Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions (780 Views)

Where Does The Word "Bible" Come From? / If U Think There Is Flaws In The Bible,come And Discuss It / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:24pm On May 03, 2023
Templee333:

Why do believers make images and drawings of jesus even when their bible clearly tells them not to make a representation of anything existing in heaven or earth? Interestingly,jesus didn't take pictures of himself or instructed his followers to do so,yet believers go on to make drawings and images of their god in books and stones. To be strict, believers shouldn't have photographs of themselves because its against their god's command. Could it be that they don't believe that their god is serious on this matter?

You're interpreting what you don't understand! smiley

Images were common in ancient times so God never told Israelites not to make images for the purpose of remembrance, what other nations do with the images is disgusting: bowing and worshiping it.

That's what God condemns! smiley

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by Templee333(m): 12:56pm On May 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

At least i have answers! grin
your answers are just your own way of strengthening your excuses for not obeying your bible. It's just like adam in your genesis saying that the woman lured him to eat the forbidden fruits.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by Templee333(m): 12:58pm On May 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You're interpreting what you don't understand! smiley

Images were common in ancient times so God never told Israelites not to make images for the purpose of remembrance, what other nations do with the images is disgusting: bowing and worshiping it.

That's what God condemns! smiley
You care to site an example of where jesus made images of himself and disciples?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by Templee333(m): 1:11pm On May 03, 2023
9. Why do christians take drugs? The bible says that sickness is caused by sins and healing is by faith and repentance. Drug is condemn as work of the flesh and those taking it won't inherit the kingdom of god. But why do christian disbelief their bible? Could it be that they don't believe that god can heal them?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by Templee333(m): 1:36pm On May 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus never said we shouldn't take cases to the court of law. That's why he told his disciples to make sure they settle their disparities among themselves but when the wrongdoer feel he's too big for the church to reprove then we will treat him like any other person which means we should take his case to those who uses force and weapons to handle matters! Matthew 18:15-17 smiley
Matthew 5:25,40; 1Cor 6:1-7.
Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:18pm On May 03, 2023
Templee333:
your answers are just your own way of strengthening your excuses for not obeying your bible. It's just like adam in your genesis saying that the woman lured him to eat the forbidden fruits.
That's where you failed woefully because Adam's rebellion led to confusion and his son's started killing but in this case God has informed us that during the endtime there will be confusion regarding His word {Daniel 12:10} so those getting it right will make use of His inspired word to speak in harmony {Zephaniah 3:9} and settle their disparities with love no more using weapons to resolve issues {Isaiah 2:2-4} God's Son (Jesus Christ) said by this fruit we will know those getting things right! Matthew 7:16-18

So you missed it my guy! smiley
Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:20pm On May 03, 2023
Templee333:
You care to site an example of where jesus made images of himself and disciples?
Ọmọ Jesus was a carpenter not a sculptor nah! cheesy
Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:22pm On May 03, 2023
Templee333:
9. Why do christians take drugs? The bible says that sickness is caused by sins and healing is by faith and repentance. Drug is condemn as work of the flesh and those taking it won't inherit the kingdom of god. But why do christian disbelief their bible? Could it be that they don't believe that god can heal them?

Can you quote the highlighted in God's word?

Because Timothy was an elder in the first century Christian congregation yet his stomach ulcer wasn't cured miraculously! 1Timothy 5:23 smiley
Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:22pm On May 03, 2023
Templee333:

Matthew 5:25,40; 1Cor 6:1-7.
Just paraphrase what is there! wink
Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by Templee333(m): 5:30pm On May 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Because Timothy was an elder in the first century Christian congregation yet his stomach ulcer wasn't cured miraculously! 1Timothy 5:23 smiley
have you checked the footnote of your NWT bible in 1Cor.6:9: Gal.5:19,20; Rev.21:8? You will do well to do an indepth research on the origin of the word "pharmacy". I still don't know why your bible translators replace "drugs" with magic or spiritism in your bible.
Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by Templee333(m): 5:38pm On May 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

James 5:14 "is there anyone sick among you..." i'm sure you know what your bible instruct you to do except you want to dodge it
Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:36pm On May 03, 2023
Templee333:
have you checked the footnote of your NWT bible in 1Cor.6:9: Gal.5:19,20; Rev.21:8? You will do well to do an indepth research on the origin of the word "pharmacy". I still don't know why your bible translators replace "drugs" with magic or spiritism in your bible.
When choosing appropriate English word for each of the texts our people considered many other Bible verses related to the quoted verse that's why our version is unique.

Miracles never goes beyond the boundaries of Israel that's why you can't find a single prophet outside the descendants of Abraham.
So after the Messiah (Christ) has come the only reason why miracles continued for a short period (among the Christians) to alert all faithful Jews that God's promise to Abraham has been completed {Act 2:39} with the coming of the Christ therefore whoever fail to believe in the Christ has been cut off from God's plan! Deuteronomy 18:18-19

After Christianity has been fully established all miracles and signs ceased {1Corinthians 13:8-10} anyone who wants to ascertain that the God of Abraham is still at work among His worshipers will have to rely on the promise that will be observed globally which is LOVE, JOY and PEACE among the worshipers of Jehovah! John 13:34-35; 1Corinthians 13:13 compare to Isaiah 2:2-4
Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:41pm On May 03, 2023
Templee333:
James 5:14 "is there anyone sick among you..." i'm sure you know what your bible instruct you to do except you want to dodge it

Sickness to you means physical inability but in our spiritual language it means weakness in faith. For Instance when Jesus first began speaking the spiritual language his disciples were confused, he said "Lazarus our friend is sleeping" they thought it's not a big issue not until he spoke the general language everyone understands "Lazarus is dead" John 11:11-14

So my friend if we don't teach you what we meant in our book you will continue to argue with yourself expecting us to agree with you.

The sickness there is about weakness in faith due to hidden sin! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by SeniorMan715(m): 7:49pm On May 03, 2023
Make he read the verse down to 15 cheesy
MaxInDHouse:

Sickness to you means physical inability but in our spiritual language it means weakness in faith. For Instance when Jesus first began speaking the spiritual language his disciples were confused, he said "Lazarus our friend is sleeping" they thought it's not a big issue not until he spoke the general language everyone understands "Lazarus is dead" John 11:11-14

So my friend if we don't teach you what we meant in our book you will continue to argue with yourself expecting us to agree with you.

The sickness there is about weakness in faith due to hidden sin! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:06pm On May 03, 2023
SeniorMan715:
Make he read the verse down to 15 cheesy
If he does it will confuse him the more and he'll say the whole thing makes no sense to him.
I once explained Psalms 127 to an atheist who said the verses are incoherent starting with watching over a city or building a house to children then archer then gate! cheesy
Re: Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions by Templee333(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
Templee333:
Do you believe the bible? There are questions i want to ask believers. Please let any christian who is ready to answer sincerely indicate himself as i post the questions
Benfaco, this is your field

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delta Pastor Allegedly Sells His Church, Members To Another Cleric, Moves Abroad / Prince Of Wales / You Guys Should Follow Me To The Next Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.