Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,656 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick (1899 Views)

This Is How To Dress For Your Husband, Even When You're Nursing A Baby / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable / Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by Dainy1(m): 7:35pm On May 05, 2023
Will you retaliate or how can you handle a situation where by you and your partner live together under the same roof, but each time you fall sick, you're always alone, she/he pay deaf ears to you? You drive a long distant in middle of the night all alone to get to the hospital for urgent treatment, yet no single remorse from your partner.

How do you handle such situations?
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by Stevenbright(m): 8:00pm On May 05, 2023
Dainy1:
Will you retaliate or how can you handle a situation where by you and your partner live together under the same roof, but each time you fall sick, you're always alone, she/he pay deaf ears to you? You drive a long distant in middle of the night all alone to get to the hospital for urgent treatment, yet no single remorse from your partner.

Is that one a partner?

You honestly don't have a partner....!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by Kobojunkiee: 8:06pm On May 05, 2023
Dainy1:
â– Will you retaliate or how can you handle a situation where by you and your partner live together under the same roof, but each time you fall sick, you're always alone, she/he pay deaf ears to you? You drive a long distant in middle of the night all alone to get to the hospital for urgent treatment, yet no single remorse from your partner. How do you handle such situations?
Find you a new partner who will care enough to drive you to the hospital or care for you. No need to retaliate at all since clearly you are the one who has a need for a partner who does all those things for you, and maybe not the other one. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by Foodqueen(f): 8:17pm On May 05, 2023
U are in that marriage alone.

How wicked can people be.

5 Likes

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by frozen70(f): 8:18pm On May 05, 2023
Dainy1:

The question should be, what are you still doing living with such a devil

4 Likes

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by fyzaila: 8:41pm On May 05, 2023
No any atom of love that partner has for you. You married yourself alone. See even though you had a quarrel with someone you love, you will forget that quarrel and care 4 the person after recovery you can choose to revisit the quarrel grin

3 Likes

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 05, 2023
I'll wait for him to get sick and give him a taste of his own medicine.

I'll then explain to him later why I did what I did.
Dainy1:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by LilleG(m): 8:59pm On May 05, 2023
fyzaila:
No any atom of love that partner has for you. You married yourself alone. See even though you had a quarrel with someone you love, you will forget that quarrel and care 4 the person after recovery you can choose to revisit the quarrel grin
Yes now. They just enemies living together
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by Dainy1(m): 9:17pm On May 05, 2023
Just thinking about the Children. Divorce may affect them.
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by Tayorshd87: 9:20pm On May 05, 2023
You are actually living in that house alone and u are seeing a prototype of your old age suffering now 😢

Pray to God for a new loving partner

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by JeffreyJunior: 10:49pm On May 05, 2023
Dude, you ain't got no partner.

She is just your roommate.😄

5 Likes

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by JeffreyJunior: 10:55pm On May 05, 2023
Dainy1:
Just thinking about the Children. Divorce may affect them.
Yea, you're right.

When kids are in the mix, I encourage divorce only when serious physical or extreme emotional abuse is involved.

In your case, I haven't seen a reason for divorce unless you're not telling it all.

You may just need to have heart to heart talk with her a d hope for the best.

Shalom.
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by mrblessed(m): 4:57am On May 06, 2023
She can't just ignore you like that in a great moment of need. Her action shows there is no love lost in your union.
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by helinues: 5:06am On May 06, 2023
Why should you refer to such person as your partner? Abi SE partner don get new meaning ni?

1 Like

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by abimcdssi: 6:43am On May 06, 2023
JeffreyJunior:

Some roommates are caring.
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by DarlingtonC: 11:00am On May 06, 2023
Is this a joke?

When you say partner, are you saying boyfriend or girlfriend or married spouse?

Clarify before I say what I want to say
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by Oizee(f): 11:40am On May 06, 2023
JeffreyJunior:

no matter what, roommate won't behave this way, when she's scared of u not dying on her.
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by pocohantas(f): 1:57pm On May 06, 2023
Dainy1:

I have never met one person with this attitude that is genuinely remorseful. They would defend, gaslight, but never apologise genuinely. I have to give them that. They don't see it as a big deal, but they can be nice when they want to and also very good at playing victim when necessary. Manage am as you done enter. Hopefully it doesn't escalate to violence or resentment. Some people hate their partners o. If you get mind, you fit do your own back. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 06, 2023
Samantha124:

Seconded

Some people need to have a feel of what they dish out before they can understand.
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by ahnie: 2:19pm On May 06, 2023
I have experience it several times ,at some point it generally killed my feelings for him,infact it got better 2019 when cholera was at its ravaging peak and both kids were victims,he refused following me to the hospital at 1 a.m,I had to strapped one kid at my back and the other on my shoulder and ran like a mad woman to the hospital, because I knew if I wasted any time,I would loss both kids and oga was busy sleeping at home.how he slept comfortably that night still baffles me,all thru the duration they spent there he only showed up one time and was busy fighting the nurses.

Until I ran him street in my own way and everything changed,today if he notices a single come coughing from me,he gets jittery and clamour for me to be treated.

