Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement (1090 Views)

Wike: Jonathan will automatically loose the support of the SS if he joins APC / The SW, SE And SS Must Remain A Country / The Continuous Attack By Ipob-igbo Movement On Men From Other Tribes Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by richmond500: 1:04pm On May 08, 2023
Today I saw a thread that says there is nothing like SS and the OP was busy insulting anyone who have different opinion.
This rubbish by-force colonization doesnt benefit any of the region.
What we have with the igbos is just common boundary with your states, except that, we are different from any of the big three tribes.
It's just like Edo and some part of Delta sharing border with Ondo but they are not Yorubas.

During the Edo election, the Edo people made it clear to the Yorubas that "Edo no be Lagos". The Yorubas got the message, I did not see any Yoruba that insulted Edo people, no Yoruba man left his state and asked for referendum in Edo land, today the bromance between Edo and Yoruba is still very strong.
But other parts of SS are not allowed to have the luxury of Independence because they share border with Igbo states, if we tell them we love the fact that we are SS, we get insulted for just loving ourselves, even their fellow igbos get insulted for that, we are not allowed to be unique as a region and this is weakening the strong r/ship between the both regions.
A former Nigerian player from Delta was insulted the other day because he said he is not igbo, wtf?

Pls we do not hate any tribe, we just don't want anyone to keep saying we must be part of the big three, respect us and respect our values biko

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by lexylaw40: 1:39pm On May 08, 2023
[b][b]What we have with the igbos is just common boundary with your states, except that, we are different from any of the big three tribes.
It's just like Edo and some part of Delta sharing border with Ondo but they are not Yorubas. Sorry bros point of correction Edo is Yoruba.... even when ever the olu of warri dies his head must be removed and brought back to Ile-de-France ife for proper burial. Fact.

Have ever seen any Benin ruler that is not yoruba

3 Likes

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by KwuoteYourFada: 1:46pm On May 08, 2023
It's tinubu boys that are doing that thing to sow seed of discord

7 Likes

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by Parachoko: 1:56pm On May 08, 2023
lexylaw40:
[b]Sorry bros point of correction Edo is Yoruba.... even when ever the olu of warri dies his head must be removed and brought back to Ile-de-France ife for proper burial. Fact.

You're ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by DMerciful(m): 1:59pm On May 08, 2023
Why are you guys narrow minded? You fight for inconsequential things. I'm Igbo from SS
too, whats the benefit of your thread?

Everybody in Nigeria is living a horrible life except the political class. Those are the people we should be fighting!

If you're from Edo State, do you have a hand in choosing to come from Edo State? Wake up and look at the big picture Igbos are not your enemies
richmond500:
Today I saw a thread that says there is nothing like SS and the OP was busy insulting anyone who have different opinion.
What we have with the igbos is just common boundary with your states, except that, we are different from any of the big three tribes.
It's just like Edo and some part of Delta sharing border with Ondo but they are not Yorubas.

During the Edo election, the Edo people made it clear to the Yorubas that "Edo no be Lagos". The Yorubas got the message, I did not see any Yoruba that insulted Edo people, no Yoruba man left his state and asked for referendum in Edo land, today the bromance between Edo and Yoruba is still very strong.
But other parts of SS are not allowed to have the luxury of Independence because they share border with Igbo states, if we tell them we love the fact that we are SS, we get insulted for just loving ourselves, even their fellow igbos get insulted for that, we are not allowed to be unique as a region and this is weakening the strong r/ship between the both regions.
A former Nigerian player from Delta was insulted the other day because he said he is not igbo, wtf?

Pls we do not hate any tribe, we just don't want anyone to keep saying we must be part of the big three, respect us and respect our values biko

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by richmond500: 2:09pm On May 08, 2023
DMerciful:
Why are you guys narrow minded? You fight for inconsequential things. I'm Igbo from SS

Everybody in Nigeria is living a horrible life except the political class. Those are the people we should be fighting!

