Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,103 members, 7,828,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award (21978 Views)

Messi, Mbappe, Other Nominees For Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award / Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! / If I Hadn’t Married A Sportsman, My Marriage Would Be A Disaster – Mary Onyali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by TVTKOKO(m): 10:09pm On May 08, 2023
Indigbo:
Like play like play Messi won the World Cup... Messi just dey win awards anyhow since he won the world cup. This guy really relegated C.Ronaldo
If you really watch and understand football you'll know that there was no time cr7 was close to messi. Cr7 is very good but Messi is miles ahead.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Allmiron: 10:16pm On May 08, 2023
cjudy:

Them don ban this one main account. He don create another one.

If na Ronaldo now, he will come here and tell us how he won ordinary award.

Uchu Ikorodu
Oloriburuku ni baba e, Pendu go dream of this wan, e no fit smell am. It's nicknamed "Oscars of Sports award" make I attach when they nominated the weyreh, so you go know say na valuable award to win twice and the only footballer to win it, no be small feat. I know you're hearing the name of the award for this time bush boy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by ManWater: 10:23pm On May 08, 2023
Pedrocross4568:

Bros please stop fooling around. There is only 1 GOAT and that's Leonel Messi.

The other guy is just doing everything possible to get recognition.

End of story.

That's simply your opinion & you're entitled to it. There are also millions who regard Ronaldo as the goat.
Learn to respect people's opinion.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Bukola94: 10:28pm On May 08, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He's not fine and too short, I'll pass .
na fine we go chop for football? short ? u no pass at all ,u get f9. The world is talking about the greatest footballer of our age, u are talking sheeet like a harlot. A super star International Soccer Star of our generation. Despite been CR7 fan, LM10 is greatest international super Star.Ronaldo is great too, but Messi is greater.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by MrBroke(m): 10:29pm On May 08, 2023
ManWater:

That's simply your opinion & you're entitled to it. There are also millions who regard Ronaldo as the goat.
Learn to respect people's opinion.

It ain't an opinion thing. It is being truthful with no sentiment. When you see the right thing you say it right.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Streetmovement(m): 10:29pm On May 08, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Goat of our time
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Bukola94: 10:30pm On May 08, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
Always the BEST, Far better than Abdul penaldo
stop that, not that far. both are great and joy to watch
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Sikechukwu81(m): 10:33pm On May 08, 2023
Allmiron:
You get Elephant of all time.

grin shocked

Normally na wetin pesin name hin dog e go answer!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Dmacqh(m): 10:33pm On May 08, 2023
Congratulations King Leo Messi. Any Lion fan should help me with this. It’s our Departmental graduation outfit. My number is on the pic

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by ManWater: 10:38pm On May 08, 2023
MrBroke:

It ain't an opinion thing. It is being truthful with no sentiment. When you see the right thing you say it right.
Hope you know there are millions who will argue with you that Ronaldo is better than Messi.
I'm not even taking sides with any of them but I respect each side's opinion.
&I also acknowledge that both Messi & Ronaldo have contributed immensely to the beautiful game. ✌️

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by onajo2000(m): 10:39pm On May 08, 2023
FlawlessKarl:
shocked

Who said that Ronaldo hasn't won this award before? grin grin🤣🤣🤣🤣
Ewu.. This is photoshop
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by porthouse7(f): 10:57pm On May 08, 2023
Mpape hatred for Messi will only grow bigger with this award

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Ohmynature(m): 11:04pm On May 08, 2023
ifezuechinemerem53@gmail.com,that's my email address,send a dm to my email
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Jokerman(m): 11:08pm On May 08, 2023
Another formulated award

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by MuMuOnBail: 11:40pm On May 08, 2023
na wa oooo

If I should have been a girl, dios Lionel Messi would have f*ck me till the extent he will end up having erectile dysfunction.

And I make sure it will be raw sex and I will not have an abortion.

WHAT MANNER OF MAN IS THIS?

