Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime (25340 Views)

Fire Incident At Zenith Bank’s Primary Data Centre Is Causing A Network Downtime / Zenith Bank Commissions Christmas Lighting Decoration In Victoria Island - Pics / Zenith Bank Overtakes First Bank As The Largest Bank In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by nairalee(m): 8:07pm On May 03, 2023
Zenith Management will be very happy about this news. They now have an excuse for their poor services. SMH
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 03, 2023
flexyrule:
That's some critical asset...

Subscribing to Cloud solutions should reduce the number of physical infrastructure...

You want to show yourself. Do you know the calibre of IT team at Zenith? Do you know their business continuity and disaster recovery strategies?

3 Likes

Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by Adewale1603(m): 8:08pm On May 03, 2023
Only in Nigeria. Nigeria is so backwards.
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by Efewestern: 8:11pm On May 03, 2023
propsad3:
I don't really get it. I stand to be corrected. Is 21st century banking system not supposed to be 100% cloud based. What is Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS for nah

And Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS don't have data centers? Is that what they told you ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by tfash96(m): 8:11pm On May 03, 2023
Stupid bank..Why won't they get burnt?

2 Likes

Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by stormborn28(m): 8:12pm On May 03, 2023
Abimbolafavour:
No wonder , been trying to do some transfer and it wasn't going through

I experience same
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by Danniedpastor(m): 8:12pm On May 03, 2023
inoki247:
Wahala Bank wwy dere Service no good before still go dey catch fire ..

Say a Prayer for a Zenith bank Customer dey are in on a long ride...
Do you bank with them or you just want to be noticed?
Their network have been good for some months now

1 Like

Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by Watcharena: 8:13pm On May 03, 2023
Adewale1603:
Only in Nigeria. Nigeria is so backwards.
you said only in nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 03, 2023
Efewestern:

And Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS don't have data centers? Is that what they told you ?

Most of these people are at entry level when it comes core IT solutions.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by flexyrule(m): 8:16pm On May 03, 2023
babaolofin:

You want to show yourself. Do you know the calibre of IT team at Zenith? Do you know their business continuity and disaster recovery strategies?
Show myself?

Lol...

Are they building rockets in Zenith Bank Plc?

2 Likes

Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by yusfatedeeprof(m): 8:19pm On May 03, 2023
Zenith bank still using on-premise data center? What happened to using cloud solutions?
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by olaniyilukman(m): 8:23pm On May 03, 2023
Zenith bank network has really performed exceptionally well after this cashless policy but the downtime today started at exactly 7am and they were able to switch to disaster recoveryand everything start running smoothly as at 7pm
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by inoki247: 8:25pm On May 03, 2023
Danniedpastor:

Do you bank with them or you just want to be noticed?
Their network have been good for some months now

I have an account dere say I can remember during the cash swap dere bank stopped working.
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by yusfatedeeprof(m): 8:26pm On May 03, 2023
Efewestern:

But they surely are better designed for fault tolerance and disaster recovery.
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by kay29000(m): 8:32pm On May 03, 2023
No wonder I've been trying to send money to a Zenith account since morning and the person's name is not coming up on my app.
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by kay29000(m): 8:34pm On May 03, 2023
olatunjithomas:
No wonder I've been trying to send money to a zenith customer since morning but GTB app kept telling me the account number does not exist.
Account that I remit money to regularly.

Same situation I found myself in since morning...account that I send money to every month.
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by Owutuotuo(m): 8:36pm On May 03, 2023
damosade:
Your incident response plan should include third party company to ensures instant continuity of business and zero down time . Sensitive financial institution like zenith Bank should know better. What happened to cloud infrastructure? That is why fintech are taking over soon.

PSBs like Opay and Kuda are taking on increasing market share but cannot take over DMBs in the real sense. Their licenses are different. Their capital bases are incomparable. Liquidity requirements. Products and services port folio are less robust compared to DMBs. But for the payment services market, they’re increasingly enjoying market adoption.
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by SmartyPants(m): 8:38pm On May 03, 2023
And the terrible bank could not have the decency to send an email or text to its customers.

7 Likes

Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by Antimandatethie(m): 8:39pm On May 03, 2023
tunjiajayi:

Typical broke ass from the igbo land. Always looking for validation for failure, from not having sense to not being able to nack.

Dey there.

Yes You Gues right i am an igbo but am not a broke ass,
You just come and start hurling hurtful words on me without asking me what i meant, you should have ask me before saying all this.

4 Likes

Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by EUGENEINYANG(m): 8:39pm On May 03, 2023
Now maintenance few go be #1000 every month 😄😄😄
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by bukatyne(f): 8:41pm On May 03, 2023
flexyrule:
That's some critical asset...

Subscribing to Cloud solutions should reduce the number of physical infrastructure...

Banks run away from subscribing to cloud solutions. They like to see their physical infrastructure live.

I wish them quick business recovery, I can imagine the pressure the Network Infrastructure team would be under to bring up their services.

3 Likes

Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by motionarena: 8:47pm On May 03, 2023
olaniyilukman:
Zenith bank network has really performed exceptionally well after this cashless policy but the downtime today started at exactly 7am and they were able to switch to disaster recoveryand everything start running smoothly as at 7pm

Na only you abi?
Nothing is working

1 Like

Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by ciggy000(m): 8:52pm On May 03, 2023
It they had installed an FM 200 fire suppression system it would have mitigated such occurrence. Contact me for your fire systems installations
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by Owutuotuo(m): 8:53pm On May 03, 2023
babaolofin:

Most of these people are at entry level when it comes core IT solutions.

You and Efewestern bring bazooka come slap fight grin Slow down biko.
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by oriedebe: 9:00pm On May 03, 2023
Very soon you will start hearing that fire has consumed some customers money. Scammers on the rise everywhere.
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by yusfatedeeprof(m): 9:01pm On May 03, 2023
babaolofin:

And how has this particular fire incident been managed? They said service has been down since 7am.
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by akube34: 9:02pm On May 03, 2023
Na where redundancy and cloud tech come in
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by baralatie(m): 9:05pm On May 03, 2023
Definitely arson
Re: Fire At Zenith Bank’s Data Centre Causes Network Downtime by crystalpapers(m): 9:07pm On May 03, 2023
When una data center never burn gan transaction dey fail. Now fire don damage data center na too port be that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Will Cost Me To Send A Letter From Nigeria To USA? / Biometrics To Replace Atm's Soon - CBN / Recession: EU Advises Nigeria To Devalue Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.