Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) (19525 Views)

Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume / Femi Fani-Kayode: 'Godswill Akpabio Is A Coward And A Slave' / Why Akpabio Is Threatening To Leave PDP – Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by prof22(m): 9:26am On May 06, 2023
Since it is your question, you can humbly answer it.
HenryThegreat1:
Akpabio is facing billions of naira corruption charges with EFCC.
My question begging for answer is, will Akpabio make any law to strengthen institutions in Nigeria. Be it INEC’s, EFCC, icpc, etc?
For those wasting their time praying for betterment of Nigeria, Goodluck to you guys.
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Burob: 9:26am On May 06, 2023
BossLA:

Sense far from u
Go and read about Rwanda, Zambia, Libya before the death of Gadaffi etc

What Nigeria need is a good and responsible president.
If we can get the head right, every other thing will fall in place naturally.
The countries you mentioned are basically 1 party states, where one party has been in power for over 20 years, Nigeria’s own unique democracy is multi faceted.

Quite obvious that You don’t know much, why compare apples with oranges, just because they are both fruits?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Goodman2023: 9:27am On May 06, 2023
Lithiumite:

It's not a presidential appointment. The endorsement of the would be president is great mileage for any contender......the whole country are so upbeat and hopeful of a renewed Nigeria though we know it can't be Eldorado in 8 yrs but the true foundation to propel the country will be engendered.

Tinubu is a hands on administrator and a natural leader that can optimally harness our human and material potentials.....he is different from Buhari and can synchronise politics and governance to optimum efficiency......of course only a particular region sees doom but we all see hope renewed!!

Market boy analysis as usual... no sign of education in your comment..

The Senate is the upper chamber of Nigeria's bicameral legislature, the National Assembly. The National Assembly (popularly referred to as NASS) is the nation's highest legislature and has the power to make laws, as summarized in chapter one, section four of the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria.

The legislative arm of government is independent of the executive arm of government and does not require the endorsement of the president to choose the Senate president.

You have been blinded by Tribalism, religion and ethnicity to the extent the little secondary school education you acquired is now a waste
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Burob: 9:38am On May 06, 2023
Goodman2023:

Market boy analysis as usual... no sign of education in your comment..

The Senate is the upper chamber of Nigeria's bicameral legislature, the National Assembly. The National Assembly (popularly referred to as NASS) is the nation's highest legislature and has the power to make laws, as summarized in chapter one, section four of the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria.

The legislative arm of government is independent of the executive arm of government and does not require the endorsement of the president to choose the Senate president.

You have been blinded by Tribalism, religion and ethnicity to the extent the little secondary school education you acquired is now a waste
On paper maybe The legislative arm of government is independent but in practicality it isn’t, take example the United States that our democracy is mirrored from where the Vice President of the country, is the President of the senate, & for one second you think the White House will not try it’s best to lobby & gets its way?
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by BossLA: 9:41am On May 06, 2023
Burob:
The countries you mentioned are basically 1 party states, Nigeria’s own unique democracy is multi faceted.

Quite obvious that You don’t know much, why compare apples with oranges, just because they are both fruits?
In 2021, Zambia opposition party defeated an incumbent president and his party.
Within that 2021 till now, the president have taken zambia to one of the fastest growing economy in Africa.
When i say most agbadorians are ignorant, this exactly what u just displayed. Zero knowledge.
APC will complete 8yrs by May 29 and Nigeria is worst than they met it. The Zambia president is just 2yrs plus in office and he has turned the country around.
Many of u that defend thieves and looters are our problems in this country
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Burob: 9:44am On May 06, 2023
BossLA:

In 2021, Zambia opposition party defeated an incumbent president and his party.
Within that 2021 till now, the president have taken zambia to one of the fastest growing economy in Africa.
When i say most agbadorians are ignorant, this exactly what u just displayed. Zero knowledge.
APC will complete 8yrs by May 29 and Nigeria is worst than they met it. The Zambia president is just 2yrs plus in office and he has turned the country around.
Many of u that defend thieves and looters are our problems in this country
You singled out Zambia, what of Rwanda & Libya that you also mentioned, tell us their democratic history?
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Goodman2023: 9:44am On May 06, 2023
Burob:
On paper maybe The legislative arm of government is independent but in practicality it isn’t, take example the United States that our democracy is mirrored from where the Vice President of the country, is the President of the senate.

The Constitution names the vice president of the United States as the president of the Senate.

But the nigerian constitution did not name the vice president as the president of the senate... infact, the nigerian constitution went further to state that the legislative arm is independent of the executive arm.

the nigerian constitution is different from the american constitution...

