Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Workers' Day:share Your Hustling Experiences And Your Present Job. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Workers' Day:share Your Hustling Experiences And Your Present Job. (9638 Views)

Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences / Ibadan Bolt/taxify Driver’s, Share Experiences And Advice. / 7 Side Hustling You Can Do As A Salary Earner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Workers' Day:share Your Hustling Experiences And Your Present Job. by Rubyjade: 9:08pm On May 02, 2023
Idrisk19:

I'm not paying house rent, I'm living in my daddy apartment, though as Alfa under my daddy, if will to occasions like naming or wedding ceremony they will give us money with others,I used my share to buy little foodstuffs before I receive my salary.
Doh
Re: Workers' Day:share Your Hustling Experiences And Your Present Job. by Sassyboy37(m): 1:42pm On May 03, 2023
lavylilly:
What's your location, qualifications and experience?
Abule egba lagos
B.Ed in economics
Only got 3yrs driving skills.

1 Like

Re: Workers' Day:share Your Hustling Experiences And Your Present Job. by lavylilly: 8:10am On May 04, 2023
adeoyekay:
unable to join and what is the group for
Remove the brackets ()
Re: Workers' Day:share Your Hustling Experiences And Your Present Job. by lavylilly: 8:11am On May 04, 2023
AbuAeesha:

Link not accessible
it's is remove the brackets
Re: Workers' Day:share Your Hustling Experiences And Your Present Job. by Goodlady(f): 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2023
Idrisk19:

I'm not paying house rent, I'm living in my daddy apartment, though as Alfa under my daddy, if will to occasions like naming or wedding ceremony they will give us money with others,I used my share to buy little foodstuffs before I receive my salary.
As pathetic as your life is, you v the guts to support Alimi's carnage in Ilorin of the past. That same Allah you believed in ll deal with you n the soul of Alimi.
Imagine you marrying without getting a good paying job but you relied on miracle from Allah?
Na magic?
Before you type gibberish, be ready to chop ban and receive sense in Ilorin!

1 Like

Re: Workers' Day:share Your Hustling Experiences And Your Present Job. by Babafrayol23: 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2023
Axis313:
Good morning fellow hustlers,today being workers day,I just want us to recount our past hustling experiences especially just after our O Level education.

Let me start with my own,immediately after my SSCE,I work as a factory worker manufacturing nylon bags,the pay was 1500 naira,I work for like 2 years before gaining admission,after my OND,no place to do my Industrial Training,I have to opt for another factory work for a year,saving the money to buy form for my HND programme.

Throughout my HND,I have to work part time in a pool betting company own by a Lebanese to sponsor myself through polytechnic.

After NYSC,no job,I have to continue with the Lebanese pool betting job,even though it is little,I have to augment it with a bricklayer labour job meet up with my bill.

At a time I have to join it all with car wash job,but now after saving enough with little help from family,I start my own little business last year and I am doing relative well with room for expansion because I don't believe in a single stream of income,it must be diversified.

So please let us know your hustling experiences.
I started hustling after 3 months I commenced my programme at the University. I got my first job in 2020_ Gnld /new life ,I stopped after I discovered their mission doesn't allign with mine. 2021 petrol attendant, then I proceed to osun state after I lose scholarship award 4.47 with 0.2 to the winner 4.49. In 2022, tiles labour, brick layer labour, factory worker at fortunate, motor boy of bread distributor, labour at construction company to pay my 3rd year school fees. In 2023, washman at carwash. I hope to graduate by next year inshallah!.

2 Likes

Re: Workers' Day:share Your Hustling Experiences And Your Present Job. by lavylilly: 7:50am On Jun 09, 2023
Babafrayol23:

I started hustling after 3 months I commenced my programme at the University. I got my first job in 2020_ Gnld /new life ,I stopped after I discovered their mission doesn't allign with mine. 2021 petrol attendant, then I proceed to osun state after I lose scholarship award 4.47 with 0.2 to the winner 4.49. In 2022, tiles labour, brick layer labour, factory worker at fortunate, motor boy of bread distributor, labour at construction company to pay my 3rd year school fees. In 2023, washman at carwash. I hope to graduate by next year inshallah!.
10 REALITIES FOR THE EVERYDAY PROFESSIONAL.

Lately I haven't had the chance to share as much as I should because of increased workload but I remember sharing this with Unicorn HR Circle and many of the members resonated with it.

Because of that, I decided to share here in hope that you will gain value too. This realities are based on my recent interactions with professionals seeking career advice, hence the compilation.

📌 Not every professional will work with multinational companies, the earlier you know this, the better.

📌No 2 companies will pay the same remuneration for the same role. They both don't have the same ROI

📌You are responsible for your career progression, not your office, mentor, or sponsor.

📌There is no job guarantee anywhere. Make sure you are valuable enough to be missed but also valuable to be useful somewhere else

📌AI won't take your role if you have mastered the art of what AI does in your role. Keep learning.

📌You may not like it but understand "office politicking" and use emotional intelligence to your advantage

📌Your exit strategy is almost as important as your entry strategy. Plan from the beginning.

📌Your job role will not always be your passion. But from your job role, you can find your passion. Don't restrict yourself to only what you know. Explore more.

📌Of all your values, integrity should be a top priority as a professional in any workplace. Stand for something and let people hold you to it. It will take you places.

📌You have the power to control how the workplace works for you. Work with what you have while building for what you want. Walk and work with confidence, but also be ready to move on to the next phase.

📌BONUS POINT: You might do the right things all the time and still find out that you are not growing/progressing. Sometimes, it is not anything that you are doing but life doing its own thing. You are NOT permitted to give up. Consistency and preparation will work for you in time for opportunity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If You Could Try Out Any Job For One Week, What Job Would You Choose To Try? / Torn Between A Msc And A MBA / Job Application Letter ★

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.