Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,911 members, 7,835,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? (2510 Views)

Obi & Atiku: Prove Actual VOTES WON, Not Frivolities: 25%, Cert, Forfeiture / Apart From Lagos,which Other Yoruba State Can Obi Get 25%? / Which South West States Can Obi And Atiku Get 25%? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by garfield1: 3:25pm On May 04, 2023
The electoral act assumes that once elections are held,they are regular,free and fair to a large extent and that whoever has issues or complaints must prove it substantially.what is substantial noncompliance? According to the apex court,one must firstly prove that an election was massively fraught with irregularities in a widespread manner and secondly the petitioner must prove that he would have won or they would have been a different outcome if there was no infractions.for instance,obi must at least bring evidence voiding or affecting 2.7 mil votes,the exact margin tunubu is gapping him.proving that he won rivers and benue do not meet substantial noncompliance...
Again,bringing online data of votes will take him no where.he must prove his case polling unit by polling unit and physically.he must present polling unit result sheets one at a time and bring at least one voter or agent from disputed polling units and he must demonstrate this in open court.
Simply claiming that there was overvoting in ekiti state will lead to no issue.he must identify the specific units,match them with data extracted directly from bvas not inec server,compare them the voters register and not just dump them in open court.he must give live to his evidences.out of 6 months for the tribunal,1 and a half months is already spent.out of the 4 and half months,he can only get one and a half month to present all his evidences and averments.that time is not even enough to carry out forensics or recounts in about 3 states.bringing video evidences in a fraction of places or complaints in a few isolated areas like Lagos will lead to wastage.
Talking about challenging tinubu qualifications,the apex court in akinlade vs apc 2019 supra per vivour classified them as pre election matters.was tinubu ever convicted and if so,has 10 years elapsed or not? Even if he was under a sentence, has 10 years not elapsed as stated under subsection d of 137?
Is he a Guinean citizen and even if he was,did he voluntarily acquire it as per registration or he was conferred or born in guinea? As at the time of the polls,was shettima a candidate in two constituencies? Is fct to be counted as a state or differently? What is the closest judgments to this matter? What is the body language of the apex Court?

Cc mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Seun
Seunmsg
Dominique
Kahal
Naptu2
Muykem
Cajal
Fergie001
Penguin2
Vicdom
Aiel123
Mrvitalis
Ogiame
Ogodogo
Ojiofor
Svoboda
Arewanorth
Efewestern
Casualobserver
Mikeofafrica

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by fergie001: 3:33pm On May 04, 2023
garfield1:

1. On the issue of substantial non-compliance, I don't think I have to add more to that.

2. On the issue of his qualifications, certain pre-election cases can crystallise to post-election hence the tribunal can handle same ONLY if it touches on the Constitutional eligibility requirements of that Candidate. The Electoral Act has given more powers in that direction wrt forgery. The question is who has the locus to challenge a candidate on submitting false document to INEC?

Simply put, neither Obi, Atiku nor any Candidate at this point have the locus standi to do so. The Court will try to see the merits thereof but simply put, they do not possess the jurisdiction to adjudicate on same.

3. In the case of the forfeiture, our Courts cannot sit on appeal on that issue. The PEPC will want to see it in black-and-white CONVICTION or CONVICTED. Conviction is a finding of guilt and then sentencing. His case might be some form of indictment and/or plea bargaining. Once the Conviction is not in plain, literal language, our Courts will not touch it.

4. On the dual citizenship issue, to add to what you wrote up there; Tinubu did not voluntarily acquire same but was conferred with the citizenship... "quoting then Guinean President Conde." Asides it been brought up past the initial 21 days, he that alleges must prove indeed he voluntarily acquired same contrary to Mr. Conde's claims. It is unclear if the passport is genuine or not.

5. The issue of Shettima's case is not whether what he did was wrong or not. It is who has the jurisdiction to sue.

6. INEC not transmitting results as positioned in its own regulations is the main ground I intend to see how it happens.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by socialmediaman: 3:34pm On May 04, 2023
garfield1:

Talking about challenging tinubu qualifications,the apex court in akinlade vs apc 2019 supra per vivour classified them as pre election matters.

According to Section 136(2) of Nigeria's electoral act 2022, one of the grounds for petition is that the candidate declared winner was not qualified to contest the election.

