Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run (20060 Views)

US: Mass Shooting At Lewiston, Maine. 22 Dead, 60 Injured, Shooter Still At Larg / Mass Shooting At Allen mall, Texas. 9 Dead, 7 Injured, Shooter Killed (Graphic) / Mass Shooting In Holland Leaves 1 Dead, Many Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by Snowx: 9:50pm On May 03, 2023
See Tech in making...the barga will not go Scot free
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by kay29000(m): 10:03pm On May 03, 2023
God1000:
Gun violence in US is alarming.

With an estimated total number of overall firearms in civilian possession at 433.9 million, there won't be peace in such country

Are you sire about this data? How many people dey the country
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by Iqtest: 10:04pm On May 03, 2023
bibiking7:

There's one almost every week. It's just ridiculous.

Every day you mean ?
Gun violence in the states are highly under reported.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by ekhai(m): 10:04pm On May 03, 2023
God1000:
Gun violence in US is alarming.

With an estimated total number of overall firearms in civilian possession at 433.9 million, there won't be peace in such country
YOU CAN'T BEAT USA FOR GUN VIOLENCE. SERBIAN BOY WANTED TO OUTSHINE USA TODAY. I TRUST USA TO CANCEL IT.
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by IjeBos(m): 10:05pm On May 03, 2023
Adjovi:
America will self destruct with this their wokeness

Tell me, what Wokeness caused this? What is Woke about people walking around with guns?
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by IjeBos(m): 10:06pm On May 03, 2023
kay29000:

Are you sire about this data? How many people dey the country

The stat is accurate. There are 125 guns per 100 people in the US.

4 Likes

Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by kay29000(m): 10:08pm On May 03, 2023
IjeBos:

The stat is accurate. There are 125 guns per 100 people in the US.

Wow! Na wa o
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by IjeBos(m): 10:13pm On May 03, 2023
Eriokanmi:
If not for the use of gun, America would have become worse than Nigeria. The person you are going to attack in his home also has a gun so, you exercise caution or think twice before going to attack him. The pockets of gun violence seen in america today is one of the disadvantages of legalising gun but believe me, the advantages far outweigh its disadvantages. You can imagine gun being legalised in Nigeria. You wouldn't have heard of bandits anymore because the community they are going to attack is also fully prepared. By the time they lose members 2ice, the would think twice on their 3rd attempt

When assault rifles were banned, gun deaths went down. We don't even have to guess, just compare the US to any other "developed' country that doesn't have readily available/legal guns. And add that in with States passing "Stand your Ground" Laws, it's more of a disaster in the making.

Nigeria with legalized guns? You're are not serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by RulerIAm(m): 10:13pm On May 03, 2023
d hospital workers probably don de mess up like hospital workers for 9ja.
I hate how Dem public health workers for Nigerian govt hospitals de feel like God. But then it's not enough to start shooting pple.
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by IjeBos(m): 10:18pm On May 03, 2023
kay29000:

Wow! Na wa o

It's depressing. Esp. the fact that little children have to learn to hide and what what to do if a shooter comes to their school.
Thank Republicans and the NRA for that. In fact their next great idea is to arm school teachers. Yeah guns in the classroom, what could go wrong with that?

3 Likes

Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by felifeli: 10:19pm On May 03, 2023
Naija and gun violence. Armed robbers, ipob and police dey pursue person up and down for road and for house. Joe Biden must hear this. cheesy
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by Adjovi: 10:31pm On May 03, 2023
IjeBos:

Tell me, what Wokeness caused this? What is Woke about people walking around with guns?

Why should people be walking around with guns in the first place when you're not at war?
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by Adjovi: 10:36pm On May 03, 2023
cococandy:

Do you know it’s the “non-woke” crowd that clamors for freedom to own guns by everyone regardless of their criminal or mental status? Sometimes know the meaning of words before you use it.

