Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,009 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity (4235 Views)

Hisbah Versus Christianity: Is Alcohol Prohibited In Christianity? / Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance / True Definition Of Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by drlateef: 10:37pm On May 11, 2023
TenQ:

Thank you!

How do you as Muslims reconcile this hadith with
1. Where Mohammed will intercede for you Muslims
2. Where Muslims will pass over the bridge of Al-Sirat
3. Where Allah will appear to you Muslims in a shape different from the way you know him until you see his shin

I noticed that the grade of the Hadith is not Sahih: what do you say?

That is a sahih hadith by all measures we apply to investigate it. And it does not in anyway conflict with intercession by the prophet, passing over the bridge and Allah appearing to believers in paradise. These are different events occurring at different stages of the day of judgement. Making account of your stay in this world is one of the first things to happen on the day of judgement. The day of judgement is not just one day. It could be thousands of years by our reckoning. And after making your account, if your good deeds are not as much as bad deeds, thats when intercession will come in. After intercession comes the travelling over the bridge. And those who do not fall into hell fire and find themselves in paradise are the ones given privilege to see the countenance of Allah in paradise. There are other various events that will occur, many of which are recorded in books of hadith.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by MightySparrow: 2:41am On May 12, 2023
TenQ:

Thanks sir

If I get you correctly,
1. The rich has an advantage in the fact that his wealth can do several things in performing good deeds
2. The poor on the other hands have advantage in having ENOUGH time for supplications and invocation of Allah

It looks like one can purchase devotion (supplications and invocations) to Allah with enough money: am I wrong?

I
Sexlam is a stupid religion.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 5:58am On May 12, 2023
MightySparrow:

I
Sexlam is a stupid religion.
I think the doctrine of Islam on entering paradise is the most inconsistent and confused ever. Every Muslim just choose what he wants to believe out of the mixture of tales
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 6:21am On May 12, 2023
drlateef:

That is a sahih hadith by all measures we apply to investigate it. And it does not in anyway conflict with intercession by the prophet, passing over the bridge and Allah appearing to believers in paradise. These are different events occurring at different stages of the day of judgement. Making account of your stay in this world is one of the first things to happen on the day of judgement. The day of judgement is not just one day. It could be thousands of years by our reckoning. And after making your account, if your good deeds are not as much as bad deeds, thats when intercession will come in. After intercession comes the travelling over the bridge. And those who do not fall into hell fire and find themselves in paradise are the ones given privilege to see the countenance of Allah in paradise. There are other various events that will occur, many of which are recorded in books of hadith.
Thanks for your explanation even though I have questions.

1. How can Mohammed be an intercessor when he himself has no guarantee of paradise according to Allah in the Qur'an
Qur'an 46:9
Say (O Muhammad SAW):"I am not a new thing among the Messengers (of Allah) nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am but a plain warner."

2. If Allah has destined even Muslim BABIES (who have not directly committed any sin) to Hell fire, what hope does a grown sinning Muslim man has?
Sahih Muslim (6436)
'A'isha, the mother of the believers, said that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was called to lead the funeral prayer of a child of the Ansar. I said: Allah's Messenger, there is happiness for this child who is a bird from the birds of Paradise for it committed no sin nor has he reached the age when one can commit sin. He said: 'A'isha, per adventure, it may be otherwise, because God created for Paradise those who are fit for it while they were yet in their father's loins and created for Hell those who are to go to Hell. He created them for Hell while they were yet in their father's loins

3. One of the cardinal things a Muslim must believe in is DESTINY: If Allah has destined a person (Christian, Muslim or Polytheist) to hell by misleading him, what kind of intercession can save one who Allah himself DECEIVED?
Qur'an 5:41
“And for whoever Allah wills to try with error, you can do nothing for him against Allah”.

Qur'an 11:34
“And my advice will not profit you, even if I wish to give you good counsel, if Allah’s will is to keep you astray.”

Qur'an 7:186
“Whomsoever Allah allows to stray, then there is no guide for him; and He lets them wander blindly in their transgressions.”

Thank you please
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by drlateef: 8:01am On May 12, 2023
TenQ:

Thanks for your explanation even though I have questions.

1. How can Mohammed be an intercessor when he himself has no guarantee of paradise according to Allah in the Qur'an
Say (O Muhammad SAW):"I am not a new thing among the Messengers (of Allah) nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am but a plain warner."

2. If Allah has destined even Muslim BABIES (who have not directly committed any sin) to Hell fire, what hope does a grown sinning Muslim man has?
Sahih Muslim (6436)
'A'isha, the mother of the believers, said that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was called to lead the funeral prayer of a child of the Ansar. I said: Allah's Messenger, there is happiness for this child who is a bird from the birds of Paradise for it committed no sin nor has he reached the age when one can commit sin. He said: 'A'isha, per adventure, it may be otherwise, because God created for Paradise those who are fit for it while they were yet in their father's loins and created for Hell those who are to go to Hell. He created them for Hell while they were yet in their father's loins

3. One of the cardinal things a Muslim must believe in is DESTINY: If Allah has destined a person (Christian, Muslim or Polytheist) to hell by misleading him, what kind of intercession can save one who Allah himself DECEIVED?
“And for whoever Allah wills to try with error, you can do nothing for him against Allah”.

“And my advice will not profit you, even if I wish to give you good counsel, if Allah’s will is to keep you astray.”

