Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,607 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online (1059 Views)

Presidential Election That Produced Tinubu Not Free, Fair ― Prof Onigbinde / 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online / Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Newton2024: 3:43am On May 01, 2023
Israel Arogbonlo

A foremost Professor of Political Philosophy with a speciality in public policies, politics and governance, Akinyemi Onigbinde has lambasted the Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, Yakubu Mahmood, following the outcome of immediate past 2023 presidential election.

Onigbinde, in a recent interview with Nigerian Tribune, claimed the INEC boss “messed up” following the outcome of the poll that saw Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) emerged winner.

TRIBUNE ONLINE reports there have been several calls in recent times, especially by opposition demanding for the nullification of the poll that they deemed “fraudulent ” and “unconstitutional”.

In his interview, Prof. Onigbinde alleged the 2023 presidential “without prejudice to the outcome of court judgment” is “not free and fair” adding that “INEC deliberately disabled BVAS for the presidential election”.

According to him, Yakubu being one of the members of the eggheads does not equate that all professors are incompetent.

“It is not a generic thing. A professor belongs to the professorial cadre. No one approached the university to say ‘give us a professor.’ Therefore, you cannot take the misbehavior of a specific person to say professors are incompetent. There is a professor who was the returning officer for Abia governorship election who rejected bribe from politicians. Why did you not mention that example?

“Look, it was very clear APC was aiming for an agenda. If you check the way INEC chairmen are chosen, they don’t choose them from the dominant ethnic group, especially where you have the chances that a presidential candidate is likely to emerge and win.

“Jonathan never met Attahiru Jega before he appointed him. He wanted somebody with some level of integrity to head the commission. When Jega left, nobody expected Buhari to pick from his Fulani ethnic group.

“But he did it, just like he did with all the service chiefs. It was an attempt to hatch the agenda. So, you can’t say because Yakubu messed up, therefore all professors are bad,” he stated when asked to buttress his point on what he meant by Nigeria cannot be redeemed by election.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/2023-elections-you-messed-up-prof-onigbinde-tells-inec-beoss/

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Jerryherd: 3:45am On May 01, 2023
cool

Why constantly blame Mahmood when he did his job accordingly to law and gave you opportunity to go to court

It's not INEC BOSS Job to give you free and fair election...

INEC is barely the refereee in a match he isn't the Players or the fans

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Newton2024: 3:54am On May 01, 2023
Jerryherd:
cool

Why constantly blame Mahmood when he did his job accordingly to law and gave you opportunity to go to court

Read what you wrote and see that your conscience is dead. Just like Tinubu, Mahmud Yakubu is a mere criminal. That's the truth every sane man should know.

13 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Jerryherd: 3:58am On May 01, 2023
Newton2024:
Read what you wrote and see that your conscience is dead. Just like Tinubu, Mahmud Yakubu is a mere criminal. That's the truth every sane man should know.

I think you are the one lacking morals and instead of dealing with your loss you put your fustration on others without offering any intelligent opinion as a human with thinking capacity

Ok

Be knowledgeable to answer objectively not like an Nsogbu Nsogbu that modules things up unintelligently

1:You claim my concience is dead

Why?!

I voted Tinubu defended my vote in my P.U monitored my result online and got what I voted.

Why are my Concience dead and Yours Better as an Ibo man

2: Mahmood a Professor of many years you call him a criminal

In all honesty who are you,

what prosecutable crime did Mahmood commit

If mahmod was your father will it be cool if I called your father a criminal with any evidence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by floret23(f): 4:16am On May 01, 2023
Jerryherd,

Try to examine your head and brain. For trying to defend evil, something is wrong with you. Tinubu is a criminal.

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by yinkus6750(m): 4:25am On May 01, 2023
It's unfortunate that despite the promise by PMB to give us a credible , free and fair election, INEC messed up the process
They had a good idea on paper to use BVAS and transmit results electronically through IREV.
But failed to implement accordingly.
I belief we still in the learning process and things will continue to get better.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Jerryherd: 4:30am On May 01, 2023
floret23:
Jerryherd,

Try to examine your head and brain. For trying to defend evil, something is wrong with you. Tinubu is a criminal.

Exactly what an Ibo would say

Objectivity zero

Logic zero

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by floret23(f): 4:33am On May 01, 2023
Jerryherd:

Exactly what an Ibo would say

Objectivity zero

Logic zero

I laugh at your self-deception. May you never be healed of your delusion.

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by helinues: 4:52am On May 01, 2023
And the blaming games continue
Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by money121(m): 5:03am On May 01, 2023
Ok
Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Moferere: 6:18am On May 01, 2023
No election is perfect
Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Pwettylinda(f): 6:24am On May 01, 2023
Jerryherd:
cool

Not sure you will ever have sense in life again

Your head is empty for ever amen grin

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Vinnie2000(m): 6:37am On May 01, 2023
The Useless Mahmood Yakubu that cunningly announced the presidential Result by 4am should be Ashamed of himself.

His life will not be Peaceful.

