Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,583 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React (56532 Views)

Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion / Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. / 2019: Atiku Gave Me Greatest Fight Over Due Process Unit – Dr. Ezekwesil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Gistpeeps: 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2019
Former Education Minister and The convener of the Bring Back Our Girls Movement, Oby Ezekwesili reacts as Seun Onigbinde, a critic of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress (APC) government who was recently appointed Technical Adviser at the Ministry of Budget and National Planning by the same government, has resigned the appointment.

The Co-founder of BudgIT joined the Buhari administration as the Technical Adviser at the Ministry of Budget and National Planning and confirmed the development through his Medium account.

His appointment by the same government he had criticized in the past four years generated controversies as the development did not go down well with some Nigerians.

https://all-gists..com/2019/09/oby-ezekwesil-banky-w-others-reacts-as-seun-onigbinde-resigns-his-appointment.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
I respect a man of honor who stands by his convictions

This man has put to Shame the narative that goes "if you can't beat them join them"

We need more people like this in Nigeria

Case in point : Oshiomole, Keyamo, et al

You either stand for something, or fall for everything in life

Cheers

Edited

For those who don't understand

They are trying to silence him with an appointment where he will get big salary and bonuses and do nothing till his focus shifts to protecting his wealth hence he becomes like them

Again case Keyamo , Oshiomole et Al

Life isn't a Hollywood movie where one man refuses to bow and suddenly the whole nation starts singing and dancing change and revolution. It's more complex than that
This man isn't a Mary Sue! What can one man do in a ministry where from the administration , to accounts , to operations, to management are all corrupt and caucuses of thieves who only care about looting ?

If the government was sincere and not just intent on silencing his criticisms they should have appointed him Minister then he can effect change...an adviser can do nothing but earn fat checks and bonuses

Be realistic he didn't he best thing

Cheers

213 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by festacman(m): 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
Emotion over logic. Social media mob outburst wins over Nigeria budgetary process reforms. The ultimate loser is Nigeria.

May God give us strong young men and women who will do the right thing for this country by moving full speed ahead with their ideas and damning the torpedo of criticisms.

Leaders are made of sterner stuff. Lesson to 'Not too Young to Run' candidates.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Gistpeeps: 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2019
When we say APC is an Islamic party, they'd say we are playing religious card.

But just like Islam, APC adherents see anyone who is not in APC as an infidel.

It happened when the Senate president appointed Saraki's former aid. It is happening again now.

In the past, specifically IBB and Obasanjo, your party affiliation didn't matter so long as you got substance that would benefit the nation.

But not so with APC and their bunch of terrorist foot soldiers, to hell with capacity, what they care about is that you are one of them.

If my opinion was sought, I'd have advised Onigbinde not to resign. The more people resign under their criticism, the more emboldened they'd be to continue in stupidity, crass irrationality and outright foolishness.

Fools!

30 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by helinues: 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2019
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by NOC1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2019
Why are people speaking as if they don't know what is politics, in an organised country he will not accept an appointment from a regime he criticised so much, Just look at critics of Trump, May, Puttin etc they boycott anything that will get them close to those the criticise, the only medium of relationship is via protest.

For him to have accepted the offer on the first place i see him as a hungry, attention seeking activist who is doing whatever he said he is doing for political and material gain. He is just an average Nigerian without honour.

I admire the politics of APC, they knew that he will not survive the heat and they played him to the oven, he is just lucky that there was no sack letter because that is the punchline ready to be served. APC have tacitly succeeded in keeping him shut because this will forever be used against him whenever he tries to voice.

My friend said what APC have are bunch fixers who use blackmail to achieve their goals.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2019
Buhari can give the position to someone from daura....

3 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by biggerboyc(m): 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
My reaction when I heard

6 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by ntyce(m): 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
I am disappointed..

Highly disappointed, I have known Seun since days in Unaab.
He's a straightforward nigga
doesn't take bullshit and highly honest.
He supported PMB in 2015 but was against him in the last election due to his poor performance.
Those who were against him were sycophants who failed to see PMB's woeful performance.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by unbitchable(m): 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
Man of honor and integrity. Kudos
I felt so sad because a voice would have been compromised but now I feel relieved.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Lamasta(m): 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2019
I have to say that You must be a Man/Woman with principle so that You will not be tossed to and fro
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by explosiveskull(m): 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

This man has put to Shane the narative that goes "if you can't beat them join them"

Cheers
Good... Said my mind

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Dandsome: 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2019
Lol
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Duggedised12(f): 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2019
The position he was given was a "come and chop" position,his so called "best mind" will rot away there. Except he can stop budget padding. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by realstars: 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
grin[sup][/sup]
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by san316(m): 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
Dunno what to say. But he made people's opinion to influence his decision. If not, he wouldn't have accepted the offer in the first place before resigning. Coward

9 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by BlessedNuel: 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ok
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Dathypebruv(m): 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
Buh................. Everybody must be fight anti-Kwaruption like PMB naaa,just saying cheesy cool

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by boxypane(m): 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
You criticized a system, now they employed to help them make it better, you resigned. Who is deceiving who?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by jagabanlewis(m): 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
Hunger nr dy do am dts y
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by lizdammy: 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
OK Nice
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Toscarele: 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
Thats what a man of integrity does in a sane society, you must not gree die on an appointment
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Destined2lead: 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
angry

It baffles me how people can't see that they young man was secretly threatened.

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by meccuno: 2:42pm On Sep 16, 2019
The guy did good. In this life there are times when you just have to move with your convictions and whats best for you. people would always talk as usual. but when problems come no one would come to your rescue.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Minjim: 2:42pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

This man has put to Shane the narative that goes "if you can't beat them join them"

Cheers

Is conviction is to do what exactly, not help Nigeria?
He has been distracted by the market noises and turned himself to the wailers lickspittle

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by oz4real83(m): 2:42pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ezekwesili that still went ahead to participate at the World Economic Forum in South Africa despite the withdrawal of many people due to the killing of blacks and destruction of properties by South Africans, is also saying Kudos embarassed Our politicians only see something or political appointment wrong when they are not direct beneficiaries. If PMB should appoint her into any ministry tomorrow, Ezekwesili will gladly accept it. She will see it as an "opportunity to serve her fatherland and help the masses"

17 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4-Million-Man March In Lagos: Obidients Are Ready (Photos) / 10 More Boko Haram Terrorists Surrender / Aisha Buhari, Dolapo Osinbajo, Toyin Saraki At Presidential Dinner In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.