Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

BREAKING: Sick Tinubu Ran Away From Court, Sent Rejected Lalong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Sick Tinubu Ran Away From Court, Sent Rejected Lalong (493 Views)

Idara Gold Walks Free From Court - Picture / Breaking; Sick Tinubu Groping Like A Drunk, In Kano AS Shown On TVC Yesterday / 'My Dad Was Terribly Sick' - Tinubu's Daughter Admits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Sick Tinubu Ran Away From Court, Sent Rejected Lalong by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 08, 2023
May 8, 2023

Presidential Poll Dispute: You can’t stand in for Tinubu, court tells Gov Lalong

Gov Lalong
Lalong signs 2020 revised budget into law

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri, ABUJA

The Presidential Election Petition Court sitting in Abuja, on Monday, barred Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State from standing before it as the representative of the President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

The Plateau state governor had immediately the first petition that was lodged against the outcome of the 2023 presidential election was called up, stood up and announced himself as Tinubu’s representative.

“My Lord’s my name is Simon Lalong and I am here to represent Tinubu,” the governor stated.

Related News
Nigeria’s 15.8% stake in Shelter Afrique now valued at over $30m - Fashola
IPOB: Uproar as Police parade man in Imo
Senate Presidency: Afegbua meets Nigerians in diaspora, drums support for Akpabio
However, Justice Haruna Tsammani led a five-member panel that declined to recognize him as Tinubu’s representative.

“You cannot represent an individual. Tinubu is not a corporation that would need a representative,” the presiding justice held.

“My Lords, in that case, I will represent the All Progressives Congress, APC,” Governor Lalong responded.

Meanwhile, the court has adjourned further pre-hearing session on the petition the Labour Party and its candidate, Peter Obi filed to nullify Tinubu’s election victory till Wednesday.

The court equally fixed the same date for another petition by the Action Peoples Party, APP, while it adjourned the case of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, till Tuesday.

While adjourning the cases, the court urged the parties to identify all the witness statements and documents they would rely on or object to during the actual hearing of the petitions.

Among those in court to witness the proceedings included the presidential candidate of the LP, Mr Peter Obi.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/presidential-poll-dispute-you-cant-stand-in-for-tinubu-court-tells-gov-lalong/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwj874-Ngub-AhUOS0EAHZVCCHsQFnoECA8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0HvSpsT4RAgQoXlx6PaL42

Re: BREAKING: Sick Tinubu Ran Away From Court, Sent Rejected Lalong by Obiedun(m): 4:13pm On May 08, 2023
A man who sleeps in court on the first day of its sitting has no mandate to recover.

Obi slept off in the court. Kikikikikiki!
Re: BREAKING: Sick Tinubu Ran Away From Court, Sent Rejected Lalong by lexylaw40: 4:14pm On May 08, 2023
Yes daddy it is a religious war
Re: BREAKING: Sick Tinubu Ran Away From Court, Sent Rejected Lalong by Mynd44: 4:20pm On May 08, 2023

(1)

Idan Chronicles By Sir Teju Olaoye��� / US, UK And Nigeria Declare Monday Holiday / How Does The Common Man Benefit From Subsidy Removal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.