Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip (24215 Views)

Ime Udoka Faces Suspension Over Consensual intimate relationship With Team Staff / Messi: Argentina Struggled With Nervousness In First Game Back. / AFCON: Sadio Mane Cries After Being Booed By Senegal Fans. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by obembet(f): 9:16am On May 14, 2023
Lionel Messi was booed by PSG fans in his first game back from a club-imposed suspension as the French giants thumped Ajaccio 5-0.

Messi's future at PSG has been the subject of much speculation over the last week after he was suspended for taking a trip to Saudi Arabia.

Goals by Fabian Ruiz, Achraf Hakimi, a double by Kylian Mbappe and Mohamed Youssouf's own goal took PSG to 81 points with three games left.

At the Parc des Princes, the crowd jeered when Messi's name was announced in the line-up and the Argentinian was booed when he first touched the ball.

Both teams finished with 10 men after Hakimi and Ajaccio's Thomas Mangani were sent off late.

Messi returned to training on Monday after being suspended for making an unauthorised trip to Saudi Arabia and missing a training session as a result.

French media reported that Messi had been suspended for two weeks after making the trip when he was supposed to train with the squad the day after the Ligue 1 leaders' 3-1 defeat to Lorient last month.

Messi apologised to PSG and his team mates last Friday and was left out of the squad for their 3-1 win at second-bottom Troyes two days later.

He was below par on Saturday as PSG bulldozed past Ajaccio.

Ruiz opened the scoring in the 22nd minute with a whipped shot, 10 minutes before Hakimi doubled the tally by poking home the ball from Mbappe's deflected shot.

Mbappe made it 3-0 two minutes into the second half with a shot from a cross and added another goal in more spectacular fashion with a volley from the edge of the box in the 54th.

Youssouf then deflected a Marquinhos cross into his own goal in the 73rd minute, before Hakimi and Mangani were both shown a straight red card for losing their tempers with brutal challenges.

Christophe Galtier's side lead second-placed RC Lens, who beat Stade de Reims on Friday 2-1 despite being down to 10 men, by six points. Third-placed Olympique de Marseille, who host bottom side Angers on Sunday, are five points behind Lens.

Ajaccio are 18th on 23 points, 11 points from 16th-placed AJ Auxerre. The last four clubs in the 20-team Ligue 1 will go down at the end of the season.
Source: https://twitter.com/GoalNews/status/1657494852811071488?t=UKMXje_TEzfVxSCmOETo-Q&s=19

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by God1000(m): 9:20am On May 14, 2023
They are too disrespectful, Messi should just leave PSG

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by obembet(f): 9:27am On May 14, 2023
God1000:

One of my colleagues in office used to argue that Messi can’t perform outside Barcelona and I’m trying to understand that, example Ronaldo won golden boot in England, Spain and Italy but Messi even farmers league he can’t do everything since two seasons ago.

So I don't blame PSG fans, they only overrated Messi. They think he will deliver them in Champion league 🏆 but the boy was no where to be find, expecially against Bayern Munich, thank God they didn't face Manchester United or Manchester City.

The only way for Messi to be relevant again is to go back to Barcelona where he's WiFi works.

Nlfpmod

129 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by God1000(m): 9:32am On May 14, 2023
obembet:

One of my colleagues in office used to argue that Messi can’t perform outside Barcelona and I’m trying to understand that, example Ronaldo won golden boot in England, Spain and Italy but Messi even farmers league he can’t do everything since two seasons ago.

So I don't blame PSG fans, they only overrated Messi. They think he will deliver them in Champion league 🏆 but the boy was no where to be find, expecially against Bayern Munich, thank God they didn't face Manchester United or Manchester City.

The only way for Messi to be relevant again is to go back to Barcelona where he's WiFi works.
one tree cannot make a forest, PSG is full of selfish players, they don't work together

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by obembet(f): 9:37am On May 14, 2023
God1000:
one tree cannot make a forest, PSG is full of selfish players, they don't work together

Yea I think those branches deserve some respect too, but they prefer to rob them and praise Messi, I remember when Niesta deserve world best after wining everything yet they give it to him, but when things go wrong, they tag others...

I will suggest Messi to go back to Barcelona and retire there, he can't succeed outside Barcelona not even Eibar self

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by God1000(m): 9:38am On May 14, 2023
obembet:

Yea I think those branches deserve some respect too, but they prefer to rob them and praise Messi, I remember when Niesta deserve world best after wining everything yet they give it to him, but when things go wrong, they tag others...

I will suggest Messi to go back to Barcelona and retire there, he can't succeed outside Barcelona not even Eibar self
Lol, he has achieved everything in the world of football.

