Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term (45946 Views)

Argentina VP Kirchner Sentenced To Six Years Jail Term Over Fraud / Nicolas Sarkozy Gets 1-year Jail Term For Illegal Campaign Financing / Brazilian Ex-President, Lula, Surrenders To Police, Begins 12-year Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by pacificom: 3:59pm On May 05, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

Very Good Judgement!!
Ekweremadu will meet many of his brother in prison. They were jailed for trafficking drugs, scams, prostitution etc.
See u Eke, in the next 9 years.
9 fucking years with hard labour. Britain seem to be the destination for lawless Nigerian politicians to pay a worthy price for their sins.

1 Like

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Espelbengz(m): 4:00pm On May 05, 2023
Tribunal issue is btw the wealthy, e no concern poor people, it will still go to the wire! But Tinubu go still win😉

Winters23:
shocked

Can we just transfer the tribunal case to UK?

grin
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by SIRTee15: 4:00pm On May 05, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
why do I feel this case is overflogged and the sentencing non-reflective of actual crime?

Most Nigerians are only happy because Ekweremadu is a 'looting politician' and not necessarily because of the 'crime' he commited

the guy is not a minor,he know fully well he his to donate a kidney, the issue is claiming he's their family when he's not

Organ trafficking is a serious crime in most countries.in the world. Dont go about breaking other people's law and then turn around to say the punishment is too harsh.
Instead sit your butt in your own country, develop it and run it as you like.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Karemarealty288(m): 4:00pm On May 05, 2023
No conjugal visit for both..........mennnnnnn
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by InvertedHammer: 4:02pm On May 05, 2023
maureensylvia:
Oh well!

If it's in Nigeria, I'm pretty sure this case would have been forgotten a longtime... Even the letters up and down from Obasanjo and co couldn't save him.

Justice well served
I pity the young sick lady she might even commit suicide with all these terrible saga happening around her.

Nigerian government should borrow a leaf from British Government.

Check out my signature shaa

/
Don't forget the naked old women they would have hired to come and wail in protest in front of the court.

/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Raylight2(m): 4:03pm On May 05, 2023
Hushpuppi show welcome them back.
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by detectivejones: 4:04pm On May 05, 2023
May the same fate meet his ilks
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by GeneralPula: 4:05pm On May 05, 2023
The man said he had been recruited by a doctor working for the politician and had thought he was coming to the UK to work.

He only realised it was for a kidney transplant when he was taken to London’s Royal Free Hospital last year, the court was told.

He fled and slept on the streets for three days after doctors there told him he would not be a suitable donor following preliminary tests.

He eventually walked into a police station last May and said he was “looking for someone to save my life”, the court heard.

If this is the real truth, then Ekweremadu goofed.

1 Like

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Timmi: 4:07pm On May 05, 2023
Rayban25:
If Nigeria wasnt a zoo tinubu will be picking up soap in prison

Who asked you or your father, typical obizombie
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by obaidan: 4:09pm On May 05, 2023
The report says the boy was recruited by a doctor working for ekweremadu to come work in UK. People having pity on ekweremadu for wanting to exchange another person's kidney with his daughter's , are more evil than ekweremadu himself. This is ekweremadu with over 40 houses in Abuja, lagos, east, UK, Dubai. But let's even say oya let d transaction happen UK government lookaway, u want to buy kidney from a boy without consent of his parent for less than10million naira. Sonia's handbags and wristwatches cost more than 10million. But u want to give her new kidneys so she can live and the donor na less than 10millon naira e deserve, d generator for him house no pass 10million naira? The prostitutes he's carrying up and down in Abuja are buying houses from what they make from him, but who wan give ur daughter organ, na 8kpounds u think say e deserve...u should be giving the guy blank cheque but NO u political class are used to taking advantage of people

4 Likes

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Timmi: 4:09pm On May 05, 2023
Quality20:
What is then d use of those Igbo organizations, including ohaneze

Tell us, what would they have done.

1 Like

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by MasterTeeUSA: 4:09pm On May 05, 2023
The fact that the sentencing guideline came out days ago before the day of sentencing is the biggest story here...UK has leaks in their judicial system. I am actually very surprised to see that, and the purported sentencing matched what was actually handed out to the defendant.

Odewaleadesoye:

VANGUARD
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Timmi: 4:11pm On May 05, 2023
Antipob777:
I repeat this is witch hunting. The Nigerian govt must as a matter of urgency shutdown all British business in Nigeria and cut off diplomatic tiers with the UK.

There is no justice here knowing the boy played smart on Ekwerenmadu.

I condemn this conviction, I condemn it, I condemn it.

Please take your complain and wailings to the UK court. Nigeria and Nigerian government have nothing to do with the case nor the outcome.
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by blowjohn(m): 4:11pm On May 05, 2023
Wud UK do same if they were American citizens?