It will be full of KataKata just like the Election he conducted. sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by kaludestiny10(m): 6:42am On May 01, 2023
I am sorry to say this but you sound so incoherent. The person that granted that interview is a Yoruba man oh. He also mentioned that INEC deliberately disabled the BIVAS machine from uploading polling unit results in real time, what does that signify to you.
Jerryherd:

I think you are the one lacking morals and instead of dealing with your loss you put your fustration on others without offering any intelligent opinion as a human with thinking capacity

Ok

Be knowledgeable to answer objectively not like an Nsogbu Nsogbu that modules things up unintelligently

Why?!

I voted Tinubu defended my vote in my P.U monitored my result online and got what I voted.

If mahmod was your father will it be cool if I called your father a criminal with any evidence

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by DMerciful(m): 6:43am On May 01, 2023
You're not making any atom of sense!
Jerryherd:
cool

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Mitchy49(m): 6:45am On May 01, 2023
Yakubu mamood will die a painful death for his actrocities against the Nigerian youth and poor masses
Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by magoo10(m): 6:45am On May 01, 2023
It is obvious Nigerians from north to west , south and east rejected the 2023 sham elections tinubu is trying to use in forcing himself on nigerians.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by DMerciful(m): 6:46am On May 01, 2023
Learning? It was not because of knowledge gap, they intentionally shutdown IREV to enable manual collation with the ability to cross check with IREV to authenticate results at collation centres. The aim is to enable rigging. Mahmmud was compromised
yinkus6750:
It's unfortunate that despite the promise by PMB to give us a credible , free and fair election, INEC messed up the process
They had a good idea on paper to use BVAS and transmit results electronically through IREV.
But failed to implement accordingly.
I belief we still in the learning process and things will continue to get better.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by DatNiggaDaz: 6:46am On May 01, 2023
They will call him Omoale now. You will hear go back to your village soon
Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by DMerciful(m): 6:47am On May 01, 2023
This is what fraudulent prople use to justify their fraud
Moferere:
No election is perfect

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by DatNiggaDaz: 6:52am On May 01, 2023
Jerryherd:

Ok

Why?!

What is this. Bro does this explanation makes sense to you.
You tried very hard to defend illegality and rascality and ended up sounding funny.

Take it easy, you have alread brought tribalism into the thread immediately. Why call Igbos Did the Professor mention Igbo in this Interview.

Chai. Why do you hate the Igbos ? What did they do to you
Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Torpedo23: 7:24am On May 01, 2023
DMerciful:
Learning? It was not because of knowledge gap, they intentionally shutdown IREV to enable manual collation with the ability to cross check with IREV to authenticate results at collation centres. The aim is to enable rigging. Mahmmud was compromised

Exactly.
The moment he shut down IREV, Eye Neck was saying 'Hello electoral rigging' and 'bye bye credible elections'.

There's no way he will be able to change the perception that Nigerians have of him at this time, and too often, perception is close to reality.
It's going to be a long four years for INEC and the APC, whether or not the courts rule in their favour or not.
Na my good Obidients I just pity in all this. They don't deserve this Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Ofunaofu: 7:55am On May 01, 2023
angry
Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Printerscanner: 8:12am On May 01, 2023
This professor is drunk.

According to our professor. Buhari chosed a fellow Fulani as INEC Chairman to implement Fulani agenda, so the INEC Chairman would have supported a fellow Fulani called Atikulation Abubakar then, and not a Yoruba man.

The manual transmit results was used in Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu, and Ebonyi were the dumb 3rd Class Philosophy graduate was declared winner with about 90% margin, useless idiots did not complain about that.

Anyway, a professor of political science is as useless as a used sanitary pad. Developed nations are nations of scientists who can build their own cars, planes, atomic bombs, medicines, e.t.c. while nations with professors of politics, literature, music, Pastor’s and Imams remain undeveloped and backward. Can you see why Israel itself is a nation of scientists and not a nation of clergymen and philosophers?
Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Popesuccess(m): 8:20am On May 01, 2023
Jerryherd:
cool

He consistently promised to upload the result in due time only for him to fail on election day. The result of the national assembly was being uploaded but that of the president was not.
Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Printerscanner: 8:22am On May 01, 2023
Popesuccess:
He consistently promised to upload the result in due time only for him to fail on election day. The result of the national assembly was being uploaded but that of the president was not.

That’s POL 909: Political Abrakadabra. We promised you that we will teach you politics, now we have fulfilled our promise.
Re: 2023 Elections: You Messed Up, Prof Onigbinde Tells INEC Boss | Tribune Online by Popesuccess(m): 8:28am On May 01, 2023
Printerscanner:

That’s POL 909: Political Abrakadabra. We promised you that we will teach you politics, now we have fulfilled our promise.
I don't understand, is this kind of country you want your children to grow in? A country of political abracadabra, where politician do as they please and take the people for granted. Wow!

(1) (2)

Blame Marwa And Not Tinubu For Your Sudden Economic Woes / Was Reno A GEJ Mole All These Times ? / Vatican directs Middlebeltans To Arm Themselves,solicits For Weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.