Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,118 members, 7,842,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

BREAKING: Messi Apologises For Saudi Trip - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BREAKING: Messi Apologises For Saudi Trip (264 Views)

Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip / Saudi Arabia Trip: Messi Apologises To Club, Teammates / BREAKING: Messi Banned From Playing For Argentina For 3 Months And Fined $50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Messi Apologises For Saudi Trip by plethora007: 7:24am On May 06, 2023
PSG star Lionel Messi was recently in Saudi Arabia, travelling there after his side's 3-1 home defeat to Lorient, flying to the Middle Eastern country to fulfill commercial commitments. Because of the trip, the Argentine missed training on the Monday, therefore sparking outrage amongst fans and his club alike. Tuesday was the side's normal day off, meaning he was absent that day too, and Wednesday didn't see the World Cup winner either, supposedly due to the same reason.

In response to his actions, Paris Saint-Germain then suspended the player for two weeks, as the club had not officially given him permission to carry out the trip. As a result, Parisian ultras were seen to be protesting against him and teammate Neymar, prompting yet questions over his future, indlugin several reports confirming the Argentine will be leaving the French side this summer.

In response to the recent uproar over his actions, he recorded a video message for his Instagram story, explaining his lament for upsetting his club and teammates. Messi also explained that he thought the side had been granted a day off, just like they usually had been by Galtier. Of course, this time this was not the case, which has ended up being the catalyst for the following apology:

"Hello, I wanted to make this video following what has happened. I wanted to apologise to my teammates and the club. I thought we were going to have a day off after the game like had always been the case. I had organised the trip to Saudi Arabia and I couldn't cancel it. I'd like to apologise to my teammates and I'm awaiting what the club sees fit", he said on Instagram.

(1) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen For Napoli / Ilot BET: Understanding Women’s Experience In Gambling / Top 10 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.