Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited (19706 Views)

Tinubu Commissioning Monitoring Vehicles Mobile Court (2006) / Bola Tinubu Commissioning Kudirat Abiola Way In June 2001 (Videos) / We Need To See Photos Of Tinubu Commissioning Projects Between 1999 To 2007. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by Nemere2020: 2:39pm On May 04, 2023
The Governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers state, Tonye Cole, has explained why he was absent during the state visit of the President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

The Nation reports that Tinubu is in the State on a two-day visit to inaugurate the Rumuola-Rumuokwuta Flyover and the Magistrate Court Complex delivered by Rivers Governor, Nyesom Wike.

Cole claimed he was absent during Tinubu’s visit because he was not invited.

He said Governor Wike should have informed the APC in Rivers state that he was inviting Tinubu and would want the party to be part of the programme.

He stated this while speaking in an interview on Arise TV on Thursday, monitored by the Nation.

Read Also: Tinubu hails Wike for championing fairness, justice, unity
He said: ”I will describe the visit from two sides. First side of it is the President-elect. As a President-elect of Nigeria, he has the right to go anywhere. And the Rivers State Government invited him, and he has come, honoured that invitation, and has come to Rivers State as a President-elect; with that, we have no problem at all.

”Where the issue is is that the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, ought also to be the governor of all Rivers people. And one of the things that he should have done if he is inviting the President-elect, who is the President-elect of all Nigerians, would have been to call us as APC in Rivers State to inform us that he is inviting the President-elect and would want us to be part of that programme.

”We never got any invitation, I was never invited personally, I was not invited in my private capacity as a candidate of the party, neither was our party, APC, in the State invited to any of those things;

“…and I believe that is where the difference between the President-elect acting in his capacity as President-elect for all Nigerians and Governor Wike acting in his capacity as a governor of just a particular Rivers people. That is where our disagreement stands.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-i-didnt-attend-tinubus-project-commissioning-in-rivers-tonye-cole/

7 Likes

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by Legitisreal: 2:50pm On May 04, 2023
I believe apc wants to make wike the new leader of apc in rivers after his tenure when he decamps

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by ronalmagic10(m): 2:55pm On May 04, 2023
Legitisreal:
I believe apc wants to make wike the new leader of apc in rivers after his tenure when he decamps

Wike will not decamp

Tinubu is the leader of APC and also PDP and lp

Watch out for the greatest politician ever

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by Legitisreal: 2:57pm On May 04, 2023
ronalmagic10:

Wike will not decamp

he is the leader of obi whom he sent message to help him split votes

He can never be PDP leader

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by olasaad(f): 2:58pm On May 04, 2023
Welcome to Nigeria politics cool now in Rivers State, APC is now PDP and PDP has now transformed to APC without any formal procedures.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by simfrost90210: 3:08pm On May 04, 2023
grin grin grin why dem go invite you nah?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by tesppidd: 3:08pm On May 04, 2023
Guess Tonye Cole did the right thing.

Never go where you're not invited..

I remember when Wike said he could never support a Muslim Muslim ticket.

I remember when Wike said he could never support a cancer party like APC.

And I think one of the most uttered words from Wike is the word 'integrity'

What an irony.!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by Savechild23: 3:09pm On May 04, 2023
Tinubu who?
Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by obembet(f): 3:09pm On May 04, 2023
Jagaban wil rule for 8yrs and

SIM will rules Rivers got 8 yrs.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by Searchingvictor: 3:09pm On May 04, 2023
OK
Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by simfrost90210: 3:09pm On May 04, 2023
grin grin grin
Shebi all of una na d same thing.. story!
why dem go invite you specially nah?

2 Likes

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by helinues: 3:09pm On May 04, 2023
Tonye only contested under Apc, he did not support the Apc presidential candidate in the last election.

So why should you be invited?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by DMerciful(m): 3:09pm On May 04, 2023
This idolatry you guys are practicing with Tinubu will soon deflate
ronalmagic10:

Wike will not decamp

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by chuose: 3:09pm On May 04, 2023
My brother keep clear of the president select, let him not contaminate you with his drugs

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by Marveeno(m): 3:10pm On May 04, 2023
Well too bad
Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by FoolaniHellman: 3:11pm On May 04, 2023
Wailer grin
Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by GeneralPula: 3:11pm On May 04, 2023
”Where the issue is is that the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, ought also to be the governor of all Rivers people. And one of the things that he should have done if he is inviting the President-elect, who is the President-elect of all Nigerians, would have been to call us as APC in Rivers State to inform us that he is inviting the President-elect and would want us to be part of that programme.

Lol. Wike is coming!

1 Like

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by goodyvin02(m): 3:11pm On May 04, 2023
Give him a tissue please !

5 Likes

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by bigdammyj: 3:12pm On May 04, 2023
Noted.
Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by sageb: 3:13pm On May 04, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-i-didnt-attend-tinubus-project-commissioning-in-rivers-tonye-cole/

@Mrksquare Cole did the right thing by not attending.
If he had attended , it will be seen as anti-party conduct/act.

2 Likes

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by ybalogs(m): 3:14pm On May 04, 2023
Invited by Wike?? That's definitely going to happen nah. And as it stands Rivers state number 1 citizen is still Wike.

3 Likes

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by omoadeleye(m): 3:14pm On May 04, 2023
Lol
Dey play

1 Like

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by ybalogs(m): 3:15pm On May 04, 2023
sageb:

@Mrksquare Cole did the right thing by not attending.
If he had attended , it will be seen as anti-party conduct/act.
Not necessarily anti Party but the fact that the one doing the commissioning didn't seem it fit to invite him,there's no reason to go there.

1 Like

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by Afamed: 3:15pm On May 04, 2023
Watch out for new political development in Nigeria.

Asiwaju will be the leader of APC, PDP,Labour party and the rest

Obi will soon return to APGA where he came from

6 Likes

Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by Xlogistics(m): 3:16pm On May 04, 2023
Interesting one.

Are you a struggling YouTuber in Nigeria seeking for a tutor. Mention me ASAP let’s work
Re: Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited by SyrusdeHansome(m): 3:16pm On May 04, 2023
No Nigerian polithiefcian is worth our trust. Look at Wike that referred to apc as cancer now walking around with apc members nd the real apc members in Rivers are now seen as enemies of the party. Truth be told, all Nigerian politicians are shameless

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olumuyiwa Adejobi, Mohammed Aminu, Others Promoted By Police Service Commission / Oyo Government Demolishes House Of Suspected Sponsor Of Yoruba Nation Agitators / Nigerian Military Buried Shiite Members Alive- Amnesty International.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.