Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics (27085 Views)

Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate To Rise To 41% In 2023- KPMG / Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics / 16m Nigerians Unemployed In Q3 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by juman(m): 1:32pm On May 01, 2023
CBR100:

nothing Lyk dat will happen ......it Will just be normal yearly budget reading with few projects and few policy just luk bihari
to fund our annual exorbitant budget ....either you raise fund from borrwing/or remove subsidy
Buhari chose borrowing (we abuse him to be clueless)
let see how tinubu will fund his own budget
overtax Nigeria / remove subsidy /kontinue borrowing
any which one he chooses Nigerians will abuse hell out of him

Truly building a country is always need very determined minds.
Difficult decisions need to be taken.
Subsidy should go.
Borrowing more than five hundred billion dollars to build the needed infrastructure is okay.
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by franchasofficia: 1:34pm On May 01, 2023
CBR100:

dat is it, so don't believe all those useless start .......an average Nigeria is employed (underemployed)......we just need strong Labour to revolutionize our private sector

imagine banks raking billions still using contract staff.......
there shud be salary standard for private school teachers ......if your school cannot cope shut it down

most of the jobs in advance countries at unskilled works .....Buh because of good pay ppl at rushing it caregiver, security, gardener, laundryman, car wash etc
Its wrong bro.

I own a business or what we may call a small company, so I am an employer of labor and can speak authoritatively on this topic.

Many employers wish to pay their staff higher but Nigeria's unstable and risky business environment will never permit you.

The Nigerian government aren't helping small company and small business owners at all. They come up with all forms of extortion they call tax which they collect and loot for their personal luxury.

No stable electricity to power businesses so its very difficult for any small business or company to function, pay staff well while operating with generator.

Then you come to buying power of Nigerians, Nigerians are mostly struggling financially and can barely afford basic things of life, so business owners charge low compared to global standard, and this makes their monthly revenue small that it cannot afford to pay all of its staff good salary and last for 10 years minimum.

What about inflation?

You come to security, business and company owners spend fortune to secure their business from thefts, all these add to the extra cost of running a business or company in Nigeria and then you factor in low patronage due to high unemployment, underemployment and poverty in Nigeria, you can then see why business and company owners are scared to pay staffs high
cry

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by Raph82(m): 1:35pm On May 01, 2023
Pakistan - 6.5% unemployment rate?
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by miniziter(m): 1:36pm On May 01, 2023
Vacancy!!!
Role: POS Attendant/Secretary
Salary: 60,000
Locations: Okada town or Benin city
Requirements: SSCE and above, NIN, 2 Guarantors

Interested candidates should send their CV to tbestdigitalconcept@gmail.com
Or
Call 08072122349
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by femicyrus(m): 1:36pm On May 01, 2023
sleek214:

How many people did the fraud Obi removed from poverty when he was Anambra State governor? Among the four leading candidates in the just concluded election, Obi was the least qualified.. in a sane society, Obi won't get up to 5% votes. He had nothing to offer as a governor, he wouldn't have offered anything as a president. Unemployment rate is high because many Nigerians don't think, they are as shallow in their reasoning, just like you.
Awolowo as the governor of the western region industrialise the region massively as never seen before and after.

Jobs were supplus to the extent that companies were at the gates of higher institutions to harvest fresh graduates!

Other government came and strangulate life out of the industries while the few who survived were sold.
Since then, government upon government have been insulting the sensibility of the youths just like you concluded your post. Some will say graduates should go back to the farm!

The most useless government have seen was giving trader moni of 5k to graduate whose parent spend millions to educate .
Thank God Nigeria missed another scammer like obi and I pray we'll never have you or anyone like you in government who will insult our strength, hardwork and sacrifices for being Nigerians under unfortunate governments.

I am optimistic that Tinubu will perform
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by Lisong(m): 1:36pm On May 01, 2023
sleek214:

How many people did the fraud Obi removed from poverty when he was Anambra State governor? Among the four leading candidates in the just concluded election, Obi was the least qualified.. in a sane society, Obi won't get up to 5% votes. He had nothing to offer as a governor, he wouldn't have offered anything as a president. Unemployment rate is high because many Nigerians don't think, they are as shallow in their reasoning, just like you.

