Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term (45939 Views)

Argentina VP Kirchner Sentenced To Six Years Jail Term Over Fraud / Nicolas Sarkozy Gets 1-year Jail Term For Illegal Campaign Financing / Brazilian Ex-President, Lula, Surrenders To Police, Begins 12-year Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Abemy(m): 4:19pm On May 05, 2023
Handle the fault of others as gentle as yours.

My thoughts are with the Ekweremadus.

1 Like

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Mummyimbecile(m): 4:21pm On May 05, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
Assuming the case was done in Nigeria, I am so sure that Ike Ekweremadu and his wife will go scot-free while the boy will be punished or even killed.

I continually ask myself this question:

Can justice really prevail in Nigeria?

Once you have enough money in Nigeria, you can even kill and no one will question you.

Nigeria shall be great again.
that Nigeria for you bro.

Over here in the West, the law does not respect anyone...whether you're rich or your poor. Once you do the crime, you do the time.

You can't use money to buy your way out. The system here is so strong.

2 Likes

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by sageb: 4:22pm On May 05, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:

VANGUARD

Quite revealing
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by allthingsgood: 4:23pm On May 05, 2023
My take from this whole thing is that the victim just played Ekweremadu, because he knew they were desperate. All those coming here to throw insult should wait till their loved one is terminally ill and you have the means to save the person. what would u do The so called victim cant convince me that he never knew what he was getting into. The story says it all: They promised him #7000 but when he turned out not to be a match he decided to blackmail the Ekweremadus. For me the sentence is too much. Uk just wanted to use the Ekweremadus to shine and catch cruise
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by GeneralPula: 4:23pm On May 05, 2023
obaidan:

Na to cut cost kill am.....d same way they reduce cost of actual execution so they can have bigger kickbacks on contract....e dun go cut cost for kidney ....everything dun burst....kidney sales market dey operate confam but pay good money but e wan buy kidney for 8k pounds....if ekweremadu buy 8k pounds car for Sonia as birthday gift, Sonia go tell am daddy u don't love me...a whole kidney e wan pay 8k pounds and expect things to go smoothly....people wey dey pay 30 to 50m naira na mumu dem be?
Infact, it’s unbelievable..

Greediness is not good..

If he offers the boy 50m naira, the boy would have accepted it..

1 Like

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by NaBanga: 4:23pm On May 05, 2023
So the people that bought, sold and tortured slaves, are now convicting the slave on buying slaves. This life! undecided
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by kpompey: 4:24pm On May 05, 2023
Henadih:
Nice one. Serve them right. since London and America de sweet them. A country where Justice is Justice. Before it was James Ibori Now It is Ekweremadu. Next will be Festus Keyamu and Tinubu's Son and Associates. #Peter Obi is coming. Nigeria will be great again
They don sow Peter Obi cloth already.Wait and see, na UK prison in go clock 70.Drug guru Peter Obi.
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by allthingsgood: 4:26pm On May 05, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
that Nigeria for you bro.

Over here in the West, the law does not respect anyone...whether you're rich or your poor. Once you do the crime, you do the time.

You can't use money to buy your way out. The system here is so strong.

Bullcrap. Thats the bullcrap they feed u guys. How come 90% of people in jail are black and poor Wake up. Jail is for black and or poor people
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Eriokanmi: 4:27pm On May 05, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
Assuming the case was done in Nigeria, I am so sure that Ike Ekweremadu and his wife will go scot-free while the boy will be punished or even killed.

Once you have enough money in Nigeria, you can even kill and no one will question you.

A good reason tinubu must be punished alongside all those who committed for electoral crime. Ekweremadu is facing katma. Nigeria shall be great again
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by pacificom: 4:27pm On May 05, 2023
Doing evil is like investing in a daily contribution. One day you will reap what you sow, and on that day you will pay the ultimate price for all your acts.
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by rapwizzy(m): 4:28pm On May 05, 2023
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Newnas(m): 4:31pm On May 05, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:

Case, you say?
There wouldn't even have been a case in the first place.

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by mankan2k7(m): 4:32pm On May 05, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
why do I feel this case is overflogged and the sentencing non-reflective of actual crime?

