Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Different South African Tribes - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Different South African Tribes (67089 Views)

South African Celebrities Who Are Traditional Healers/native Doctors / Meet The African Tribes That Offers Wife To Guests / South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Different South African Tribes by lifenajeje(m): 12:43pm On May 09, 2023
ogashman:
Apart from having xenophobic tendencies, South Africans re lovely people.

I love their culture and language (the one they use in their contemporary songs).

I also love their dancing style (the one, where they raise their legs and then stamp them on the ground,repeatedly).

I don't know if their traditional wedding rites are expensive but I watched a movie where a white south African fell in love with a black girl.. he brought a truck load of cows...well fed cows oh not those hungry looking cows people celebrate in our country as if they bought heaven and earth ..

Multiply 30 well fed cows by say 500k to know the value in Nigeria ..

Don't know if cows are cheaper in South Africa..

The cows were used for dowry payment .

I love playing SA amapiano beats....in fact, I had one amapiano mix on repeat since last week....dope hits.

I love their musical artists like, deep London, bohle, kaspa nyovest, aka, and the likes.

Samantha124, pls write abt their cultures, food,language, population, regions where they re found, etc.

Also, is marrying a south African Lady as expensive as marrying a south Eastern Nigerian lady?

Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 09, 2023
All Bantu women from East Africa to southern Africa apparently are gifted with their behinds.

I don't know anything about it because I really don't pay attention to it, do you pay attention to your fellow men's dicks and balls
Omoawoke:

We know you know, just tell us, which tribe os known for having the biggest booty

4 Likes

Re: Different South African Tribes by achimendy(m): 12:44pm On May 09, 2023
Zonefree:
Forget patriotism, South Africa get fine girls abeg.

See fine tall girl with tender skin.
No bleaching
No toothpick legs
No burnt knuckles like PH bolΓ©
No protruded belly as a result of excess goat meat pepper soup and catfish pepper soup coupled with Smirnoff ice and hollandia yoghurt.

Nigerian girls are mostly short like fire hydrant. You hardly see a tall and pretty Nigerian girl.

God bless South African girls for me abeg. See as girl set and fresh like today's bread. kiss kiss kiss

Hahahaha, bros take am easy abeg, what you said about Nigerian girls is the truth but not all of them.

Our girls are beautiful, but most of them don't maintain their good body shape because of fish pepper soup etc.

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by ghettochild(m): 12:44pm On May 09, 2023
N3TRAL:

If I finally decide to marry an African girl in future and I don't settle for a Nigerian bitch, I'll definitely tie the knot with a South African princess.

They don't need BBL or liposuction. They're the standard, Mzanzi babes have the phenotype of the perfect women.

But no how, no how, I must pummel 50 Mzanzi coochies before I clock 30. May God give me the grace to represent Nigeria well because I hear say dem women na stallion.
You are very welcome..
You go even knack more than 50 cos na only to knack dem Sabi...both old n young hence the high teenage pregnancy rate..

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by tubolancer(m): 12:46pm On May 09, 2023
mysticwarrior:
I love the Xhosa and sotho people, Zulus are hostile, those Swazi girls looks like Igbo girls.
Una don come, I beg non of them resemble Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Karnice600: 12:46pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
The problem is that these people are the most isolated people here in SA, most of them still shy away from modernization, they're like the Amazon people... Finding latest and decent pictures of them is close to impossible.

Those are true Africans. They probably don't want to align with the "colonial" ways of life, so they won't have a Colonial mentality. grin grin
They're like lhordspy and Co.
Re: Different South African Tribes by Father4all: 12:46pm On May 09, 2023
[quote author=Samantha124 post=123025150]I'm not gonna lie, I don't know anything about the Hottentus, I'm hearing about it for the first time.

As for the Bantu people, what I know is that all black South Africans apart from the Khoisan are Bantu people.

It's not a tribe, but an ethnic group of people mainly from southern and East Africa... I'm also a Bantu person.. Our languages can be similar here and there.

For example, in Swahili when they say no problem, they say "hakuna matata" but in my language which is Sepedi we'd say " a gona mathata"

We don't have Swahili in SA or in our neighbouring countries, but because we're Bantus, our cultures and languages can be similar.
The Bantu people are also the Zulu people

2 Likes

Re: Different South African Tribes by nwetadinobi042(m): 12:47pm On May 09, 2023
I am tired of being a Nigerian, i wish to become a South African, i love SA a lot, i had dreams and wishes of living in CT when i was young
Samantha124:
1. Xhosa
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 09, 2023
It's because they're popular, you guys don't know about other tribes... Every black South African you see, you assume he or she's Zulu and whenever you hear a black South African speaking his or her native language, you assume it's Zulu.
Hassanmaye:

The reason why Zulu remains people's favourite is because they have beautiful women. Just like any other tribe

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Singlenhappy(f): 12:47pm On May 09, 2023
Na anus you find come?
VeryWickedPrick:
Someone asked an important question above.
Which tribe has the biggest yansh over there?

