Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,481 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Autobiography: A Sad Life - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Autobiography: A Sad Life (1135 Views)

Have You Ever Had A Sad Experience In Borrowing People Money? / Cultism And The Gradual Extinction Of Benin (edo) Youths. A Sad Reality / Young Nigerian Shares His Experience With SARS Operatives And It's A Sad News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Autobiography: A Sad Life by Goldstear: 3:51pm On May 06, 2023
This write up is filled with grammatical errors. I wrote everything in haste and didn't have time to proof read before publishing... Also, the grammatical construction are way out of line. I intend to correct them later though.

Let's start with the loan app issue, cos the loan app part pain me well well.

I was living under a tight budget and struggling to survive as a 300 level boy with no helper.

The cold side was that my girlfriend as at that time was living with me. She was an orphan just like me. I was living on my website job and hoping my client would pay. Things were tight for me. No helper, and I was carrying my load alone. My gf was helpful too as she was taking money from her numerous boyfriends to feed us.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Considering the hunger one day, we decided to try loan app, luckily it worked. I got the small 3k. I was happy and we ate well that evening. Few days later, we tried again with another app and they gave us too. I was hopeful my client would pay and we will settle our debts but things didn't go well that time.

I was in my 300level second semester when one day someone called me that a loan company called her that I was wanted by the police. Heart attack nearly killed me but I kept my cool.

I called the loan company and begged for more time but unfortunately they called my professors and even my Dean to say am a fraudster wanted by the police. This was very hard for me. I was just scared and ashamed. I could not go to class anymore.

I stopped attending classes and depression stepped in. Inferiority complex was also in. That was how I got my first carry over, since that time, I barely focused even until I graduated. I was admired by my department before that incident.

TO BE CONTINUED...

I was living in a boys quarter apartment owned by my cousin who was a lecturer. A subsidized apartment in the school known as Staff's quarters. He made me a strict rule not to cook in the room. The man even moved to one of the boy's quarters next to me. His life was very complicated, let me explain.

He was 49 then. No wife, no child, no house of his own, always complaining about being broke and had a split personality disorder. How someone left the a 3 bed room apartment to stay next to me at the boy's quarters was a mystery to me. This my cousin had almost everything on a platter of Gold. His dad was extremely rich, more like a senator cos he happened to be in Buhari's appointment list. Before his appointment, he was almost synonymous to a state governor in the past and had held several government positions but he never agreed with this son of his. Honestly, I never had any support from him either and when it could have happened, his son soiled it. I will talk about it later

Back to the main story, he converted the first room to a self contained and converted the outside kitchen to his personal kitchen. Like I said, he told me not to cook in the house and it was almost impossible to cook outside the house as he placed his big generator and small generator close to my door next to my window far away from his own room. So I opted for the option of buying food everyday. Before I moved there, I was living with a friend on a joint payment until I had issue with a lady friend that I stopped banging and she set me up with her supposed serious cultist boyfriend that was what prompted me to move to my cousin's side 300level first semester.

In the morning, he would wake me up to clear the compound and run errands. Iron his clothes and do chores that were unnecessary to me then. If he was doing something as an exercise like clearing large portion of land, he would include me to clear too. It was very annoying because I barely see food to eat daily on my own and he had to pressure me to work without even asking me if I was fine or had any food for the day.

He would remind me almost everyday that he saved my life and gave me an apartment. It was like a music to him. I was seriously pained because everything was not going well that time.

He didn't have any friend and thus made his student(street boys with money) his friends. They would visit him and he praises them like his life depended on it. The respect was notched and I was the example of failed yahoo boy to him. He had zero regards for me and even though I was older than these boys, he was particularly clear that he would throw my things out if I talk to some of them.

TO BE CONTINUED...

PARDON MY TYPING AND GRAMMAR ERROR, AM TYPING FAST WITHOUT PROOF READING.

Some times, he would be nice and even offer advise to me and some times he would be very scary and make mockery of me. One thing about living with a single man without any one to banter, he transfers all the aggression to next available person next to him. He would call me out and ask me to do something with severe anger or he would look for one fault and threaten to kill me.

My girl was helpful, she was on scholarship and she would bring the house rent to me to support me as she was living in that one room apartment with me. She was also in her 3rd year. Her only problem was sleeping with anything with manhood. I would remind her out of anger that I was living well and traveling round the country before I met her and ever since then, i have been struggling with her.

It's awful. Loving someone and you keep forgiving them but they keep doing what you hate. At a point, I was scared of loosing her because she was the bread winner. I was scared because at that point I was already sunk up in Tramadol, which was helpful to me in many ways...