How old are you please? From your comment it appears youre a kid still feeding from your mother's pot. I prefer to engage real adults in conversation. I think Seun should make everyone in nairaland upload their birth certificate before joining the forum, or better still create children's department to ward off these infants from serious threads.
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by abbey621(m): 1:37pm On May 01, 2023
clockwisereport:
The graduates should create jobs for themselves and for other people

That only happens when government enables an attractive business and innovation environment. Graduate wey dey struggle to eat won't have money for electricity and other tools necessary to prosper as an entrepreneur. So many talents in Nigeria but obstacles are gigantic, this is why we have jaapa syndrome. A nonentity in Nigeria ends up being celebrated abroad!
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by Dsimplicity(m): 1:38pm On May 01, 2023
Its you and you generation that don not think. Fool
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by Antiurchins: 1:39pm On May 01, 2023
CBR100:

lol.....dat means it will take a while if not century for us to have a good governance

SS is already taking over political relevance away from the SE

That's good they are our brothers, atleast You felt good governance during GEJ administration
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by CBR100: 1:39pm On May 01, 2023
juman:

Truly building a country is always need very determined minds.
Difficult decisions need to be taken.
Subsidy should go.
Borrowing more than five hundred billion dollars to build the needed infrastructure is okay.

anybody dat really want to move Nigeria forward will not have second term ambition.....(you can't combine the 2 togeda u either chose 1 and most of our leaders have chose the latter )

tax Nigeria well well, remove subsidy and let average Nigerians be buying fuel #800 also borrow some non interest Loan tied to infrastructure (sukuk)

with #800 petroleum fuel per liter ......state government should buy big buses to cushion transport fare for the masses ......so make the rich cough out money for fuel

will dat we can use the money to build the much needed infrastructure....(hoping dat corruption will be better tame )

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by teebaxy(m): 1:40pm On May 01, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
There was a good friend of mine back in uniben. The guy was very smart in our set
We used to envy this guy lowkey
He was always top in class, Very smart guy
After graduation i never heard of him
We even thought he went abroad

Couple years passed. On the day my parents celebrated silver jubillee it was towards the end of the event in church reception hall after refreshment that i saw a guy with tear tear cloth packing left over rice to eat
Lo behold it was that guy
I just froze as i watch him in pity
I wanted to call his name but tears just roll from my eyes. I was shocked i couldnt move i just sat there watching as he was searching for food to eat from the leftovers

Someone we used to envy back in uni
Very bright and intelligent guy
Till this day i wonder what happened to that guy.
People arw passing theu hell in nigeria
You started with the phrase avery good friend of yours but you ended up sounding like an enemy , mocking his predicament… I pray he gets back to his feet and meets Gods favour someday … to Shame you and your useless and helpless tears
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by Godplan123(m): 1:40pm On May 01, 2023
This is why we really need Unity Within each other to concur this unemployment rate,igbo hausa and Yoruba has rule to play within each other so Nigeria can move forward inshallah 🙏 amen
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by CBR100: 1:42pm On May 01, 2023
Antiurchins:

That's good they are our brothers, atleast You felt good governance during GEJ administration

which useless good governance a very useless man .......dat can't build common bridge for his SE nighbour neither was he able to build provide drinkable water for his ppl

tell the infrastructure GEJ build in SS and SE not to talk of SW clueless man .......
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by korede181: 1:43pm On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
90% of this 33% voted for an idiot in the last election.
you're a pained fool. how can you make an estimate you have no data about.. 90% after the election was almost 50-50 into 3places...
you dont even have conscience
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by CBR100: 1:44pm On May 01, 2023
teebaxy:
You started with the phrase avery good friend of yours but you ended up sounding like an enemy , mocking his predicament… I pray he gets back to his feet and meets Gods favour someday … to Shame you and your useless and helpless tears

what makes you think the cock and bull story is true ......even an artisan illiterate will not do wat that guy mention up there ........a lot of ppl at unable to get a job of there choice no means say dey no get one hustle or the other bringing them money
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by femicyrus(m): 1:47pm On May 01, 2023
clockwisereport:
The graduates should create jobs for themselves and for other people
How many jobs have graduates created since they entered UK or any western countries with low unemployment rate? Yet they are employed.
Nigerian government is a failure.
The statistics has just shown you the truth

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by CBR100: 1:51pm On May 01, 2023
franchasofficia:
Its wrong bro.