Messi is the most complete footballer at the moment, why do you hate him?

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by obembet(f): 9:47am On May 14, 2023
God1000:
Lol, he has achieved everything in the world of football.

Messi is the most complete footballer at the moment, why do you hate him ?

Haaaaaaaaaa I never hate good player o.. the boy is good, just that you PSG never achieve reasons why they signed him.. but he's a good player sha

17 Likes

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by javaguru: 9:52am On May 14, 2023
Messi
Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by God1000(m): 9:53am On May 14, 2023
obembet:

Haaaaaaaaaa I never hate good player o.. the boy is good, just that you PSG never achieve reasons why they signed him.. but he's a good player sha
PSG isn't serious, they will make headways when they work together as a team instead of relying on one player who doesn't get enough support from his colleagues

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by Poppia: 9:55am On May 14, 2023
As expected
Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by Kojochyke(m): 10:40am On May 14, 2023
obembet:

Nlfpmod
That ur colleague is slow. Or maybe he/she doesn't really exist just like ur gender isn't sure
How many games have u ever seen Ronaldo being deployed as the playmaker?
Instead dude takes up residence in the box to finish off people's work.
U be talking of scoring goals only, then Y can't ur guy who has the "wifi" break Messi 90+ goals a year, after so many years?

If u like, troll Messi. It doesn't change d fact that as a youth, he ruled football and as an adult, he is the ruler.

If Messi doesn't win golden boot in France, it means nothing. What u must know is that he won the league outside Spain.
It is on record that he went to a team that finished second, then dragged them to first. Someone went to United that finished second, and then almost relegated them the following season before being SACKED.

It's on record!
Facts.

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by fkelly(m): 11:45am On May 14, 2023
If am Messi I will wear my World Cup medal to the next match.

They need to feel extreme pain.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by AImiron: 1:50pm On May 14, 2023
obembet:

One of my colleagues in office used to argue that Messi can’t perform outside Barcelona and I’m trying to understand that, example [b]Ronaldo won golden boot in England, Spain and Italy b[/b]ut Messi even farmers league he can’t do everything since two seasons ago.

Nlfpmod
This is why I dey swear for you whenever you try to troll Messi. You said Pendu won golden boots while playing in England, Italy, Spain..did he play in team with a quality striker like Mbappe? No. Even if play in a team like Man City with deadly striker like Haaland, he will never smell golden boots. Fyi Messi has the highest assist in the Ligue one last season, his first season. You don't expect him to do miracle with that shitty Psg team in the UCL, you can always be unfortunate if you blame only Messi for Psg woes in the champions League, I'm not surprised though cos you lack sense of reasoning.

Ligue1 na farmers league yet players from ligue1 dominated the world cup last year, the acclaimed players from the big league no even see draw.

Messi won alot of trophies that Pendu will only dream of, outside of his comfort zone.

Pendu who's now playing in non rated camel league, playing amongst part time footballers dey flop, he's being tormented on/off the pitch by his club and away club fans, if he's not riding another player, he end up kicking plastic. He is a fraud, has always being a fraud he was well exposed in the camel league now the retard want to leave at the end of the season..

You are just senseless, common banter you no sabi do. Trolling Messi in 2023, is next to insanity cos you have nothing against him. Yes he was booed in the first, did you watch the match at all cos they end up screaming his name in the second half. You only watch such matches on livescores. I think say by now you go don receive sense but it seems that wan don elude you. Otilor, ole gbon mo ,ago lo ma pa e

Messi at 35 won the World Cup, FIFA best , 7th balloon d'Or (Psg), and he's going to win his 8th balloon d'Or.

Pendu has no world cup knockout goals after having the most appearance in the tournament. You're a failure cos on this banter table you suck. Ara Loma sanpa You and that your imaginary colleague

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by Kojochyke(m): 1:51pm On May 14, 2023
fkelly:
If am Messi I will wear my World Cup medal to the next match.

They need to feel extreme pain.
I swear down

4 Likes

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by Kojochyke(m): 1:56pm On May 14, 2023
obembet:

While Messi is winning back to back league titles, the world cup and the greatest SPORTS AWARDS (not organised by FIFA o)...
Ur man is going trophyless back to back after being SACKED and REJECTED in Europe.

I feel d pain from u guys sha.
Drink some aqua!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by AImiron: 2:06pm On May 14, 2023
Kojochyke:
That ur colleague is slow. Or maybe he/she doesn't really exist just like ur gender isn't sure
How many games have u ever seen Ronaldo being deployed as the playmaker?
Instead dude takes up residence in the box to finish off people's work.
U be talking of scoring goals only, then Y can't ur guy who has the "wifi" break Messi 90+ goals a year, after so many years?