In Part it reads "Where an election tribunal or court nullifies an election on the ground that the person who obtained the highest votes at the election was not qualified to contest the election, the election tribunal or court shall declare the person with the second highest number of valid votes cast at the election ..."

for instance,obi must at least bring evidence voiding or affecting 2.7 mil votes,the exact margin tunubu is gapping him.proving that he won rivers and benue do not meet substantial noncompliance...

Peter Obi (PO) doesn't need to come up with 2.7 million votes, he needs just half of that let me explain the math here:

PO claimed that his votes were given to Tinubu. For example if Tinubu was given 2 million votes and PO was given 1 million votes. If you take back 600K votes from Tinubu and give them to PO, Tinubu now has 1.4 million votes while PO now has 1.6 million votes.

What PO needs to do is focus on Lagos, Rivers, and Benue, and prove polling unit by polling unit (PU by PU) that his votes up to a significant amount capable of upturning the election.

Furthermore, in order to prove that he met the 25% requirement, he needs to prove PU by PU unit in relevant states that the votes given to Tinubu were more than the actual votes Tinubu got.

So for example, in a state like Ekiti where Tinubu was declared winner with 67% votes while PO got 4% of the votes, if he can prove PU by PU that Tinubu didn't get 201K votes but actually got 100K votes, while he (PO) got 75K votes, then this means that Tinubu got 37% not 67% as was declared, while PO got 28% not 4% as was declared

It all boils down to what data the BVAS contains which can be corroborated by data from PU agents, and whether it was tampered with or not

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by DatNiggaDaz: 3:35pm On May 04, 2023
The courts have the liberty to give meanings to the word " substanstial non-compliance.

It can mean many different things depending on the integrity of the judges.

As a layman , I think it does not mean further than " beyond reasonable doubt ", and that my friend, Atiku and PO have in abundance . Inec as a corrupt institution even made themselves an exibit in the whole rascality

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Afamed: 3:38pm On May 04, 2023
Both Atiku and Obi know they are just there to waste their time in the court

The Tribunal sitting is 100% of academic exercise.

Nothing more

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by GeneralPula: 3:46pm On May 04, 2023
Their petition is a watery one..

And no, tinubu has never been convicted!

1 Like

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Obiedun(m): 3:51pm On May 04, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
The courts have the liberty to give meanings to the word " substanstial non-compliance.

It can mean many different things depending on the intergrity of the judges.

As a layman , I think it does not mean further than " beyond reasonable doubt ", and that my friend, Atiku and PO have in abundance . Inec as a corrupt institution even made themselves an exibit in the whole rascality
No fact to support your stand. The same problem Atiku and Obi are having.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Afamed: 3:54pm On May 04, 2023
I will not be surprised if the court slams both Atiku and Obi heavy fine for wasting their time

6 Likes

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Afamed: 3:58pm On May 04, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:

The same beer parlour gist you heard from upper Iweka, you have taken IT TO nairaland. Where are the evidence of corrupt practice in INEC?

5 Likes

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by DatNiggaDaz: 3:59pm On May 04, 2023
Obiedun:
No fact to support your stand. The same problem Atiku and Obi are having.
I will aggree with you, if you, yourself sir, is a member of the panel at the Tribunal and more also if you have the integrity to be . No qualms sir.

1 Like

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by helinues: 4:00pm On May 04, 2023
The issues they are laying emphasis on have been quashed severally

Imagine both LP and Pdp wet to court without providing in their affidavits how then won the election and how they came about it.

5 Likes

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Obiedun(m): 4:01pm On May 04, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
I will aggree with you, if you, yourself sir, is a member of the panel at the Tribunal and more also if you have the intergrity to be . No qualms sir.
All right.Time will tell. Both are claiming winners kikikikiki!
Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by DatNiggaDaz: 4:03pm On May 04, 2023
Afamed:

The same beer parlour gist you heard from upper Iweka, you have taken IT TO nairaland. Where are the evidence of corrupt practice in INEC?
Ok . I see you bro.This weird thinking of assuming anyone not supporting Tinubu and Apc is from the East is actually funny. grin

No qualms. Let the courts be . Corrupt or not.

1 Like

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Burob: 4:05pm On May 04, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:

Prove substantial non compliance against INEC the Umpire of elections in the country of the fantastically corrupt?

What a waste of time.
Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by DatNiggaDaz: 4:07pm On May 04, 2023
Obiedun:
All right.Time will tell. Both are claiming winners kikikikiki!
Laugh first

Bro, you know how it goes " cry later ".

