Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp (18379 Views)

After $1bn Drop, Nigeria May Suffer Further Decline In FX Inflows – PWC / $10bn Debt: CBN Defaults On Payment To Banks, Dollar Nears ₦‎1,000 / Dangote: My Refinery Will Be Completed By The End Of 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by linearity: 10:40am On May 08, 2023
WhiteNRed:
What a Country can not do, one man has done.

Check behind the scene, you will be surprised the amount of money Nigeria, NNPC & CBN pumped into the ‘Dangote Refinery’ to obtain minimal share interest.

Even after commissioning, it wouldn’t be ready right away to start producing PMS because they need more cash infusion and Nigeria is looking to pump more money in.

Killing Nigeria owned Refineries were deliberate and intentional.

The more you see, the less you know.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by IpobAntidote: 10:41am On May 08, 2023
inoki247:

He has..

Everything no be about Noise or Chestbeating there are people doing things Low-key....

The 100k cash his giving the Sudan War Deportee did you see him make Noise about it ...

Everybody can't be a Noisemaker...

For say na some People get this refinery dem go don tell us how they own the whole of West Africa that they're West Africa Savior....

You already know grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Advocate1810(m): 10:42am On May 08, 2023
BlackAdams007:
He is still a learner, go and learn from people like Bill Gate, Elon Musk...

Learn to be a motivator and stop being stupid.

8 Likes

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by jaxxy(m): 10:43am On May 08, 2023
U don't say shocked

So many assumptions about this refinery that is yet to work or function. Yet they say fuel price won't be cheaper.

we are yet to understand the real benefits of this refinery to Nigerians asides the employment aspects which is normal and expected for any company or industry be it a refinery or not.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Nobody: 10:43am On May 08, 2023
Dangote. grin
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by KINGOFHEART4064: 10:45am On May 08, 2023
The true legend
Sir don't monopolistic the owe thing to affect we masses
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by gracealonev: 10:46am On May 08, 2023
At what cost to the common man
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Jagabanarmy: 10:47am On May 08, 2023
dre11:
Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn in FX, Generate Another $10bn in Exports

*Tasks incoming administration on public-private partnership

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/05/08/dangote-my-refinery-can-save-nigeria-10bn-in-fx-generate-another-10bn-in-exports/
I can only say thank God that he's a Nigerian. please teach these political elites how to be resourceful

1 Like

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by colestephan86: 10:48am On May 08, 2023
Oseniwaje:
With all due respect sir. Someone of your class should have a very renowned NGO that will be recorganized around the continent to give back to the Nigeria you've benefited somuch from. Bill Gate comes to mind.
A child of an idiot

1 Like

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by SaintLucia: 10:48am On May 08, 2023
Thank God Dangote didn't site it in the sadeast if not Naanu and his IPOB will just burn it down without any justification like they did in Lagos during the endsars protest.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Propsvilla(m): 10:50am On May 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by BlackAdams007: 10:50am On May 08, 2023
Advocate1810:

Learn to be a motivator and stop being stupid.

Like the people that brought you up.😏
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Jagabanarmy: 10:52am On May 08, 2023
SaintLucia:
Thank God Dangote didn't site it in the sadeast if not Naanu and his IPOB will just burn it down without any justification like they did in Lagos during the endsars protest.
Election is over! Stop!!! He built it in Lagos because of the market proximity .

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by EngrKemp: 10:52am On May 08, 2023
aieromon:

Aliko Dangote Foundation
https://dangote.com/foundation/about-foundation/
This is not opening
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Successlane: 10:52am On May 08, 2023
bjdon:
Well done Sir Dangote. it's a shame late Yardua reversed OBJ's sale of Kaduna and PH refineries to Dangote, those 2 would have long since been operational at full capacity.
I hope Tinubu will address the power sector and implement reforms that will allow private sector players like Dangote, build and manage power plants as well.

Good observation, but please, what happened to NITEL, ALSCON, etc that were sold?
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Advocate1810(m): 10:53am On May 08, 2023
BlackAdams007:

Like the people that brought you up.😏

I can’t blame you, you don’t experience the joy and happiness of being mothered and fathered by a responsible parents

I rest!!!
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by fedundiran(m): 10:56am On May 08, 2023
BlackAdams007:
He is still a learner, go and learn from people like Bill Gate, Elon Musk...
Okay
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by fedundiran(m): 10:57am On May 08, 2023
May Nigeria and Nigerians succeed.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Abagworo(m): 11:04am On May 08, 2023
bjdon:
Well done Sir Dangote. it's a shame late Yardua reversed OBJ's sale of Kaduna and PH refineries to Dangote, those 2 would have long since been operational at full capacity.
I hope Tinubu will address the power sector and implement reforms that will allow private sector players like Dangote, build and manage power plants as well.