If u like, troll Messi. It doesn't change d fact that as a youth, he ruled football and as an adult, he is the ruler.

If Messi doesn't win golden boot in France, it means nothing. What u must know is that he won the league outside Spain.
It is on record that he went to a team that finished second, then dragged them to first. Someone went to United that finished second, and then almost relegated them the following season before being SACKED.

It's on record!
Facts.
don't sweat bro, na imaginary colleague, that kid still live under his parents roof, they're still his small asssss...

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by AImiron: 2:08pm On May 14, 2023
God1000:
Messi is bigger than PSG, yes he's leaving at the end of the season. He's returning to Barcelona. Home sweet home. He don conquer France already. They still never get over the world cup loss, e easy Messi use em win world cup still dey play in their country, that kind of pain doesn't go away.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by OJEEMAH(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2023
obembet:

Winning golden boot is what you regard as “doing it?” You don’t know football at all

Oga, Mbappe plays center forward for PSG not Messi. If Ronaldo plays same position with Mbappe in the team, him no go even see goals wey messi don score so far.

Right winger,
35years old Messi, 20goals, 19 assists

Center forward/striker
24years old Mbappe, 33goals, 7 assists

Goal contribution this season
Messi 39
Mbappe 40

Plus Messi is not useless, when he’s not scoring, he dey create chances and supply assists but we all know what happened to Ronaldo, when he stopped scoring for Man U. They use seat belt hold am for bench😂😂
Messi is living Ronaldo’s dream. Deal with it

Nlfpmod
Just like Ronaldo delivered the UCL he promised Juve fans right?

5 World cups and no knock out goal for Ronaldo😂😂😂

Or you think we don’t know how Ronaldo is being tormented with Messi chant in far away Saudi?

Na crime to reject new deal?

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by amerengues(m): 5:36pm On May 14, 2023
obembet:
Lionel Messi was booed by PSG fans in his first game back from a club-imposed suspension as the French giants thumped Ajaccio 5-0.

Messi's future at PSG has been the subject of much speculation over the last week after he was suspended for taking a trip to Saudi Arabia.

Goals by Fabian Ruiz, Achraf Hakimi, a double by Kylian Mbappe and Mohamed Youssouf's own goal took PSG to 81 points with three games left.

At the Parc des Princes, the crowd jeered when Messi's name was announced in the line-up and the Argentinian was booed when he first touched the ball.

Both teams finished with 10 men after Hakimi and Ajaccio's Thomas Mangani were sent off late.

Messi returned to training on Monday after being suspended for making an unauthorised trip to Saudi Arabia and missing a training session as a result.

French media reported that Messi had been suspended for two weeks after making the trip when he was supposed to train with the squad the day after the Ligue 1 leaders' 3-1 defeat to Lorient last month.

Messi apologised to PSG and his team mates last Friday and was left out of the squad for their 3-1 win at second-bottom Troyes two days later.

He was below par on Saturday as PSG bulldozed past Ajaccio.

Ruiz opened the scoring in the 22nd minute with a whipped shot, 10 minutes before Hakimi doubled the tally by poking home the ball from Mbappe's deflected shot.

Mbappe made it 3-0 two minutes into the second half with a shot from a cross and added another goal in more spectacular fashion with a volley from the edge of the box in the 54th.

Youssouf then deflected a Marquinhos cross into his own goal in the 73rd minute, before Hakimi and Mangani were both shown a straight red card for losing their tempers with brutal challenges.

Christophe Galtier's side lead second-placed RC Lens, who beat Stade de Reims on Friday 2-1 despite being down to 10 men, by six points. Third-placed Olympique de Marseille, who host bottom side Angers on Sunday, are five points behind Lens.

Ajaccio are 18th on 23 points, 11 points from 16th-placed AJ Auxerre. The last four clubs in the 20-team Ligue 1 will go down at the end of the season.

Source: https://twitter.com/GoalNews/status/1657494852811071488?t=UKMXje_TEzfVxSCmOETo-Q&s=19

Nlfpmod
Seun
mynd44
Lalasticlala

When I saw this topic, I rushed to see who posted....guess what?! It's the ever predictable sore loser who has Messi living rent-free in his/her mind.

You must come back here to witness how he would be crowned 8th Balloon d or.

I find it even funny that you are trying to respond like your motive was just to post without ill-intent.

PSG is the biggest loser! Messi is widely loved in the whole universe.

Hahahahahahaha!