There is something about this trial that doesn't seem right.

This is the first of such a case in the hsitory of the UK.

The guys organs were not takes after all.

I have a feeling the sentencing was politicized
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Nwaotu10(m): 4:11pm On May 05, 2023
This man should be sentenced to death by hanging!
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by ribbit: 4:11pm On May 05, 2023
Ykc2:
are fulani bandits not killing people all over nigeria?or you want to defend them?
and that makes it okay to become lawless too yeah?
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Almunjid(m): 4:12pm On May 05, 2023
The West and hypocrisy are like 5 and 6. If na divorce, the wife is entitled to 50% of his property (50/50), but if na crime they committed together the wife gets half of her husband's punishment or sentence (100/50).
God punish the West for their hypocrisy. Worthless Simps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by obaidan: 4:13pm On May 05, 2023
GeneralPula:

If this is the real truth, then Ekweremadu goofed.
Na to cut cost kill am.....d same way they reduce cost of actual execution so they can have bigger kickbacks on contract....e dun go cut cost for kidney ....everything dun burst....kidney sales market dey operate confam but pay good money but e wan buy kidney for 8k pounds....if ekweremadu buy 8k pounds car for Sonia as birthday gift, Sonia go tell am daddy u don't love me...a whole kidney e wan pay 8k pounds and expect things to go smoothly....people wey dey pay 30 to 50m naira na mumu dem be?

3 Likes

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by jojothaiv(m): 4:14pm On May 05, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
Assuming the case was done in Nigeria, I am so sure that Ike Ekweremadu and his wife will go scot-free while the boy will be punished or even killed.

I continually ask myself this question:

Can justice really prevail in Nigeria?

Once you have enough money in Nigeria, you can even kill and no one will question you.

Nigeria shall be great again.
Amen
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by lawrenzooo: 4:15pm On May 05, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
offer whatever they can if free donor is not comming forth

Well in UK offering whatever you can offer for an organ is an offence and that was what ekweremadu was sentenced for.
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by kiddkash(m): 4:15pm On May 05, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
Assuming the case was done in Nigeria, I am so sure that Ike Ekweremadu and his wife will go scot-free while the boy will be punished or even killed.

Once you have enough money in Nigeria, you can even kill and no one will question you.

Corruption is holding our balls strongly
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by airsaylongcome: 4:15pm On May 05, 2023
Man is looking at 5years minimum and a lifetime record. Sad
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Obito555(m): 4:16pm On May 05, 2023
Karma!!!
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Akharmony: 4:16pm On May 05, 2023
Uk no send you Oo. Who ever you b once you breach there law them go charge you straight. .
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by tuns486(m): 4:16pm On May 05, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:

VANGUARD

This is the system that works.

*The system that listens to the voice of the less privilege.

*System that does not turn down the request of the helplessness
*And the system that treats everyone equally regardless of your status or power.

1 Like

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Fortruth: 4:17pm On May 05, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:

When has Nigeria ever been great when even your papa dem are Oder than “Nigeria”….

You were created by British people as slaves…… dem still collect your resources till date and Tina Salvage go prostrate for the Saturday LOL
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Timmi: 4:17pm On May 05, 2023
Ykc2:
are fulani bandits not killing people all over nigeria?or you want to defend them?

You completely missed the point intentionally. He is not talking about the Fulani herdsmen but used that as an example.
Learn to read and comprehend
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by israelmao(m): 4:17pm On May 05, 2023
Justice was allowed to take its course while many are still romancing with a Drug lord in Nigeria who they desire as president.
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Adakintroy: 4:18pm On May 05, 2023
Some idiots female will come and tell you how stupid men are. Here is a man taking the fall for her daughter. In some sense he is a hero. You either mock him or praise him. But one thing I know is many of us will do same for our love ones. Not minding the other person. He was wrong yes. But it was love for his daughter. So try appreciate what men do and fathers as well. Cuz only god know the trouble men have enter because of their love ones.

As for the judge let that man out!. The daughter is already deing that's trauma enough. Now the father is in jail. You are not allowed to compound issue..just cut him loss with warning and compensation the young boy. Love make us act wrong at times. Look at the deing daughter. Not the man.

Allocutus#
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by kpompey: 4:19pm On May 05, 2023
didroon43:
I'm very happy for this decision. If it was here in Nigeria, Ekeremadu would have won the case and thrown party to get support from his cronies and shun the haters.

But thank God for white people and the UK.
Ipob, biafrans and their wickedness. They want to harvest kidney of a vulnerable Lagos boy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

King Of England To Be Known As King Charles III / Paul Mackenzie Nthenge Told Followers To Starve Themselves, At Least 21 Dead / BREAKING!!..Trump Pulls Out Of Nuclear Deal With Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.