Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) (62147 Views)

Several People Arrested In The UK For Protesting Against The Monarchy / Thousands Protest In Brazil,as President Joins Protest Against Own Government / People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by pquaver(m): 3:54pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

CNN, BBC, and other propaganda media would have ran 24hrs non-stop news about how 250 people were killed. They will litter all our front-page with fake photo-op crime scene about how children, pregnant women, and dogs are feeling vulnerable and unsafe

US have been going around the globe trying to push democracy on the countries not practicing them, especially in Africa. You wonder why they are quiet about 'voice suppression happening in UK.

Why are obidients silent? If is Nigeria we wont hear word with sane climes

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by GODHONORME(m): 3:54pm On May 06, 2023
Obidients are you ready for NOT MY PRESIDENT too comes May. Know your right you can do it too😅😅

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by ProtonX: 3:55pm On May 06, 2023
IamPlato:
Diana that was fvcking another man behind her husband? Is that the Diana you say is intelligent 🤣

With your access to the internet, you should not be dependent on hearsay or rumours. If you don't have facts or are not a British citizen, don't engage my comments. I won't be the one to teach you history.

And of all the points stated, it's Princess Diana that is your problem. You can talk about intelligence yet you're an Andrew Tate fan lol. Educate yourself and stop wasting away on Nairaland. Won't be part of the idiocy going on on this forum.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by fareed69(m): 3:56pm On May 06, 2023
Racoon:
And some Nigerians want a country to accept a man who has been a well known certified criminal all his life as president?

Continue wailing
May 29th is here you too can go to Eagle Square and protest.
It's allowed constitutionally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 3:56pm On May 06, 2023
ProtonX:

With your access to the internet, you should not be dependent on hearsay or rumours. If you don't have facts or are a British citizen, don't engage my comments. I won't be the one to teach you history.
dey play 🤣history man 🤣

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by yeshuasfootstep(m): 3:57pm On May 06, 2023
Not surprised.
Any who wish to remain a slave is free.

Pharaohs has nothing on anyone since 2019.
Elohim is supreme.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Guyman01: 3:57pm On May 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Clowns! The British monarchy is just ceremonial. No executive power

Do they even know amount of money that the monarchy brings into uk economy from tourism?

And some Nigerians that have thousands of kings in their villages are supporting the protesters. Hypocritical clowns!

You are the clown here with your ignorance of international politics, Gaddafis position in Libya was largely ceremonial but UK ans their partners murdered him to bring "freedom and democracy" to Libya which is lacking in UK
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by vikstandon(m): 3:58pm On May 06, 2023
Is a matter of time... It is no longer sustainable
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 3:59pm On May 06, 2023
delishpot:

Queen Consort. She isn't the Queen.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by bonnyhope: 3:59pm On May 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Do they even know amount of money that the monarchy brings into uk economy from tourism?

And some Nigerians that have thousands of kings in their villages are supporting the protesters. Hypocritical clowns!

So you know more than the british citizens?

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 4:00pm On May 06, 2023
Bigchristo:
Imagine if this protest was in Nigeria you will hear news like: 10 people killed during on going protest, while thousands of others arrested for treasonable offenses for trying to overthrow the king, but here in the pictures you can only see police maintaining law and orders because they know protest is the right of the people, may we find our steps back to where we get it wrong in Jesus name because our thinking is quite different from the rest of the world 🌎 R.I.P to those who died in Endsars protest and various protest around Nigeria may God give them peace as our nation failed them n cut short their lives

Nobody was killed at tollgate !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Adek15(m): 4:02pm On May 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Britons swear allegiance to the monarch. Ekweremadu was convicted in the name of the king. Even the prime minister is head of house of commons. House of lords still exist. I think the king is far more powerful than you'd imagined.

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Yeah you're right. These are ignorant folks
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 4:04pm On May 06, 2023
ProtonX:

No. They do not want the monarchy because:
- They have continued to live extravagant lives while the average Briton suffers, more taxes, higher cost of living, etc. Including the money spent on this coronation as a state event. Figures they won't make public due to backlash. But speculations say £250 million of state money. There are more food banks here in the UK than ever before.

- The colonial past and present. The deeds have come to light. Most people are no longer ignorant of what happened under the Monarchy with commonwealth countries.

- People like Prince Andrew with paedophile charges still walking free because he is a member of the Royal Family.

- We will have a Diana over a Camilla. She was an epitome of class, beauty, intelligence, and empathy. She never let royalty get to her head. We see that in Harry. Camilla was a side chick who was allowed into their marriage by the current King, then Prince Charles. And no, she can never fit in Diana's shoes.

Nice.

But i think the first one is a little bit to harsh. Yes, the cost of running the royal family is on the high side but in terms of tourism, they also attract lot of money.

Secondly, the last point you gave justifies my second point. You are looking for a scapegoat for princess Diana's death. And Queen consorts Camillia will always be a victim.