1 Like

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Burob: 4:10pm On May 04, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Laugh first

The man cost his Oga & mentor Abubakar Atiku the election, he is a very selfish egotistical being.

2 Likes

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Obiedun(m): 4:11pm On May 04, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Laugh first

I will always laugh because what you people are doing is laughable. It is the gullible followers that will cry and cry . I reject it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by DatNiggaDaz: 4:11pm On May 04, 2023
Obiedun:
I will always laugh because what you people are doing is laughable.
ok
Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Burob: 4:14pm On May 04, 2023
Obiedun:
I will always laugh because what you people are doing is laughable.
He wants to challenge the same election that he won in Lagos, Anambra, the whole eastern region with over 90% of votes, & The FCT just to mention a few states.

1 Like

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by DatNiggaDaz: 4:14pm On May 04, 2023
Burob:
The man cost his Oga & mentor Abubakar Atiku the election, he is a very selfish egotistical being.
Ok.

You have won the election go and celebrate. Dont forget to buy houses worth 11million Dollars in London. Thank you sir

7 Likes

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Obiedun(m): 4:14pm On May 04, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
ok
Better
Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Obiedun(m): 4:16pm On May 04, 2023
Burob:
He wants to challenge the same election that he won in Lagos, Anambra, the whole eastern region with over 90% of votes, & The FCT just to mention a few states.
They are all jokers. May we not labour in vain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Obiedun(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Ok.

You have won the election go and celebrate. Dont forget to buy houses worth 11million Dollars in London. Thank you sir
Yes daddy. Thank you daddy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Burob: 4:18pm On May 04, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Ok.

There are over 200 million people in Nigeria so the statistics tell us, it isn’t because Bola Tinubu or his son buying a house in the United Kingdom or the United States that has left you in the state of lack that you find yourself in today.

3 Likes

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by DatNiggaDaz: 4:19pm On May 04, 2023
Burob:
Prove substantial non compliance against INEC the Umpire of elections in the country of the fantastically corrupt?

What a waste of time.
What do you intend to do about that. Your party had 8yrs sir. Are you happy now.

Bro dis back and forth no go lead us anywhere. Let the courts do their fantastically corrupt job according to you.

But e be like say you will also go and celebrate your victory. Go buy house for London o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Burob: 4:20pm On May 04, 2023
Obiedun:
They are all jokers. May we not labour in vain.
Peter Obi should get lost only trying to save face, he should be ashamed of himself.

Wannabe waiver presidential candidate, reap where he did not sow, political opportunist grande.

1 Like

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Burob: 4:22pm On May 04, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
What do you intend to do about that. Your party had 8yrs sir. Are you happy now.

Bro dis back and forth no go lead us anywhere. Let the courts do their fantastically corrupt job according to you.

But e be like say you will also go and celebrate your victory. Go buy house for London o
Abi go buy house for London like Peter Obi?

If Fidelity Bank would loan me the money, I won’t mind o.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by DatNiggaDaz: 4:22pm On May 04, 2023
Burob:
There are over 200 million people in Nigeria so the statistics tell us, it isn’t because Bola Tinubu or his son buying a house in the United Kingdom or the United States that has left you in the state of lack that you find yourself in today.
. Hmmm. State of Lack again . Ok.

I have heard you Sir. Let the court be then

1 Like

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by DatNiggaDaz: 4:23pm On May 04, 2023
Burob:
Abi go buy house for London like Peter Obi?
Anyhow you See it, go and celebrate.

1 Like

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by Burob: 4:25pm On May 04, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Anyhow you See it, go and celebrate.
Celebrate another person’s victory? Negro ain’t no Almijiri, You got the wrong cat Steven Wailer.

1 Like

Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by FavoredbyGOD: 4:41pm On May 04, 2023
I always like your posts
Re: Can Obi And Atiku Prove Substantial Noncompliance? by DatNiggaDaz: 4:49pm On May 04, 2023
Burob:
Celebrate another person’s victory? Negro ain’t no Almijiri, You got the wrong cat Steven Wailer.
Bros, u no dey tire

E don do. Ok No go celebrate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obi Got Admitted Into UNN With Pass In Both Eng And Maths. Pic / A Revolution Is Coming / Kwankwaso Won't Accept Contesting Against Peter Obi In 2027– Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.