Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. (2880 Views)

Muslim Man Entered A Catholic Church In Canada And Prayed (Video, Photos) / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by boltwings: 10:14am On May 06, 2023
I went to a catholic church at kurudu FCT, what I saw today really shocked me. I was moving from one catholic church to another looking for a big crucifix to buy. I went to 3 churches but could not get it. The 4th and last church I entered, shocked me.

People were selling Okrika clothes on the floor (bend down select).
Another shop was selling sacramentals but also selling pounding morter, Female Bra (bend down select). Some are selling biscuits, minerals. just outside the church gate you will see about 4 different okpa sellers.

This is very very bad. They are gradually turning some catholic church to business center.

What is happening to the priest in these churches, why is all these happening. If I had the opportunity of visiting the Arch Bishop in Abuja, I will do so. We need to stop this foolish acts by some members before it gets out of hand. Very soon, they will start selling beer (beer parlour) and even condom inside the church.

Note:
When I said inside the church, I mean the church compound inside the church fence and not inside the church building.
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by Nobody: 10:18am On May 06, 2023
Modern christianity as a whole is troubled, blame it on our modern so-called men of God . More reason you should know your God directly and not true any one or whatever, there's no barrier between you and God, call on him directly and He will answer you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by WhatIf: 10:24am On May 06, 2023
......any mean to access livelihood should be explore. Don't blame the church for this....!

1 Like

Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by Berrityga: 10:27am On May 06, 2023
Give them Money to rent shop nah. Mr its not right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by illicit(m): 10:28am On May 06, 2023
Do you know how much it costs to rent a shop or space in Abuja?

If the church is not about alleviating people's suffering, then what's the gigantic buildings about

To collect tithes and offerings?

10 Likes

Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by immortalcrown(m): 10:39am On May 06, 2023
Have you made enquiries to know why the items are sold within the premises?

What if the Parish is using its compound to help traders who can't afford shops?

What if the items are leftovers from Bazaar?

Try to understand something before you judge it. What you saw might be wrong. But you have not provided any evidence to prove it wrong.

9 Likes

Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by boltwings: 10:42am On May 06, 2023
@Berrityga and illicit

what they are doing inside that church is very wrong. In catholic church, the only thing you can sell is sacramentals and religious books and not just everyone is permitted. Maybe 1 or 2 person's. But this one they sell all kinds of things. The excuse of not having money to rent a shop in Abuja is not an excuse. Their products can be sold in any street corner or market environment not inside the church. Any catholic priest that permits such inside the church he heads, doesn't really know his job as a priest. Even Jesus was against this kind of selling arena inside the church.
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by Exc2000: 10:44am On May 06, 2023
cool

The priest is utilizing the free space to give church members a means of livelihood

If you were God of Abraham maker of mankind, creator of Universe

Priests A; plants flowers on portion of cormercial land just to beautify the church over vanity

Priest B; opens the church yard to women and children with goods and services to sell and make a decent living

What you have ended up accomplishing is making sure atleast 5 family trading within the church premises get kicked out and run out of business since you have reported them on Nairaland stating their Church Location in Abuja

Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by boltwings: 10:47am On May 06, 2023
immortalcrown:
Have you made enquiries to know why the items are sold within the premises?

What if the Parish is using its compound to help traders who can't afford shops?

What if the items are leftovers from Bazaar?

Try to understand something before you judge it. What you saw might be wrong. But you have not provided any evidence to prove it wrong.
Oga I know what I saw and I am not a kid. I would have taken pictures but it will look odd and they will know I am trying to gather evidence. Forget about that Bazar excuse, it's not to be used as excuse at all. Infact I am going to that church tomorrow and also next Saturday to check and see if it's a frequent reoccurrence, then I will pay a visit to the parish priest and if nothing is done, I will visit the Arch Bishop or write to him
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by Berrityga: 10:48am On May 06, 2023
boltwings:
@Berrityga and illicit

what they are doing inside that church is very wrong. In catholic church, the only thing you can sell is sacramentals and religious books and not just everyone is permitted. Maybe 1 or 2 person's. But this one they sell all kinds of things. The excuse of not having money to rent a shop in Abuja is not an excuse. Their products can be sold in any street corner or market environment not inside the church. Any catholic priest that permits such inside the church he heads, doesn't really know his job as a priest. Even Jesus was against this kind of selling arena inside the church.
you are not Jesus so shut up.. That same bible said we should not judge, judgment is for God. so dude mind your business if you don't like what you see pluck your eyes out and rest.
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by immortalcrown(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2023
boltwings:
Oga I know what I saw and I am not a kid. I would have taken pictures but it will look odd and they will know I am trying to gather evidence. Forget about that Bazar excuse, it's not to be used as excuse at all. Infact I am going to that church tomorrow and also next Saturday to check and see if it's a frequent reoccurrence, then I will pay a visit to the parish priest and if nothing is done, I will visit the Arch Bishop or write to him
Madam, I never said you don't know what you saw. Of course, you know you saw traders and items. The argument is, did you find out why the traders and the items are there. Yes or no? If yes, tell us so we can take a stand on the case. If no, try to find it out before forming a conclusion on the matter.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by silvoclaira: 10:56am On May 06, 2023
They should sell whatever they legally is selling. God will not hurt poor people.

3 Likes

Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by illicit(m): 10:58am On May 06, 2023
boltwings:
@Berrityga and illicit

Well Jesus doesn't come there, does he?

And those people contributed to building that church, u know.