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Bigchristo: 4:04pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Nobody was killed at tollgate !
Just Dey whine yourself grin grin
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by ProtonX: 4:05pm On May 06, 2023
IamPlato:
dey play 🤣history man 🤣
Says a dimwit with a low IQ. Run along now and go engage your kind

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by felifeli: 4:09pm On May 06, 2023
Na so Obidient Igbos will Labour in vain.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by olaniyilukman(m): 4:11pm On May 06, 2023
MrBachelor:
cool

Just as Tinubu is not my president.
My brother, Naija no be UK, don't try that on May 29 or else you will be made to face full wrath of the law....

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Ykc2(m): 4:11pm On May 06, 2023
When we say escobar tinubu is not our president some people go dey cry
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by ProtonX: 4:11pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Nice.

But i think the first one is a little bit to harsh. Yes, the cost of running the royal family is on the high side but in terms of tourism, they also attract lot of money.

Secondly, the last point you gave justifies my second point. You are looking for a scapegoat for princess Diana's death. And Queen consorts Camillia will always be a victim.

People are actually going through a lot. There have been more strikes the past year than ever. True, the Royals bring in about £50million on the average for tourism annually. It still doesn't justify the taxpayers money being used to fund their lifestyles.

Queen Camilla is no victim was what I wanted to correct. You could say she's on the receiving end of the animosity towards her but it's not just her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by spencekat(m): 4:13pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Three factors playing out:

1. The King isnt as popular as the Late queen Elizabeth. The people are not use to the change yet and they dont seem like they want to or going to get use to it anytime soon.

2. The Late Princess Diana death is still playing against everyone in the royal family. The Citizens still looking for scapegoats.
The Queen consort, Camillia is always the victim here.

3. I think the citizens are tired of not being able to elect their leader themselves. They want a president not some fancy kingdom with kings and queens.

[/b]They wish to vote their leader themselves. They want to be the decider and for that to happen, they need to scrap the monarchy system entirely[b].

Not very possible with the way things stand.
Good point
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by deltateam: 4:15pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

1. The King isnt as popular as the Late queen Elizabeth. The people are not use to the change yet and they dont seem like they want to or going to get use to it anytime soon.

2. The Late Princess Diana death is still playing against everyone in the royal family. The Citizens still looking for scapegoats.

3. I think the citizens are tired of not being able to elect their leader themselves. They want a president not some fancy kingdom with kings and queens.

They wish to vote their leader themselves. They want to be the decider and for that to happen, they need to scrap the monarchy system entirely.

They could have head of state(President) and head of government (monarch).
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by fof1: 4:16pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

They wish to vote their leader themselves. They want to be the decider and for that to happen, they need to scrap the monarchy system entirely.

My Dr. If na My Country,many will be RIP today,Pls
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by chidiokay: 4:17pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

CNN, BBC, and other propaganda media would have ran 24hrs non-stop news about how 250 people were killed. They will litter all our front-page with fake photo-op crime scene about how children, pregnant women, and dogs are feeling vulnerable and unsafe

US have been going around the globe trying to push democracy on the countries not practicing them, especially in Africa. You wonder why they are quiet about 'voice suppression happening in UK.

Are you aware US got there independence from UK,

Life is run by hierachy
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Watcharena: 4:17pm On May 06, 2023
IamPlato:
except there is a world war those protesters are wasting their time... The Royal family has the backing of Europe and America, they should just forget it.
they may have the backing of Europe but America's backing I can not assure them , where ever there is war or conflict US makes money , and US don't have friends when it comes to the business of making money for the elites .I can remember Israel recently accuse US of sponsoring protest on their land , over judiciary reform

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by OneCandleAway(f): 4:17pm On May 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Actually they can influence decisions. The late Queen just chose not to.
If they were only ceremonial, why did Hitler call queen mother Elizabeth the most dangerous woman in England during World War 2
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Blue86(m): 4:20pm On May 06, 2023
All what they are saying is , " Abolish patriarchy!".
Well you ( west) brought this upon yourselves.
When you emasculated the male gender , and promoted feminism ( the anihiliation of the manhood).

The males you see with the majority of females there are the emasculated simps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Allisgud: 4:24pm On May 06, 2023
It's even cheating how can a family be rulling continuously, meanwhile not only in London,but a king over all monarchs in the world

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 4:25pm On May 06, 2023
deltateam:

They could have head of state(President) and head of government (monarch).

That will further reduce the influence of the royal family. The royal family will kick against it.

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Watcharena: 4:27pm On May 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:

people are only supporting the protests because of what the western world is doing to countries that have similar setting setting as UK, in the name of spreading democracy.

Iran for instance have the same setting with UK but the west keep pushing for protest in Iran and other smaller nations all with the aim of regime change

5 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by tete7000(m): 4:28pm On May 06, 2023
This crowd is massive, it speaks volume.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Biggest Threat Of 9/11-style Attack After Taliban Unveils Hellish Cabinet( Pix) / Woman Shot Dead Inside US National Assembly (Video) / Unclad Robber Stuck On Rooftop Of The House He Burgled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.