Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award (21981 Views)

Messi, Mbappe, Other Nominees For Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award / Eden Hazard Named Belgium 2018 Sportsman Of The Year! / If I Hadn’t Married A Sportsman, My Marriage Would Be A Disaster – Mary Onyali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by DSoj(m): 2:57am On May 09, 2023
UNDISPUTED GOAT

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by cjudy(m): 3:00am On May 09, 2023
Allmiron:
Oloriburuku ni baba e, Pendu go dream of this wan, e no fit smell am. It's nicknamed "Oscars of Sports award" make I attach when they nominated the weyreh, so you go know say na valuable award to win twice and the only footballer to win it, no be small feat. I know you're hearing the name of the award for this time bush boy.
Mumu

You that lives in bet house in Ikorodu, playing Sportybet and baba ijebu

Poor ZoneB
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by AutoRedux: 4:25am On May 09, 2023
camera wowo. abacha wowo grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Enemyofpeace: 4:39am On May 09, 2023
The real GOAT

The way female bankers explain account opening is so sexy,they will be like "I will open it for u so u can put something inside ok?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by teebaxy(m): 5:31am On May 09, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He's not fine and too short, I'll pass .
Is Tallness a criteria of being a great Sportman of the year ?

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Cassandraloius: 5:33am On May 09, 2023
Congratulations G.O.A.T
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by arantess: 5:52am On May 09, 2023
lhordspy:
A king and more.

To all the guys who tried fooling us into believing penaldo is anywhere near this Genius. God will judge you all. You wasted 15years of our lives on unnecessary argument.

How can a player have a 2.4 player-rating in a match played in the 36th league in the world.? angry
I haven't seen any player in any league get this kind of rating, never

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by ManWater: 5:59am On May 09, 2023
babajero:
Ronaldo is not in Messi's level at all. There is no difference between Ronaldo,mbappe, and haaland they are just good at scoring goals, and that is just one quality out of messi's numerous qualities.
OK. But why do you think there was such great rivalry between them?
&do you realise, such great rivalry helped push them to their limits to individually accomplish greats feats?
&their rivalry contributed to the excitement of watching the beautiful game.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by yomi531(m): 6:07am On May 09, 2023
The Only Footballer to win it . He has won it twice now.
Messi is the true King.
G.o.a.t.....
Coming from a die hard man Utd fan of decades...

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Nobody: 6:19am On May 09, 2023
Keep winning my champion shocked

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Nobody: 6:20am On May 09, 2023
yomi531:
The Only Footballer to win it . He has won it twice now.
Messi is the true King.
G.o.a.t.....
Coming from a die hard man Utd fan of decades...

shocked
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by CoolAmbience(m): 6:29am On May 09, 2023
ManWater:
Congrats.
In the next 100 years, 2goats in the caliber of Messi & Ronaldo may never grace the football stage.

So we should all count ourselves lucky to be among the generation that witnessed 2 such goats.  cool

Abeg, Ronaldo is excellent but not the GOAT.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by RolexOfGeneva(m): 6:49am On May 09, 2023
ManWater:
Congrats.
In the next 100 years, 2goats in the caliber of Messi & Ronaldo may never grace the football stage.

So we should all count ourselves lucky to be among the generation that witnessed 2 such goats.  cool
That's a lie. Haaland is already breaking some of their records and he is only 22

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by ManWater: 6:56am On May 09, 2023
RolexOfGeneva:

That's a lie. Haaland is already breaking some of their records and he is only 22
Messi &Ronaldo rivalry brought out the best in the 2players &made their football exciting to watch.
So Haaland & who are in the caliber of Messi &Ronaldo rivalry?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by pikechukwu6(m): 7:02am On May 09, 2023
Abdullah Ronaldo will be shocked for this news grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by smalldivk111: 7:08am On May 09, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He's not fine and too short, I'll pass .

You and your entire generation including your ancestors can't measure up to his feet...
He doesn't even know a black monkey like you exist mumu thing

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Nobody: 7:10am On May 09, 2023
smalldivk111:

You and your entire generation including your ancestors can't measure up to his feet...
He doesn't even know a black monkey like you exist mumu thing
puss ewww ewww ewww
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by tesppidd: 7:25am On May 09, 2023
grin

Ayam not hearing from kingscalls any longer.