I own a business or what we may call a small company, so I am an employer of labor and can speak authoritatively on this topic.

Many employers wish to pay their staff higher but Nigeria's unstable and risky business environment will never permit you.

The Nigerian government aren't helping small company and small business owners at all. They come up with all forms of extortion they call tax which they collect and loot for their personal luxury.

No stable electricity to power businesses so its very difficult for any small business or company to function, pay staff well while operating with generator.

Then you come to buying power of Nigerians, Nigerians are mostly struggling financially and can barely afford basic things of life, so business owners charge low compared to global standard, and this makes their monthly revenue small that it cannot afford to pay all of its staff good salary and last for 10 years minimum.

What about inflation?

You come to security, business and company owners spend fortune to secure their business from thefts, all these add to the extra cost of running a business or company in Nigeria and then you factor in low patronage due to high unemployment, underemployment and poverty in Nigeria, you can then see why business and company owners are scared to pay staffs high
cry

with all wat you mention (which is mostly true for SME business)

the point is business doesnt boom where ppl have low purchasing power ........dat is the butter truth

u can't compare a town dat pays #15,000 as low -to semi skilled job as salary .....to anoda town paying #35,000

a society need good purshasing power .......dat is why SME quickly collapse here in Nigeria ....nobody to patronize each kDa base on low income

let the SME dat can't cope collapse for other ones and let the society have good purshasing power......

thing ar expensive in port Harcourt ......Buh if you at ask to site your SME business in either port Harcourt or Ado-ekiti am sure u know wat you will pick
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:09pm On May 01, 2023
Oyindamolah:
It's 35% by NBS

We are hiring

Job title: Chartered Accountant

Job Responsibilities:
Oversee the duties of the accounting team.
Implement accounting systems and processes.
Reconcile income statements.
Prepare monthly financial reports.
Control the master data of the general register.
Review and release online banking payments.
Ensure compliance with state revenue service.
Provide ongoing accounting and reporting support.
Manage the full financial process.
Prepare an expense budget report.

Qualification: BSC in accounting
ICAN Certified

Experience: 2 years as an accountant
Salary: 150,000

Interested applicant should send CV to glenconsultingandrecruitment@gmail.com using job title as subject of the mail

Please read!

A job seeker sends a DM to complain that most of the job opening posts by Recruiters and Hiring Managers are "fake" on social media and that the recruiter has given the jobs to their friends and relations, that they are just posting jobs to get more followers on social media.

I want to believe that most people on social media also have the same mindset, not just only this job seeker that sent the DM.

My advice to him is 99.999% of job openings/vacancies on social media are genuine and open to qualified candidates who have their CVs well detailed.

Take note of this point if you're a job seeker:
1. Fellow recruiters and hiring managers
2. Always be online (early application gives you an advantage)
3. Have a professional CV, don't use one CV to apply for various job openings (Revamp your CV)
4. Optimize your social media profile
5. Post and engage posts by making positive comments

Note: If you have a good LinkedIn profile, recruiters will enter your profile to search for your email or phone number(s) on how to reach out to you for job opportunities that suit your profile.

As a job seeker or you wish to change your job, do you know that if your LinkedIn profile is professionally optimized, LinkedIn will send to your email daily job openings based on your profession and other job openings related to your profession?

Let's optimize your LinkedIn profile to enable you to benefit from LinkedIn's daily job openings.

Note: ensure you have a soft copy of your CV (Word & PDF) on your mobile phone, it is called Easy Apply (once you receive the job opening/vacancies email from LinkedIn, you will just attach your CV from your mobile phone and apply.

For your professional LinkedIn Profile Optimization, Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) Compliance CV Revamp/Restructure, and Cover Letter.
Kindly contact me by sending a DM for a little fee.
150k for chattered accountant…. LMAO…
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by plantist: 2:12pm On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
90% of this 33% voted for an idiot in the last election.