If you're from Edo State, do you have a hand in choosing to come from Edo State? Wake up and look at the big picture Igbos are not your enemies
I do not remember saying igbos are my enemies.
I am saying igbos should allow the SS to be addressed as they want to, if any SS wants to align with them, it's fine. They shouldn't jump into it and allow the SS to chose how they want to be addressed.
The relationship between SE and the SS is getting sour every passing day.
In 2015, our relationship was friendly with thesame political value but not so much now.
If things are not addressed, it will escalate into an antagonistic relationship like they have with the Yorubas, if anybody from SS wants to be termed Igbo, that is good but the igbos should not jump into the affairs and start advocating for a referendum in SS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by Tukpa8: 2:11pm On May 08, 2023
lexylaw40:
[b][b]What we have with the igbos is just common boundary with your states, except that, we are different from any of the big three tribes.
It's just like Edo and some part of Delta sharing border with Ondo but they are not Yorubas. Sorry bros point of correction Edo is Yoruba.... even when ever the olu of warri dies his head must be removed and brought back to Ile-de-France ife for proper burial. Fact.

nama brain..

2 Likes

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by Tukpa8: 2:12pm On May 08, 2023
DMerciful:

olodo... simple message, they won't get it... Nama brain

2 Likes

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by Christistruth02: 2:29pm On May 08, 2023
lexylaw40:

Ile de France?

1 Like

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by DMerciful(m): 2:43pm On May 08, 2023
Do not be like Nigeria that is united against Igbos. SS is not one so don't become one to fight against Igbos. There are also Igbos in SS besides SS or SE was proposed by the illegitimate government of Abacha, they're not in the 1999 constitution!
richmond500:
I am saying igbos should allow the SS to be addressed as they want to, if any SS wants to align with them, it's fine. They shouldn't jump into it and allow the SS to chose how they want to be addressed.
In 2015, our relationship was friendly with thesame political value but not so much now.
If things are not addressed, it will escalate into an antagonistic relationship like they have with the Yorubas, if anybody from SS wants to be termed Igbo, that is good but the igbos should not jump into the affairs and start advocating for a referendum in SS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by blabulu2000: 2:46pm On May 08, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:
It's tinubu boys that are doing that thing to sow the seed of discord

Tinubu is also the cause of your family's failure.....
Keep displaying your foolishness in the public

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by paramakina202: 3:17pm On May 08, 2023
richmond500:

You mean the same SS that was created by Ekwueme and other Igbo elites at Abacha constitution conference?
Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by KwuoteYourFada: 3:17pm On May 08, 2023
blabulu2000:

Tinubu is also the cause of your family's failure.....
Keep displaying your foolishness in the public
nairaland is a faceless forum any idiot can think everyone is as wretched as their family is! I'm not the cause of your family problem Rasheed run along

2 Likes

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by D1official: 3:20pm On May 08, 2023
richmond500:
Afonj..what do you mean by "if any one from the south south wants to be termed igbo"?.

Were you not thought the difference between geo political zones and ethnic nationalities?.

For your myopic and deluded brain, igbos occupy entirely the South East and are very significant in south south.

The reason why IGBOS/YORUBA can use tribe and region interchangeably is because they occupy most of there region unlike south southerners.

SO SLEEP AND STOP MAKING NOISE.

1 Like

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by Brownshoe: 4:50pm On May 12, 2023
Baba I beg sub for me 08064357013 no data is too small, God bless you sir
richmond500:

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by toneroforever(m): 5:11pm On May 12, 2023
richmond500:

All these regional names like SE,SS,SW etc are mere nomenclature,it doesn't really matter much. The real identity lies in one's tribe.

It's an undisputed fact that there are Igbos in the SS. It has nothing to do with ur feelings. .

I think the issue lies in the fact that Igbos in the SE & those in the SS (mainly in Delta and Rivers) don't related very well. So that's why the SS Igbos try to deny their Igbo heritage. Unfortunately u can't bite ur nose to spite ur face. I also believe that SE Igbos should reconcile with our Igbo brothers in the SS & address whatever grievances that exist.
Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by gidgiddy: 5:15pm On May 12, 2023
toneroforever:

All these regional names like SE,SS,SW etc are mere nomenclature,it doesn't really matter much. The real identity lies in one's tribe.

It's an undisputed fact that there are Igbos in the SS. It has nothing to do with ur feelings. .

I think the issue lies in the fact that Igbos in the SS(mainly in Delta and Rivers)

The constitution of Nigeria does not recognize anything called SW, SS or SE
Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by tunjiajayi: 5:15pm On May 12, 2023
lexylaw40:

Name the bini oba that said or says he us yoruba?

