Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong (52680 Views)

Tinubu: Court Adjourns Hearing On Peter Obi’s Petition Till Wednesday / ”you Have Till April 16 To Respond To Atiku’s Petition” –appeal Court Tells INEC / To Arrest Fani-kayode, Odumakin, Follow Due Process, Court Tells EFCC, DSS, Poli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by Bobloco: 2:30pm On May 08, 2023
The Presidential Election Petition Court sitting in Abuja, on Monday, barred Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State from standing before it as the representative of the President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

The Plateau state governor had immediately the first petition that was lodged against the outcome of the 2023 presidential election was called up, stood up and announced himself as Tinubu’s representative.

“My Lord’s my name is Simon Lalong and I am here to represent Tinubu,” the governor stated.

However, Justice Haruna Tsammani led a five-member panel that declined to recognize him as Tinubu’s representative.

“You cannot represent an individual. Tinubu is not a corporation that would need a representative,” the presiding justice held.

“My Lords, in that case, I will represent the All Progressives Congress, APC,” Governor Lalong responded.

Meanwhile, the court has adjourned further pre-hearing session on the petition the Labour Party and its candidate, Peter Obi filed to nullify Tinubu’s election victory till Wednesday.

The court equally fixed the same date for another petition by the Action Peoples Party, APP, while it adjourned the case of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, till Tuesday.

While adjourning the cases, the court urged the parties to identify all the witness statements and documents they would rely on or object to during the actual hearing of the petitions.

Among those in court to witness the proceedings included the presidential candidate of the LP, Mr Peter Obi.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/presidential-poll-dispute-you-cant-stand-in-for-tinubu-court-tells-gov-lalong/

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by taylor88(m): 2:30pm On May 08, 2023
Has Tinubu ever stood up for himself?

You said you won why not come out and boldly defend yourself

Is this how we going to continue for another 8yrs( if the werey no quench before end of 2023)

Bring out certificate no
Classmates no
Go to Chicago defend yourself no
Go interview with your mates no
What is your health status no
How did you become a billionaire no
Age nko? No
Wetin dey really sick u wey make u dey urinate no
Is your name Tinubu or Amoda no
Are you from Nigeria or Guinea no
Why is your hand shaking? U thief from shrine? No
Who killed Funsho Williams? No
Why your penis no dey stand? No
How did the military take your certificate? No
How come you’re 10yrs older than your 1st daughter? No

And some fools are rejoicing hailing a doom to rule them

Some fools are busy defending a ghost

They said Yorubas are the most educated tribe with highest number of Professors

So how come this Cocaine sniffing Coward is your leader

649 Likes 68 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 2:34pm On May 08, 2023
Why is thieffffnubu hiding?

398 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by Toluwanise247(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2023
Continue wasting your time in court. Obi can not win

235 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by Whoknow: 2:38pm On May 08, 2023
This is commendable, I pray they keep this track Nigeria will be a better place ishi alah.

149 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by LuQuLuQu(m): 2:40pm On May 08, 2023
The drug lord always on guard and jittery

261 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by lexylaw40: 2:41pm On May 08, 2023
Obi ti lu le

39 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by yarimo(m): 2:43pm On May 08, 2023
CYBERSOLDIERSre:
Because obi think court is a place for sleeping

197 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by LagosFirstSon: 2:44pm On May 08, 2023
Tinubu must appear in person

215 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by blabulu2000: 2:44pm On May 08, 2023
Tinubu is now too big to appear before Judge....

Nonsense ...someone that wasn't know his faith sending emissaries to court for representation...and if the Someon Lalong talk rubbish on this behalf...he will keep ranting.....

You cannot be bigger than our institution Mr. Tinubu...all the money that made you billionaire today was taken from the government coffers....so, provoking and annoying....you better appear in the next court sitting or you lose your seat before May 29th....thamks.God you don't have any power as at presence..not until you are being sworn in

I'm an unrepentant supporters of Tinubu but I don't take rubbish. because I support Tinubu the Mod always bans me almost every day......

Tinubu you can't be the best that. Will.happen to this country.. There so.many people better than you and they are ready to serve the people....this arrogant will not take you anywhere

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by Parachoko: 2:46pm On May 08, 2023
blabulu2000:
Tinubu is now too big to appear before Judge....

Nonsense ...someone that wasn't know his faith sending emissaries to court for representation...and if the Someon Lalong talk rubbish on this behalf...he will keep ranting.....

