Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,447 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! (7086 Views)

Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare / "Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams / Which Religion Has Largest Number Of Population (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2011
joyuchesun:

@frosbel what is a "Militant religiously fanatical atheist"?

it seems atheists are getting seriously fanatic these days. who knows, tomorrow we might be having atheist suicide bombers and anti-holy warriors, fighting to convert the world into a non-religious entity. this is serious.

fanaticsm first started with the christians, evolved with the muslims and now i think it might end with the atheists. ""the new trinity"" tongue
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Kay17: 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2011
The current arrangement is best, secular limits which trim the public excesses of religion. Otherwise we commit the crime of dogma
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by joyuchesun: 4:44pm On Sep 29, 2011
@Pagan9ja Do you have any proof of atheists becoming fanatics? Any bombings, killings, extreme acts? If so, please share them. I think the word passionate fits atheists more than fanatic. Atheists do not walk around scaring people talking about the end of the world. There are no atheist suicide bombers, etc. However, many atheists were once believers. And, after much questioning and examination, we found that the God of the bible is not plausible. There is a passion behind sharing this with others, but not to the point of hurting or killing them or even being obnoxious. Atheists do not force their beliefs on others the way organized religious groups do. I have never had an atheist knock on my door to share the "truth" but Christians and Jehovas witnesses do it all the time. So, I do not agree with your term of an atheist fanatic.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 29, 2011
joyuchesun:

@Pagan9ja Do you have any proof of atheists becoming fanatics? Any bombings, killings, extreme acts? If so, please share them. I think the word passionate fits atheists more than fanatic. Atheists do not walk around scaring people talking about the end of the world. There are no atheist suicide bombers, etc. However, many atheists were once believers. And, after much questioning and examination, we found that the God of the bible is not plausible. There is a passion behind sharing this with others, but not to the point of hurting or killing them or even being obnoxious. Atheists do not force their beliefs on others the way organized religious groups do. I have never had an atheist knock on my door to share the "truth" but Christians and Jehovas witnesses do it all the time. So, I do not agree with your term of an atheist fanatic.

what a wonderful response. this also means 'pagan shut the hell up, you dont know what you are saying'.
its only religious peeps who wanna convert you to their own beliefs by all means. if you dont believe you are gonna be put to the sword somehow someday. isnt that absurd?
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:41pm On Sep 29, 2011
joyuchesun:

@Pagan9ja Do you have any proof of atheists becoming fanatics?  Any bombings, killings, extreme acts?  If so, please share them.  I think the word passionate fits atheists more than fanatic.  Atheists do not walk around scaring people talking about the end of the world.  There are no atheist suicide bombers, etc.  However, many atheists were once believers.  And, after much questioning and examination, we found that the God of the bible is not plausible.  There is a passion behind sharing this with others, but not to the point of hurting or killing them or even being obnoxious.  Atheists do not force their beliefs on others the way organized religious groups do.  I have never had an atheist knock on my door to share the "truth" but Christians and Jehovas witnesses do it all the time.  So, I do not agree with your term of an atheist fanatic. 

well if you found the god of the bible false, then why are you clubbing[b] ALL [/b] religions as false concepts angry angry angry

[size=16pt]YOU ARE JUST BEING NARROW AND PREJUDICED. YOU, IN MY EYES, ARE NO DIFERRENT FROM THEM FANATICAL MUSLIMS AND XTIANS, SPEWING FALSE HATRED ALL OVA OUR BELOVED MOTHER EARTH[/size].
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 30, 2011
How can Religion divide man against man.

Religion makes all man unequal.

Convenant University in the name of religion shuts out Muslim students. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-771573.0.html

What a pity.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by globexl: 4:14am On Oct 01, 2011
diluminati:

Convenant University in the name of religion shuts out Muslim students. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-771573.0.html

What a pity.

Thank you.
what else needs to be said?
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 01, 2011
Religion practised propely is supposed to:

-Bring peace to the individual.
-Make him morally upright, thereby reducing crime and immorality in the larger society.
-Give him faith, which in turn motivates him and guides his actions hoping for a better place eternally.
-Help him relate in harmony with others in society. . .etc

Religion is supposed to make man a better person and the society a better place.