I couldn't imagine leaving her, "where will I get food from, who will I talk to or fu*k, who will assist me with Trams?" all these questions and some more made me more resolute in keeping her. Even though she admitted to my predicament citing her former relationships, I still could not burge.

My cousin had an attitude of always looking down at everything I do. Before this issue came up, I was his favorite because I had money, but when i started struggling, he started mouth trashing me.

A new session came up and I needed to pay my school fees. I didn't have money then and I was contemplating on dropping out. An idea came, since my girl was cheerfully sleeping with men for free, why can't she just do it to help me secure my school fees. My girl loved the idea, after all she was plagued with an obsession for sex. At first, she was sceptical, which I noticed the act was pretentious. She had a friend that set her up with a yahoo boy in Benin. Her friend was fully into this business, at first, she started doing it to feed in school until she upgraded according to what my girl told me.

On the day she was about travelling to Benin, I followed her to the park and considering how unsafe and selfish I was, I changed my mind and told her we should go home. She was furious, she wanted to go by all means so I just allowed her eventually.

She came back the next day in the afternoon. She was happy. Okay, it was 10k she came with and I got to know two guys slept with her as party. Well, she brought food when she came and that made me happy. The thought that they slept with her made me aroused and I had my sex that day too.

Being with a damaged girl can mess one's psyche nonetheless. I was already used to this nonsense. Sleeping around guys and telling lies. Three years ago, I wouldn't date a lady with a body count above 3. Or a lady with an abortion. Oh well, I was used to it now, I just surrendered to everything that time.

That same period, through her text messages her ex boyfriend accused her of having 9 abortions for him and still taking pills when they fu*k. I just couldn't take it, but at that point, she knew I had no choice than to accept her nonetheless. I got angry but couldn't break up with her, not when I was broke.

Everything was going from bad to worse. I was hopeful though. My client, a white woman that fell in love with me died from suicide. She took drug overdose and this was because of me. She was angry I dumped her for her friend which she introduced to me. The woman was well aware of my cultural heritage and my origin. She knew me well and still sticked with me even though she wasn't rich. She was in her early 70s and I was all she got for a lover. So after sending me countless messages of love and asking me to reply her, she took her own life.

This news came to me as a shock. I never intended to hurt her in any way. I was going through a tough time and after we had many loading jobs together without positive results, I decided to snub her. Her death broke my spirit.

All these things happened at a time where I was already certain that the girl was trouble. I knew deep within that if the girl was not in my diary, non of these would have happened. It was awful I must say again.

One holiday came, my girl told me she would be travelling home. I objected and finally gave in. The next day, a cousin of mine called me for a loading job. I was onboard even though I had already given up hope. The job was done and it was successful. Infact, it was so successful that my old confidence came back and I was certain to make money again. I bought a new phone, bought some stuffs, travelled places and had a good time. I bought a Samsung phone for my girl and had to go to her place to give her. When I got there, she was looking worse than she was. Her poverty was beyond, almost as if anybody can get her down with 100 Naira lol. I was reluctant on giving her the phone though and she gave me more power not to. Guess what, she declined the phone and ask for an Iphone instead. I was bewildered. But this was a girl with 0 Naira on her name. Well, I gave her some money that day and left for me. Months later, I got to know that she made some. B b boyfriends during the holiday and had a whole lot of fun.

Things was well that period and I was gaining grounds until school resumed and she was made to come back home to me. No doubt what happened was not surprising, I started deteriorating exponentially in financial sense. I spent all the money and didn't make any while she was around. I just accepted everything.

We went back to our old ways. School fees issues came and had nothing on me. She was under scholarship by the Delta State Desopadec chairman, Hon. Michael Diden(ejele 1). So her fees came in time but mine was still an issue.

After thorough thinking, I decided to establish contact with my extended family members to solicit for help. My family happened to be one of the richest in Delta state, my uncle so to speak. When I messaged him on WhatsApp, he read it and snubbed. I was surprised because this man was fond of education and seeing him react like that to me, I knew something was wrong.

My female cousin happened to be a magistrate in Delta State, she was doing well for herself and her family. I can't even go through the days i had to eat crumbs from her in exchange for washing all the clothes, rags in the house. Washing the toilet, sweeping and running errands. She would verbally abuse me which wasn't all that annoying as it was her nature to me but she made it an habit and a drop of respect she never had for me. Though her dad later sent the money to her, she told me he didn't and said she would borrow me 100K to pay 170k in 1 months. Typical family folks. What would you do in that ?.

