Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC (10417 Views)

Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles / Ghanaian Man On A Mission To Consume A Basin Of Food "Battling For His Life" / Top 5 Ways To Make Indomie Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by LeeSmart: 11:55am On May 05, 2023
elonize:
she too fear sha....small news she don fear
Well sha, I'm not a fan of indomie after d discovery of poison at uniben...kai.
Well sha,I dont see it as 1 big thing, na once once I dey eat am...
Baba i fit do 1month the chop noodles oo
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by vision2050: 11:59am On May 05, 2023
Let the price come down people will rush it.

Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Nobody: 11:59am On May 05, 2023
Same question I was asking. Countries that previously approved the noodle products for consumption conducted tests, found some bad things and banned it. Its because we are never serious in this country.
Reference:

The same question I asked yesterday.
Where is the proof.
When was the last series of tests conducted on 'Indomie Nigeria' in the light of the Asian report particularly checking for the presence of carcinogens.
They know Nigerians will not ask for details because we should trust government with our lives and well-being.

Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by favour32(m): 12:10pm On May 05, 2023
Produce your food if possible.
But if you can't, then, eat your known food.
Indomie is not a known food.
Most known foods are safe.
Nigeria food like
yams, potatoes,plantains,rice,beans, cocoyam,millet,corn, soybeans and others are very safe.

Do you know the processed materials of indomie?
The sodium content is extremely high and not safe for consumption.
The preservative is not good for health.
Generally,it is a junk food with no nutritional value.
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by bepositive11: 12:17pm On May 05, 2023
Thanks for telling us but is it possible for NAFDAC to be bribed?

blaquebelle:
Safe when consumed under moderation, you mean ma'am.
_ Still too much sodium. 1 small pack gives over 70% of daily required sodium, talkless of when you consume hungry man size with complete seasoning. Very dangerous for hypertensive patients. Help yourself by reducing the seasoning or add taste naturally with crayfish and vegetables

_ The flavors that come with oil sachets have BHT and BHA antioxidants which can accumulate in the body and cause kidney issues. You can discard them instead and cut your normal onions.

_Preservatives added to the noodles itself can be harmful when consumed excessively. Parboiling may be helpful.

_Excessive amounts of saturated fats used in the dehydration process of some noodles. If you are avoiding obesity you might want to remove this one from your diet all together.

Well, I don't know if it makes me a hypocrite for preaching all these but still consuming noodles grin especially that onion flavor and jollof 😋. It is well. In all things sha, moderation is key. Please don't make this a staple of your kids diet out of laziness and time saving. God will help all of us.

P.S: We have standard food test labs in this country too. I have worked in one. You don't have denigrate everything about your country 🙄 Let's be positive for once. I'm not disputing that the NAFDAC body has been negligent in key areas but let us not portray a worse off image than there is.
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by transient123(m): 12:23pm On May 05, 2023
More than enough to stay clear of noodles. Cancer rumours and indomie noodles have always been sesames twins for years .....

NAFDAC's express approval even Create more suspicion....hoping nothing has changed hands in the laboratory.
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by blaquebelle: 12:23pm On May 05, 2023
bepositive11:
Thanks for telling us but is it possible for NAFDAC to be bribed?

Well, on that issue, I will say that there are bad eggs in every sector of the country. The rot in the system is deep. That is why you might often hear people singing praises for Dora Akunyili because she did a lot to purge the system.

So, yes it may be possible for some staff to be induced by bribe but this indomie case is a high profile case with alot of scrutiny from the public, so I want to believe that they didn't cut corners in this situation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by R0LL0N(m): 12:47pm On May 05, 2023
Hmm Una already spoilt business for Amazon
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Zakarara(m): 1:40pm On May 05, 2023
Believe this pple at ur own peril. Indomie top management go don do their homework...
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by nairajotter: 3:11pm On May 05, 2023
The message is quite clear and simple, importation of instant noodles has been banned long ago, the news scare is simply because almost the same name applies. Nigerians really just like to make a mountain out of an ant hill, the US have the FDA and the hold them in high esteem but trust Nigerians to make a mess out of our own NAFDAC's validation message.
Estello:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/nigerian-indomie-noodles-safe-to-consume-%e2%80%95-nafdac/
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by nairajotter: 3:16pm On May 05, 2023
You really believe the same NAFDAC that destroys fake or substandard drugs worth billions of naira would actually now put the lives of Nigerians at risk by putting out a fake claim for the satisfaction of a few? haba, you know that is not possible.
Zakarara:
Believe this pple at ur own peril. Indomie top management go don do their homework...
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by elonize(m): 3:47pm On May 05, 2023
LeeSmart:

run o...wen u go eye hospitals n ask doctors abt eye problems frm indomie,u go hide
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Jamisilatest: 3:47pm On May 05, 2023
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has refuted reports making the rounds online that it has banned Indomie Instant Noodles assuring Nigerians of their safety while consuming the locally produced Indomie Instant Noodles. The regulatory body said on Monday through its Director-General, Prof Mrs Mojisola Adeyeye.
https://proshare.co/articles/nigerians-are-safe-to-consume-locally-produced-indomie-instant-noodles?menu=Business&classification=Read&category=Products%20%26%20Services
[quote author=Whitelion07 post=122944223][/quote]
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Jamisilatest: 3:49pm On May 05, 2023
https://proshare.co/articles/nigerians-are-safe-to-consume-locally-produced-indomie-instant-noodles?menu=Business&classification=Read&category=Products%20%26%20Services
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has refuted reports making the rounds online that it has banned Indomie Instant Noodles assuring Nigerians of their safety while consuming the locally produced Indomie Instant Noodles. The regulatory body said on Monday through its Director-General, Prof Mrs Mojisola Adeyeye.

LeeSmart:

Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Tonytonex(m): 3:56pm On May 05, 2023
Estello:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/nigerian-indomie-noodles-safe-to-consume-%e2%80%95-nafdac/
make una dey deceive the gullibles . Indomie is not that healthy. Na junk. Too much of it go make your BP high.
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Maliqcious: 5:01pm On May 05, 2023
blaquebelle:
Safe when consumed under moderation, you mean ma'am.
_ Still too much sodium. 1 small pack gives over 70% of daily required sodium, talkless of when you consume hungry man size with complete seasoning. Very dangerous for hypertensive patients. Help yourself by reducing the seasoning or add taste naturally with crayfish and vegetables

_ The flavors that come with oil sachets have BHT and BHA antioxidants which can accumulate in the body and cause kidney issues. You can discard them instead and cut your normal onions.

_Preservatives added to the noodles itself can be harmful when consumed excessively. Parboiling may be helpful.

_Excessive amounts of saturated fats used in the dehydration process of some noodles. If you are avoiding obesity you might want to remove this one from your diet all together.

Well, I don't know if it makes me a hypocrite for preaching all these but still consuming noodles grin especially that onion flavor and jollof 😋. It is well. In all things sha, moderation is key. Please don't make this a staple of your kids diet out of laziness and time saving. God will help all of us.

P.S: We have standard food test labs in this country too. I have worked in one. You don't have denigrate everything about your country 🙄 Let's be positive for once. I'm not disputing that the NAFDAC body has been negligent in key areas but let us not portray a worse off image than there is.
can I chat with you in private? It has a lot to do with my health here is WhatsApp number 08066895593
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by Fantazy(m): 5:12pm On May 05, 2023
Something wey no dey belleful person
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by blaquebelle: 6:04pm On May 05, 2023
Maliqcious:
can I chat with you in private? It has a lot to do with my health here is WhatsApp number 08066895593
I would love to help but I think you should approach a medical doctor instead, as I am not one. I am a food scientist/ nutritionist in the making.
Re: Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC by yemi1504: 6:37pm On May 05, 2023
Estello:

Great news as that is my Sunday morning food.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are U Obsessed Or Addicted With INDOMIE / This Is How To Prepare Chapman Drink / Kefee Opens Own Restaurant, Calls It Branama Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.