However, being a fanatic or bigot causes a lot of problems.
It's sad that evil people have decided to use religion to manipulate others.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 01, 2011
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2011
diluminati:

What a pity.

About the same way hitler thought blue-eyed blonde aryans are a master race and blacks like you and Jesse Owens are subhumans who should not be sharing the stage with whites?

Like Frosbel has explained here, many of you are just plain blind.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by manmustwac(m): 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2011
Religion blinds you from reality
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2011
manmustwac:

Religion blinds you from reality

the reality of what exactly? The realities of the brutal repression of freedom in Chairman Mao's atheistic china for example?
when will confused atheists like yourself be able to actually articulate what you mean in specifics? Arent you tired of just parroting what your white masters have told you to say?
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2011
davidylan:

the reality of what exactly? The realities of the brutal repression of freedom in Chairman Mao's atheistic china for example?
when will confused atheists like yourself be able to actually articulate what you mean in specifics? Arent you tired of just parroting what your white masters have told you to say?
I love this response. like the oxford prof, Dawkins does in promoting the new atheism. its people like these that are actually being caught in the delusion. smdh
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2011
Religion makes men Bitter, look at davidylan.
when you look at stalin and mao, their actions were spurred by religion. even Hitler, all their evil actions had religion as its root cause. You know that davidylan right?
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2011
^^^

grin grin

I will buy you a book on the history of communism and Nazism.

Can't believe you said the above, even your confused atheist friends will be horrified.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2011
diluminati:

when you look at stalin and mao, their actions were spurred by religion. even Hitler, all their evil actions had religion as its root cause. You know that davidylan right?

bitter? na wa o. how did you deduce that from 2 posts both with less than 5 lines combined?

The actions of stalin, mao and hitler did not have religion as a root cause madam. You really need to read history.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 01, 2011
@davidylan
you are bitter inside, my intuition is 100% accurate. i am too to an extent, and religion and its mind control is the cause of it. You cant remain on the fence, either you break out or you become a fanatic (in many ways). i think you are the later (a closet one). you know i'm saying the truth.
I'm telling you the cause of wars is the struggle of man with the idea of God inside of him, thats the ultimate root cause of all evils in the society from time immemorial. its deep, but its the truth. But i believe all will change when Man finally discard the idea of being religious and see life by the minute, the hours and days.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by globexl: 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2011
diluminati:

Thats right. the head of the catholic church in Germany enjoined the people of Germany to listen and head the words of Hitler because Hitler reperesented the voice of God. This is history. There is no evidence whatsoever that Stalin and Mao were   inspired by any athiestic doctrines, because there are none.  
But look back at history. The slave merchants of europe and america(responsible for the deaths of 20million Africans), were they not all christians? The crusades, the inquisitions, the tortures, the burnings, the countless wars , Al queda, maitesine, Boko haram, Rev. Jim jones and the Guyana massacres ,the sexual abuse(violating the bottoms) of young innocent boys by godly catholic preists,and the list goes on. Are all these not inspired by religion?
Which athiest or athiest group has killed scores of innocent children by calling them witches?
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2011
@globexl

damn freaking on point. you know all evils in the world are linked to religion one way or the other. there are wars that religion have aided at the base, in between or at its twilight, but at a certain point it has being the fuel for various misdeeds and atrocities.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2011
diluminati:

@davidylan
you are bitter inside, my intuition is 100% accurate. i am too to an extent, and religion and its mind control is the cause of it.

If you are bitter then say so, its not accurate to project your own feelings of inadequacy on others just because it makes you feel good. I am very far from being bitter, i am secure in my beliefs already so thanks.

Religion is equivalent to mind control only to those who seek an excuse. I am a bible-believing christian . . . and i dont see any evidence of mind control.

diluminati:

You cant remain on the fence, either you break out or you become a fanatic (in many ways). i think you are the later (a closet one). you know i'm saying the truth.