2 Likes

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by tunjiajayi: 5:16pm On May 12, 2023
gidgiddy:

The constitution of Nigeria does not recognize anything called SW, SS or SE

You want to use political semantics to overule a people?
Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by gidgiddy: 5:22pm On May 12, 2023
tunjiajayi:

You want to use political semantics to overule a people?

What people? The constitution of Nigeria does not recognise anything called SW, SE or SS
Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by baretalk: 5:26pm On May 12, 2023
lexylaw40:

Igbos were our slaves, Onitsha is Edo land, fact. We use to colonize and enslave igbos. Even Nnamdi Kanu the pig knows igbos are slaves to edos.

3 Likes

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by baretalk: 5:27pm On May 12, 2023
gidgiddy:

What people? The constitution of Nigeria does not recognise anything called SW, SE or SS
The constitution of Nigeria does not recognize Biafra and cannibalism. Flat head, no brain minerals.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by AfonjaConehead: 5:28pm On May 12, 2023
Christistruth02:

Ile de France?

Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by tunjiajayi: 5:39pm On May 12, 2023
gidgiddy:

The ibibios, the ijaws, the itshekiri, calabari.
Should these people be enveloped as igbos, because there is " no south south bla bla in the nigerian constitution?

The way you guys reason is not progressive, not inclusive and not tolerant of differences.
Such a clannish way of life.
Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by leanonme82: 5:39pm On May 12, 2023
paramakina202:

You mean the same SS that was created by Ekwueme and other Igbo elites at Abacha constitution conference?

Dey lie small small.
Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 12, 2023
toneroforever:

I think the issue lies in the fact that Igbos in the SE & those in the SS (mainly in Delta and Rivers) don't related very well. So that's why the SS Igbos try to deny their Igbo heritage. Unfortunately u can't bite ur nose to spite ur face. I also believe that SE Igbos should reconcile with our Igbo brothers in the SS & address whatever grievances that exist.

It's not mere nomenclature...SW is Yoruba not Igbo, south south is old Bendel and Delta tribes, south east is Igbo...you sound half baked, or just trying to confuse the ignorant.
Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by paramakina202: 6:25pm On May 12, 2023
leanonme82:

Dey lie small small.

Go ask your elders that went to Abacha national constitution conference 1995 maybe you were still in your mother's womb .
Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by gidgiddy: 7:10pm On May 12, 2023
tunjiajayi:

The ibibios, the ijaws, the itshekiri, calabari.
Should these people be enveloped as igbos, because there is " no south south bla bla in the nigerian constitution?

The way you guys reason is not progressive, not inclusive and not tolerant of differences.
Such a clannish way of life.

How can they be Igbos if they are already Ijaws, Ibibios and Itsekiris? Are you trying to be mischievous?
Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by Stoplying: 7:11pm On May 12, 2023
tunjiajayi:

Name the bini oba that said or says he us yoruba?
It's Oba of Benin kingdom.
And don't mind Yoruba they just love laying claim to Benin. They can't help it. Benin empire is older than Yoruba, but Yoruba love to claim Benin empire originates from Yoruba.
Imagine a 13 year old claiming to be the father of a 59 year old.
Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by Stoplying: 7:15pm On May 12, 2023
toneroforever:

Just like the south west people, those of the south east are also showing signs of imperialism. You guys believe your own hype of "big tribes".
People tell you they are not Igbo, but you disagree with them on their own identity. You believe you know them better than they know themselves 😅

Face the fact, you are just an imperialist of the south-east trying to impose his will on the people of the south-south. It won't work, we are not Igbo, deal with it !

Yoruba= slave
Igbo= cannibal
Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by Stoplying: 7:31pm On May 12, 2023
richmond500:

Historically Ondo-state and Lagos and Delta-state and Edo-state and Rivers... are part of Benin empire therefor they are Edo.
Re: Obidients Should Drop The SS Must Be Igbo Movement by Stoplying: 7:33pm On May 12, 2023
Most Nigerians know very little about history.
Intellectually you guys are in the gutters.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Update About This Peter Obi's Boy? / We Don’t Collect Salary Before Dismissal - Viral Two Ex Police Officer Cries Out / Educational System And One Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.