“Whomsoever Allah allows to stray, then there is no guide for him; and He lets them wander blindly in their transgressions.”

Thank you please

Your questions are bordering on Qadar and Qadir , or destiny. First of all, yes, no soul created by Allah knows what will happen for sure to him/her on the day of judgement. That includes all prophets of Allah including Jesus, Moses, Muhammad etc. This is because the mercy of Allah is what admits every soul to paradise, not the righteous deeds etc. The story was told of a man who boasted about entering paradise because of his good works. Allah ask that they should bring his shoes and dust the soles up. A lot of dead ants came down from it and the ants had their sorry tales to tell before the man trampled on them unknowingly and killed them. On that basis he was sent to hell. The main message here is arrogance is abhorrent to Allah. Any soul that comes with tiny amount of arrogance will not enter paradise. Therefore, even on the day of judgement every soul must submit in humility to the majesty of Allah and hope for his mercy. There was also story told by the prophet where a rich man told his family to cremate his body and spread the ashes on sea after his death because he was a wicked money lender. When Allah asked him after his death on why he gave that instruction to his family, he said he was afraid of his meeting with Allah. Based on that, Allah forgave him and sent him to paradise.
On destiny, it is a very lengthy topic and can be confusing to many muslims. Yes, people may be destined for hell, not because Allah chose it for them, but they chose it for themselves before being borne. But every destiny can be changed except permanent ones like the day of birth and death, how they will die and in which land they will die. But other destiny like final abode in hell or paradise, how many wives and children or will they be childless, all of these can be changed with prayers and good work on earth. For example, the night of majesty in Ramadan is a night that Allah changes the destiny of muslims when they pray for it throughout that night.
Finally, yes, Muhammad was given news of his final abode and i hope all prophets and saints will in shaa Allah end up in paradise. Because the prophet made mention of it many times, including his saabas whom he said he saw in paradise. In fact, 10 of his companions were promised paradise while still on earth. But despite that, Allah wants all muslims to be humble and submit to His ultimate mercy instead of feeling arrogant and entitled to be in paradise. Allah also states what can make you attain paradise if you worship Him sincerely. But even if you do all those things, you must still continue to beg Allah to show mercy on you and admit you to paradise.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by MightySparrow: 8:44am On May 12, 2023
TenQ:

I think the doctrine of Islam on entering paradise is the most inconsistent and confused ever. Every Muslim just choose what he wants to believe out of the mixture of tales
Sexlam is nothing but admixture of Arabic folklore, Buddist traditions and twisted scriptures from Jewish writs.
How can you trust an armed robber prophet? A man who got his father - in - law drunk to get his big mummy hand in marriage?
I began to understand Sexlam when Christian Prince, an Arab began to debate sexlamic scholars and read the correct Arabic.

Sexlam has destroyed Africa, turned Middle East the one time centre of civilization is now a dread of the earth. No more advancement in knowledge but violence and Quran.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 8:57am On May 12, 2023
drlateef:

Your questions are bordering on Qadar and Qadir , or destiny. First of all, yes, no soul created by Allah knows what will happen for sure to him/her on the day of judgement. That includes all prophets of Allah including Jesus, Moses, Muhammad etc. This is because the mercy of Allah is what admits every soul to paradise, not the righteous deeds etc. The story was told of a man who boasted about entering paradise because of his good works. Allah ask that they should bring his shoes and dust the soles up. A lot of dead ants came down from it and the ants had their sorry tales to tell before the man trampled on them unknowingly and killed them. On that basis he was sent to hell. The main message here is arrogance is abhorrent to Allah. Any soul that comes with tiny amount of arrogance will not enter paradise. Therefore, even on the day of judgement every soul must submit in humility to the majesty of Allah and hope for his mercy. There was also story told by the prophet where a rich man told his family to cremate his body and spread the ashes on sea after his death because he was a wicked money lender. When Allah asked him after his death on why he gave that instruction to his family, he said he was afraid of his meeting with Allah. Based on that, Allah forgave him and sent him to paradise.
On destiny, it is a very lengthy topic and can be confusing to many muslims. Yes, people may be destined for hell, not because Allah chose it for them, but they chose it for themselves before being borne. But every destiny can be changed except permanent ones like the day of birth and death, how they will die and in which land they will die. But other destiny like final abode in hell or paradise, how many wives and children or will they be childless, all of these can be changed with prayers and good work on earth. For example, the night of majesty in Ramadan is a night that Allah changes the destiny of muslims when they pray for it throughout that night.
Finally, yes, Muhammad was given news of his final abode and i hope all prophets and saints will in shaa Allah end up in paradise. Because the prophet made mention of it many times, including his saabas whom he said he saw in paradise. In fact, 10 of his companions were promised paradise while still on earth. But despite that, Allah wants all muslims to be humble and submit to His ultimate mercy instead of feeling arrogant and entitled to be in paradise. Allah also states what can make you attain paradise if you worship Him sincerely. But even if you do all those things, you must still continue to beg Allah to show mercy on you and admit you to paradise.
I wouldn't say you've answered all my questions but I want to honestly appreciate you for this discussion.
You have been forthwith and truthful about the claims of Islam. To this I want to say thank you.

I will only want to make just ONE little correction on your claims about Jesus that:

"First of all, yes, no soul created by Allah knows what will happen for sure to him/her on the day of judgement. That includes all prophets of Allah including Jesus, Moses, Muhammad etc."