It was this Cousin of mine that told me her father called her to tell her that I chatted him on WhatsApp and what an effontry, after all he heard about me. My cousin told me my elder brother told my uncle I was a crook, that I and my girlfriend fought my mum and I killed my mum and dad using witchcraft etc. My brother could be very persuasive!

This is bad, I was beginning to panic even more. The truth is, I didn't have a close relationship with my family because my mum had always loved my elder brother and presumed me a failure. This affected me while growing up, my mum was against the idea of sending me to school even though it was my dad bearing the cost. She suggested I learn folkinizing job(pumping tyres for vehicles). My elder brother, my mum's pride was already in Uniport at that time. My first admission to the university, my mum had to stop me in 300level citing that it would be wrong for me to graduate before my elder brother. I was young then and could not oppose that decision. I took jambs several times and had to forfeit the admission for her excuses...

My elder brother(Emmanuel) spent 7 years in the university. It was during his fourth year in school that I defiled all odds and saved money for my school. As for my dad, he always listened to my mum. I was the closest son to my dad and no doubt he loved me. It was not always so from the beginning until I stopped in 300level and had to spend time at home. At that time, my dad had stroke and could do little though it was not severe that time. We would be at home together gisting and we developed strong bond then. His children, my brother and sister, step brothers and sisters were already giving him attitude because of his incapability.

My dad told me he regrets not paying my school fees and that my mum would have been angry if he defiled her. He told me he would want to see me graduate before he leaves this world. My bond with my dad was way beyond marriage lol. I stood for him when my sisters abused him verbally because he could not move or take his bath. I stood for him when everybody was oppressing him because of his limitations. And I was grown enough to tell my mum I won't take her side when she was acting against my principle. Most times against my dad and my step brothers.

I later went back to the university. My dad gave my elder sister 1.2 million to see me through school. After paying for one session, my sister said the money was exhausted. I can bet my left balls she didn't spend up to 100K before she said that.

My dad could not move and entrusted his financial assets under my elder brother. This include his bank account. During this period, my elder brother connived with my mum and they bought bikes and gave them out on hire purchases. While they took money through the arm, they would delete the alert from the phone until a day they made error and my dad saw his balance. I was in school when this happened and my dad called me to come home and that Emmanuel was defrauding him. I shouldn't have involved myself, but somehow I left to see him. When I got home, he instructed me to call my step brothers and when they came, he told them about this.

This turned out to be a serious problem. I thought they would be angry my elder brother defrauded my dad but it turned out they were angry because my dad entrusted his money to my brother. Things quickly escalated and I stood just watching...

As usual, I became the fall man. My mom and my siblings declared war on me that I was fighting my elder brother for property and I that I allegedly reported Emmanuel(his favorite son) to my step brothers in order for us to kill his son in our supposed coven...

My mom was a very religious woman. Her religiousity was born out of the concept that one of her child must be a witch or a wizard. Being the least favorite, i became the scape goat for the title.

The issue was a serious one. One that reduced
my confidence and pride of security greatly. But it was not the first time, I have always being the Forest Gump of the family. Looked down on, thought to be worthless and not worthy for investment. Like I said, it was not the first time my mum called me a wizard and not the first time hatred was thrown at me. But at this time, I was brave enough to challenge them and defend my dad's right for respect, after all, there was nothing to loose anymore, I was already paying for my school fees and struggling all by myself to survive.

*THIS IS BECOMING VERY LONG SO I WILL JUST TYPE IT UNDER COMMENT*

1 Like

Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by orikoku: 3:58pm On May 06, 2023
Guy, shake it off and move on
Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by Jennymine(f): 3:59pm On May 06, 2023
Sorry
Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by Solidkay(m): 4:05pm On May 06, 2023
Loan sharks are not out there to help anyone, rather they lure you with juicy offers of low interest rates and before you realize it, you're already knee deep in debts,
Then you'll start borrowing more to offset the previous loans until you hit a brick wall and then you default,
Next thing you know, people start calling you and asking what or who did you involved yourself with that's making them get nasty msgs about you.

My advice, avoid them like plaques....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by Oblongata: 4:10pm On May 06, 2023
So you intended not to return the money again fa?
Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by lexrichy(m): 4:33pm On May 06, 2023
So you still put woman for house join your suffer.
Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by NapoleonHill: 5:27pm On May 06, 2023
Your cousin owes you nothing. Know that and know peace.
Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by Benki003(m): 5:35pm On May 06, 2023
I wanted to say something about ur girlfriend staying with you but since she's helping out with the money it's cool, bur I think it would be a good decision if you let the lady go sha

But then always have hope it's life for you nothing is rosy

1 Like

Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by Goldstear: 5:36pm On May 14, 2023
So there was a time when I was depressed trying to get my school fees. My anxiety was beginning to make me loose my mind and started acting crazy. I was still dating this girl and in her own characteristics ingenuity was propelling me to to push my family members harder. This is where the idea of calling my uncle came. I was lucky enough to get in touch with a cousin that connected me with a very wealthy Cousin, Ojevwe.

