Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom (5204 Views)

Pictures Of The Peugeot Plant President Buhari Will Commission In Kaduna Today / President Buhari will Commission Brand New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line tomorrow!!! / See The Fleet Of Intelligent Buses That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by aniekaneka: 4:38pm On May 01, 2023
OBASANJO ARRIVES AKWA IBOM TUESDAY, INAUGURATES 23.4km DUAL ROAD

All is finally set for the Commissioning of the 23.4km Eket Etinan Road, which was constructed by Governor Udom Emmanuel.

The inauguration of the road is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, 2nd May 2023, and will be graced by the former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, as the special guest of honor.

A trip to the Eket Etinan dual carriageway shows that preparation for the commissioning of the road is in top gear as things are already in place to ensure a successful inauguration ceremony on Tuesday 2 May.

The special assistant to the Governor on research and documentation Mr Essien Ndueso who led a team of journalists on a visit to the new road, said everything is in place for the commissioning of the Eket - Etinan dual carriageway constructed by Governor Udom Emmanuel’s administration and handled by Chinese firm, CCECC.

He said the new road is the fulfillment of Governor Emmanuel’s promise to ensure a dual carriageway from the state capital to the Atlantic Ocean, adding that the new road is a continuation of the 20km Uyo- Etinan Road that is almost ready for inauguration.

Mr Ndueso said before the construction of the Eket - Etinan Road motorists were previously compelled to pass through a long and arduous route before reaching Uyo. Many had to go through Ikot Ubo in Nsit Ubium, down to Ibesikpo Asutan LGA, or even pass through interior villages in Nsit Ubium and Nsit Ibom before reaching their destination.

On his part the construction project manager Engr Samuel Ukata said the road was executed to specifications to stand a test of time.

The Eket - Etinan Highway traversing Eket, Nsit Ubium, Nsit Ibom, and Etinan, which will be commissioned tomorrow by Former Nigerian president Chief Olusegun Obasanjo is designed with road furniture like side drainage, pedestrian walkway, traffic markings with pavement and center lines as well as concrete stones walls for enhance movements.

Meanwhile Commuters plying the Eket/Etinan dual carriageway are filled with joy seeing the state government complete the road in preparation for commissioning, Tuesday 2nd May.

Some of them expressed delight on the new road , saying it will enhance their movement , describing it as smoth and sweet to drive on.

A driver, Mr Bassey Ime said before the construction of the dual carriageway, movement from Eket to Uyo used to be difficult as they take pains to navigate village roads in Nsit Ubium and such trip last for an hour but with the newly constructed road now their trip to Uyo from Eket has shortened to just 30mins.

Former President Obasanjo had earlier commissioned the longest flyover bridge in the South South, a one kilometer flyover bridge in Uyo and also inaugurated the longest stretch of dual carriage way executed by any administration in the State, the 29km Etinan - Ndon Eyo road.

“I don’t why Governor Udom Emmanuel loves me so much that he always invites me to inaugurate his best projects. I recall that I was here to inaugurate the longest flyover in the south south and now I am inaugurating the longest dual carriage road with two cable bridges”, said Obasanjo while commissioning of the Etinan - Ndon Eyo Road last year.

See more >> https://wetinhappen.ng/obasanjo-arrives-akwa-ibom-tuesday-inaugurates-23-4km-dual-road/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by Xscape1993(m): 4:39pm On May 01, 2023
Congratulations to the people of the state!!! The governor is doing well....

7 Likes

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by aniekaneka: 4:39pm On May 01, 2023
More photos

6 Likes

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by Xscape1993(m): 4:40pm On May 01, 2023
Congratulations to the people of the state. The governor has done well....

7 Likes

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by Ciromaminna: 4:40pm On May 01, 2023
Fascinating. Southern States are beating their piece silently

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by smokinloud(m): 4:52pm On May 01, 2023
God bless Nigeria!.

4 Likes

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by sonature1: 5:25pm On May 01, 2023
In terms of infrastructure, the best governors in Nigeria are (in no particular order):

Udom Emmanuel
Dave Umahi
Babajide Sanwo-Olu
Prof Babagana Zulum
Nyesom Wike

Others need to take classes on infrastructure from those five.

Worthy mention: Nasir El-Rufai but didn't make my list because he cannot compete with the 5.

