Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

VBA3C( Viginal Birth After 3 Ceaserean) By A Nigerian Lady - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / VBA3C( Viginal Birth After 3 Ceaserean) By A Nigerian Lady (555 Views)

30-yr-old Woman Gives Birth After 6-yr ‘pregnancy’ (pic) / Pregnant Woman Who Gave Birth After Being Rescued From Robbers Yesterday, Dies / How Do U Wash Your Viginal Those Of You That Fix Long Nails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VBA3C( Viginal Birth After 3 Ceaserean) By A Nigerian Lady by Boliboli760: 6:58am On May 06, 2023
More like FREEBIRTH AFTER 3 TRAUMATIC EMERGENCY CESAREANS(FA3TEC).
My birth story, My experience...
Birth story; Shortest version (Still working on the longer one). But just thought this might help someone in the meantime.

PS; I know this is an abroad birth story but i hoped you all will receive it well . It might not be relatable but it can be empowering
- Pregnancy went on smoothly with no complications. Did all the test and scans no problem. What I did different this time around was refused to be consultant led . In UK, once you've one CS or more you can't be midwife led. I pushed seeing the consultant (doctor) till about 38weeks . And of course they suggested CS, for reason other than My previous births were CS. And it will be best for both of us. They convinced me to book one for 40weeks and 3 days. When the day arrived I didn't turn up cos I was already getting few contractions here and there but nothing major. They gave me another date, but I insisted they should give me a date when I am over 42 weeks. So they found a date for Tuesday when I will be 42 weeks 4 days .
On Sunday, went for pre op; they took blood samples. I requested for a cervical check,they declined saying consultant wrote it in my note(meaning they don't want to offer me any help other than the CS). I felt defeated leaving the hospital, tears rolling down my eyes while curb walking. Just I stopped for a car to pass by, the lady driver popped her head out of the car and said "Keep going you can do this ". Chai that brought more tears and I said to myself can I really do this. Well wiped my tears before getting to hubby in the cafe, I googled Starbucks labour drink and I ordered large. We had a nice chat, walked for over an hour buying groceries mainly things I will take to hospital to eat after the CS.
BIRTH; Got home ,we ate and watched movie with the kids. Everybody's mind was settled knowing the baby will come on Tuesday via elective CS. So we were alot more relaxed, watched TV and just had a nice family time. Meanwhile I just thought to myself why not try one last thing which I knew about but I had tries way too early in the last Pregnancy but just had false labour. I said to myself the worst that can happen is have false contractions and it will stop before I head to bed. WELL THAT DID NOT HAPPEN THIS TIME.
30th of April 2023

- 5:22 pm; 60ml caster oil, blended with 1 cup of brewed raspberry leaf tea , and 1 pinapple core and cup of water. With ice
- finished at 5;50 pm
- diaharria(sorry TMI) 3 times
- contraction begins at 10:20pm
- I set up diffuser with clary sage oil to intensify contractions.
- By 11 pm I was in the bath and hubby was using shower pressure on my back cos Contractions was crazy. I had only had paracetamol when contractions started and was using my breathing techniques and listening to meditation I saw on YouTube.
- While in the bath on all fours, I heard a pop and told hubby I think my water 💧 just broke and he said I think so too oh cos the bath water has changed. It has some mucus and very small bloody show.

All these has never happened to us before, but I knew at that moment no going back now. We are definitely having this baby. I was only having as little as 30secs btw strong contractions. We had a toddler who refused to sleep as was distracted and as well fascinated by mummy screaming her head off cos at this point breathing technique no work.
- I told hubby to call the hospital, in my head I was thinking how will I sit in the car with this crazy contractions. But good thing is hubby called the ambulance instead and they were telling him what to do . The next thing I heard him say when he checked down below is, I can see hair. In my head I was like you say what? That was when I knew I was definitely having this baby. I was screaming "God help me God help me" , I intentionally knew I didn't want to say words like " I can't do this".
- Ambulance on his way, hubby on the phone with them .He cut the phone cos he felt they were distracting him but they called back saying he has to be on the phone until Ambulance arrives. His responses on the phone on what is happening down below was what I was using as my motivation. He told them I can see the head, but the head only pops out when she is having a contraction and head pops back in when contraction stops( which was 15 secs) at this point. That was when I realised I was actually pushing my baby out. That huge ,massive pressure I was feeling down there was a head pushing its way out. Still in all fours , Ambulance came and they were all guys (I heard their voices) . One passed me gas and air, used it once and I got relieved but as soon as the contraction was getting strong I was off the gas and my body did the pushing. They kept telling me what was happening and just as all the head was out a lady paramedic arrived. I heard the guy paramedic say thank God a female is hear. She encouraged me to push in the next contraction and I did. And just like that the rest of the body came out. I felt it come out and the relief I felt was beyond amazing. Hubby cut the cord and I was on gas and air still in all fours. It took me 15 mins to deliver the placenta and I felt it come out too.
- started pushing at 00:15am
- birth 00:49am (Monday 1st of May)
- placenta 15 mins later

So it was a crossover birth.