If you are still underrating this god among men, go and check his rating in PS5.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by ManWater: 11:40pm On May 08, 2023
Allmiron:
who dash monkey banana, there's nothing like 2 goats.

However, there will be 1million Pristiano Penaldo, we dey don see em, Dem don dey compare him with the likes of Mbappe and Haaland, have you ever see any player ball like Messi, dead or alive??...never not in this generation, he's one of a kind.

If you wan enter argument bring World Cup to the table. There's only one GOAT that's Leo, any other acclaimed goat na counterfeit

Na this weyreh wey mount players on the pitch like camel you dey call goat, shame no dey catch una.

Make una wake up to reality the debate is over.

I don't wish to be dragged into Messi vs Ronaldo goat debate.
Although I'm of the opinion Messi is a better player but I still realise there are millions who in their own right, believe Ronaldo is the GOAT - reason I used the expression 2goats.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

You must also acknowledge that the great rivalry between the two, helped push them to their limits to break certain records & achieve major feats. ✌️

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by zinaunreal(m): 11:43pm On May 08, 2023
Wetin he play?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Melanyn(m): 11:45pm On May 08, 2023
In the voice of DJ Khalid
"Its another one"

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Jennymine(f): 11:46pm On May 08, 2023
AsabaPropertyAg
Try verifying something before watering your mouth
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Jennymine(f): 11:47pm On May 08, 2023
Peacecore
Try verifying something before watering your mouth
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by deltateam: 11:58pm On May 08, 2023
Allmiron:
Lionel Messi has been named sportsman of the year at the Laureus World Sports Awards.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/4499256/2023/05/08/lionel-messi-laureus-awards/%3famp=1

Is that my man Leuwandosky? I feel he's an underated player.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by deltateam: 12:08am On May 09, 2023
lhordspy:
A king and more.

To all the guys who tried fooling us into believing penaldo is anywhere near this Genius. God will judge you all. You wasted 15years of our lives on unnecessary argument.

How can a player have a 2.4 player-rating in a match played in the 36th league in the world.? angry

To think that the odd for their win was 1.19 is baffling.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by AssCraver: 12:18am On May 09, 2023
Which kain rubbish award be dis. They keep creating useless awards for this FIFA kid.

Watch as Messi gay boys will attack me now 😀😀

But if na CR7 win such awards dem go call am Dubai d’or
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by babajero(m): 12:23am On May 09, 2023
ManWater:
Congrats.
In the next 100 years, 2goats in the caliber of Messi & Ronaldo may never grace the football stage.

So we should all count ourselves lucky to be among the generation that witnessed 2 such goats.  cool
Ronaldo is not in Messi's level at all. There is no difference between Ronaldo,mbappe, and haaland they are just good at scoring goals, and that is just one quality out of messi's numerous qualities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by alobright17(m): 12:31am On May 09, 2023
thesicilian:

You may think this is funny but it's actually blasphemous
Fuxkkh you in Jesus name is blasphemous but to kill devil in Jesus nana is welcomed confused fellow Christian always fighting for Jesus but partakes in all forms of sins . SMH
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by alobright17(m): 12:35am On May 09, 2023
thesicilian:

You may think this is funny but it's actually blasphemous
But killing devil casting demons e.t.c are not blasphemous. Baby fellow Christian fighting for Jesus but wallows in sin and all sorts of atrocities. Hypocrite.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Patoski7(m): 2:26am On May 09, 2023
The person with the most laurels award is roger federer.. messi try ooo

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Patoski7(m): 2:31am On May 09, 2023
AssCraver:
Which kain rubbish award be dis. They keep creating useless awards for this FIFA kid.

Watch as Messi gay boys will attack me now 😀😀

But if na CR7 win such awards dem go call am Dubai d’or
Do your research before u call someting rubbish award check the past winners and nominees of this award then come back and re comment

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rigobert Song Appointed New Coach Of Cameroon / N150Mn Ransom For Siasia's Mother: Govt Abandons Siasia To His Fate / Elon Musk: I Was Joking About Buying Man Utd. Standup Is My Second Hustle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.