Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,154 members, 7,953,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:52 PM

Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC (10723 Views)

Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles / Ghanaian Man On A Mission To Consume A Basin Of Food "Battling For His Life" / Top 5 Ways To Make Indomie Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by lukaino(m): 11:02am On May 05, 2023
Regardless of clarifications from NAFDAC, Noodles have never been healthy meals, they should be avoided while we concentrate on consuming non processed foods.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Paracetamol01: 11:02am On May 05, 2023
Na only dem say indomie contain chemical dat cause cancer β™‹πŸ¦€β™‹πŸ¦€

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by loydsis(m): 11:04am On May 05, 2023
K
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by LeeSmart: 11:04am On May 05, 2023
Lol immediately my wife hear say indomie noodles does causes cancer, na so she pack the remaining 3 catton of hungry man size go throw 4 dustbin.
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by CartelKenneth: 11:07am On May 05, 2023
Useless nafdac why u changing mouth na?
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Global2000: 11:07am On May 05, 2023
They will never understand what they consume on daily basis. How toxic that noodles is.

Angelfrost:
There is absolutely nothing safe about eating that junk!
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by MadamExcellency: 11:08am On May 05, 2023
Don't listen to NAFDAC, we need independent laboratories to confirm.

NAFDAC takes bribes like no other.
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by bigstillz: 11:09am On May 05, 2023
NAFDAC is more than credible enough to give Nigerians the much needed assurance they need. This your comment is for you and you alone
FireUpNow:
If NAFDAC like make dem proclaim ndomie to be safe. It's already goodbye forever to noodles!!
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by geladinho1(m): 11:12am On May 05, 2023
We are not eating indomie again. Let them reduce the prices first.
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Allisgud: 11:16am On May 05, 2023
Sebastine1994:
How did you guys come to this conclusion
indomie is costier than the better food u are eating
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Nobody: 11:16am On May 05, 2023
So, a sane person is supposed to believe that NAFDAC can conduct a test to detect carcinogenic substances ?

Or indomie simply played big money to them.
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Popeonah(m): 11:17am On May 05, 2023
[color=#770077][/color] lies... These people can lie. Who knows if they have been payed as usual. Anything can be bought in Nigeria. God save our children
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Torpedo23: 11:19am On May 05, 2023
I don't believe this Mojisola Adeyeye's NAFDAC one bit.
If this announcement. were coming from the Akunyili-led one, I for take am seriously.

God forbid my family eats that noodle thing again!!!
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by jayAjoku(m): 11:23am On May 05, 2023
mariovito:
Until someone takes it out of the country for laboratory analysis just like the fanta case in UK.

Imagine na akwobeghi beans maimai ana esi.

If Malaysia, a country with some standards discovered that their noodles is carcinogenic, what do you expect from a Nigeria?

Well, I i guess our noodles will remain "safe" as long as we didn't test them.
if they tell you the amount of unsafe substances you consume in a month in Nigeria that have global acceptance you will stick to only eating palm oil and soups even your cooking oil is contaminated with gasoline if you think I’m lying do some research
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by powerblaze(m): 11:23am On May 05, 2023
I don't think it is about what is banned from being imported. It's about the chemical discovered.
Are the raw materials not imported? The chemicals or whatever for the spices, are they not imported?

Why are they making this about an importation issue, rather than the agent discovered?
Have they done thorough checks in all the manufacturing plants to ensure the discovered agent in the noodles is not part of the raw materials brought in?

Unless everything it takes to produce the noodles is locally sourced, I don't see how this solves anything.
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by nairajotter: 11:25am On May 05, 2023
Our very own Twitter, no slander about Nairaland would be tolerated
Oluwaseunbandur:

What's so special about nairaland front page
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Nobody: 11:26am On May 05, 2023
This is fake news. NAFDAC never said so
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by FireUpNow(m): 11:27am On May 05, 2023
bigstillz:
NAFDAC is more than credible enough to give Nigerians the much needed assurance they need. This your comment is for you and you alone
Credible indeed and there are fake drugs everywhere in the country
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by 8stargeneral: 11:29am On May 05, 2023
Believing NAFDAC is like believing that tinubu won presidential
election

Why recycling the news

Since dora akwuyelu died,who's taking NAFDAC serious

Please avoid indomie for your own good
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by nairajotter: 11:30am On May 05, 2023
Don't get people confused o this a a confirmed news.
Aijeez:
This is fake news. NAFDAC never said so
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by mukthar2000(m): 11:30am On May 05, 2023
Indomin don suffer well well for una hand ooo, still God dey their side, I could remembered sometimes years back in Nigeria, their was a plan to kill indomin product for one new noodle company , blackmailed that the noodles was killing, but still indomin noodle still stand on their feet.
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Reference(m): 11:32am On May 05, 2023
kerry57:
Since Dora Akunyili left nafdac, the agency had severely gone south.
Imdomie manufacturered in Nig she said is safe to eat. How were they tested? I have followed this news from Taiwan and Malaysia keenly and I discovered that the ETO in question which is a carcinogen wasn't found in all the samples but in some samples of the pdt.which will have dare consequences on the org. Just like the case of Johnson and Johnson
Madam nafdac how did u arrive at this conclusion? Don't joke with people's lives. Remember where are in a country where we don't do autopsy on the dead except there is a police interest.
J