Na oyinbo meaning be that. My own meaning and our Nigerian meaning is being alert/ advanced social freedom at the detriment of morality.... So if you like take my own meaning or not, that's your own problem o. All I know it's soon America will self implode
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by IjeBos(m): 10:39pm On May 03, 2023
Adjovi:

Why should people be walking around with guns in the first place when you're not at war?

I don't believe they should be. But that wasn't the point you made. You said it was because of wokeness. So, tell me what wokeness has to do with this?

This is a creation of Republicans, the NRA and the conservative Supreme Court which read the 2nd amendment in such a way that basically made it illegal to restrict gun ownership.
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by IjeBos(m): 10:42pm On May 03, 2023
Adjovi:

Na oyinbo meaning be that. My own meaning and our Nigerian meaning is being alert/ advanced social freedom at the detriment of morality.... So if you like take my own meaning or not, that's your own problem o. All I know it's soon America will self implode

"Woke" seems to encompass whatever you want it to. Even by your definition, some European countries are more "Woke" (socially liberal) than the US and those same countries have much much less gun violence. Try again.
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by gloryman91: 10:42pm On May 03, 2023
World most craziest Nation.
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by Eriokanmi: 10:47pm On May 03, 2023
IjeBos:

When assault rifles were banned, gun deaths went down. We don't even have to guess, just compare the US to any other "developed' country that doesn't have readily available/legal guns. And add that in with States passing "Stand your Ground" Laws, it's more of a disaster in the making.

Nigeria with legalized guns? You're are not serious.

Why am I not serious with guns being legalised here right? . Go and learn how countries where gun are legalised today started. We're not differently wired. I remember when someone said there would never be atm in Nigeria cos it would be taken away, that atm robbery and crime would increase. Today, its become a norm. Abi when last did you hear that atm were bulldozed away? You could say atm scenario is different. We'd get used to gun ownership too, with time. I was on my way to Switzerland one day from Holland. Right within the airport in Amsterdam, I watched a scene on the TV in which a brave man shot a terrorst inside a moving train. The man had already hurt a passenger before being disarmed. A similar scenario would have been averted along abuja-kaduna railway the other day, had gun been legalised in Nigeria. As a matrer of fact, those idiots called bandits wouldn't have neared that place , knowing their lives could be cut short.
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by IjeBos(m): 10:55pm On May 03, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Why am I not serious with guns being legalised here right? . Go and learn how countries where gun are legalised today started. We're not differently wired. I remember when someone said there would never be atm in Nigeria cos it would be taken away, that atm robbery and crime would increase. Today, its become a norm. Abi when last did you hear that atm were bulldozed away? You could say atm scenario is different. We'd get used to gun ownership too, with time. I was on my way to Switzerland one day from Holland. Right within the airport in Amsterdam, I watched a scene on the TV in which a brave man shot a terrorst inside a moving train. The man had already hurt a passenger before being disarmed. A similar scenario would have been averted along abuja-kaduna railway the other day, had gun been legalised in Nigeria. As a matrer of fact, those idiots called bandits wouldn't have neared that place , knowing their lives could be cut short.

The US has much less stressors and a functioning legal system compared to Nigeria and look what legalized guns have caused compared to other countries. Legalizing weapons would be a curse on Nigeria.

Edit: I'm going to revise this. Given how bad thing are in Nigeria as is, in the short term it may be a good thing for Nigeria. May allow the populace to be on more equal footing with the government and demand more accountability.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by joepepsy(m): 11:09pm On May 03, 2023
Every Swiss citizen angry Have a gun, make una dey lie small small na Swiss I dey.
seunny4lif:
That's not news anyone
Over 32K people are killed in USA by gun every year more than Syria, Iraq and Afghan.
An average of 90 USA citizens are shot, injured or killed every day by gun violence more than Honduras and Brazil.
More civilians were killed in USA last year alone than Ukraine vs Russia war.