What changed the narrative.....he had an episode one night,and he was about dying,I sat there looking at him,he was pleading to use my left over drugs.

Omo I sat tight watching him.....at that point he understood how I felt those while he was misbehaving to me healthwise,before he pleaded n I gave him the drugs.

See sometimes you need to serve people bitter pills,make dem know say....water wey touch preek,must touch blokus.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by pocohantas(f): 2:36pm On May 06, 2023
ahnie:
I have experience it several times ,

Please what do they usually have in mind when they do this? Did you ever ask?
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by descarado: 3:32pm On May 06, 2023
What are you doing with such a person?
Them take super glue hold your nyash?
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by Dainy1(m): 3:39pm On May 06, 2023
ahnie:
I have experience it several times ,at some point it generally killed my feelings for him,infact it got better 2019 when cholera was at its ravaging peak and both kids were victims,he refused following me to the hospital at 1 a.m,I had to strapped one kid at my back and the other on my shoulder and ran like a mad woman to the hospital, because I knew if I wasted any time,I would loss both kids and oga was busy sleeping at home.how he slept comfortably that night still baffles me,all thru the duration they spent there he only showed up one time and was busy fighting the nurses.

Until I ran him street in my own way and everything changed,today if he notices a single come coughing from me,he gets jittery and clamour for me to be treated.

What changed the narrative.....he had an episode one night,and he was about dying,I sat there looking at him,he was pleading to use my left over drugs.

Omo I sat tight watching him.....at that point he understood how I felt those while he was misbehaving to me healthwise,before he pleaded n I gave him the drugs.

See sometimes you need to serve people bitter pills,make dem know say....water wey touch preek,must touch blokus.
Wao.
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by Dainy1(m): 3:39pm On May 06, 2023
descarado:
What are you doing with such a person?
Them take super glue hold your nyash?
The two kids
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by descarado: 3:40pm On May 06, 2023
Samantha124:

Wait for him?
And if he is among those who hardly gets sick?
You will continue waiting.

There are a lot of thing I can tolerate in a relationship but when it comes to sickness and stone cold attitude when a partner is sick, I have a phobia for it. If I am still in that relationship, it's 100% loveless and I'm there to make your life hell.
Who jokes with health?

Even enemies reconcile during sickness and after sickness can decide to continue being enemies or not.

1 Like

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by Dainy1(m): 3:40pm On May 06, 2023
pocohantas:

Exactly my thought.
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by Dainy1(m): 3:42pm On May 06, 2023
DarlingtonC:
Is this a joke?

When you say partner, are you saying boyfriend or girlfriend or married spouse?

Clarify before I say what I want to say
Husband and wife
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by descarado: 3:47pm On May 06, 2023
Dainy1:
The two kids
So because you have 2 kids with him, you will continue to be with somebody who don't value you at all?

U will now chose to live your life for your kids. Fastforward to when they are ready to settle down, you become the nagging and controlling MIL.

You will end up emotionally blackmailing your son any opportunity you get and your son will end up like those haters of women outside their mum type of guys we have here.
And guess what, he will end up like his dad. Go and do proper research on ladies staying in marriage cos of kids and the effect it has on those kids after.

Unless you have forgiven him and he has changed, don't ever say its for the kids cos you will stiffle and emotionally damage them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by descarado: 3:48pm On May 06, 2023
ahnie:

Hmmm.
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by ahnie: 4:00pm On May 06, 2023
pocohantas:

I think it has to do more with upbringing..
That's the only thing I could come up with.

Like how a grown man would watch a kid that's sick and wait till it gets complicated,he said and I quote,from where I come from we don't just rush kids to the hospital,we observe them very well .

I was like...how the fuvk do you expect a child less than 4years express herself and tell you her symptoms cheesy cheesy cheesy.

I was like....I nor dey birth kids wey I go bury,and where I come from,we act immediately whenever we noticed anything cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Had it bn I didn't acted the way I did that morning, that's how I would have lost 2 kids just like that that nyt,and thankfully I used a govt hospital and didn't pay shishi.

So you see it's 2 different people with entirely different orientation and thinking.
Anyways it's all in the past now,

4 Likes

Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by pocohantas(f): 4:19pm On May 06, 2023
descarado:

Wait for him?

There are a lot of thing I can tolerate in a relationship but when it comes to sickness and stone cold attitude when a partner is sick, I have a phobia for it. If I am still in that relationship, it's 100% loveless and I'm there to make your life hell. Who jokes with health?

Perfectly captured.

Even enemies reconcile during sickness and after sickness can decide to continue being enemies or not.

Exactly!!! Even during wars, they pause and allow food pass!
Re: Your Partner Ignore You When You're Very Sick by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:42pm On May 06, 2023
descarado:

Wait for him?

There are a lot of thing I can tolerate in a relationship but when it comes to sickness and stone cold attitude when a partner is sick, I have a phobia for it. If I am still in that relationship, it's 100% loveless and I'm there to make your life hell.
Who jokes with health?

Why did you assume the Op is a woman and the culprit a man??

You guys are simply horrible and despicable

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? / Don't Show Her Too Much Love Cos She Might Disrespect You: / The Meaning Of Mimisola?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.