This hangover must stop!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by Sizwezi: 6:32pm On May 14, 2023
To whom much is given , much is expected. The best days of CR7's career he was still booed by Real Madrid fans whenever they lost a match or had a bad run of games. If he played well or not , they didn't care. I can't remember a match in which Messi was jeered at while in Barcelona. Asides the match at Anfield , where he was booed at the airport by some Barcelona fans , but at Barcelona if he played bad, they did not still boo him. Organic love I guess ..

As De Lima once said, what is this rubbish ? Barcelona wins and everyone is applauded but when they lose , everyone is to blame except Messi. This is wrong, he said.

At PSG, with good money being paid, also with the claims of being the "greatest" , you are not delivering when needed to, then they boo him and show their resentment but his "fans" say that PSG have no right to boo him. Crazy 😂

Just yesterday, AC Milan ultras expressed their disappointment with the clubs latest run of games. All players including the coach had to communicate with them after the match, also apologized , so that everyone would be at peace. The players even pleaded for total and unwavering support in their second leg match against Inter, and promised to give in their best performance on that night. So what does that tell you? The fans have a say ! So rest .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by OJEEMAH(m): 7:38pm On May 14, 2023
Sizwezi:
To whom much is given , much is expected. The best days of CR7's career he was still booed by Real Madrid fans whenever they lost a match or had a bad run of games. If he played well or not , they didn't care. I can't remember a match in which Messi was jeered at while in Barcelona. Asides the match at Anfield , where he was booed at the airport by some Barcelona fans , but at Barcelona if he played bad, they did not still boo him. Organic love I guess ..

As De Lima once said, what is this rubbish ? Barcelona wins and everyone is applauded but when they lose , everyone is to blame except Messi. This is wrong, he said.

At PSG, with good money being paid, also with the claims of being the "greatest" , you are not delivering when needed to, then they boo him and show their resentment but his "fans" say that PSG have no right to boo him. Crazy 😂

Just yesterday, AC Milan ultras expressed their disappointment with the clubs latest run of games. All players including the coach had to communicate with them after the match, also apologized , so that everyone would be at peace. The players even pleaded for total and unwavering support in their second leg match against Inter, and promised to give in their best performance on that night. So what does that tell you? The fans have a say ! So rest .
Nobody is saying don’t boo. He shouldn’t be singled out. Their highest paid player(Mbappe) is there, yet Messi is to blame?

Messi rejected a new deal and all of a sudden, they began to boo him…….something is at play.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by ThierryJay: 7:59pm On May 14, 2023
Insensible fans looking to take out their long-held frustrations on the GOAT.

In any case, there was also a sizeable section of PSG fans that were cheering Messi's name during the match. But only the boos are reported. At least some of them still get sense.

Na for their front he go still collect 8th ballon D'or.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by Sonnobax15(m): 8:14pm On May 14, 2023
grin
Their eyes don dey clear small small......

Well,it's not their fault.....The greatest mistake Messi made was to leave Barcelona....Na from that dey him fowl start to lay cooked eggs.
Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by David8107518434: 8:14pm On May 14, 2023
All na scam make una let us rest them dey make their money
Please visit my user name for my number
Am a certified solar installer
Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by iscom(m): 8:15pm On May 14, 2023
Olodo
Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by fasho01(m): 8:15pm On May 14, 2023
He's definitely leaving whether you boo him or not

1 Like

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by RichDad1(m): 8:16pm On May 14, 2023
Goat 🐐 has been reduced to bush rat. 🐀
What a disrespect in Paris. 🌚🌚🌚
Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by Rahkman: 8:16pm On May 14, 2023
obembet:

Nlfpmod
rubbish messi Is bigger than the entire France not to even talk of ligue 1

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by nepapole(m): 8:16pm On May 14, 2023
G.o.a.t

2 Likes

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:17pm On May 14, 2023
Nothing changes.
He remains the G.O.A.T.

2 Likes

Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by sotall(m): 8:17pm On May 14, 2023
PSG fan's are
Re: Messi BOOED By PSG Fans In First Game Back From Suspension Over Saudi Trip by FlawlessKarl: 8:18pm On May 14, 2023
obembet:

Nlfpmod
Whether Messi scores or he doesn't, whether he's the worst football player now on earth, I care not, so far he has crown his Stella career with world cup, that's enough for me . But remember the worst of Messi form in football is the highest best of long neck Pendu form.

However, Till Ronaldo perform in world cup and play world cup final, I am not even saying he should win the trophy, he should play the final before we have this conversation.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Essam El-Hadary, Egypt Goalkeeper Oldest Player In World Cup History At 45 / AFCON: Troost-Ekong Named Player Of The Tournament / Mfon Udoka Celebrates Her 44th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.