Most Nigerians are only happy because Ekweremadu is a 'looting politician' and not necessarily because of the 'crime' he commited

the guy is not a minor,he know fully well he his to donate a kidney, the issue is claiming he's their family when he's not

this is what 'most' parent will have naturally do, they will offer whatever they can if free donor is not comming forth

A typical Nigerian,
Judges don't just sentence in saner climes, they look critically into the case and they can neither be bought.
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Mummyimbecile(m): 4:33pm On May 05, 2023
ribbit:
lol

There can never be justice for the rich politician in Nigeria if that's what you are asking.

Nigeria is not a country but almagamation of interest.

Ekeremadu will suddenly start wearing ezeagu to court and his kinsmen will start crying witch hunt and reminding us how fulani herdsmen have been killing people and no one is doing anything about it.

Then after dragging the case endlessly for years, federal government will drop it because ekeremadu has decided to play ball.
Then the boy will likely have been killed for calling the cops on the ever loving senator that only wanted to harvest his organ for paltry sum.

Then that will be the end of it.

If you keep believing that Nigeria will be great under this type of arrangement, you are just being delusional..
I have said it before, and I will say it again, anyone that thinks that a man made country like Nigeria will be good someday, that person urgently needs to visit a psychiatric home.

Most of them calling one Nigeria, I am a Nigerian, we must defend Nigeria don't even know how their backward country came into existence.

So pathetic, if Ekweremadu wasn't arrested in the UK, if it were in Nigeria, by now, he would have been in the red chamber drinking expensive wine and shouting "I and nay". And the poor boy he wanted to harvest his organ would have been locked up and forgotten.

But the white man is not like the evil black man, see how the served him breakfast. And his colleagues in the foolishness of their hopelessness had the effrontery to write letter asking for mercy to tamper with justice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Larryndelaw: 4:33pm On May 05, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
why do I feel this case is overflogged and the sentencing non-reflective of actual crime?

Most Nigerians are only happy because Ekweremadu is a 'looting politician' and not necessarily because of the 'crime' he commited

the guy is not a minor,he know fully well he his to donate a kidney, the issue is claiming he's their family when he's not

this is what 'most' parent will have naturally do, they will offer whatever they can if free donor is not comming forth
It seems you did not follow these case from the beginning to the end. Otherwise you won't be writing like these. The case is against him from the beginning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Felix6: 4:34pm On May 05, 2023
Winters23:
shocked

Can we just transfer the tribunal case to UK?

grin
Comrade! Comrade!! Comrade!!! How many times did I call you? Vawulence can not be destroyed nor transferred.
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by PROPEACE: 4:39pm On May 05, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

It is not a matter of being minor or not, civilised countries like UK regard poor people as vulnerable members of society that can be exploited by the rich. They try to protect their vulnerable poor unlike your country where any goat that acquires small money can kill anyone and get away with it.

2 Likes

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by ItisWell22(f): 4:39pm On May 05, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:

Who for even start the case? 😢
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by gbishman: 4:42pm On May 05, 2023
Congratulations once again to Britain and Britons for this landmark victory.
Once again its imperative to note that no individual despite his or her political status and affliation feels above the law. Human slavery and trafficking remains a despicable act and should be fought against.
My prayer to the UK government to secure the life of that boy.
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by simply22: 4:43pm On May 05, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:

The simple answer is: Yes, justice can prevail in Nigeria.

The reason why justice has not been prevailing in Nigeria is because of the people.
In Nigeria, people worship money and that is why every body wants to kill themselves to be
in politics so that they can have and stash away huge amount of money they don't work for.

1 Like

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by emilo2bad: 4:44pm On May 05, 2023
Rayban25:
If Nigeria wasnt a zoo tinubu will be picking up soap in prison
Yesoooo even Peter Obi suppose to be eating watering beans in prison
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Johnn44: 4:44pm On May 05, 2023
undecided
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Mummyimbecile(m): 4:44pm On May 05, 2023
allthingsgood:

Bullcrap. That's the bullcrap they feed u guys. How come 90% of people in jail are black and poor Wake up. Jail is for black and or poor people
lol, how did you come up with the statistics that 90% of people in jail are black and poor?

