Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others (17525 Views)

Gear Up For The Looming Danger To Google And Microsoft Phasing Out Passwords / Hp Elitebook 8460p Intel Corei5. 320gb 4gb Fingerprint. / 10 Ways Hackers Get Your Passwords And What You Need To Do To Protect Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by IMASTEX: 3:31pm On May 04, 2023
Flier:
grin grin grin password must be allowed,they will probably get sued
I can never use my finger print online or my face,its quite dangerious
You cant gather everything about someones life in your system
You have a valid point.
Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by Simpubozz(m): 3:53pm On May 04, 2023
Sometimes, old method still more effective than new method
Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by NinjaMetahuman: 3:53pm On May 04, 2023
esemes256:

Good question:
Answer: they save evidence of the fact that you have verified your identity by means of biometrics. They don't and will never save your actual biometrics data. Those are only stored on your device and is by design not accessible to anyone else. It is a bit difficult to explain but I hope you get the point.
lol

Smh.
Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by esemes256: 4:09pm On May 04, 2023
77star:

Dey play when the truth is obvious to you!

Well you are entitled to your opinions and choices.
Feel free to believe whatever you believe in. If you are happy, that's fine by me.

https://www.nec.co.nz/market-leadership/publications-media/how-is-biometric-data-stored/
Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by Dennisbulkan: 4:46pm On May 04, 2023
Abolodje:
Nice innovation but not beyond hacking still

I don't think you understand what this means. Registering your face & finger print on the internet is the worst & the most dangerous case of privacy breach. Governments all over the world will be able to track you down if you dare protest against or offend them. You can be denied visa base on you internet activities. You literally have no privacy, no more hiding place for you the moment you upload your face and finger prints online. Nigerian government can hunt you down if type rubbish online, terrorist too can hunt you down if you type insults. This is a very bad thing
Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by Dennisbulkan: 4:48pm On May 04, 2023
AsomStructures:
Great development... Google is following up with the latest trends... Kudos cool

See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

I don't think you understand what this means. Registering your face & finger print on the internet is the worst & the most dangerous case of privacy breach. Governments all over the world will be able to track you down if you dare protest against or offend them. You can be denied visa base on you internet activities. You literally have no privacy, no more hiding place for you the moment you upload your face and finger prints online. Nigerian government can hunt you down if type rubbish online, terrorist too can hunt you down if you type insults. This is a very bad thing
Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by Dennisbulkan: 4:50pm On May 04, 2023
penearth:
Better innovation than always forgetting numerous of ur own passwords

Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by Pacyrus(m): 6:38pm On May 04, 2023
Long overdue
Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 8:01pm On May 04, 2023
Wahala, kidnapper, robbers will just wipe your account.
HonNL:

SOURCE
Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by Yoighaman(m): 12:04am On May 05, 2023
HonNL:

SOURCE

Interesting. Welcome development, long overdue.
Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by yom2(m): 1:26am On May 05, 2023
HonNL:

SOURCE
bad market for some people. If u know u know.
Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by VULCAN(m): 2:05pm On May 05, 2023
Reading your response, it's clear you have no understanding of what he is referring to.

Rest assured many understood him and he reminded us what has has been foretold.

"A time will come when nobody will be able to buy or sell without permission of the One World Govt."

It's not today or tmrw but definitely within 20yrs!

Olachase:
The poster above the one above said all this are signs of end time, forgotten that even he/she isn't safe if judgement is by technology Advancement

abi no be phone you take day login for Nairaland 😏😏
Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by MyOpinionNotUrs: 3:13pm On May 05, 2023
ncoolsome:

And those that don't give doesn't necessarily mean they don't have a good heart...oya how much u don collect today??

Well. No one gave me..... I thought I was going to die and I wasn't ashamed to ask. Thanks anyway.
Re: Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others by Tradegood: 8:05pm On May 07, 2023
We reject that you want to force people to give up their identities just to use your platform in JESUS name.
Stronger and better platforms shall arise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free IWP VPS Server / Bibles For Easyworship 6 / How To Unlock Any Network Internet Modem For Universal Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.