Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) (62142 Views)

Several People Arrested In The UK For Protesting Against The Monarchy / Thousands Protest In Brazil,as President Joins Protest Against Own Government / People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:18pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Three factors playing out:

1. The King isnt as popular as the Late queen Elizabeth. The people are not use to the change yet and they dont seem like they want to or going to get use to it anytime soon.

2. The Late Princess Diana death is still playing against everyone in the royal family. The Citizens still looking for scapegoats.
The Queen consort, Camillia is always the victim here.

3. I think the citizens are tired of not being able to elect their leader themselves. They want a president not some fancy kingdom with kings and queens.

They wish to vote their leader themselves. They want to be the decider and for that to happen, they need to scrap the monarchy system entirely.

Not very possible with the way things stand.
but they have parliament and prime minister... Again even during queen time dissent de... Pple ll always disagree just like some pple ll say tinubu isn't president but nothing they can do about it.. the monarchy in UK has constitutional backing
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 06, 2023
They are dissents everywhere, no government like dissent, see how police are harrassing them.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by AhmadJamil(m): 5:21pm On May 06, 2023
Well that’s not their decision to make.
If not for the Kingdom, they wouldn’t be standing there being proud of been a British citizen. The west has lost its senses, where is respect for history?

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by BABAawoo47: 5:23pm On May 06, 2023
seunny4lif:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I swear, since Police officers have been arresting any anti-monarchy protesters up and down since yesterday because if this is in Iran or any other country, USA will be preaching freedom of speech and human rights grin grin
be rest assured they will be released...If they try any thing funky, then there will be no support for monarchy again
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 5:25pm On May 06, 2023
Hussein035:

It is not their fault that they don't want the monarch or queen system but because they are tired of a peaceful environment with good life. This is the same way Libyans started with Gadaffi but I pray the useless citizens knows that they are protesting against peace and progress before it is late.

If in Nigeria today Buhari can embezzle all our money but ensure our life is just as the same as that of UK citizens who will even complain whether he is passing the kingship to his unborn children

Hmm.. Words.

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

1. The King isnt as popular as the Late queen Elizabeth. The people are not use to the change yet and they dont seem like they want to or going to get use to it anytime soon.

2. The Late Princess Diana death is still playing against everyone in the royal family. The Citizens still looking for scapegoats.

3. I think the citizens are tired of not being able to elect their leader themselves. They want a president not some fancy kingdom with kings and queens.

They wish to vote their leader themselves. They want to be the decider and for that to happen, they need to scrap the monarchy system entirely.

Am indifferent about the monarchy, but like you said, it's very hard to scrap them, they control the house of Lords, control the prime minister, control the military, control the police, control the mi6, and lots of the population and world establishment, including the Jewish, Roman, Asian and European establishment support the monarchy family. The house of Windsor is strongly rooted, Germanic people are strong.

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by 9gerian: 5:25pm On May 06, 2023
Chief amongst the factors is the economic downturn caused by Russia-Ukraine war that has engulfed most parts of Europe, and by extension the world.

lhordspy:

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:26pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Monarchy is still acceptable, yes. But the present present king is not popular among the Britons.
they should be patience till he dies Williams ll take over
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 5:27pm On May 06, 2023
JDistribute:

Am indifferent about the monarchy, but like you said, it's very hard to scrap them, they control the house of Lords, control the prime minister, control the military, control the police, control the mi6, and lots of the population and world establishment, including the Jewish, Roman, Asian and European establishment support the monarchy family. The great Winston family.

And these people you mentioned are also part of the 'citizens' . If the citizens say we are done. Then nobody can stop them
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

And these people you mentioned are also part of the 'citizens' . If the citizens say we are done. Then nobody can stop them
Lots of the citizens love the monarchy as well.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 5:28pm On May 06, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
they should be patience till he dies Williams ll take over

Lol. HIs unpopularity is making them have a rethink about the monarchy.

They cant wait till then.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 5:30pm On May 06, 2023
JDistribute:

Lots of the citizens love the monarchy as well.

According to recent polls, the figures are low and going down everyday. And it doesn't look like it is going to come up anytime soon.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 5:32pm On May 06, 2023
9gerian:
Chief amongst the factors is the economic downturn caused by Russia-Ukraine war that has engulfed most parts of Europe, and by extension the world.

The economic issues is same everywhere around the world. And the pandemic is the leading factor.