- birth 00:49am (Monday 1st of May)
- placenta 15 mins later
- Baby size; 4.180kg(over 9 lbs). My biggest baby ever

So it was a crossover birth.

Through out pregnancy, no sweep , no cervical check.
During labour; No cervical dilation check, no baby monitor. And my body did its thing.

I went into this with a lot of research and informed decision knowing fully well I was healthy and baby was healthy. My iron level was amazing, nutrition level was amazing and mentally I was prepared. The only thing I never prepared for was giving birth at home without midwives present. Or having a very short labour even though I drank a lot of raspberry leaf tea, drank blended pineapple with core, ate dates ,drank ewedu juice as least once a week towards the end and bath with herbal soap(from nigeria elewe omo) to help soften my body for birth. Alot of meditation and positive Hypnobirthing videos too.

2 Likes

Re: VBA3C( Viginal Birth After 3 Ceaserean) By A Nigerian Lady by Omakraid(f): 6:59am On May 06, 2023
Boliboli760:

During labour; No cervical dilation check, no baby monitor. And my body did its thing.

I went into this with a lot of research and informed decision knowing fully well I was healthy and baby was healthy. My iron level was amazing, nutrition level was amazing and mentally I was prepared. The only thing I never prepared for was giving birth at home without midwives present. Or having a very short labour even though I drank a lot of raspberry leaf tea, drank blended pineapple with core, ate dates ,drank ewedu juice as least once a week towards the end and bath with herbal soap(from nigeria elewe omo) to help soften my body for birth. Alot of meditation and positive Hypnobirthing videos too.
Congratulations to you and your family.. There is actually nothing impossible

1 Like

Re: VBA3C( Viginal Birth After 3 Ceaserean) By A Nigerian Lady by stanvesco(m): 7:50am On May 06, 2023
Boliboli760:

What you are doing or attempting to do is the most dangerous thing to do on earth to your fellow woman!

Firstly, we have absolute and relative indications for cesarean sections. Possibly you had a relative indications for all your ceaserean sections.

But what if the next woman to try your ewedu and pineapple recipe had her own ceaserean sections based on absolute....impossicant for vagina delivery kind of indications?

No be juju be that?

If she ruptures her uterus and come for you ,shebi U will start begging?

You better put a disclaimer and state that you are not an expert Biko oh....

Our indomie generation children are beginning to understand dia rights

4 Likes

Re: VBA3C( Viginal Birth After 3 Ceaserean) By A Nigerian Lady by Boliboli760: 9:05am On May 06, 2023
stanvesco:

What you are doing or attempting to do is the most dangerous thing to do on earth to your fellow woman!

Firstly, we have absolute and relative indications for cesarean sections. Possibly you had a relative indications for all your ceaserean sections.

But what if the next woman to try your ewedu and pineapple recipe had her own ceaserean sections based on absolute....impossicant for vagina delivery kind of indications?

No be juju be that?

If she ruptures her uterus and come for you ,shebi U will start begging?

You better put a disclaimer and state that you are not an expert Biko oh....

Our indomie generation children are beginning to understand dia rights

I realised I didn't upload the full story, I have done that.

In regards to Uterine rupture, it is the same percentage for viginal and CS. In some case CS is even higher with other complications that can arise from a major surgery.
Re: VBA3C( Viginal Birth After 3 Ceaserean) By A Nigerian Lady by Boliboli760: 7:51am On Jul 04, 2023
My birth story Video, this is to inspire and motivate other pregnant women

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2pZ_fEyEo
Re: VBA3C( Viginal Birth After 3 Ceaserean) By A Nigerian Lady by Boliboli760: 1:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
My latest video on my back story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7eoQBdNGjg
Re: VBA3C( Viginal Birth After 3 Ceaserean) By A Nigerian Lady by Boliboli760: 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
Watch this before you go into LABOUR especially if you are ABROAD . I keep seeing people wanting to get induced , please try to understand what you might be putting yourself through .

As promised I will share my experiences for people to listen and learn from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE7Z2c6TQM8
Re: VBA3C( Viginal Birth After 3 Ceaserean) By A Nigerian Lady by Boliboli760: 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
Happy sunday Everyone. Still on the quest of sharing and educating from experience. I have uploaded a video. This is for the husbands and parnters. Mums share this with your husbands , partners, mums ,friends and family , so they can understand their role on how to help to during labour and childbirth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiriYnw-p30

(1) (Reply)

Plant For Hiv Treatment and cure / I Need Help Please / How To Have A Stressless New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.