Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? (1774 Views)

Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? / Where Will A Christian Who Committed Suicide Go To? - Prince Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Emir8: 3:23pm On May 04, 2023
Someone posted this question in a telegram group I'm part of.
Many people responded that whoever commits suicide is going to hell. However, I did a little research on it by asking Google. I was surprised to see in the articles written by foreign religious leaders that suicide doesn't take anyone to hell and they supported their views with a lot of verses from the Bible.

As a Nigerian, do you think suicide take anyone to hell?
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Tboy222: 3:31pm On May 04, 2023
Emir8:
Many people responded that whoever commits suicide is going to hell. However, I did a little research on it by asking Google. I was surprised to see in the articles written by foreign religious leaders that suicide doesn't take anyone to hell and they supported their views with a lot of verses from the Bible.

Suicide is a sin,taking your own life is a sin against God Job 1:21 says " God is the giver of Life He gives and He takes away."

Suicide is equated to murder,and the only destination for suicide is Hell.

However there are certain accounts of people who have committed suicide ,went to Hell and we're given a second chance.

2: Tamara Leroux suicide testimony
2: you can also visit Randy Kay ministries von youtube where he interviewed certain people who commited suicide but where mercifully rescued from Hell
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Emir8: 3:39pm On May 04, 2023
Tboy222:

Suicide is a sin,taking your own life is a sin against God Job 1:21 says " God is the giver of Life He gives and He takes away."

Suicide is equated to murder,and the only destination for suicide is Hell.

However there are certain accounts of people who have committed suicide ,went to Hell and we're given a second chance.

2: Tamara Leroux suicide testimony
2: you can also visit Randy Kay ministries von youtube where he interviewed certain people who commited suicide but where mercifully rescued from Hell
But the Bible says death cannot separate us from God:
Rom.8.38-39 - For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Rom.8.39 - Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On May 04, 2023
Emir8:
■ Someone posted this question in a telegram group I'm part of.
■ As a Nigerian, do you think suicide take anyone to hell?
1. Only those who are born-again have access to the Kingdom of God where Heaven and Hell are both located. So, if a person who is not born of water and born of spirit commits suicide, he/she cannot enter into either Heaven or Hell at the end - John 3 vs 1 - 21 & Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 & Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

2. There is nothing "Nigerian" about the Truth of God. undecided

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Tboy222: 3:43pm On May 04, 2023
Emir8:

Rom.8.38-39 - For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Rom.8.39 - Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Paul was referring to believers here,those who have accepted Christ and shunned the lifestyle of sin.

But if you die as a sinner,you will be separated from God eternally.

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On May 04, 2023
Emir8:
■ But the Bible says death cannot separate us from God:
What is death? Death is described by God in Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22 as perishing in the grave aka ceasing to exist after one dies. Those who are born-again obtain Eternal Life - John 3 vs 1 - 21- which ensures they continue to exist after their term in this world comes to an end meaning that they can no longer cease to exist even after they die. However, in addition to that, Paul is saying in his epistle there that those who are born-again and are sheep cannot be separated from Jesus Christ, excluding the goats who are equally born-again. undecided
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Tboy222: 3:50pm On May 04, 2023
Emir8:

Please can you give me a link to the telegram group I want to use the opportunity to spread the Word of God.

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On May 04, 2023
Tboy222:

Please can you give me a link to the telegram group I want to use the opportunity to spread the Word of God.
1. What proof do you have that you are born-again? And yes, Jesus Christ said everyone must be born again -- born of water and born of spirit -- so it isn't optional? According to Jesus Christ, these things are not of mental assent so, you if you are truly born-again, you will have evidence to show this, and the evidence, according to HIm is not one that can be hidden from even those around you. undecided

What was the cross that was given to you when you accepted Jesus Christ supposedly as you became born-again? undecided
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:12pm On May 04, 2023
Emir8:

The highlighted is a lie, suicide or not all are going to the same place at death: Hell

The problem is many don't know that Hell simply means Grave and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by anthonyuncle(m): 4:22pm On May 04, 2023
suicide is a one way express ticket to hell
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Emir8: 4:24pm On May 04, 2023
anthonyuncle:
suicide is a one way express ticket to hell
Unfortunately, there's no Bible verse that says that. It could be your tradition that says so
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 4:25pm On May 04, 2023
Suicide..that is the taking of one's life.

Is it a sin or not?

Well let's see,
God created us and gave us the capacity to make choices. So as human we are endowed with the ability and capability to make choices. So what are we supposed to choose from?
Let's see,
Life and death
Light and darkness
Cold and hot
Up and down
Big boobs and small boobs
Big and small
Ugly and beautiful

Etc..

