Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN (17361 Views)

Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers / Teachers Registration Council Says Unqualified Teachers To Go In December / FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by chima47(m): 10:01pm On May 04, 2023
They taught Tinubu how to dodge interviews.
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by Edyblessed(m): 10:08pm On May 04, 2023
I don't know the yardstick for this conclusion, but I want to say that most Africans we keep making same mistakes and expect different results.
It's not in all cases that Certificate='Quality'.
Besides let's also consider many factors that could/is contributing to most person's not getting certified etc.
It's high time we triangulated our problems and work towards fixing them.
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by Littlefingerjp: 10:11pm On May 04, 2023
Basic123:
If that is the case 99% of teachers of other regions will be fake .

Especially southeast,considering the fact that they consider someone that came distant 3rd as winner of the election.
It's not an abuse but Yu can never have sense again in your life
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by herich(m): 10:19pm On May 04, 2023
Education in SW is really in coma
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by Ready2speak: 10:25pm On May 04, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/70-of-teachers-in-south-west-unqualified-%E2%80%95-trcn/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1683218312

Yes, yes, yeeess.
That's why their products wants to be like those ballot box snatchers.
M.C. Oluomo is the role model after all how much of good education does he have.
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by Tinubuderanged: 10:25pm On May 04, 2023
What do you expect from a region of drug Barron.
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by hardbody: 10:36pm On May 04, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/70-of-teachers-in-south-west-unqualified-%E2%80%95-trcn/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1683218312

Wrong statistics. About 98.8% are actually not qualified and not fit to impart knowledge. One was shouting orders to kids behind my house, are you hear me? Are you hear me?

I was shocked.
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by stevups(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2023
misano:
That's Y the SW has been performing poorly in WAEC and JAMB for years now. SE and SS are slowly dominating. People like Portable and MC Olumo are now role models in SW. grin grin grin

You are correct. It even showed after the election, when Peter and Ameachi were declared as presidential election
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by bentenny(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2023
xtophy1:
On this matter baah, the qualifications of the teachers do not matter if they produce results. I once taught primary school pupils for their preparation of common entrance examz and they passed.
I wasn't qualified but my result was splendid. Finito.....
Teaching goes beyond preparing the pupils or students for an exam!
The job or responsibility of a teacher is to adequately and intentionally impact knowledge to the students and that can only be possible if you have gone through a system that qualifies you to be a teacher!
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by GetSenseNow: 10:50pm On May 04, 2023
Mamaafrik1:
If is is 70% is southwest I cab bet you that it is going to be more in the other 6 geopolitical zones.
The first time in my life when I met a young man who couldn't communicate in English was in Ogun State. During my NYSC. Even my grandma could converse in pidgin English. It was very weird

1 Like

Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by Antivirus92(m): 11:34pm On May 04, 2023
The products of those teachers are still defending them here

1 Like

Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by NorthernersSuck: 11:46pm On May 04, 2023
Basic123:

Especially southeast,considering the fact that they consider someone that came distant 3rd as winner of the election.

See one products of the unqualified teachers here talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by indigenous234(f): 12:01am On May 05, 2023
The last 3 presidential elections confirmed this to Nigerians. The Southwest is almost gone. O'tilor. A people who's role models are MC Oluomo, Portable, Koko Zaria, etc. They even voted a drug baron as President.
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by indigenous234(f): 12:04am On May 05, 2023
A region where you still have people, young people who can't communicate with any other language besides Yoruba. Very very unfortunate.
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by ladej(m): 12:06am On May 05, 2023
xtophy1:
On this matter baah, the qualifications of the teachers do not matter if they produce results. I once taught primary school pupils for their preparation of common entrance examz and they passed.
anecdotal and not transferable. One needs standards. I’m sure you won’t employ a quack to build your house or a doctor with no medical license to perform surgery on you. While it is noble you were able to help these students, it’s not transferable.
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by Fstar1: 12:39am On May 05, 2023
jumper524:
Lots of teachers in Nigeria are not qualified at all to be in the academic environment especially in the university.
I see no reason why students who were able to score atleast 200 in jamb would have majority fail a course and the lecturer would be happy failing them while the school board would see it as an avenue to promote the lecturers.
They are just papery qualified but lack psychology to lead so they use the easy way which is fear.
I'm glad the university environment is changing quickly now.
The lecturers who pride themselves in frustrating students are still there receiving less than 300k salary in this hard economy and less than 5yrs to retirement while they have no tangible investment to hold on to.
They now result to receiving bribes from the yahoo students we now have while ridiculing themselves in class cos no body rates them again.
How life evolves.
I was shocked how easy it is my lil cousin was saying it so easy to manipulate result now in his school. Some boys no dey even write exam sef again.
It's that bad now and it happens in 80% of our govt University. How the mighty has fallen.
More than the govt, those heading the education sect needs to be revolutionised.
Quality education is nothing to write home about now in this country..it's such a pity. What's the way forward now is what we should be thinking of urgently
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by ablejesus26(m): 12:46am On May 05, 2023
Basic123:

Mr Tribaliscally bigoted hatefilled man. This tally is no point a case for you to do your tribal hate evangelism.
Bieng qualified does not quantifies being better in a System thats want
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by Sammy5413(m): 12:53am On May 05, 2023
But much more qualified than those in the North though
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by cokeryusuf09(m): 2:02am On May 05, 2023
Flamezreal:
Some people are ignorantly mistaking capability for qualification. TRCN are fighting for their pockets. They charge thousands of naira for their exam just for you to get license for teaching after which you'll continue renewing the license every certain interval of year(s). Nigerian teachers are underpaid and these people are bent on milking them dry, adding to their frustration.
Teachers have earned their certification in teaching as either NCE or BSc.Ed and those that didn't study education course as their first degree can as well go for pgde and be certified.Hence, you're qualified.
TRCN are responsible for licensing and are just jostling for their enterprise.
Lol, you know how they run the game, just for you to run a PDE in education. The truth is if this is way things should, any BSC.Ed, nce and b.ed should not be allowed to gain employment outside the education field. But that is ridiculous if they implement that.

1 Like

Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by eagleu: 2:32am On May 05, 2023
Basic123:

Some of the pupils of unqualified teachers here to show their lack of education
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by gbagyiza: 5:47am On May 05, 2023
xtophy1:

Just forget about them, they just want to make more money when people register with them. To be honest, a good teacher is not only identify when he has teaching certificates alone but his capacity n mastery of want he teach. Most of the teachers with the teaching qualifications r not masters in their area of the subject matter. Go n see what they r delivering to the pupils/students in the classroom. And I will tell u that there r many graduates who hasn't teaching qualifications but r doing excellent in the classroom even better than those with the teaching certificates. A teaching qualification should not be a criteria for saying someone is not qualify to teach. It should be an added advantage.
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by vickydevoka(m): 6:18am On May 05, 2023
LivingSage:
Shut up.

When will you grow
When the Nairaland Afonjas chooses to change their ways
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by Torpedo23: 6:44am On May 05, 2023
bentenny:

Teaching goes beyond preparing the pupils or students for an exam!
The job or responsibility of a teacher is to adequately and intentionally impact knowledge to the students and that can only be possible if you have gone through a system that qualifies you to be a teacher!

Yes, you have to do all that for the delicious 15k waiting for you at the end of the month!
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by ShaqFu: 6:48am On May 05, 2023
For me, this isn't news. I've always known this because of the way the teachers in these so called private schools behave, many of them are confirm olodos and to think the way people rush to enroll their kids in these so called private schools is alarming.

This same parents demonize public school, and hail these low standard private schools for doing nothing, other than collect their money.
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by ORIAYO70(m): 7:16am On May 05, 2023
Basic123:

If SW is 70percent other regions will be 100 percent spurious.....

As per the distant 3rd man... I hail thy

Lol...
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by obama99: 7:17am On May 05, 2023
Lies upon lies
If 70% of SW teachers are not qualified. What of the north . , Should we expect 100%

SW has not more then 3 universities of education , enough colleges of education both state, federal and privates.
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 7:37am On May 05, 2023
xtophy1:

SHUT UP!!! 70% OF TEACHERS IN SOUTH-WEST ARE UNQUALIFIED.
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 7:38am On May 05, 2023
Basic123:

70% OF SOUTH-WEST TEACHERS ARE UNQUALIFIED!
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 7:39am On May 05, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:
No wonder most of them are so uninformed all they teach them is to beat Thier brothers that look like Omo ibo grin grin

People like

Helineus

Iyaeba

Are the product of illiterate teachers grin

Cc: helinues
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by Uchek(m): 7:48am On May 05, 2023
Obviously, you didn't get the thrust of the DISMAL revelation. That you use your personal result to obfuscate the issues is a perfect example of FALLACY OF ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE. You may be a brilliant, industrious and committed teacher and all these personal attributes disproportionately contributed to the success of your pupils. Suppose majority of the private school teachers are not like you. We know that private school's owners employ anybody and pay them poorly. Private schools have high turnover because they are temporary careers for most of the teachers until something better comes along

xtophy1:
Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by Jimbadly: 7:50am On May 05, 2023
Basic123:

South West was the region mentioned but because of your hatred of southeast, you must rope in the southeast. Nothing in this world will cure you of this illness, I swear.

1 Like

Re: Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN by mystery22: 8:47am On May 05, 2023
Basic123:

clown, obsess with anything south east, and na wetin go end your miserable life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

15-yr-old Wins National Mathematics Contest / 25-Year-Old Bags Ph.D At Babcock University / How UNILAG’s Draconian Rule Threw Faculty Of Law Into Electoral Chaos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.