This is UNTRUE!
1. Is it TRUE that Jesus according to Islam is ALREADY with Allah (in Paradise)
2. Is it possible that Kalimatullah or Ruhullah is NOT sure of what will happen on the day of Judgement?
3. There is NOT one evidence from either the Qur'an or Hadiths that Jesus does NOT know what will befall him on the day of Judgement
4. Jesus is said to be the judge of mankind in your hadith, is it possible that the judge Himself is unsure of his stand with God?

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 4.657
Narrated by Abu Huraira

Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "By Him (Allah) in Whose Hands my soul is, surely (Jesus (a.s.)) the son of Mary will soon descend amongst you and will judge mankind justly (as a Just Ruler)

From the Bible, Jesus is the Judge who will decide who goes to heaven or hell

Mat 13:41:
"The Son of man (Jesus) shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;"

Mat 16:27:
"For the Son of man (Jesus) shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works."

[b]Rev 21:27:
"And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defiles, neither whatever works abomination, or makes a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's (Jesus's) book of life."
[/b]

Dr Lateef,
You are a sincere person but you know that it is possible to be sincerely mislead.
Why do you think God sent the Messiah with all his supernatural qualities?
Is it just to preach the Oneness of God? Don't you think that even satan know that there is only one God? Why is the Messiah a co-creator of life according to Islam?

The Messiah came as the infinite payment for our crime of Sin against God which would have been impossible for any Human to pay.

Can you choose to TRUST in God's SOLUTION for your crime of Sin and thus be bestowed Paradise as a Gift?

Why do you think God instructed Moses to make sacrifices for the sin of the children of Israel?
Because
Heb 9:22:
"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission (of sin)."

Jesus said:
Mat 26:28:
"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

The purpose is that
Luk 24:47:
"And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."

Rom 3:25:
"(Jesus) Whom God has set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

Dr Lateef,
I sincerely invite you to the Messiah for the Remission of Your Sins and a Guarantee of a place with God in Paradise

The truth will set you Free once you know it sir.

I welcome ANY Questions from you!
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 9:05am On May 12, 2023
MightySparrow:

Sexlam is nothing but admixture of Arabic folklore, Buddist traditions and twisted scriptures from Jewish writs.
How can you trust an armed robber prophet? A man who got his father - in - law drunk to get his big mummy hand in marriage?
I began to understand Sexlam when Christian Prince, an Arab began to debate sexlamic scholars and read the correct Arabic.

Sexlam has destroyed Africa, turned Middle East the one time centre of civilization is now a dread of the earth. No more advancement in knowledge but violence and Quran.
There is no difference between Islam and 419 to turn people to a false hope of a relationship will God while Mohammed himself is the first beneficiary of them becoming Muslims especially with Power, Women and Wealth.

The Caliphs who followed saw that the Islamic tool of control brough tremendous wealth and power to them. The system was so successful in that it brought in willing subjects who are ready to fanatically defend anything in the name of Mohammed.

If only they can see that the whole of Islam is an elaborate Taqqiya!

I pray for them: 419 people succeed ONLY because they sound CONVINCING!
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by MightySparrow: 9:09am On May 12, 2023
TenQ:

There is no difference between Islam and 419 to turn people to a false hope of a relationship will God while Mohammed himself is the first beneficiary of them becoming Muslims especially with Power, Women and Wealth.

The Caliphs who followed saw that the Islamic tool of control brough tremendous wealth and power to them. The system was so successful in that it brought in willing subjects who are ready to fanatically defend anything in the name of Mohammed.

If only they can see that the whole of Islam is an elaborate Taqqiya!

I pray for them: 419 people succeed ONLY because they sound CONVINCING!
You get joor my brother.
Antichristian with his knowledge defending a nonexistent Allah created by a randy prophet.
Dó you know something? I can't stop laughing because of the marriage of Virgin Mary and Mohammed in Al - Jaannah.
How does that prove Mohammed as a messager? What message, what God?
Sexlam is a fool's paradise joke.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 9:43am On May 12, 2023
MightySparrow:

You get joor my brother.
Antichristian with his knowledge defending a nonexistent Allah created by a randy prophet.
Dó you know something? I can't stop laughing because of the marriage of Virgin Mary and Mohammed in Al - Jaannah.
How does that prove Mohammed as a messager? What message, what God?
Sexlam is a fool's paradise joke.
It is the dilemma of Muslims.

Allah commands them to take anything Mohammed says to them.
Unfortunately,
Many things in the Hadiths are to say the least embarrassing

Unfortunately, the Qur'an is not complete without the Hadiths

Till today, no one has been able to find the Qur'an of Umar : all the Sunni Muslims have is the recitation of Hafs. I don't know how it becomes more reliable to take a recital over a printed manuscript of the Qur'an.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by MightySparrow: 10:04am On May 12, 2023
TenQ:

It is the dilemma of Muslims.

Allah commands them to take anything Mohammed says to them.
Unfortunately,
Many things in the Hadiths are to say the least embarrassing

Unfortunately, the Qur'an is not complete without the Hadiths

Till today, no one has been able to find the Qur'an of Umar : all the Sunni Muslims have is the recitation of Hafs. I don't know how it becomes more reliable to take a recital over a printed manuscript of the Qur'an.