I called Ojevwe that day and after the introduction and clarification, I told him about the school fees. I was still drowning in online loan app debts and they already were calling my contacts to slander me. I will come to this later.

So, my cousin Mr Ojevwe agreed to help. He sent me the money in full even though we've never met before. This was a big deal to me, because no one has ever done something like that for me before, I mean aside my dad. He encouraged me to focus on my studies and meet up with the exams.

Problem started when the loan app called him and told him I used his number to take loan and thus he should pay. He called me feeling betrayed, "why would I do something like that ?" He obviously doesn't know how these loan sharks work. So I explained to him. Well, he didn't believe me fully but agreed to send me the money in the evening. In the afternoon I had no airtime on my phone so I knocked on my Cousin's door(Dr. Mamerhi). I begged him to use his phone to flash someone very important even though he was reluctant, he was in a good mood that day so he just agreed. I called Cousin Ojevwe, he said okay he would call me later. I was very happy but I didn't tell Dr. Mamerhi because my girl advised me not to. According to her, this my cousin Mamerhi doesn't like me and would want to spoil things for me. Turned out she was not far from the truth.

That evening, my cousin Ojevwe called Mamerhi's number. A sane person would have directed the caller to call my line but instead, he did something unforgivable.

I called Cousin Ojevwe eventually and he was very angry. He said Dr. Mamerhi told him everything about me. That am a useless boy and he shouldn't send me any money that I was defrauding him. He told him I intentionally used his number to take the loan and that I ate the school fees. Also, he said he gave me a home and everything in it but I can't take care of it and instead I was going about housing different girls... I can only imagine now the gravity of his hate, for this same Mamerhi told me he had just 1500 to help me with when I told him about my school fees. My school fees was about 100k. Same Mamerhi was saying all these horrible things to someone willing to help me. He said more actually but let just stick to these ones for now. My good cousin Ojevwe told me everything with anger and warned me not to ever call his number again.

I was sad and angry at the same time. How dare Mamerhi ? Same man that wouldn't lend me money. I walked down to his cottage and jokingly brought the subject up about Uncle Ojevwe calling me. He was shocked Ojevwe called me so in defence he shouted at me and tell me he told him all those things and what can I do about it ?. He was all ready to throw my stuffs out of the 1 room bq, so I just apologized for bringing the subject up, I bowed down my head and walked down to my room to cry. That day, my girlfriend wasn't home. She was probably having sex with one niggar she met probably that week... Yes, I evolved to predict her move and what she does.

Dr. Mamerhi's action was a big blow to me but I could do nothing about it. I had to look for a way to move ahead. My lecturers and course mate already got the same call from these loan sharks. I was very afraid, ashamed and depressed. My entire day was filled with loan sharks calling and no one else. I stopped going to class that period just to contain my shame.

But there had been worse days. At a time when I was still struggling to eat and one of his wealthy student, that happened to be close to him initiated a conversation with me. I was happy I was getting an "update" on how a 22yr old student could get a flashy car and a house. The boy promised to put me through some other time. The guarantee was there, I was excited. I told my girl and she was like "Doctor Boy ?, Better not tell Dr. Cos he go tell the boy make he nor help you o." Guess what, that's what happened. I jokenly asked about the boy one day and mentioned it. That was the end of it. When the boy came, he gave me attitude. Obviously getting away from me and very mad at me. I got to know from Doctor's sister that Doctor told the boy not to get close to me for whatever reason.

I could go on and on about the hate served to me on a bowl of helplessness. I could not see the future and the past was built with spikes.

Doctor Mamerhi, a medical doctor, a lecturer of Anatomy. A two time employee of the Delta State University was an ingenious person. A character i admired greatly from afar before I got to him. I admired this man because i learnt alot from him, one can easily pick up one or two ways to address certain issues from his perspective. Also, his peculiar nature towards women and not his former wife. To him, women are treasure, worthy to be adorned except those ones in the house. For time later, i was told how he beats his wife to pulp and threaten to kill her if she doesn't leave the house. In his defense, she doesn't find her sexually attractive anymore....