4 Likes

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by youngsahito(m): 6:16pm On May 01, 2023
sonature1:
In terms of infrastructure, the best governors in Nigeria are (in no particular order):

Udom Emmanuel
Dave Umahi
Babajide Sanwo-Olu
Prof Babagana Zulum
Nyesom Wike

Worthy mention: Nasir El-Rufai but didn't make my list because he cannot compete with the 5.
remove Sanwo Olu from that list. Tell me the roads that he has constructed in Lagos State?
Ambode first term in office is far better that that Tinubu pikin.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by youngsahito(m): 6:17pm On May 01, 2023
How many road did Obj himself construct during his regime?
Baba wey like letter pass anything.

1 Like

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by Jostoman: 6:29pm On May 01, 2023
Weldone Mr Udom and God bless baba Obasanjo.

2 Likes

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by ruggedtimi(m): 6:35pm On May 01, 2023
Akwa ibom with internal roads, good one...meanwhile bayelsa state governors never tire to commission skill acquisition centre

2 Likes

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by danielistics(m): 6:40pm On May 01, 2023
I fit bet my last kobo say that road never ready for use , they just want commission am before them comot office so e go be say na their tenure construct the road.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by Printerscanner: 6:43pm On May 01, 2023
youngsahito:
remove Sanwo Olu from that list. Tell me the roads that he has constructed in Lagos State?
Ambode first term in office is far better that that Tinubu pikin.

If only you stay in your cursed state, then you won't worry about Lagos. Let Yoruba worry about Yoruba land.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by Printerscanner: 6:44pm On May 01, 2023
youngsahito:
How many road did Obj himself construct during his regime?
Baba wey like letter pass anything.

The useless old man did practically nothing
Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by RuddyFusion(m): 6:47pm On May 01, 2023
sonature1:

Udom Emmanuel
Dave Umahi
Babajide Sanwo-Olu
Prof Babagana Zulum
Nyesom Wike

Where is Kano state governor?

2 Likes

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by sonature1: 6:50pm On May 01, 2023
RuddyFusion:

There's nothing Ganduje did that those who made the list (especially those have competed their two tenures) didn't do in multiple folds.
Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by youngsahito(m): 6:52pm On May 01, 2023
Printerscanner:

If only you stay in your cursed state, then you won't worry about Lagos. Let Yoruba worry about Yoruba land.
I'm a Yoruba guy and stop this stup*d hatred cos Sanwo Olu didn't perform anything.

2 Likes

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 01, 2023
Nah the Uyo under pass I am looking forward to
Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by jackie111(m): 7:29pm On May 01, 2023
The pictures are not showing that beautiful bridge on that Etinan Road. Soon people will see the beauty while watching Nigerian movies. Dakkada to the world✌

1 Like

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by GeneralPula: 7:31pm On May 01, 2023
RuddyFusion:

Let him be playing..

Remove Sanwo Olu, Wike, no other Governor comes close to Ganduje..

Dude really tried! If not for that dollar video saga!

1 Like

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by Rexymania(m): 7:54pm On May 01, 2023
Some Nigerian politician have woken up since Jonathan was kicked out but this stupid APC
Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by DonEd(m): 8:02pm On May 01, 2023
Printerscanner:

For once, write intelligently and argue constructively.

We are no longer in the dark ages

4 Likes

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by akwesenana: 9:25pm On May 01, 2023
Omo, no be road we go chop. We need work in Akwa Ibom.
Nsuto mkpo? angry
Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by nazicartel(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2023
Beautiful roads. But I want to ask ehh. Is it compulsory to be doing all these funfairs after construction?

1 Like

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by kenny714433(m): 11:03pm On May 01, 2023
wink

Spectacular view.
Still in this month, the governor will commission Airport MRO and terminal.
The worship centre also. With that, Udom will sign out so we can have breath of fresh air in Akwa Ibom state.

I pray Umoh Eno outperforms him

4 Likes

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by nesphil(m): 1:25am On May 02, 2023
Poor you grin
Save ur breath cos this road is completed from point 001 at Etinan roundabout to the end in Eket roundabout.

danielistics:
I fit bet my last kobo say that road never ready for use , they just want commission am before them comot office so e go be say na their tenure construct the road.

1 Like

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by nesphil(m): 1:27am On May 02, 2023
Well done my working Governor.
You're not a noise maker.

This ring road 2 was also commissioned about two weeks ago by this performing Governor.

aniekaneka:
More photos

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by dododawa1: 1:30am On May 02, 2023
OBASANJO is from South South

1 Like

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by Chinjo2: 3:26am On May 02, 2023
Ayade show us your scorecard as governor for 8 years.

4 Likes

Re: See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom by 3pointsagree: 4:35am On May 02, 2023
Ibom rules

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arabic Inscriptions On Naira / Shekau Has Finished His Business / Breaking News:Fayose Fights Ecobank Dirty,Ecobank Leaves Ekiti For Now..photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.