Without much knowledge of Sexlam, I have always felt that the religion is a dirty one.
Thanks so much for eye-opening post s
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 10:34am On May 12, 2023
MightySparrow:

Without much knowledge of Sexlam, I have always felt that the religion is a dirty one.
Thanks so much for eye-opening post s
God is good.
Many Christians will see all the things Muslims keep hidden about Islam.

Muslims who seek the truth can first see the deception they've been subjected to under Islam.

Even then, the educational value is invaluable to have.

Shalom
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by drlateef: 10:40am On May 12, 2023
TenQ:

I wouldn't say you've answered all my questions but I want to honestly appreciate you for this discussion.
You have been forthwith and truthful about the claims of Islam. To this I want to say thank you.

I will only want to make just ONE little correction on your claims about Jesus that:

"First of all, yes, no soul created by Allah knows what will happen for sure to him/her on the day of judgement. That includes all prophets of Allah including Jesus, Moses, Muhammad etc."

This is UNTRUE!
1. Is it TRUE that Jesus according to Islam is ALREADY with Allah (in Paradise)
2. Is it possible that Kalimatullah or Ruhullah is NOT sure of what will happen on the day of Judgement?
3. There is NOT one evidence from either the Qur'an or Hadiths that Jesus does NOT know what will befall him on the day of Judgement
4. Jesus is said to be the judge of mankind in your hadith, is it possible that the judge Himself is unsure of his stand with God?

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 4.657
Narrated by Abu Huraira

Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "By Him (Allah) in Whose Hands my soul is, surely (Jesus (a.s.)) the son of Mary will soon descend amongst you and will judge mankind justly (as a Just Ruler)

From the Bible, Jesus is the Judge who will decide who goes to heaven or hell

Mat 13:41:
"The Son of man (Jesus) shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;"

Mat 16:27:
"For the Son of man (Jesus) shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works."

[b]Rev 21:27:
"And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defiles, neither whatever works abomination, or makes a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's (Jesus's) book of life."
[/b]

Dr Lateef,
You are a sincere person but you know that it is possible to be sincerely mislead.
Why do you think God sent the Messiah with all his supernatural qualities?
Is it just to preach the Oneness of God? Don't you think that even satan know that there is only one God? Why is the Messiah a co-creator of life according to Islam?

The Messiah came as the infinite payment for our crime of Sin against God which would have been impossible for any Human to pay.

Can you choose to TRUST in God's SOLUTION for your crime of Sin and thus be bestowed Paradise as a Gift?

Why do you think God instructed Moses to make sacrifices for the sin of the children of Israel?
Because
Heb 9:22:
"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission (of sin)."

Jesus said:
Mat 26:28:
"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

The purpose is that
Luk 24:47:
"And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."

Rom 3:25:
"(Jesus) Whom God has set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

Dr Lateef,
I sincerely invite you to the Messiah for the Remission of Your Sins and a Guarantee of a place with God in Paradise

The truth will set you Free once you know it sir.

I welcome ANY Questions from you!

Thank you for your observations. As regards the hadith you quoted, I believe the words in bracket must have been inserted by Christians. That is not part of the hadith. At no time did the prophet mention that Jesus will come back as a king or ruler. The coming of Jesus Christ is not to preach, but to set records straight about who he is among Christians. He will kill the Dajjal or antichrist and will destroy all vestiges of Christianity that remains. He will deny all the pastors and christian leaders. He will not be the leader by then because he will pray behind Imam Mahdi at Masjid al Aqsa In Jerusalem. That imam would be his leader by then.
The common of Jesus is one of the major signs of the end of the world. By that time the world be almost ending. And everyone will be muslim by the time jesus comes. Because the Christians will realise they have been deceived for thousands of years, and that jesus himself is a muslim. And one of the reasons for his coming back is that he will die natural death. Allah says in Quran that every soul must taste death. That includes Jesus.

Therefore, my brother your invitation to me is asking me to join the wrong path. Because when Jesus comes all of you will have no option than to become muslims. All human beings would be muslims by then. But their being muslims is of no use by then because the door of repentance would have been closed by Allah. By the time Jesus comes, there would be no faith anymore because the certainty of Allah being the creator and Islam being His only religion would be too overwhelming for anyone to deny. Therefore, belief will not be based on faith but on certainty by then. It is like those in the throes of death. When they see the angel of death, the certainty dons on them, and belief is useless at that time. I urge you to consider these facts. The bible verses you quote up there, there is only one verse of the Quran that demolishes all those fabrications. Allah says in Quran 2 verse 79:

“ So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn.”

You will be honest with me to agree that the whole bible were written by human beings. They are the ones Allah is talking about in that verse. A logical thing to do is ask for the true origin of the bible and compare that to the Quran. A reasonable assumption to make is that Quran is most likely a revealed book, while the bible was written by humans. Otherwise you won’t find such verse above in a book written by human beings. Simply put, they are cursing themselves if they write that in Quran with their own hands. And if you ask me to choose between following a revealed book and a book written by humans, i will choose the former any day.
Cheers!!!
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by AntiChristian: 10:41am On May 12, 2023
TenQ:

Thanks sir

If I get you correctly,
1. The rich has an advantage in the fact that his wealth can do several things in performing good deeds

2. The poor on the other hands have advantage in having ENOUGH time for supplications and invocation of Allah
This is your Holly Spirit insertion or thoughts not mine!

