Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi (393 Views)

I’m Confident My Relationship With Kwankwaso Will Be Good – Ganduje / Lagos Guber: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Sanwo-olu / I’m Confident Of Winning The Election, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Antimandatethie(m): 9:22am On May 07, 2023
Obi said he believed his ascension will give better support to poorer ones, especially in Africa.

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, in the February 25 presidential election, Peter Obi has congratulated King Charles III and Queen Camilla on their coronation.

The congratulatory message was contained in a post via his verified Twitter handle on Saturday.

Recall that King Charles III was officially crowned on Saturday in Westminster Abbey. Also, Camilla was crowned as the Queen consort.

The former Anambra State governor in his message said he is confident King Charles would champion the protection of global environment.

He wrote,
“I most heartily congratulate King Charles III and Queen Camilla on their coronation today. As one who is honoured to have personally met and discussed with you, especially on your campaigns for development and climate issues, I am confident in your desire to champion the protection of our global environment for good.

“I believe that your reign will foster greater peace and security in the United Kingdom, and other Commonwealth nations to which Nigeria belongs.

“By your ascension to the throne, I do hope that the richer commonwealth countries will give better support to poorer ones, especially in Africa, on a broad range of economic issues.

“May God grant you health and wisdom to function in your new position.”

PO

Peter Obi Tweets

Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Felabrity: 9:23am On May 07, 2023
Obi is the GOAT

1 Like

Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Jones4190(m): 9:24am On May 07, 2023
this is coming from the deportee president

1 Like

Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Exc2000: 9:38am On May 07, 2023
Gully erosion in Anambra would be part of King Charles concern
Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Tntsi: 9:53am On May 07, 2023
I most heartily congratulate King Charles III and Queen Camilla on their coronation today. As one who is honoured to have personally met and discussed with you

A good name and honest living will take you to places where fraudulent and druggie activities cannot.

With all the amassed wealth of tinubu, countless properties in the UK and beyond, tunubu has not had that privilege of personally meeting the king. Meanwhile Peter Obi, a trader has access because of a good name

Stay out of fraud oo. E get why.

Jones4190:
this is coming from the deportee president

Mandate recovery proper kicks off tomorrow. By the time PODATTI is through with your drug lord master, you will understand that humility is not stupidity..
Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Bbgbs23: 9:59am On May 07, 2023
Who is Peter Obi?
The 3rd position claiming 1st?
Make May 29 come sharp sharp make e congratulate JAGABAN.
Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by DMerciful(m): 9:59am On May 07, 2023
Obi know how to engage with things that matters
Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:08am On May 07, 2023
Attention seeker
Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by helinues: 10:11am On May 07, 2023
The nuclear reactor doing everything to remain relevant
Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Antimandatethie(m): 10:24am On May 07, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Attention seeker
Happy sunday!!
Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Jones4190(m): 10:24am On May 07, 2023
Tntsi:

Mandate recovery proper kicks off tomorrow. By the time PODATTI is through with your drug lord master, you will understand that humility is not stupidity..
Peter Obi is not the candidate of LP

According to section 77 (2&3) of the electoral act 2022, Peter Obi is not a member of Labour party. As a result, he is not qualified to contest the February 25, 2023, presidential election. Section 77 (2) says every political party must have/maintain a register of its member in soft and hard copy. 77(3) says each party SHALL MAKE THAT REGISTER AVAILABLE TO INEC NOT LATER THAN 30 DAYS BEFORE THE DATE FIXED FOR PRIMARIES, CONGRESSES OR CONVENTION. PDP screened all presidential candidates on April 29th, 2022.

Peter Obi participated in that screening and was cleared. Obi even displayed his provisional clearance on social media. He resigned from PDP on Thursday, May 26th, 2022, to join Labour party on May 27th, 2022. Labour party conducted her presidential primary on May 30th, 2022 and it produced Obi after Prof. Pat Utomi voluntary withdrew for Obi.

According to the section 77(3), Labour party ought to have submitted the party register to INEC 30 days before the presidential primary. By calculation, 30 days to May, 30th, 2022 was April 30, 2022. As at April 30th, 2022 when labour party had submitted the party register to INEC, Peter Obi was a member of PDP.

So, Obi name was not part of those in the party comprehensive register that was submitted to INEC. The question is, can a candidate who is not a valid member of a political party contest for presidential election? Can a political party nominate non member to participate in presidential election? The tribunal will be of fireworks and shall be interesting in days to come.
Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:27am On May 07, 2023
Antimandatethie:

Happy sunday!!
Thanks and you too
Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by LeoDeKing: 10:32am On May 07, 2023
Pandora Obituary speaking from experience.

His activities in UK was actually a nuisance to the global environment and was very impressed with the way he was timely tamed by detention and subsequent deportation to Nigeria.

But when will he use his position as the online president to beg king Charles to give royal pardon to Ekweremadu? Or he is waiting for Buhari or Tinubu to do that on his behalf? Self entitlement thingy.
Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Antimandatethie(m): 10:32am On May 07, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Thanks and you too
Its very cul, Hope you are gudcheesy
Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Christistruth03: 10:44am On May 07, 2023
Na lie
From a former Governor of Anambra?

Anambra is Notorious for it's lack of Concern
for the environment and even dead bodies
were thrown into the Azu River under Peter
Obi

Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Lanretoye(m): 10:48am On May 07, 2023
Who sabi this one,forming to have engaged the king on climate issue in what capacity?.
The king be like:na where me a d this one for meet.
Re: King Charles III: I’m Confident You Will Protect Global Environment – Peter Obi by Flick490(m): 11:31am On May 07, 2023
When the Authentic Winner speaks, you would know a President is speaking.
God should pls help Nigerians by Making his Excellency Sir PETER GREGORY OBI to become president else we are finished

(1) (Reply)

Are We Not Part Of Nigeria?” Ifeanyi Ubah Asks As He Demands South-east Senate P / Nigeria's Fuel Subsidy, NNPC Is A Crime Scene! / Police locking up people for misdemeanor offence cause of congestion in prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.