Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu (1597 Views)

Wike, Tinubu: We Won’t Allow You Heat Up Nigeria – Sunday Igboho Warns Gumi / I Won Fair And Square, Thank You Nyesom Wike - Tinubu Says In Rivers (Video) / Wike: Tinubu Turned Down PDP’s Offer To Sabotage Buhari In 2019 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by Ofunaofu: 7:51am On May 04, 2023
President-elect, Bola Tinubu has dared his critics on social media to continue saying whatever they like on various online platforms, saying it is a free speech society.

Tinubu insisted that his reason for telling the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, that he would not refund the cost of the flyovers he constructed in Rivers was because he could not make any commitment until he was sworn in as the President.

Tinubu, during a banquet in his honour on Wednesday night revisited what he called the banter with Wike, noting that it has generated a lot of reactions on social media.

But, the former Lagos State Governor said there is no name he has not been called on social media, stating that he does not respond to social media criticisms.

His words: “I exchanged a banter with Gov Wike, if you take me seriously, (it’s left to you). The truth is, I’m a President-elect. I have no signature for expenditure until sworn in. How can I make a commitment? I cannot sign a dime of Nigeria money or expenditure now. There can only be one president at a time.

“If you ask me to go and commit to things that are mere expectations and cannot be fulfilled, I believe in fulfilling promises, that’s why I’m here. And we have to do it for Nigeria. I thank you all for the support you gave me during the election, but I’m still on a countdown.

“If I sign anything for you now and commit to it, I can’t pay. For that flyover, how can I pay, personal? That’s not realistic.

“I hope that clears the social media fears. I don’t respond to (social media talks). There is no name they’ve not called me on (social media). It’s a free speech society and around the world.”

https://dailypost.ng/2023/05/04/say-what-you-like-on-social-media-i-cant-refund-wike-tinubu/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by LordIsaac(m): 7:53am On May 04, 2023
Apt! The very best of the four major contenders. Quote me daily! grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by Kukutenla: 7:55am On May 04, 2023
Lol. See clean-up.
He can't sign now but he needs to be lobbied.
So what's the lobbying meant to achieve?
You'll soon see his online defenders com and tell us how he's Taurus the wise one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by Nelsononu: 7:55am On May 04, 2023
Honestly I fear for social media ban by next administration

1 Like

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by money121(m): 8:04am On May 04, 2023
Ok
Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by Ihateheadslamer: 8:09am On May 04, 2023
Which won't work
Nelsononu:
Honestly I fear for social media ban by next administration

Tighten up your seat belt and watch tongue
Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by Abfinest007(m): 8:11am On May 04, 2023
He can't pay bcuz he knows he stole d mandate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by olasaad(f): 8:20am On May 04, 2023
Abfinest007:

So Obi will paid abi

3 Likes

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by accordadoga25(f): 8:21am On May 04, 2023
H
Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by bestpunterever: 8:23am On May 04, 2023
Abfinest007:
Ode ni e

3 Likes

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by JagabanBorgu: 8:24am On May 04, 2023
Kukutenla:
Lol. See clean-up.
He can't sign now but he needs to be lobbied.
So what's the lobbying meant to achieve?
You'll soon see his online defenders com and tell us how he's Taurus the wise one.
Same way u toId us "yes daddy" is fàké untiI Obi himself said it's no Iongèr fàké after saying it was fàké and he was sueing the gazette initially abi?

4 Likes

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by WorldRichest: 8:40am On May 04, 2023
Shey una dey hear?

A new Sheriff is in town who is not moved by noise. As a matter of fact, he progresses and prospers in the midst of bitter antagonism

2 Likes

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by Luckylife(m): 8:46am On May 04, 2023
O
Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by xpressionx(m): 8:47am On May 04, 2023
After the billions has exchanged hands abi.

And Reno Mockery and some zombies on 30k were spewing rubbish here

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by DesignMaestro(m): 8:52am On May 04, 2023
“I exchanged a banter with Gov Wike, if you take me seriously, (it’s left to you). The truth is, I’m a President-elect. I have no signature for expenditure until sworn in. How can I make a commitment? I cannot sign a dime of Nigeria money or expenditure now. There can only be one president at a time."

Ride on, our able in coming president 🇳🇬💚

Let the social media toothless bulldogs continue with their barking.....àwon ló maa rè

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by WorldRichest: 8:57am On May 04, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

Same way u toId us "yes daddy" is fàké untiI Obi himself said it's no Iongèr fàké after saying it was fàké and he was sueing the gazette initially abi?

He said he was only begging our Daddy. But we won all the polling booths in Yes Daddy neighborhood both in his State of residence Ogun and in his State of origin Kwara. We have consistently won all in the last three general elections. Even Olusegun Obasanjo that is backing the Yes Daddy puppet with woman’s voice, we won all polling booths in and around his residence

1 Like

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by DMerciful(m): 8:59am On May 04, 2023
They are acting a script to deceive us. Don't fall for this cheap propaganda by Tinubu and Wike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by Lanretoye(m): 9:03am On May 04, 2023
Shay obi get sense reach like this?,if na him he go don promise extra 30bridges.
Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by WorldRichest: 9:05am On May 04, 2023
xpressionx:

Go and carry our drug traffickers yourself
Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by Warl0ck: 9:24am On May 04, 2023
Foolish and selfish thief.
This tinubu victory just exposed yorubas true color

1 Like

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by Kukutenla: 9:35am On May 04, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

What is this one rambling?
Isn't it too early to be drunk?

1 Like

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by MrColdsweat: 9:38am On May 04, 2023
Chameleonism.
Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by Kukutenla: 9:39am On May 04, 2023
Lanretoye:
Shay obi get sense reach like this?,if na him he go don promise extra 30bridges.
At least Obi won't tell a sitting governor who went through hoops to rig his state for him to come and beg him before be can get money he spent on federal roads back knowing full well its an FG policy since the time of Yaradua.

If you aren't any daft you'll know your lord is simply tempering the public mockery he's made of Wike since yesterday afternoon.

1 Like

Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by Ventura1: 9:52am On May 04, 2023
Social media cannot be banned
But, obviously need to be regulated, people should be held accountable for their utterances on that space.
Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by Rodimi20000000: 10:50am On May 04, 2023
V
Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by cocolacec(m): 12:16pm On May 04, 2023
xpressionx:

Igbos are Biafrans not Nigerians.The Nigerian Zoo Govt did nothing wrong.
The Prime minister of Biafra,Simon Ekpa should send aircraft to the Igbos in Sudan.
Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by JagabanBorgu: 1:47pm On May 04, 2023
Kukutenla:

What is this one rambling?
Isn't it too early to be drunk?
Says an 0b!ñg0, a Hero customer.
Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by JagabanBorgu: 1:48pm On May 04, 2023
WorldRichest:

He said he was only begging our Daddy. But we won all the polling booths in Yes Daddy neighborhood both in his State of residence Ogun and in his State of origin Kwara. We have consistently won all in the last three general elections. Even Olusegun Obasanjo that is backing the Yes Daddy puppet with woman’s voice, we won all polling booths in and around his residence
Them think say them d wise.
Re: Say What You Like On Social Media, I Can’t Refund Wike’ – Tinubu by adekolaelect(m): 7:17pm On May 04, 2023
WorldRichest:

You nailed it all.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Agbu Kefas Of Taraba State, Another Peter Obi In Simplicity / Poor WAEC Result Forced Peter Obi To Study Philosophy / The 700 Club!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.