Answer us!
Re: Different South African Tribes by baralatie(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
All Bantu women from East Africa to southern Africa apparently are gifted with their behinds.

I don't know anything about it because I really don't pay attention to it, do you pay attention to your fellow men's dicks and balls
πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
Re: Different South African Tribes by Weathered: 12:48pm On May 09, 2023
Zonefree:
The Xhosas are the TIVs of Nigeria.
what historical evidence supports this claim ?
Re: Different South African Tribes by PNomsule: 12:48pm On May 09, 2023
Zonefree:
The Xhosas are the TIVs of Nigeria.
The Tivs originally wandered first from Southern Africa, hence you may be right.
Re: Different South African Tribes by ghettochild(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2023
Zonefree:

Remove hook up, 98.784% of Nigerian girls for dey suffer kwashiorkor. Hunger for don deal with them.

As per the virgin aspect, ensure the virgin is first grade. Don't settle for all these girls claiming virgin when they're not. Any virgin wey don collect kissing, smooching and fingering from man is not a first grade virgin.

Don't settle for less and may the force always be with you.

Come SA n marry Virgin or Virgins if you get enough money for lobola( dowry)

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Creeper: 12:48pm On May 09, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

What tribe is blessed with the biggest ass?

Zulu and it’s not even close, lol.

You need to go to Durban and you might lose your mind.

When I went there - I did Cape Town, Jo’burg and Durban.

Great country tho.

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 09, 2023
They all wear something underneath, so you can't see anything, but they all dance like that.
tonicyril:
Ehenn!!
Do their men also use to display their gbolas? grin grin
Re: Different South African Tribes by lifenajeje(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2023
ogashman:
Apart from having xenophobic tendencies, South Africans re lovely people.

I love their culture and language (the one they use in their contemporary songs).

I also love their dancing style (the one, where they raise their legs and then stamp them on the ground,repeatedly).

I love playing SA amapiano beats....in fact, I had one amapiano mix on repeat since last week....dope hits.

I love their musical artists like, deep London, bohle, kaspa nyovest, aka, and the likes.

Samantha124, pls write abt their cultures, food,language, population, regions where they re found, etc.

Also, is marrying a south African Lady as expensive as marrying a south Eastern Nigerian lady?

Don't know how expensive their traditional marriage rites are but I watched a movie where a white boy brought a truck load of well fed cows as dowry ( not the kind of cows that cubana chief priest no let us hear word oh )

Samantha123 do they actually use truckload of cows for dowry payment or it was just a movie .
Re: Different South African Tribes by Evergreen4(m): 12:49pm On May 09, 2023
Op, please can you link me up with any Zulu babe
Re: Different South African Tribes by sprints1: 12:49pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
8. Your favorite tribe, Zulu.. grin grin grin
amazing people but they are something else when angry. They get angered easily and dem no send your papa
Re: Different South African Tribes by 1Sharon(f): 12:49pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm talking about black South Africans, not white South Africans.

I've always wanted to know, what's the relationship like now with the white & black South Africans?

And how do yall communicate? In English? Do they understand the language of black South Africans and do you understand theirs?
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 09, 2023
Lol.. Maybe you keep procrastinating until it's too late.. grin grin grin
LordErrk:

Bloody hell. Abi dem swear for me to always be late ni? You're like the 4th person that have told me it's too late
Re: Different South African Tribes by Weathered: 12:51pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
It seems like most of y'all usually assume that all black South Africans are Zulus, when that is not true. We have 10 different tribes here and each tribe is different from the other. I don't know how many times I was called a Zulu here.. grin grin grin

So I thought I should list the tribes for you guys.

2. Tsonga.
of course we know there are different tribes in black South Africa and Zulu is the largest in population.

However, because South Africa has the longest slaving history in Africa we simply group all black South Africans as Zulu for the name sounds stupid and silly as in Z--OO-LOO.

It really depictes a people who were half naked with spears and poisonous arrows charging at white invaders who were armed with guns.
Re: Different South African Tribes by 1Sharon(f): 12:52pm On May 09, 2023
baralatie:
We learn everyday.
I am still expecting a Zulu on Nairaland though.
I have seen Botswana, Zimbabwean and but not yeta Zulu person.
You are the first sa true blood here .
And you post shows you want to correct an impression which is good

Did people really think that South Africa consisted of just one tribe? Is there any African country at all with just one tribe?

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Bakrabas: 12:52pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm not gonna lie, I don't know anything about the Hottentus, I'm hearing about it for the first time.

As for the Bantu people, what I know is that all black South Africans apart from the Khoisan are Bantu people.