Every Swiss citizen have at least 2 guns yet no single gun shot have been heard in the country for over 15 years.
They have gun and beer party, for enjoyment and entertainment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by cococandy(f): 11:16pm On May 03, 2023
Just admit you’re one of those who jumped on the bandwagon of using woke as a derogatory word and call it a day

Adjovi:

Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by seunny4lif(m): 11:24pm On May 03, 2023
joepepsy:
Every Swiss citizen angry Have a gun, make una dey lie small small na Swiss I dey.
Simple research would have saved you this embarrassment oooh
Yes, once you turn 18 years in Swiss, you are automatically allow to have a gun.
Gun is normal in Swiss, reason they are always neutral and German Nazi never invaded Swiss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by MasterTeeUSA: 11:25pm On May 03, 2023
Just another day in the USA...189 mass shootings this year alone...NOT shootings o...those are uncountable...189 MASS SHOOTINGS

HonNL:

@Atlanta Police Department

SOURCE

@Northside Hospital, Atlanta

SOURCE

Pics attached; Be on the LookOut - Shooter on the run - Police

Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by IjeBos(m): 11:49pm On May 03, 2023
seunny4lif:

Simple research would have saved you this embarrassment oooh
Yes, once you turn 18 years in Swiss, you are automatically allow to have a gun.
Gun is normal in Swiss, reason they are always neutral and German Nazi never invaded Swiss.

There is 1 gun for every 4 people in Switzerland. And that rate is decreasing. The US has 125 guns for every 100 people. And the Switzerland Gun Laws are way more restrictive/stricter than in the US.
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:33am On May 04, 2023
May the bad side America not happen to us ooo. I'm sure no one else will type this.

1 Like

Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by Smartguyboy(m): 12:45am On May 04, 2023
joepepsy:
His not lying because you won’t see it even if you are living there
https://fb.watch/kiGH5vk9fU/?mibextid=v7YzmG
They have festival where kids bring they guys to shoot.
Switzerland has a stunningly high rate of gun ownership, so why doesn't it have mass shootings?
Because it's not the guns, it's the culture.

[url] https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Switzerland-not-have-mass-shootings-with-its-high-rate-of-gun-ownership [/url]
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by deji17: 1:28am On May 04, 2023
United State of Shooting range... You get killed at any moment. Scary and dangerous place
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by blueAgent(m): 2:16am On May 04, 2023
seunny4lif:
That's not news anyone
Over 32K people are killed in USA by gun every year more than Syria, Iraq and Afghan.
An average of 90 USA citizens are shot, injured or killed every day by gun violence more than Honduras and Brazil.
More civilians were killed in USA last year alone than Ukraine vs Russia war.

Every Swiss citizen have at least 2 guns yet no single gun shot have been heard in the country for over 15 years.
They have gun and beer party, for enjoyment and entertainment

What is the demography of Switzerland?
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by blueAgent(m): 2:18am On May 04, 2023
Eriokanmi:

I agree with some of your points, but Nigerians are too uncivilised to manage mass gun ownership.

Having a gun does necessarily means been safer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by blueAgent(m): 2:21am On May 04, 2023
IjeBos:

It's depressing. Esp. the fact that little children have to learn to hide and what what to do if a shooter comes to their school.
Thank Republicans and the NRA for that. In fact their next great idea is to arm school teachers. Yeah guns in the classroom, what could go wrong with that?

You been deceived most mass shooting in US are false flags, the real gun violence is in black ghettos.
Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by blueAgent(m): 2:24am On May 04, 2023
jayAjoku:
Nothing new just a case of the Us Government using scare tactics to force the people to clamor for Gun control 😂😂 If you know you know

Hmm......

True, but this looks like something personal not those their arrangee false flags.

1 Like

Re: Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run by IjeBos(m): 2:36am On May 04, 2023
blueAgent:

You been deceived most mass shooting in US are false flags, the real gun violence is in black ghettos.

I think you should have a chat with Alex Jones and ask him about the 1.4. BILLION dollars he has to pay for lying about the Sandy Hook massacre (calling it a false flag).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops / North Korea Recognises Breakaway Of Russia's Proxies In East Ukraine / Shooting At Fields Mall, Copenhagen. Casualties Recorded, One Suspect Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.