Modified.
By the way, the data is going up after May 29th when Buhari, osibanjo and hundreds of those eating without working in Aso rock join the league of the unemployed

And you and your stupid households voted for an he-goat with religious and tribal bigotry running through his veins.
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by HayB100(m): 2:15pm On May 01, 2023
sleek214:

God bless you, I love your reply, the idiot will know it's not just every time you have to open your mouth and spew out rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by juman(m): 2:21pm On May 01, 2023
CBR100:

anybody dat really want to move Nigeria forward will not have second term ambition.....(you can't combine the 2 togeda u either chose 1 and most of our leaders have chose the latter )
tax Nigeria well well, remove subsidy and let average Nigerians be buying fuel #800 also borrow some non interest Loan tied to infrastructure (sukuk)
with #800 petroleum fuel per liter ......state government should buy big buses to cushion transport fare for the masses ......so make the rich cough out money for fuel

will dat we can use the money to build the much needed infrastructure....(hoping dat corruption will be better tame )

Anti corrupt has to work by far better to build modern society.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by Xiaohei(m): 2:23pm On May 01, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
There was a good friend of mine back in uniben. The guy was very smart in our set

Couple years passed. On the day my parents celebrated silver jubillee it was towards the end of the event in church reception hall after refreshment that i saw a guy with tear tear cloth packing left over rice to eat
I wanted to call his name but tears just roll from my eyes. I was shocked i couldnt move i just sat there watching as he was searching for food to eat from the leftovers

And you didn’t ask him what happened him? Did you offer any help to him? If you did neither then your story is as useless as the ‘p’ In psychology!
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by nsivic2001: 2:26pm On May 01, 2023
There's so much unemployment in Nigeria... you don't need any statistics to tell you that..

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by Reference(m): 2:28pm On May 01, 2023
BigDawsNet:

That's the fact bro...

Let's hope the new gov makes everything better

After 8 years of denied promises you still consider hope a strategy for good governance.... sorry oh.
Meanwhile serious folks like civil servants and political office holders have shared all the revenue of government and then borrowed for their contractor friends and family....

Your use to them as a citizen is only to cheer, vote and fight tooth and nail for them.
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by caandi: 2:35pm On May 01, 2023
loswhite:
The stats are telling lies...There is security and stable electricity in Nigeria...lol open ur eyes you will see it. Don't mind them
bro you forgot to mention good roads, clean water, best education etc
Don’t mind that man, just cos he has tins going well for him, he turns a blind eyes to his surroundings mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by Annahh(f): 2:46pm On May 01, 2023
SultanOfAbia:

Powers from his foundation didn't allow him rise. You can be the most intelligent yet the powers that be won't let you rise.
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by DennisEche(m): 2:47pm On May 01, 2023
God created the black race specially
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by rummmy: 2:49pm On May 01, 2023
Nigeria unemployment rate is far above 40% ..you can do a random yourself..
For every single advert for a position,more than 500 candidates will apply even when the salary is well stated..I'm a HR person and I know what I'm saying.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by Owutuotuo(m): 2:54pm On May 01, 2023
sleek214:

Unfounded argument. He is least qualified, yet he owned a large scale enterprise, is a former chairman of a bank, an alumnus of Lagos Business School I can wager you haven’t smelt of, once a public servant with at 8 years of service. Please remind me of what the Nigerian Constitution says should be the least qualification for the OPFRN.
P.S. Before you fight back with abuses, I’m not even a fan of Peter Obi. Also please present the qualification of the other 17 candidates, or the other two top-flight contenders.
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by Edusouls(m): 3:11pm On May 01, 2023
Others are were planning and developing their nation, while we were so busy embezzling money and stacking them at oversea banks, the small employement wey Dey ground na churches all over, were people are extorted in the name of God, there are reasons why the black man is called a monkey
Re: Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics by Edusouls(m): 3:14pm On May 01, 2023
rummmy:
Nigeria unemployment rate is far above 40% ..you can do a random yourself..
For every single advert for a position,more than 500 candidates will apply even when the salary is well stated..I'm a HR person and I know what I'm saying.
500 or 5000? Unemployment rate in Nigeria pass 55% , others were planning and developing, we were busy looting money and going to church, the Blackman is a complete disaster

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funny Things That Can Happen In A Job Interview (see Photos) / Npc Ad-hoc Staff Recruitment 2023 Application Trend / Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.