The same question I asked yesterday.
Where is the proof.
When was the last series of tests conducted on 'Indomie Nigeria' in the light of the Asian report particularly checking for the presence of carcinogens.
They know Nigerians will not ask for details because we should trust government with our lives and well-being.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Demurray: 11:38am On May 05, 2023
Trust whatever these people tell you in this country at your own risk.
As for me, I no kuku like nor consume processed junk talkless of giving my children.
Nigeria with Orisirisr

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by jubrilELsudan: 11:43am On May 05, 2023
BUNCH OF ODES

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by elonize(m): 11:44am On May 05, 2023
blaquebelle:
Safe when consumed under moderation, you mean ma'am.
_ Still too much sodium. 1 small pack gives over 70% of daily required sodium, talkless of when you consume hungry man size with complete seasoning. Very dangerous for hypertensive patients. Help yourself by reducing the seasoning or add taste naturally with crayfish and vegetables

_ The flavors that come with oil sachets have BHT and BHA antioxidants which can accumulate in the body and cause kidney issues. You can discard them instead and cut your normal onions.

_Preservatives added to the noodles itself can be harmful when consumed excessively. Parboiling may be helpful.

_Excessive amounts of saturated fats used in the dehydration process of some noodles. If you are avoiding obesity you might want to remove this one from your diet all together.

Well, I don't know if it makes me a hypocrite for preaching all these but still consuming noodles grin especially that onion flavor and jollof πŸ˜‹. It is well. In all things sha, moderation is key. Please don't make this a staple of your kids diet out of laziness and time saving. God will help all of us.

P.S: We have standard food test labs in this country too. I have worked in one. You don't have denigrate everything about your country πŸ™„ Let's be positive for once. I'm not disputing that the NAFDAC body has been negligent in key areas but let us not portray a worse off image than there is.
thanks u ...wow
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Demurray: 11:44am On May 05, 2023
bigstillz:
Credible wetin? I guess you are one of their staff who is afraid of losing your job if people shun indomie noodles.
Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Nobody: 11:47am On May 05, 2023
Can you share an interview or press release *signed by NAFDAC* where they stated so.
They said they were going to conduct tests and publish their results. This was 2 days ago.
nairajotter:
Don't get people confused o this a a confirmed news.
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Creamypie(m): 11:47am On May 05, 2023
Abeg no believe them oh. If Indonesia,a country known for standards no detect and immediately announce the recall of all their exported noodles, we for know nothing from na Nigeria noodles. They have been heavily bribed. In same way, avoid all energy drinks if u no want kidney failure
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by elonize(m): 11:47am On May 05, 2023
LeeSmart:
Lol immediately my wife hear say indomie noodles does causes cancer, na so she pack the remaining 3 catton of hungry man size go throw 4 dustbin.

she too fear sha....small news she don fearπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Well sha,I'm not a fan of indomie after d discovery of poison at uniben...kai.
Well sha,I dont see it as 1 big thing, na once once I dey eat am...
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Whitelion07(m): 11:48am On May 05, 2023
[quote author=blaquebelle post=122943153]Safe when consumed under moderation, you mean ma'am.
_ Still too much sodium. 1 small pack gives over 70% of daily required sodium, talkless of when you consume hungry man size with complete seasoning. Very dangerous for hypertensive patients. Help yourself by reducing the seasoning or add taste naturally with crayfish and vegetables

_ The flavors that come with oil sachets have BHT and BHA antioxidants which can accumulate in the body and cause kidney issues. You can discard them instead and cut your normal onions.

_Preservatives added to the noodles itself can be harmful when consumed excessively. Parboiling may be helpful.

_Excessive amounts of saturated fats used in the dehydration process of some noodles. If you are avoiding obesity you might want to remove this one from your diet all together.

Well, I don't know if it makes me a hypocrite for preaching all these but still consuming noodles grin especially that onion flavor and jollof πŸ˜‹. It is well. In all things sha, moderation is key. Please don't make this a staple of your kids diet out of laziness and time saving. God will help all of us.

P.S: We have standard food test labs in this country too. I have worked in one. You don't have denigrate everything about your country πŸ™„ Let's be positive for once. I'm not disputing that the NAFDAC body has been negligent in key areas but let us not portray a worse off image than there is.[/ after reading your post, I think avoiding that junk called indomie either made in Plato or in Nigeria is the best bet.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by elonize(m): 11:50am On May 05, 2023
jubrilELsudan:
BUNCH OF ODES
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚...y u dey mk me laugh
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by elonize(m): 11:52am On May 05, 2023
Nafdac is not a credible agency,na rubbish...
Well sha,even those agency abroad, they do their work but dem dey dey allow some poison o..cos of big bribe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blenders / Have Cake? Will Come / Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.