I laughed when i heard this ridiculous excuse. Even as a boy in his mid 20s, i understood very well that cohabiting with a lady will sometimes create a negate attraction or a repugnant situation but this will only be temporary. I find it absurd and a mockery of his supposed gender superior principle. But who am i to judge his life and decision ?

I still remember how he lord over me while i was still living in that boy's quarters. He would say "in as much as you are in this town(Abraka) you will do whatever i say." Very funny man. But then, this man whom i was very fond of created an unforgivable bitterness in my heart. I can't write much about my experience while i was with him.

At the time I was battling with school fees. It came to my notice that a former student that traveled to the UK sent him £2k to be used to support indigent students. Speaking of Indigents, i could see no better person to fit that profile than a maternal cousin that came for a visit. The cousin was an orphan and being an engineering student, he was struggling with the hype in school fees. And i. I was already an indigent as at that time. But like the nature of this man, he announced it on Twitter that he wants to help students and then he shared part of the money to total strangers while the both of us(i and the other unnamed cousin) were struggling to pay ours. The desire to appeal to the public as a saviour...

Like i said, who am I to judge his life choices ?. These very ones i mentioned hurts me even scaring me for life.

My days with Dr. Mamerhi were filled with bitterness and suicidal notions. Each day, I would wake with the intention to commit suicide but never had the audacity to do so. I was barely surviving in the presence of abundance.

Dr. Mamerhi's main house was just few feet away from my room. His mother lived there, also Abraham, a maternal who also was an indigent. Lucky for Abraham, he could get scrap from the little the old woman lives behind.

One thing I just didn't understand back then was what I did to deserve those treatment. His mother hated me and would stop me from going into the house. Although, she once mentioned that Doctor told her not to allow me access to the main house. This reminds me of an event that happened before I moved in with Doctor. One holiday, I went to his place to borrow 2k, this happened when I was in 100level 2nd semester and was living in my own self contained apartment outside campus. I was weary of living in my hostel and getting no money from anyone that period....

WHY I WENT BACK TO SCHOOL.

I went back to the university because of my mum. I wanted to prove to her that i could do whatever Emmanuel( my elder brother) could do. I went to the university to defile her decision over my life and even though she never loved me, she was very dear to my heart even years after her death.
Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by dionma: 5:54pm On May 14, 2023
The kind shege all these loan companies don show Nigerians eh. You fit write like 10 books on an and stories go still plenty. The wife of a debtor was just killed by these loan hoodlums. They have to be severely regulated and their operations sanitized.

1 Like

Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by Kittytom9909: 10:24pm On May 14, 2023
Reading all these, OP I bet you are the star of your family and you still have a very long way to go. You just have to become stronger independently, emotionally, physically and spiritually infact in all corners of your life. See you have to pick yourself up and stand firmly so that you will conquer and make your problems and foes bow down to you. I'm not saying it's going to be easy but you must just do it. And for your girl and financial isuues....Bro when women sleep with different manhood most especially yahoo guys she ought to do cleansing and supposed to be spiritually guarded so as not to affect you. I understand the situation of you both but it's very dangerous as you are living and engaging with her without cleasing. It might lead to prolonged ruin of destiny. And for your extended family issue not supporting you... You can't do it by fighting them verbally or physically all you need to do is phycological strength and prayers to counter them. Pray the more and say positive things and declaration and affirmations always and everytime.
Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by Meath: 4:50pm On May 23, 2023
Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by Meath: 4:55pm On May 23, 2023
Following
Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by Meath: 4:56pm On May 23, 2023
NEXT ONE BELOW
Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by Meath: 4:57pm On May 23, 2023
Re: Autobiography: A Sad Life by Reminderz: 6:02pm On May 23, 2023
sleeping with a girl who's sleeping with multiple men will cause you more harm than good and bring you bad lucks... the money she's giving you for free is more costlier than what you think it is.. the money she's giving you is just an illusion... you need to detach yourself from her or avoid sleeping with her... she's a distraction and you need to focus now more than ever..

it's obvious your cousin is on course to ruin you and he's blocking your path.. try as much as possible to stay away from him and find a place you can be staying for a while if possible... go and engage in labour work and see if anyone can be of help around the neighborhood... don't tell your family or cousin about your condition because from your story, they are planning to ruin your life... save yourself man.. the world is already harsh for men, reading your story is so heartbreaking; that's if all what you're saying is the truth..

also find a way to offset your debts as fast as possible... bro, at this time of your life, be prepared for war..

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Be Careful Who You Meet Online See How Instagram Model Is Killed By A Man / Beware You Can Loose Your Life Making Phone Calls Near A Millitary Check Point I / Boyfriend Of Funke Balogun, Confesses About Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.