Kingscalls abeg if you see this message please holla at your boy.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by tesppidd: 7:31am On May 09, 2023
pikechukwu6:
Abdullah Ronaldo will be shocked for this news grin grin
grin grin grin

Una don name am Abdullah?
grin grin grin

Wicked Bad people everywhere.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by smalldivk111: 7:33am On May 09, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
puss ewww ewww ewww
Deal with it b*tvh
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by iykofias(m): 7:35am On May 09, 2023
Some bitter kids will also say this award was rigged too, anything the GOAT touches becomes bitter to them all of a sudden grin

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by RPG2020(m): 7:55am On May 09, 2023
everything messi FIFA i hope is not what am thinking

g@y grin if you don't gerrit forgerrit about it
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Allmiron: 7:56am On May 09, 2023
ManWater:

I don't wish to be dragged into Messi vs Ronaldo goat debate.
Although I'm of the opinion Messi is a better player but I still realise there are millions who in their own right, believe Ronaldo is the GOAT - reason I used the expression 2goats.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

You must also acknowledge that the great rivalry between the two, helped push them to their limits to break certain records & achieve major feats. ✌️

There can't be 2 captain on a ship. The reason why they use acronym GOAT, it's meant for the outstanding individual in their chosen career. Messi has always been clear of Penaldo, there was never a debate in the past.

King James is the GOAT in the NBA, whereas Steve Curry had the most 3 points in NBA history, you don ever hear him call himself goat cos of 3 pointers. There can only be one GOAT and the only recognized one is Leo Messi, those millions who call him goat are nothing but his pendulums, in the scheme of things their opinions doesn't matter. I can also call Osimehn a goat, if you want to use that analog

Make I clear you one last, there was never a rivalry between Messi and Pendu, Messi has always been clear, na his deluded fan dey promote their delusion in their heads.

Messi is the GOAT, the only globally recognized goat. Prior to the world that sick Pendu dey call him sef goat, after the world cup he dare not use that tag again cos he'll be dragged, he knows he's behind Messi, and he will always be in history books. #factsNoEmotions

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Allmiron: 7:59am On May 09, 2023
cjudy:

Mumu

You that lives in bet house in Ikorodu, playing Sportybet and baba ijebu

Poor ZoneB
I'm staking with my spare funds, I better pass your papa wey use una house rent go play pool, wey landlord wan evict una, Your mama had to sleep with the landlord to save una, na Since then your papa turn alcohol before dangote truck crush him to death. You're obviously from a wretched home, your mama sell paraga in ajegunle. Poverty runs in your lineage. See your ugly head here

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by cjudy(m): 8:30am On May 09, 2023
Allmiron:
I'm staking with my spare funds, I better pass your papa wey use una house rent go play pool, wey landlord wan evict una, Your mama had to sleep with the landlord to save una, na Since then your papa turn alcohol before dangote truck crush him to death. You're obviously from a wretched home, your mama sell paraga in ajegunle. Poverty runs in your lineage. See your ugly head here
Frustration from a poor boy. I can feel your pain. I know what you’re going through. Probably not your fault but your parents who failed to acquire wealth when others were doing.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by AImiron: 8:39am On May 09, 2023
cjudy:

Frustration from a poor boy. I can feel your pain. I know what you’re going through. Probably not your fault but your parents who failed to acquire wealth when others were doing.

oloriburuku son of a nobody , you Sha like chopping curse early in the morning, jobless retard your mates are out there working, you dey here NL on a Tuesday morning dey look for trouble, last mention you'll get from this user. Make your dead papa rest in pieces, and your poor mama her punna don dey smell cos na all those lowlife and riffraff dey dunk her after buying her local herb. Ise ti ba e mule bi egbe isu

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by TheSuperX(m): 8:45am On May 09, 2023
There's no one like my MESSI 😎

The Goat of Goats, god of gods.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Tradman: 9:01am On May 09, 2023
Allmiron:
. The only 🐐
let us pray for Nigeria so that we can collect our stollen mandate that Tinubu is holding
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Chidolalar: 9:45am On May 09, 2023
ManWater:
Congrats.

Messi is d one and only GOAT in football history. Ronaldo is just a prolific goal scorer. He is not and can never be on d same level with Messi. Messi is more than scoring goals.
Messi is d only player u will find in top three all time goal scorers, top three all time playmakers, top three all time assists providers and top three all time dribblers.
U can never find such a player with that kind of feat again in football. Imagine one player dominating four categories of football for more than 19+ years and still counting.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award by Father0fjesus: 10:17am On May 09, 2023
ManWater:
Congrats.

Ronaldo is not GOAT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N150Mn Ransom For Siasia's Mother: Govt Abandons Siasia To His Fate / Elon Musk: I Was Joking About Buying Man Utd. Standup Is My Second Hustle / Mark Otabor Got AS Roma Deal After Commentary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.