Except the UK government is also doing giving-away to fund the Ukraine war at the expense of their citizens just like the US governement.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

According to recent polls, the figures are low and going down everyday. And it doesn't look like it is going to come up anytime soon.
I get your point, the love and admiration will wane as time goes on, especially with these new bred monarchs of peace time, they won't get the respect of past monarchs who sacrificed for the nation and earned the respect of their people. The house of Windsor, that great Germania tribe built UK and great Britain as we know it, they will fight for it, they see it as their property.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by sprints1: 5:33pm On May 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Clowns! The British monarchy is just ceremonial. No executive power

Do they even know amount of money that the monarchy brings into uk economy from tourism?

And some Nigerians that have thousands of kings in their villages are supporting the protesters. Hypocritical clowns!
you dey mind them Nigeria wey get democracy wetin we don enjoy person don dey approach 40+ I no fit boast of good living enjoy today drink garri tomorrow. Shey na democracy be this or anarchy. Nonsense western rule wey no favour us.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by bizhop01: 5:34pm On May 06, 2023
Nigeria is suffering, Britain will never have peace by forcing Nigerian together cool
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 5:35pm On May 06, 2023
JDistribute:

I get your point, the love and admiration will wane as time goes on, especially with these new bred monarchs of peace time, they won't get the respect of past monarchs who sacrificed for the nation and earned the respect of their people. The house of Windsor, that great Germania tribe built UK and great Britain as we know it, they will fight for it, they see it as their property.

Explain the word 'fight' as used in your sentence.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by oxygeng: 5:39pm On May 06, 2023
yinkus6750:
The Queen lived long enough and made the Royal throne what it is today.
If that's the acceptable tradition, so be it.
what exactly did she made out of or made the throne to be?
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by almarthins(m): 5:40pm On May 06, 2023
Watcharena:
US should go and give those people a dose of democracy

History didn't tell you that US is the offshoot of British empire. They can't betray their mother land like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Ray07(m): 5:49pm On May 06, 2023
Na this kind protest we expected united fans in England to do. Let arrest be made so that evil Glazers would go. angry
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by spiralwedge(m): 5:50pm On May 06, 2023
The UK version of wailing wailers gringringringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by DOM7: 5:50pm On May 06, 2023
It is normal, people are not always content with what they have the one on the other side is always better, Israel once said " give us a king like other nations" the rest is history, we suffered in this country with a lot of blood shed and displaced people and refugees in there own country all in the name of change.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by MrBlock: 5:53pm On May 06, 2023
Stolen mandate grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by detectivejones: 5:55pm On May 06, 2023
I see obidients doing same on the 29th but I trust our police sha their own na shoot at sight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Burob: 5:59pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Obidients done reach UK?
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Burob: 6:00pm On May 06, 2023
spiralwedge:
The UK version of wailing wailers gringringringrin
Obey the Obidients.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 06, 2023
almarthins:

History didn't tell you that US is the offshoot of British empire. They can't betray their mother land like that.
True talk, US was colonized by Great Britain.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by teebaxy(m): 6:07pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

CNN, BBC, and other propaganda media would have ran 24hrs non-stop news about how 250 people were killed. They will litter all our front-page with fake photo-op crime scene about how children, pregnant women, and dogs are feeling vulnerable and unsafe

US have been going around the globe trying to push democracy on the countries not practicing them, especially in Africa. You wonder why they are quiet about 'voice suppression happening in UK.
Like seriously, you want US put mouth for UK matter ? Are sure you know what UK is to America
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Pacesetter123(m): 6:07pm On May 06, 2023
Watcharena:
US should go and give those people a dose of democracy
grin grin
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by gloryman91: 6:08pm On May 06, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
You will rot in jail try it

Do you understand my message ?
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by cococandy(f): 6:11pm On May 06, 2023
IamPlato:
make una dey cry over Diana while others are enjoying their life... Whether your Diana is intelligent or stupid it doesn't matter anymore, she is dead. wink
okay
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by WorldRichest: 6:18pm On May 06, 2023
By now you should see why the protests of blind and bitter Obidients will not stop Tinubu's inauguration, just as it didn't stop the King's coronation nor stop the inauguration of Joe Biden despite the violent protests by Donald Trump's camp. Protests are part of life.

God protect the King. God protect Asiwaju Emilokan Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Shot Dead Inside US National Assembly (Video) / Biggest Threat Of 9/11-style Attack After Taliban Unveils Hellish Cabinet( Pix) / Shooting At TOPS Supermarket In Buffalo, New York - Multiple Deaths Recorded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.