It's not a tribe, but an ethnic group of people mainly from southern and East Africa... I'm also a Bantu person.. Our languages can be similar here and there.

For example, in Swahili when they say no problem, they say "hakuna matata" but in my language which is Sepedi we'd say " a gona mathata"

We don't have Swahili in SA or in our neighbouring countries, but because we're Bantus, our cultures and languages can be similar.

I thought the Khoikhoi were the Khoisan, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I learnt everything i Know about South Africa from book. If start narrating the South African history for you, you'll think probably I'm from there or been there before.

I've B.A (Hon.) in History and International relations and about to go for M.sc in Criminology.

There's nothing to correct you for because it's your country

No Matter how, I can't know much than you
I love South Africa and I studied deeply about their pre colonial history

From the time of How each tribe migrated from the East mountain down to their arrival to the present land, to Bantu war, to Ndebele war, to the inter marriage between the San and Khoikhoi that eventually turned to Khoisan

To the domination of Xaka d'Zulu, to the arrival of the Dutch company, to the advent of the Boers that lead to the Great Trek , to the Apartheid, to Transverse Riot...

Ndiya khonda

Ndiya khukumbula

Samantha124

I hope you can still help me in my research, I still want to know more.

2 Likes

Re: Different South African Tribes by Chronosvineberg(m): 12:52pm On May 09, 2023
N3TRAL:

I want make my money stay within Nigerian families, na why I dey consider Naija babe. Normal normal, nothing join me with them.

Nigerian girls don spoil finish. My cousins inclusive. Hookup don become part of their need for survival. Ban hookup today and see mortuaries full with bodies of those breeders.

If I marry a Nigerian girl, she must be less than 23 years old, a virgin (original one wey I go use foreign lubricant before I fit penetrate πŸ˜‚), she must not have had a boyfriend in her life because dem like oral and anal pass the main thing these days sef, she must not be on social media, her parents must be living in their own mansions and she must not post videos on social media.

I still dey find her Sha.

She go still shock you too
Re: Different South African Tribes by tonicyril: 12:52pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
They all wear something underneath, so you can't see anything, but they all dance like that.

What is dhe meaning and functionality of what they wore underneath when in real sense I can see the shape, size, colour of the upper part of the laps, and everything everything grin grin grin

U did forget to tell me that some don't even wear bra but a sleeveless transparent linen thereby showing us the pointed milk factories grin grin

A for like dey us side ooh, why dem no born me for that side sef? grin
Re: Different South African Tribes by jamesversion: 12:53pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
3. Tswana

I think Ipeleng of BB Titans is from Tswana. I love that gurl. Chaii. grin grin
Re: Different South African Tribes by achimendy(m): 12:54pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
8. Your favorite tribe, Zulu.. grin grin grin

I must confess South Africa is blessed with beautiful women. My obsession for them is out of this world.

They're so so endowed.
Re: Different South African Tribes by Shattuck(m): 12:55pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
It seems like most of y'all usually assume that all black South Africans are Zulus, when that is not true. We have 10 different tribes here and each tribe is different from the other. I don't know how many times I was called a Zulu here.. grin grin grin

So I thought I should list the tribes for you guys.

2. Tsonga.
can you also compile a list of famous south Africans and the tribe they belong to, I know Mandela was Zulu, Casper nyovest, Brenda fassie, makeba etc.
Re: Different South African Tribes by SMARTMOTORS(m): 12:55pm On May 09, 2023
Apart from AKA I have never seen a bearded south African guy
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 09, 2023
Wow! Impressive.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tell me something, where do the Bantu people of SA come from.. grin grin grin
Bakrabas:

I learnt everything i Know about South Africa from book. If start narrating the South African history for you, you'll think probably I'm from there or been there before.

I've B.A (Hon.) in History and International relations and about to go for M.sc in Criminology.

There's nothing to correct you for because it's your country

No Matter how, I can't know much than you
I love South Africa and I studied deeply about their pre colonial history

From the time of How each tribe migrated from the East mountain down to their arrival to the present land, to Bantu war, to Ndebele war, to the inter marriage between the San and Khoikhoi that eventually turned to Khoisan

To the domination of Xaka d'Zulu, to the arrival of the Dutch company, to the advent of the Boers that lead to the Great Trek , to the Apartheid, to Transverse Riot...

Ndiya khonda

Ndiya khukumbula

Samantha124

I hope you can still help me in my research, I still want to know more.
Re: Different South African Tribes by donbenie(m): 12:57pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
1. And lastly, the indigenous people of SA, the Khoisan.
Are they also known as the Hottentots?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid / Ooni Ogunwusi Builds New House 'Paraki White House' In Ife (Pics) / Why Do Igbo People Claim Yoruba Words To Be Theirs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.