I'm so glad reading someone who understands the disasterous eye service of Yar'Adua that caused the economic and security crisis we're facing till this day. To many his decision to reverse everything made him the best .

1 Like

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by GoodGovernance: 11:06am On May 08, 2023
Oseniwaje:
With all due respect sir. Someone of your class should have a very renowned NGO that will be recorganized around the continent to give back to the Nigeria you've benefited somuch from. Bill Gate comes to mind.

So you've not heard of Dangote Foundation?

It's latest activity was a N100k donation to EACH of our Sudan returnees.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Kingstanding: 11:06am On May 08, 2023
Oseniwaje:
. You're right, in a sane clime Dangote can never be richer than Mike Adenuga. Even a mad man if given the opportunity like the one Dangote is enjoying I am damn sure he will richer than a man who monopolized the economy of Nigeria. Good luck to him and is numerous paddy paddy in government.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by aieromon(m): 11:07am On May 08, 2023
EngrKemp:

This is not opening

I also experienced the same issue. It eventually opened after several attempts.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by ben1daEbiri(m): 11:07am On May 08, 2023
Administration1:
My question remains, will the cabal benefiting from the subsidy allow it to thrive?
- Drilling and exporting our oil to Brazil, Poland, Netherlands etc at our cost. Set of cabals are in charge of this, making millions
- Buying the refined products (PMS only) The Refinery getting the other products like AGO and KPK for free. (Actually not free, another set of crooks selling it to the refinery)
- Paying for the haulage. Another set of individual overcharging for it, yet paying the haulage company peanuts.
- Paying NNPCL paying for storage tanks for it( Another set of crooks making money via over estimation.
-On the other side, crooked individuals (Private importers) importing small numbers, yet saying they are importing tons, but will still collect Tax waivers etc and also being paid a huge sums(subsidy) just to retail to common users.

All the above set of thieves won't allow dangote refineries to work.

Let me give you the sole reason why it's gonna work?

It is because it is privately owned! What the cabal can do is partner with him which do many of the already did with the help of FG because going alone would attract flies (EFCC) to them.

Dangote already spent a lot on this refinery so why would he allow them sabotage it? Again he dines and wine's with the cabal so they already sorted themselves out.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Justbeingreal(m): 11:08am On May 08, 2023
WhiteNRed:
What a Country can not do, one man has done.

Very shameful and it shows we can achieve these things but our looting leaders just don't want progress for this nation..
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by rasazee(m): 11:10am On May 08, 2023
That refinery is not ready for production
SadiqBabaSani:
Will the refinery start producing PMS upon commissioning, that’s what most of us are concerned with. Person don queue tire to buy pms
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Nobody: 11:10am On May 08, 2023
The Man with the Midas Touch.. I salute you my Oga at the Top ... Keep putting Nigeria and Africa on the Map of Prosperity...as you touch more lives directly and indirectly....
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by BennyDGreat: 11:13am On May 08, 2023
Administration1:
My question remains, will the cabal benefiting from the subsidy allow it to thrive?
- Drilling and exporting our oil to Brazil, Poland, Netherlands etc at our cost. Set of cabals are in charge of this, making millions
- Buying the refined products (PMS only) The Refinery getting the other products like AGO and KPK for free. (Actually not free, another set of crooks selling it to the refinery)
- Paying for the haulage. Another set of individual overcharging for it, yet paying the haulage company peanuts.
- Paying NNPCL paying for storage tanks for it( Another set of crooks making money via over estimation.
-On the other side, crooked individuals (Private importers) importing small numbers, yet saying they are importing tons, but will still collect Tax waivers etc and also being paid a huge sums(subsidy) just to retail to common users.

All the above set of thieves won't allow dangote refineries to work.

You have made valid points but if Federal Government eventually says no more to subsidy... automatically most of the issues from these quarters end....it will now be a battle of those who can lobby DANGOTE to favour them as he's going to be the only lifesaver for them....

As usual, some will lose out and run out of the business, while the others who can lobby will thrive.

Either way, it's a win-win for DANGOTE.
Nobody will fight him. The reality is the government is in so much debt they can't afford to sustain the subsidy....
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Espelbengz(m): 11:17am On May 08, 2023
If you don't know something ask next time please, he has an NGO that is doing alot already!

Oseniwaje:

1 Like

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by chiself: 11:17am On May 08, 2023
Oseniwaje:

Have you actually researched this and are positive there is no such organisation?
I would also have thought that building this refinery is giving back to Nigeria.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by baralatie(m): 11:19am On May 08, 2023
Make the refinery start work first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerains Are Suffering, Poverty Is The Reason Behind Kidnapping- Dangote / GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites / Motopay: Sujimoto To Unveil Africa's Largest All-in-one Digital Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.