If you want to copy things from america, copy things like good healthcare system, good road network, stable electricity and others

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Burob: 9:48am On May 06, 2023
Goodman2023:

The Constitution names the vice president of the United States as the president of the Senate.

But the nigerian constitution did not name the vice president as the president of the senate...and the nigerian constitution is different from the american constitution...

We are giving analogy of the interference of the executive arm of government in the affairs of the legislative arm in a presidential system of government.

For clarity, It does exist.
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Masterito(m): 9:50am On May 06, 2023
Swallowing his presidential ambition is quite funny because he stands no chance.
MissLeslie:
Who one is given much is also expected. Akpabio as paid his due to the party, he resigned from PDP when he was the minority leader of the senate then and cross to APC to be ordinary floor member. He swallowed his presidential ambition for Tinubu, by my calculation I would have love kalu to clinch the SP position but he play betrayal card.
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Bluntemperor: 9:53am On May 06, 2023
MissLeslie:
Who one is given much is also expected. Akpabio as paid his due to the party, he resigned from PDP when he was the minority leader of the senate then and cross to APC to be ordinary floor member. He swallowed his presidential ambition for Tinubu, by my calculation I would have love kalu to clinch the SP position but he play betrayal card.
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Burob: 9:53am On May 06, 2023
Goodman2023:

But the nigerian constitution did not name the vice president as the president of the senate... infact, the nigerian constitution went further to state that the legislative arm is independent of the executive arm.

the nigerian constitution is different from the american constitution...

If you want to copy things from america, copy things like good healthcare system, good road network, stable electricity and others.

You cannot give what you do not have, copy strengthening your local governments & states first, if you people truly want to be like the United States.

Because it is quite obvious that your copy & paste system of democrazy isn’t working.
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by OriginalZombiE: 9:53am On May 06, 2023
[sup][/sup]
Exc2000:
cool

I am happy AkwaCross people are getting Senate Presidency

Ibibio, Efik, Oron, Ogoja, Annang

Hausa man from NorthCentral or other NorthCentral tribe should get Speaker of the House

How the Bleep does this benefit the ordinary man on the street?

You Nigerians and your monkey way of reasoning, lol

Tomorrow y'all will start crying for a better Nigeria

Una never ready.
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Exc2000: 9:56am On May 06, 2023
OriginalZombiE:
[sup][/sup]

How the Bleep does this benefit the ordinary man on the street?

You Nigerians and your monkey way of reasoning, lol

Tomorrow y'all will start crying for a better Nigeria

Una never ready.

Another Ibo that doesn't know how proper legislative representation affects everything about his life from Petroleum policy to health

Even your currency and food or agriculture

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by BossLA: 9:58am On May 06, 2023
Burob:
You singled out Zambia, what of Rwanda & Libya that you also mentioned, tell us their democratic history?
🤣🤣
U be mumu
I mentioned those 3countries out of many countries doing well in Africa because i know agbadorians always have analogue brains and u didn't disappoint.
U started by saying i should blame local govt level, then states before federal; and i mentioned countries that was worst than current Nigeria but immediately they got the head right, their fortune changed.
It didn't take gaddafi 8yrs to turn Libya around, it didn't take Paul kagame 8yrs to turn a once war tore Rwanda fortune around.
The Zambia president is just 2yrs in office and they are already on the right path.

Enablers of evil like u are the reason Nigeria its backward
Shey u done see say sense far from u?
Now i know why u support a drug pusher. Zero knowledge and u still dont want to learn.

Go read about Libya and gaddafi
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Tareq1105: 9:59am On May 06, 2023
HenryThegreat1:
My question begging for answer is, will Akpabio make any law to strengthen institutions in Nigeria. Be it INEC’s, EFCC, icpc, etc?
For those wasting their time praying for betterment of Nigeria, Goodluck to you guys.

If God should give a mark of iniquity, who can stand?

We have all sinned and fallen short of His glory.

Those crucifying Akpabio are people who would have done worst things if exposed to the same opportunity.

Orji Uzor Kalu did not demonstrate sufficient loyalty to the Party unlike Akpabio who fought for the party in his Akwa Ibom and Niger Delta areas.
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by OriginalZombiE: 10:01am On May 06, 2023
Exc2000:

Another Ibo that doesn't know how proper legislative representation affects everything about his life from Petroleum policy to health

Anybody that doesn't agree with your monkey reasoning is igbo

Like I said you are not ready.

The vast majority of Nigerians are mentally inept like you.