It looks like one can purchase devotion (supplications and invocations) to Allah with enough money: am I wrong?

The rich Muslim many advantages over the poor Muslim in that he can give Sadaqah, feed many indigents, fulfill others debt, perform pilgrimage etc.

The poor on the other hand has equal standing with the rich in invocations and supplications! The advantage the poor has will be on the day of accounts, when the rich will have to explain how he got each Kobo!

The rich and the poor have a similar advantage in intending good always!

I intend to go for Hajj if Allah enriches me.
Both rich and Poor have their advantages!
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 11:12am On May 12, 2023
drlateef:

Thank you for your observations. As regards the hadith you quoted, I believe the words in bracket must have been inserted by Christians. That is not part of the hadith. At no time did the prophet mention that Jesus will come back as a king or ruler. The coming of Jesus Christ is not to preach, but to set records straight about who he is among Christians. He will kill the Dajjal or antichrist and will destroy all vestiges of Christianity that remains. He will deny all the pastors and christian leaders. He will not be the leader by then because he will pray behind Imam Mahdi at Masjid al Aqsa In Jerusalem. That imam would be his leader by then.
The common of Jesus is one of the major signs of the end of the world. By that time the world be almost ending. And everyone will be muslim by the time jesus comes. Because the Christians will realise they have been deceived for thousands of years, and that jesus himself is a muslim. And one of the reasons for his coming back is that he will die natural death. Allah says in Quran that every soul must taste death. That includes Jesus.
I have attached the screenshot of the full hadith from Sunnah.com so that you can know that Christians did not insert any bracket into your hadith.

Is it not Allah who created Christianity by deceiving them to see Jesus on the Cross?

If Christians are on the wrong path, why did Allah say Jews, Christian and Sabians will go to paradise?

drlateef:

Therefore, my brother your invitation to me is asking me to join the wrong path. Because when Jesus comes all of you will have no option than to become muslims. All human beings would be muslims by then. But their being muslims is of no use by then because the door of repentance would have been closed by Allah. By the time Jesus comes, there would be no faith anymore because the certainty of Allah being the creator and Islam being His only religion would be too overwhelming for anyone to deny. Therefore, belief will not be based on faith but on certainty by then. It is like those in the throes of death. When they see the angel of death, the certainty dons on them, and belief is useless at that time. I urge you to consider these facts.
Did not Mohammed say that at the end times, you Muslims would be divided into 73 sects and only one would be on the right path?
Jesus was supposed to kill the pigs (Jews) : why?

The Isa of Islam seem to be far different from the Jesus of the bible

drlateef:

The bible verses you quote up there, there is only one verse of the Quran that demolishes all those fabrications. Allah says in Quran 2 verse 79:

“ So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn.”

You will be honest with me to agree that the whole bible were written by human beings. They are the ones Allah is talking about in that verse. A logical thing to do is ask for the true origin of the bible and compare that to the Quran. A reasonable assumption to make is that Quran is most likely a revealed book, while the bible was written by humans. Otherwise you won’t find such verse above in a book written by human beings. Simply put, they are cursing themselves if they write that in Quran with their own hands. And if you ask me to choose between following a revealed book and a book written by humans, i will choose the former any day.
Cheers!!!
All Jews and Christians have NEVER said God dictated or wrote their Scriptures. Genesis to Revelation was written by Human Beings representing God.

The Qur'an on the other hand claim to be DICTATED verbatim words of Allah: therefore we can easily test.
Allah says if the Qur'an was not from him, it would have contained contradictions.

And it is easy to show that the Qur'an is full of contradictions to History, to Science, to Mathematics, to Logic etc.

1. If the Qur'an is from God, why does it say the sun set in some murky waters?
2. If the Qur'an is from God how does a man have his reproductive fluid from his backbone while the woman has her own reproductive fluids from her ribs?
3. If the Qur'an is from God, why did he report the fable/tale of the seven sleepers as actual events?
4. If the Qur'an is from God, why did he allow Prostitution for Muslims?
5. If the Qur'an is from God, why did he allow divorce of children (in child marriage)?
6. If the Qur'an is from God, why did it contain bed time stories told to Jewish children about Solomon who died for nearly a year standing and no body noticing ?
7. Qur'an says Jesus was not crucified and till today, no Muslim can tell us what happened: they are full of conjectures

If you want to challenge them, I will prove each to you using your Qur'an. Pick them one by one.

Finally,
Even your prophet attests to the Torah (written by Humans)

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 11:20am On May 12, 2023
AntiChristian:

Both rich and Poor have their advantages!
LOL!
I was stating my understanding as I felt the advantage of the poor over the rich is that they have TIME for supplications and invocations . You will this need to help me

Example:
Zakir Naik is rich but I assume he also perform enough supplications and invocations.

What specifically is the advantage of the poor when both the rich and the poor can perform both supplications and invocations?

Thank you
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by AntiChristian: 11:24am On May 12, 2023
TenQ:

LOL!
I was stating my understanding as I felt the advantage of the poor over the rich is that they have TIME for supplications and invocations . You will this need to help me

Example:
Zakir Naik is rich but I assume he also perform enough supplications and invocations.

What specifically is the advantage of the poor when both the rich and the poor can perform both supplications and invocations?

