop product is okay?

DELL, HP. Etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by diogo23: 5:47pm On May 01, 2023
popweezy:
Who tell you IPhone no dey lag See this one.. I guess you just started using Iphone
Small boys talk on faceless forum without thinking, I use iPhone 4, 6 , 6plus and 8 before I stopped immediately i come back to my fit back to iPhone straight
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by hk891: 7:41pm On May 01, 2023
seanwilliam:

This is a fallacy.

You must be using iPhone 7plus or lower models or defective iPhone to come to such conclusion.

And for a phone of 6 years , it’s expected to have poor battery.

Upgrade to 11 pro max atleast and see power bank on phone.

The battery life is true, I use an iPhone 12 and na so i dey carry charger up and down

No andriod of same year ( flagship) has better battery life than 11 pro max same with 13 pro max.

And for data? Well, for you to be using phone of 200k and above, data should be least of your problem except you’re the type that buys what you can’t afford just to feel among !
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by linon: 11:41pm On May 01, 2023
can't relate...na one kpalasa I dae use hold body.
make one person for here just surprise me now smiley
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by Equity15(m): 1:01am On May 02, 2023
eventainment:

Download fdroid: google search fdroid,
It's like play store
Inside fdroid download termux, unexpected keyboard too
thanks boss
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by illuminutty: 8:06am On May 02, 2023
falcon01:
which was better and why?

iPhone 13 Pro Max is better than my Galaxy S20+ by far. The battery 🔋 life of 13PM is unrivalled. The weight of the phone is solid. No lagging at all. No overheating.

I only miss Truecaller on 13PM. Truecaller works best on S20+.
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by falcon01: 8:11am On May 02, 2023
illuminutty:

iPhone 13 Pro Max is better than my Galaxy S20+ by far. The battery 🔋 life of 13PM is unrivalled. The weight of the phone is solid. No lagging at all. No overheating.

I only miss Truecaller on 13PM. Truecaller works best on S20+.
you are the first person I've seen who accused Samsung of Lagging. By the way 13 pro max should be compared with s22 plus or ultra not 20+ because they ain't on the same level.
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by YunqTee: 10:13am On May 02, 2023
Akinfolarin9:

sure youtube is your friend
First pick the area of coding you want to specialize in e.g web dev(front end/backend),machine language etc
There are other websites you can learn apart from youtube but i use youtube mostly cos i prefer video explanation
Alright.
Thanks boss
Re: What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? by maxiart2(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2023
21sailor:

Sincerely bros do you think there's any phone that beats iPhone in terms of camera?
I'm saving up to buy even if it's x or xs max cos I'm a fashion designer and camera is one thing I need so baad!
I'm currently using Samsung A03 and the camera isn't good.

You can rate the camera from 1-10 when comparing..
Thanks

Leave A series and go for S series. The for S camera is topnotch. A series was majorly built for battery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Proxies 2 / First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! / MY* Blackberry Z3 Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.