NB Jesus was against selling in the Synagogue, he never went to church
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by boltwings: 10:58am On May 06, 2023
immortalcrown:
Madam, I never said you don't know what you saw. Of course, you know you saw traders and items. The argument is, did you find out why the traders and the items are there. Yes or no? If yes, tell us so we can take a stand on the case. If no, try to find it out before forming a conclusion on the matter.
there is no reason they can give that is valid. All the church I visited this morning were having CWO meetings and I didn't see any of such in the first 3 church I visited. No valid excuse or reason can be given for selling pounding morter, Bra, Okrika etc inside the church compound.
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by immortalcrown(m): 11:00am On May 06, 2023
boltwings:
there is no reason they can give that is valid. All the church I visited this morning were having CWO meetings and I didn't see any of such in the first 3 church I visited. No valid excuse or reason can be given for selling pounding morter, Bra, Okrika etc inside the church compound.
Find out their reason first.
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by Whoknow: 11:18am On May 06, 2023
boltwings:

You should have carried out your investigation properly before coming out to condemn it. This is problem of people nowadays, everybody claim to be right meanwhile you might be wrong when you investigate well. At least you should have confided with the Parish Priest, then if his response to it is unsatisfactory by you. Then you can now talk of taking it to the Arch Bishop. This is why our Muslim brothers are better than us because you can never see then discussing wrong part of their Religion publicly, they rather solve it within.
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by Smitaro100(m): 11:26am On May 06, 2023
Inside church fence? grin
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by brain54(m): 11:39am On May 06, 2023
I see nothing wrong in selling in the church compoundā€¦

As long as it is regulated and controlled.

Your heading made it look like they were selling inside the church building itself.

That would have been wrong!

1 Like

Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by boltwings: 11:43am On May 06, 2023
Whoknow:

You should have carried out your investigation properly before coming out to condemn it. This is problem of people nowadays, everybody claim to be right meanwhile you might be wrong when you investigate well. At least you should have confided with the Parish Priest, then if his response to it is unsatisfactory by you. Then you can now talk of taking it to the Arch Bishop. This is why our Muslim brothers are better than us because you can never see then discussing wrong part of their Religion publicly, they rather solve it within.
If you know since how many years I have been talking about this privately with friends and sending messages to priest concerning this matter, you won't be upset with me for bringing up this issue here. If making the issue public would stop them from doing such in some churches, so be it bro.
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by rex444(m): 3:02pm On May 06, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Modern christianity as a whole is troubled, blame it on our modern so-called men of God . More reason you should know your God directly and not true any one or whatever, there's no barrier between you and God, call on him directly and He will answer you.
really troubled oooo.... how many kinds of Christians do we even have ?
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by Brownshoe: 6:07pm On May 06, 2023
That is not my problem.... my problem is my sister left twin girls with me. I was feeding one and now took a break to watch this video a little, now I don't know which one has eatenšŸ˜­

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by Zaheertyler(m): 6:14pm On May 06, 2023
boltwings:
I went to a catholic church at kurudu FCT, what I saw today really shocked me. I was moving from one catholic church to another looking for a big crucifix to buy. I went to 3 churches but could not get it. The 4th and last church I entered, shocked me.

Another shop was selling sacramentals but also selling pounding morter, Female Bra (bend down select). Some are selling biscuits, minerals. just outside the church gate you will see about 4 different okpa sellers.

This is very very bad. They are gradually turning some catholic church to business center.

What is happening to the priest in these churches, why is all these happening. If I had the opportunity of visiting the Arch Bishop in Abuja, I will do so. We need to stop this foolish acts by some members before it gets out of hand. Very soon, they will start selling beer (beer parlour) and even condom inside the church.

Note:
When I said inside the church, I mean the church compound inside the church fence and not inside the church building.
You for use cane pursue them na lol
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On May 06, 2023
Brownshoe:
That is not my problem.... my problem is my sister left twin girls with me. I was feeding one and now took a break to watch this video a little, now I don't know which one has eatenšŸ˜­
ROFLMAO
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Next time use a marker to mark the foot of the one you have fed.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by NNTR: 6:19pm On May 06, 2023
boltwings:

What is happening to the priest in these churches, why is all these happening ....
Matthew 28:6a
He is not here,
for He has risen,
just as He said [He would] ...

Looking for a big crucifix to buy, is just as saddening, if not worse

boltwings:
... If I had the opportunity of visiting the Arch Bishop in Abuja, I will do so. We need to stop this foolish acts by some members before it gets out of hand. Very soon, they will start selling beer (beer parlour) and even condom inside the church ...
Even, sounds like a snitch

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by thesicilian: 8:16pm On May 06, 2023
Why are are surprised at what has been happening since the days Jesus walked the earth?
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by blaquebelle: 9:44pm On May 06, 2023
The same reason that made Jesus flog people grin grin Kwantinue
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by TheBillyonaire: 10:02pm On May 06, 2023
Not new.

We used to donate cloths to Catholic Church at Falomo, Ikoyi - Church of Assumption. Only to see them display our cloths and sold as okrika.
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by xtivin(m): 5:04am On May 07, 2023
boltwings:

Note:
It flows from the top, Church starts selling, members join then public comes to sell. Go to a typical church this days and see the business transactions going on even during sermons, women even bring clothes to sell etc. God help us
Re: Shocking: What I Saw Inside A Catholic Church Today, Saddens My Heart. by LordReed(m): 10:17am On May 07, 2023
boltwings:

Note:

Religious places of worship always attract commerce because of the number of people. Why do you find it strange?

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? / I Hate Pentecostal Pastors ! / Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.