That's why you continually pick poor leaders based on idiotic metrics like tribal affiliation.

You did not answer my question, how will ordinary people on the street benefit from a thief as senate president?

P.S
I'm not expecting a reasonable answer.
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Moneyyman: 10:05am On May 06, 2023
These are the people vying for some of the most powerful positions in the country.

It is well.

Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Exc2000: 10:07am On May 06, 2023
[quote author=OriginalZombiE post=122962892]

Anybody that doesn't agree with your monkey reasoning is igbo

Like I said you are not ready.

The vast majority of Nigerians are mentally inept like you.

That's why you continually pick poor leaders based on idiotic metrics like tribal affiliation.

You did not answer my question, how will ordinary people on the street benefit from a thief as senate president?

P.S
I'm not expecting a reasonable answer.[/quote

Oloriburuku you are Ibo so no denying your low esteemed poor mentality on democracy

You worthless peace of shiit can't understand democracy and representation like others because your Nsogbu Nsogbu sef is premitive
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Tareq1105: 10:11am On May 06, 2023
shankara7:
How does the position affect the wellbeing of SS people? You guys are too gullible in this country

The Senate president has the capacity to influence policies and programs for the wellbeing of south south people.

He can lobby Ministers for projects for his south south people like Minister of Works for roads he identified to be bad, and projects for his south south people and he would oblige him.

I only said this bcoz you were particular about his south south people.

Many more benefits.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by mayo47(m): 10:14am On May 06, 2023
I don't think Nigeria needs to have a Legislature anymore because I don't understand why the President would have a Preferred Candidate in a system that should promote separation of powers as well as checks and balances of the executive. Including supporting a candidate that siphoned lots of money during his tenure as Minister of Niger Delta. Hopefully, Nigeria wouldn't become Sudan someday with all this baby steps

Naijalarry:

Source- https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/1654605824105259014

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by XY23: 10:30am On May 06, 2023
Exc2000:

Even your currency and food or agriculture

No hassles, all hail the strategic and prolific politicians. Just wait till they complete the borrowing of the future of your unborn generations. I hope we won't hear 'rubber stamp'. Zambia is on the right path in just 2 years, while the old fools in Naija are extending their sufferings to their kids, as if their own parents didn't suffer enough. Dem swear for una.
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by otosa(m): 10:31am On May 06, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Thiefnubuu is a fake president
but you failed to produce original 🤣🤣
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Ajalalomo: 10:31am On May 06, 2023
These crooks believe nobody else can do it besides a man whose case is still ongoing before the Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Exc2000: 10:32am On May 06, 2023
XY23:

No hassles, all hail the strategic and prolific politicians. Just wait till they complete the borrowing of the future of your unborn generations. I hope we won't hear 'rubber stamp'. Zambia is on the right path in just 2 years, while the old fools in Naija are extending their sufferings to their kids, as if their own parents didn't suffer enough. Dem swear for una.

Your persimistic view had always made South East a worst zone in governance... Continue cursing your land thinking you are cursing your leaders
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Jagabanarmy: 10:34am On May 06, 2023
HenryThegreat1:
My thoughts too. This guy is too corrupt. APC should look for someone who has unquestionable character not Akpabio. He's too corrupt . If PDP should win election tomorrow, Akpabio will decamp to PDP. I don't trust him
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Akungitit: 10:38am On May 06, 2023
b3llo:
OUK won't like this. That man betrayed his people for seat of Senate President. This is a huge blow to his ego
Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Akungitit: 10:41am On May 06, 2023
Kalu did not betray his people, he betrayed Tinubu. Kalu's senatorial district voted for LP in the presidential elections while they voted APC in the senatorial election. Kalu thinks he can fool Tinubu, he supported Lawan during the APC primaries with the hope that he would be Vice president. Kalu is a typical IPOB snake.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by Barrywilly(m): 10:43am On May 06, 2023
Goodswill Akpabio is good for Senate President because he has shown his steadfastness in APC. Let the Northcentral take the speakership for equality and fairness. As for the southeast/entire Igboland, they should deduct the 80k votes cast for Tinubu and add it to Peter Obi's vote. So that they can know we owe them nothing and there are not going to get a pin in our administration. Them go get sense last last

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) by HardBishop: 10:49am On May 06, 2023
MissLeslie:
Is better like that.. we igbos don't deserve any too seat in the Senate and reps. So that our leaders should learn how to invest in our states. We igbos think other tribes love us. God forbid

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap / My Honourable Friends Run As Kidnappers Strike On Kaduna-Abuja Expressway - Sani / The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.