So the choice is yours, but which ever you choose, there is always a consequence.
Deuteronomy 30:15-20 says

See, I have today set before you life and good, death and evil.j
If you obey the commandments of the LORD, your God, which I am giving you today, loving the LORD, your God, and walking in his ways, and keeping his commandments, statutes and ordinances, you will live and grow numerous, and the LORD, your God, will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.k
l If, however, your heart turns away and you do not obey, but are led astray and bow down to other gods and serve them,
I tell you today that you will certainly perish; you will not have a long life on the land which you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.
I call heaven and earth today to witness against you:m I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Choose life, then, that you and your descendants may live,
by loving the LORD, your God, obeying his voice, and holding fast to him. For that will mean life for you, a long life for you to live on the land which the LORD swore to your ancestors, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give to them.n
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On May 04, 2023
Emir8:
■ Unfortunately, there's no Bible verse that says that. It could be your tradition that says so
1. You are not far from the truth there because scripture apart, every religion out there, including the religion of Christianity —which rarely ever agrees with scripture by the way—, also has its own heaven and hell. So you need to be specific when asking these questions really. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by delkuf(m): 4:37pm On May 04, 2023
Emir8:

what do you mean by as a Nigerian. What you doesn't have to do with it we are Nigerian or not. You commit suicide, you end up in hell
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Afamsi: 4:42pm On May 04, 2023
"... They supported their views with a lot of bible verses". Why don't you post the bible verses lets see. Dey whine yourself
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Afamsi: 4:45pm On May 04, 2023
Everyone who commits suicide have their community in hell fire. The bible said 'Don't kill anybody' and that includes you
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Afamsi: 4:48pm On May 04, 2023
Emir8:

that bible verse is for those that have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour. It is not for everybody
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 4:57pm On May 04, 2023
I thought christian believe "god" sent jesus on s suicide mission ?
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by delkuf(m): 4:58pm On May 04, 2023
Emir8:

Rom.8.38-39 - For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Rom.8.39 - Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.Yes death cannot separate us from God but it is only those that die on Christ. You cannot commit suicide and be with God in heaven

Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Emusan(m): 5:08pm On May 04, 2023
Emir8:

The simple fact is that, who ever is in Christ can't commit suicide.

And only those who are of Christ will make heaven!
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Emusan(m): 5:09pm On May 04, 2023
sonmvayina:
I thought christian believe "god" sent jesus on s suicide mission ?

Thank God that it's your THOUGHT not the truth from the scripture.
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by anthonyuncle(m): 8:28pm On May 04, 2023
Emir8:

Unfortunately, there's no Bible verse that says that. It could be your tradition that says so

fortunately, the Bible does not applaud it.
Matthew 27:5
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 10:10am On May 05, 2023
Emusan:

Thank God that it's your THOUGHT not the truth from the scripture.

So what is the story..

Don't you believe God sent jesus to die?

Sound like something Allah will do...
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Michael547(m): 11:44am On May 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Only those who are born-again have access to the Kingdom of God where Heaven and Hell are both located. So, if a person who is not born of water and born of spirit commits suicide, he/she cannot enter into either Heaven or Hell at the end - John 3 vs 1 - 21 & Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 & Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

2. There is nothing "Nigerian" about the Truth of God. undecided
So according to your first point, where does the person go to?
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by GeeM: 12:23pm On May 05, 2023
they go to hellfire cos u can't take life u didn't create
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Kobojunkiee: 4:20pm On May 05, 2023
Michael547:
■ So according to your first point, where does the person go to?
If unbeliever
→then the rule is, "From dust, you came and to dust you shall return" -Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22
else
if born-again
→then the rule is you sleep in the grave until the time of the resurrection and then judgment - John 5 vs 19 - 29
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Kobojunkiee: 4:22pm On May 05, 2023
anthonyuncle:
fortunately, the Bible does not applaud it. Matthew 27:5
The scripture says nothing in regard to suicide! undecided
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by anthonyuncle(m): 4:38pm On May 05, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
The scripture says nothing in regard to suicide! undecided

it didn't applaud it either.

we don't need to argue on this,
you can help us to commit suicide, then go to the afterlife and confirm the stand of God on it grin
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Kobojunkiee: 4:39pm On May 05, 2023
anthonyuncle:
it didn't applaud it either. we don't need to argue on this, you can help us to commit suicide, then go to the afterlife and confirm the stand of God on it grin
Neither did it condemn it! Let's not use scripture as if our private tool for forwarding our private delusions abeg!undecided
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by anthonyuncle(m): 4:43pm On May 05, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Neither did it condemn it! Let's not use scripture as if our private tool for forwarding our private delusions abeg!undecided
let's leave the scripture and use you
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by Kobojunkiee: 4:44pm On May 05, 2023
anthonyuncle:
■ let's leave the scripture and use you
1. Look, scripture only applies as far as those who are under Law, and as Jesus Christ made clear, only those who are of the Lost sheep of Israel can qualify to be under Law with Him. So, going around brandishing scripture against every individual out there makes absolutely no sense. undecided
Re: Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven? by anthonyuncle(m): 4:46pm On May 05, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. What about me? undecided
commit suicide 1st

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Serious Evil Spirits: TB Joshua in Singapore / As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....? / List Of Worship Songs To Sing On A Sunday Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.