I dont understand this . . . what do you mean by a "fanatic"? I think that's an oft misused, poorly understood, disguise for an ad hominem. So exactly what "truth" are you saying? Have you met me personally or are you judging from 3 posts?

diluminati:

I[b]'m telling you the cause of wars is the struggle of man with the idea of God inside of him[/b], thats the ultimate root cause of all evils in the society from time immemorial. its deep, but its the truth. But i believe all will change when Man finally discard the idea of being religious and see life by the minute, the hours and days.

you are absolutely right. Atheists destroy religionists, freedoms and impose totalitarianism because they wrestle with their own rebellion with God.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 01, 2011
@davidylan

i have the gift of deciphering the human mind even millions of miles away.i dont even need to see you. its between us, what i said, and you know.

davidylan:

If you are bitter then say so, its not accurate to project your own feelings of inadequacy on others just because it you are absolutely right. Atheists destroy religionists, freedoms and impose totalitarianism because they wrestle with their own rebellion with God.

Religion gave birth to Atheism. You have to understand where i'm coming from. If you do agree on that then you have nothing else to say.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2011
diluminati:

@davidylan

i have the gift of deciphering the human mind even millions of miles away.i dont even need to see you. its between us, what i said, and you know.

What you have the gift of is projecting your own self-delusions unto others.

diluminati:

Religion gave birth to Atheism. You have to understand where i'm coming from. If you do agree on that then you have nothing else to say.

the nonsense you read on these pages.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2011
davidylan:

What you have the gift of is projecting your own self-delusions unto others.

which is quite easy seeing the way you call 'muslims' pigs while you are the saint ah ah lipsrsealed

davidylan:

the nonsense you read on these pages.

when i said you are a bitter man, i wasnt projecting thoughts to your head. you did it yourself. hear yourself talking again' the nonsense, '' ah ah. And you know what these nonsense is steadily creating a silent revolution.you know people come here to read the truth and that we will give them. there are yet many more years ahead! cool
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2011
diluminati:

which is quite easy seeing the way you call 'muslims' pigs while you are the saint ah ah lipsrsealed

you most be responding to a complete different post. bizarre the way you keep rambling from one unclear and unrelated position to the other.

diluminati:

when i said you are a bitter man, i wasnt projecting thoughts to your head. you did it yourself. hear yourself talking again' the nonsense, '' ah ah. And you know what these nonsense is steadily creating a silent revolution.you know people come here to read the truth and that we will give them. there are yet many more years ahead! cool

Nonsense - Words or signs having no intelligible meaning
What is bitter about describing a set of words that dont convey either fact or reason?
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2011
diluminati:

@davidylan

pls ma are u a prophetess?

so are u an atheist?
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by italo: 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2011
diluminati:

@davidylan

i thought you were an atheist. that sounds pretty spiritual. how can you prove what you just said?
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2011
italo:

i thought you were an atheist. that sounds pretty spiritual. how can you prove what you just said?

you are looking for words to bring me down. sorry we don't think the same way ah ah
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2011
if i attach a .swf file, will it appear here? how do i do it? i have something of interest to you davidylan.
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2011
madam u are yet to answer my questions. I know u are not religious but are u a witch, judging by the fact that u have a supernatural gift? pls answer my questions
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2011
Like i told you you want to attack me for no reason. You've already concluded i'm a witch. What do i have to tel you, a perceived enemy? nothing. see what religion can turn you into. you think about Enemies, it turns us to living zombies and we dont know it. what if you lived a life without fear, you see every man, every race and every thinking as one? but no, religion would never allow it to be. embarassed
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 01, 2011
i really don't know what begat this comment from u. are u feeling insecured? BTW what gave u such notions that u are being regarded as an enemy? i simply asked u a question based on what u ve alleged that u can read the mind of a human being. if truly u possess such gift, certainly u are not an atheist but a kind of person with sort of spiritual inclination. with your conclusion above, i can also conclude that u read my mind wrongly. u are selling an idea to us about religion. its only fair for us to know who u are simple.

im not here to attack u. pls get such erroneous belief off your mind
Re: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 01, 2011
diluminati:

if i attach a .swf file, will it appear here? how do i do it? i have something of interest to you davidylan.

you can attach a link here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am A Muslim ,i Despise Bokoharam / 5 Questions For Atheists / Angel Descends From Heaven In RCCG Ebute-Metta Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.