Thank you

You should read the last post again!
If the poor does charity, it can weigh more than that of the rich!

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “One silver coin is ahead of one hundred thousand others.” They said, “O Messenger of Allah, how is it so?” The Prophet said, “A man has only two coins, so he takes one and gives it in charity. Another man has abundant wealth, so he takes one hundred thousand coins from a mere portion of it and gives it in charity.”

Source: Sunan al-Nasā’ī 2528
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

Abdullah ibn Umar reported: The poor emigrants complained to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, for what Allah favored the rich over them. The Prophet said, “O you in poverty, I bring you glad tidings that the poor believers will enter Paradise before the rich by half of a day, the length of which is like five hundred years.”

Musa ibn ‘Ubaydah recited the verse, “Verily, a day to your Lord is like a thousand years in your count.” (22:47)

Source: Sunan Ibn Mājah 4214
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 11:39am On May 12, 2023
AntiChristian:

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “One silver coin is ahead of one hundred thousand others.” They said, “O Messenger of Allah, how is it so?” The Prophet said, “A man has only two coins, so he takes one and gives it in charity. Another man has abundant wealth, so he takes one hundred thousand coins from a mere portion of it and gives it in charity.”

Abdullah ibn Umar reported: The poor emigrants complained to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, for what Allah favored the rich over them. The Prophet said, “O you in poverty, I bring you glad tidings that the poor believers will enter Paradise before the rich by half of a day, the length of which is like five hundred years.”

Musa ibn ‘Ubaydah recited the verse, “Verily, a day to your Lord is like a thousand years in your count.” (22:47)

Thanks for the clarification with this hadith.

However,
1. Why would the poor Muslims enter paradise for half a day before the rich Muslim?

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The poor Muslims will enter Paradise before the rich by half of a day, the length of which is like five hundred years.”
Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2354

2. I seem not to be able to reconcile the DESTINY of Allah with your deeds on earth: for if a baby can go to hell, how much control does an adult Muslim have on not going to hell?

1. If Allah has destined even Muslim BABIES (who have not directly committed any sin) to Hell fire, what hope does a grown sinning Muslim man has?
Sahih Muslim (6436)

2. One of the cardinal things a Muslim must believe in is DESTINY: If Allah has destined a person (Christian, Muslim or Polytheist) to hell by misleading him, what kind of intercession can save one who Allah himself DECEIVED?

Thank you please
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by MightySparrow: 12:12pm On May 12, 2023
TenQ:

God is good.
Many Christians will see all the things Muslims keep hidden about Islam.

Muslims who seek the truth can first see the deception they've been subjected to under Islam.

Even then, the educational value is invaluable to have.
Peace my friend.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by drlateef: 12:23pm On May 12, 2023
TenQ:

I have attached the screenshot of the full hadith from Sunnah.com so that you can know that Christians did not insert any bracket into your hadith.

Is it not Allah who created Christianity by deceiving them to see Jesus on the Cross?

If Christians are on the wrong path, why did Allah say Jews, Christian and Sabians will go to paradise?

Did not Mohammed say that at the end times, you Muslims would be divided into 73 sects and only one would be on the right path?
Jesus was supposed to kill the pigs (Jews) : why?

The Isa of Islam seem to be far different from the Jesus of the bible

All Jews and Christians have NEVER said God dictated or wrote their Scriptures. Genesis to Revelation was written by Human Beings representing God.

The Qur'an on the other hand claim to be DICTATED verbatim words of Allah: therefore we can easily test.
Allah says if the Qur'an was not from him, it would have contained contradictions.

And it is easy to show that the Qur'an is full of contradictions to History, to Science, to Mathematics, to Logic etc.

2. If the Qur'an is from God how does a man have his reproductive fluid from his backbone while the woman has her own reproductive fluids from her ribs?
3. If the Qur'an is from God, why did he report the fable/tale of the seven sleepers as actual events?
5. If the Qur'an is from God, why did he allow divorce of children (in child marriage)?
6. If the Qur'an is from God, why did it contain bed time stories told to Jewish children about Solomon who died for nearly a year standing and no body noticing ?
7. Qur'an says Jesus was not crucified and till today, no Muslim can tell us what happened: they are full of conjectures

If you want to challenge them, I will prove each to you using your Qur'an. Pick them one by one.

Finally,
Even your prophet attests to the Torah (written by Humans)

There are so many misconceptions in your submissions. Where do i start from? First of all, a just ruler is different from a king. Jesus will rule on one form or the other, but not as a king. Because Allah has not established kingship in Islam under the era of Muhammad. And Mahdi will probably be his Imam because he will pray behind the imam.
Secondly Allah mentions Christians, Jews, Saebians who believe in only Allah and the day of judgement. Those are the ones who will eventually enter paradise just like every other muslim. But if they don’t believe in Islam and Quran, it is very likely they will spend time in hell fire before eventually entering paradise. The reason is because these are the questions angels will ask them in their graves after death. If they fail any of the questions they will be judged on them by Allah. Just like some muslims who do shirk with Islam. Some christians still believe in only one God eg. Jehovah’s Witnesses. But any Christian that believes jesus is God or shares some power with Allah will not enter paradise. This is because Allah says He will never forgive the sin of associating partners with Him. They will spend time in hell fire. And if they have any iota of belief in God, they may be taken out to paradise after a time known only to Allah.
Allah did not deceive people to become Christians, just like Allah did not deceive some jews who worship Moses. The people have followed their own desires. Jesus was possibly nailed but not killed on cross. And that does not mean people should worship him or follow him in a religion. Jesus never instructed them to worship him, neither did he create any religion. Because he was not instructed to do so by Allah. And all your so-called contradictions you listed, at best are confusing to you, but never a contradiction, if you know what contradiction means linguistically. The confusions require another discussion to thrash them out another time.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by AntiChristian: 12:35pm On May 12, 2023
TenQ:

Thanks for the clarification with this hadith.