You cannot be bigger than our institution Mr. Tinubu...all the money that made you billionaire today was taken from the government coffers....so, provoking and annoying....you better appear in the next court sitting or you lose your seat before May 29th....thamks.God you don't have any power as at presence..not until you are being sworn in

I'm an unrepentant supporters of Tinubu but I don't take rubbish. because I support Tinubu the Mod always bans me almost every day......

Tinubu you can't be the best that. Will.happen to this country.. There so.many people better than you and they are ready to serve the people....this arrogant will not take you anywhere
Look at how hard you dey wail as if Tinubu ruled your State Of Origin grin

187 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by obi4eze(m): 2:48pm On May 08, 2023
grin

Tinubu, the corporation for drug barons and mandate thieves.

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by press9jatv: 2:49pm On May 08, 2023
Drug baron Tinubu must appear in the court.

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by Afamsi: 2:53pm On May 08, 2023
I know Tinubu as a drug lord, i know him as a mandate thief, I also know him as a liar. I never knew baba is also a coward

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by Racoon(m): 2:56pm On May 08, 2023
Serves you right. Atiku was in court. Peter Obi was in court. So what made the drug baron think he is too big to appear in court for issues relating directly around his person.

You failed to defend your people from the terrorists that beleaguered their lives in the whole 8 years of your miserable rule on the Plateau but here you are staking your reputation if you have any to defend a fraudulent entity. Barrister Simon Lalong, your disgrace will be overwhelming.

153 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by Emir8: 2:58pm On May 08, 2023
May God give the Judges strength to sit for every proceeding and dispense justice.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by drlateef: 2:59pm On May 08, 2023
CYBERSOLDIERSre:

An exercise in futility. He is busy preparing his hand over from Buhari. No time to waste on frivolous court case.

131 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by blabulu2000: 3:06pm On May 08, 2023
Parachoko:
Look at how hard you dey wail as if Tinubu ruled your State Of Origin grin

If you know disaster I have caused on this nairaland platform because of my support for Tinubu, you will not send this craps to. me....if you doubt me ..ask the MOd politics...

When did you join politics? What is your level in politics? Who you be in the Naija political space?

Show your face....read all my history comments then you will know your comments are not meant for me...

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by GeneralPula: 3:09pm On May 08, 2023
“My Lords, in that case, I will represent the All Progressives Congress, APC,” Governor Lalong responded.

Valid response..

This is what he was suppose to say initially..

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by GeneralPula: 3:13pm On May 08, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
Tinubu must appear in person
Nope. Not a must! Read his response..

He’s standing for Apc!

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by ANSMEDIA: 3:14pm On May 08, 2023
Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by Phantom233: 3:14pm On May 08, 2023
Court room is only for sound minded people, moreover the fear of previous experience will not allow him to come in person.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by MrBiGGEST(m): 3:22pm On May 08, 2023
Till Wednesday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by Natural2Heal: 3:22pm On May 08, 2023
Na wa ohh. Tinubu don buy market.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by magoo10(m): 3:28pm On May 08, 2023
Tinubu's battery wasnt charged today abi.
But lalong should have known better rather than fooling himself in court in a matter as sensitive as tinubu defending his supposed victory.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:30pm On May 08, 2023
Whoknow:
This is commendable, I pray they keep this track Nigeria will be a better place ishi alah.

Could be initial gragra!

117 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by ezechi242: 3:34pm On May 08, 2023
problem wan start now

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by Jostoman: 3:34pm On May 08, 2023
lexylaw40:
Obi ti lu le
and he was in court while they are representing your oga

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by honestivo(m): 3:35pm On May 08, 2023
I pray the judges stand for Nigerians and do the right thing to ensure our law is uphold without fear or favor or financial inducement

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:36pm On May 08, 2023
Racoon:
Serves you right. Atiku was in court. Peter Obi was in court. So what made the drug baron think he is too big to appear in court for issues relating directly around his person.

You failed to defend Plateau people from the terrorists that beleaguered their lives in the whole 8 years of your miserable rule on the Plateau but here you are staking your reputation if you have any to defend a fraudulent entity. Barrister Simon Lalong, your disgrace will be overwhelming.
So he is even a barrister, yet doesn't know he can't stand for him? I thought he is a roadside mechanic? grin grin grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong by GeneralPula: 3:43pm On May 08, 2023

92 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Reacts To His Suspension From APC / The World's Largest To Be Unveiled In Ibadan Tomorrow / Justice Mary Odili's Daughter, Njideka Sworn In As Judge Of Federal High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.