Well, I don't know which Western country you reside in. But here in the United States where I live, the State of Vermont to be precise, I can tell you that there are whites in prison too.

The fact is you're wrong in your Statistics.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by geoworldedu: 4:44pm On May 05, 2023
maureensylvia:
Oh well!

If it's in Nigeria, I'm pretty sure this case would have been forgotten a longtime... Even the letters up and down from Obasanjo and co couldn't save him.

Justice well served
I pity the young sick lady she might even commit suicide with all these terrible saga happening around her.

Nigerian government should borrow a leaf from British Government.

Check out my signature shaa
How many rich Nigerian kids have committed suicide?
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Aliftedmusic: 4:49pm On May 05, 2023
Ekweremadu should enjoy UK prison while it lasts. Enjoy the food, schooling, Church, Im based in UK if he needs help

Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by bergs2: 4:51pm On May 05, 2023
I have a premonition that this boy in question might be related to the senator somehow.
And someone had contacted the senator to help a certain distant relative (the boy) who is struggling in Lagos. But as usual, the senator declined to offer any sort of help to this boy; an action the boy harboured in his heart. And boom! Fast forward to 2022, the senator needed a donor, he remembers a certain boy needed help so desperately and could do anything for assistance, so he was called up at the negotiation table.

Senator: I have a daughter who is sick,
Boy: yes senator
Senator: and she is very very sick; you know you are my (says whatever and however they are related)
Boy: yes sir, I even told (one uncle) to ask for your help last 4 years........
Senator cuts in: yeah, yeah, yeah..... Now is the time to give you grace
Boy falls to the ground: yes, uncle........
Senator: I want to take you to the UK, do you have an Int'l passport
Boy: Sir, where will I even get that one?
Senator, dials the number of Nigerian High Commissioner to the UK: Please my brother, help me contact your visas office tomorrow, I want to take one of my boys to the UK to change his life.
Commissioner: Ok sir
Senator to the boy: don't worry, God has remembered you, once we return from this trip, I will give you 10million naira.
Boy: what!!!!!

This must have somehow transpired between the "Big man" and a certain "distant relation".
Luckily for the boy, luck ran out of the Senator, because he had planned to cut his two kidneys, dump his corpse in the UK, and tells his people, that he ran away over there.

The moral of this story is that, the person you abuse today thinking that you have the power and might to do what you like, will haunt not just you, but the entirety of all that's left of you.
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 05, 2023
cool I hope President Buhari would be kind to talk to King Charles to repatriate them back to Nigeria, only God knows why they received this kind of conviction. Shey the don't appeal conviction in the U.K .
This British people sef na so they use style wan sieze Abrahamovic assets, Chelsea no come dey sweet me again.
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by Litmus: 4:52pm On May 05, 2023
All in the name of punishing elites, Nigerians endorsing racism.
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by OBTOREPA(m): 4:53pm On May 05, 2023
DrAda:
Justice served

During the weeks-long trial, the 21-year-old victim from Lagos, who cannot be named for legal reasons, testified that the Ekweremadus had flown him to Britain to harvest his kidney.

The kidney was said to be intended for Sonia, who remains on dialysis with a renal condition, in return for up to £7,000 ($8,800).
The deal is the said amount yet the boy claimed that he's not aware, they only want to take him abroad and dash him £7000. Really.
That boy is a yahoo guy and should be jailed also
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by thedio(m): 4:53pm On May 05, 2023
God is Wonderful
Re: Everything To Know About Ekweremadu, Wife Jail Term by DrAda(f): 4:55pm On May 05, 2023
OBTOREPA:

During the weeks-long trial, the 21-year-old victim from Lagos, who cannot be named for legal reasons, testified that the Ekweremadus had flown him to Britain to harvest his kidney.

The kidney was said to be intended for Sonia, who remains on dialysis with a renal condition, in return for up to £7,000 ($8,800).
The deal is the said amount yet the boy claimed that he's not aware, they only want to take him abroad and dash him £7000. Really.
That boy is a yahoo guy and should be jailed also

Dont hate the player...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

King Of England To Be Known As King Charles III / Paul Mackenzie Nthenge Told Followers To Starve Themselves, At Least 21 Dead / Senegal: Faye To Be Announced Winner As Opposition Parties Concede Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.