However,
1. Why would the poor Muslims enter paradise for half a day before the rich Muslim?

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The poor Muslims will enter Paradise before the rich by half of a day, the length of which is like five hundred years.”
Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2354

Again I already answer this earlier. The rich has a lot of wealth and will take time to account for how s/he amassed the wealth!

2. I seem not to be able to reconcile the DESTINY of Allah with your deeds on earth: for if a baby can go to hell, how much control does an adult Muslim have on not going to hell?

1. If Allah has destined even Muslim BABIES (who have not directly committed any sin) to Hell fire, what hope does a grown sinning Muslim man has?
Sahih Muslim (6436)

Allah has written our Destiny because He is the all Knower, He knows what was, what is and what will be! However, no one will be punished until they commit sin!

Babies that died before they become responsible for their actions will be tested by Allah on the day of resurrection!
Whoever passes will be in Jannah and whoever fails will be in hell!

2. One of the cardinal things a Muslim must believe in is DESTINY: If Allah has destined a person (Christian, Muslim or Polytheist) to hell by misleading him, what kind of intercession can save one who Allah himself DECEIVED?
It is destiny that s/he will enter heaven by intercession after being in hell.
Intercession on the day of resurrection is of two types. The first will be done by the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam as a grace from Allah. When all mankind will have become weary from waiting for judgement, he will intercede for all mankind that judgement may be passed! This is the great intercession!

What is the context/Settings of this verse?

Thank you please

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 7:03am On May 13, 2023
AntiChristian:

Again I already answer this earlier. The rich has a lot of wealth and will take time to account for how s/he amassed the wealth!
Okay!

AntiChristian:

Allah has written our Destiny because He is the all Knower, He knows what was, what is and what will be! However, no one will be punished until they commit sin!

Babies that died before they become responsible for their actions will be tested by Allah on the day of resurrection!
Whoever passes will be in Jannah and whoever fails will be in hell!
This is contrary to the hadiths I posted about babies. Mohammed states that Allah created some people for Hell fire and thus Muslim babies can go to hell fire. Its according to the decree of Allah and no one can change his decree!

AntiChristian:

It is destiny that s/he will enter heaven by intercession after being in hell.
Intercession on the day of resurrection is of two types. The first will be done by the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam as a grace from Allah. When all mankind will have become weary from waiting for judgement, he will intercede for all mankind that judgement may be passed! This is the great intercession!
If a big chunk of your hadiths are fabricated, how can you be sure that Mohammed will be an intercessor to Muslims. The Quran NEVER said that: I stand to be corrected!
Not one single prophet including Moses says he would be an intercessor to their followers on the day of judgement: do you know of any?

If Mohammed is a sinner like the rest of us, he's also in need intercession.

BTW:
The Bible speaks of the fact that there exist NO intercession after death.
“Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment” (Hebrews 9:27)

Why do you think Jesus is called Al-Hakam in Islam?

AntiChristian:

The context is the same: when Allah decides, no one can change it!
eg. If Allah misleads a person, no one can set him aright!
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 7:27am On May 13, 2023
Am I also in misconception with these claims

drlateef:

There are so many misconceptions in your submissions. Where do i start from? First of all, a just ruler is different from a king. Jesus will rule on one form or the other, but not as a king. Because Allah has not established kingship in Islam under the era of Muhammad. And Mahdi will probably be his Imam because he will pray behind the imam.
But Allah didn't say any of these: do you believe in All hadiths!
Just as you claimed a hadith I quoted was modified by Christians: could this no have also been modified by Muslims?
By the way:
It conflicts with the earlier revealed scripture.

drlateef:

Secondly Allah mentions Christians, Jews, Saebians who believe in only Allah and the day of judgement. Those are the ones who will eventually enter paradise just like every other muslim. But if they don’t believe in Islam and Quran, it is very likely they will spend time in hell fire before eventually entering paradise. The reason is because these are the questions angels will ask them in their graves after death. If they fail any of the questions they will be judged on them by Allah. Just like some muslims who do shirk with Islam. Some christians still believe in only one God eg. Jehovah’s Witnesses. But any Christian that believes jesus is God or shares some power with Allah will not enter paradise. This is because Allah says He will never forgive the sin of associating partners with Him. They will spend time in hell fire. And if they have any iota of belief in God, they may be taken out to paradise after a time known only to Allah.
As of the time of Mohammed, Christians have believed that Allah is Jesus the son of Mary, they believed in the day of Judgment, they believed in one God (if you know of christians at the time of Mohammed who didn't believe that, please Id accept your evidence)
Quran 6:72
They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers.

Allah was condemning Christians here but then,

Why would Allah say that they go to paradise?

drlateef:

Allah did not deceive people to become Christians, just like Allah did not deceive some jews who worship Moses. The people have followed their own desires. Jesus was possibly nailed but not killed on cross. And that does not mean people should worship him or follow him in a religion. Jesus never instructed them to worship him, neither did he create any religion. Because he was not instructed to do so by Allah. And all your so-called contradictions you listed, at best are confusing to you, but never a contradiction, if you know what contradiction means linguistically. The confusions require another discussion to thrash them out another time.
1. There is NO single Jew who worshipped Moses: your evidence if you disagree!
2. Allah Deceived the Christians just as he deceived the Jews:
Do you agree that Allah deceived the Jews an Romans about the crucifixion and death of Christ?
If Yes!
Tell me one thing Allah did diferently for the Christians (including mary the mother of Jesus, the Disciples, the followers etc)
3. Are you Ahmadiyah?
You said that "Jesus was possibly nailed but not killed on cross". This is contrary to the Quran
Quran 4:157
That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah"; but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not.

Allah was very clear
1. Jesus was NOT killed
2. Jesus was NOT Crucified
3. It was MADE to APPEAR to them that Jesus was crucified and killed

The process of hanging a person on a tree with the purpose of executing him is called crucifixion.

Actually, it is the Muslims who follow their own CONJECTURES as the Jews, Romans and Christians can tell you exactly what happened to Jesus.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 7:50am On May 13, 2023
We as Christians are NOT saved by our good deeds, we are
1. We are Saved from Hell by TRUSTING God (Faith) for our Salvations (salvation is a Gift of God)
Ephesian 2:8-11
8 For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life

2. We are Judged according to our deeds.
1 Cor 3:15
If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what we have done whether good or bad.

AntiChristian:

Noted:
If a person is saved by his good deeds:
1. Is there ANY Guarantee that a person's good deeds will exceed his bad deeds?
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by AntiChristian: 9:09am On May 13, 2023
TenQ:
We as Christians are NOT saved by our good deeds, we are
1. We are Saved from Hell by TRUSTING God (Faith) for our Salvations (salvation is a Gift of God)
Ephesian 2:8-11
8 For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life

2. We are Judged according to our deeds.
1 Cor 3:15
If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what we have done whether good or bad.

As Paul instituted for you in the Letters sent to Ephesian, Corinthians,....
What did Jesus himself command in his lifetime according to your apostle Mark?
Mark 10:17-31
As Jesus was starting out on his way to Jerusalem, a man came running up to him, knelt down, and asked, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked. “Only God is truly good. But to answer your question, you know the commandments: ‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. You must not cheat anyone. Honor your father and mother.”
“Teacher,” the man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.”
Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. “There is still one thing you haven’t done,” he told him. “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

So Jesus did emphasized on Good deeds in your Bible!

For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:20

Noted:
If a person is saved by his good deeds:
1. Is there ANY Guarantee that a person's good deeds will exceed his bad deeds?
Many will have their good deeds outweighing their bad deeds! (Destination - Paradise)
Many will have their bad deeds outweighing their good deeds! (Destination - Hell, will come out later if Muslim)
Many will have their good deeds balancing their bad deeds! (Destination - Will be in between Paradise and Hell but later enter Paradise)
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by drlateef: 9:31am On May 13, 2023
TenQ:
Am I also in misconception with these claims

But Allah didn't say any of these: do you believe in All hadiths!
Just as you claimed a hadith I quoted was modified by Christians: could this no have also been modified by Muslims?
By the way:
It conflicts with the earlier revealed scripture.

As of the time of Mohammed, Christians have believed that Allah is Jesus the son of Mary, they believed in the day of Judgment, they believed in one God (if you know of christians at the time of Mohammed who didn't believe that, please Id accept your evidence)
Quran 6:72
They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers.

Allah was condemning Christians here but then,

Why would Allah say that they go to paradise?

1. There is NO single Jew who worshipped Moses: your evidence if you disagree!
2. Allah Deceived the Christians just as he deceived the Jews:
Do you agree that Allah deceived the Jews an Romans about the crucifixion and death of Christ?
If Yes!
Tell me one thing Allah did diferently for the Christians (including mary the mother of Jesus, the Disciples, the followers etc)
3. Are you Ahmadiyah?
You said that "Jesus was possibly nailed but not killed on cross". This is contrary to the Quran
Quran 4:157
That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah"; but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not.

Allah was very clear
1. Jesus was NOT killed
2. Jesus was NOT Crucified
3. It was MADE to APPEAR to them that Jesus was crucified and killed

The process of hanging a person on a tree with the purpose of executing him is called crucifixion.

Actually, it is the Muslims who follow their own CONJECTURES as the Jews, Romans and Christians can tell you exactly what happened to Jesus.

Write all your queries down and ask me questions one by one.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 10:21am On May 13, 2023
drlateef:

Okay!

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 10:31am On May 13, 2023
AntiChristian:

As Paul instituted for you in the Letters sent to Ephesian, Corinthians,....

Many will have their good deeds outweighing their bad deeds! (Destination - Paradise)
Many will have their bad deeds outweighing their good deeds! (Destination - Hell, will come out later if Muslim)
Many will have their good deeds balancing their bad deeds! (Destination - Will be in between Paradise and Hell but later enter Paradise)
You quoted:
For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:20
Can ones righteousness exceed that of the Pharisees and Teachers of the Law?
Mat 18:3:
"And said, Truly I say to you, Except you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

John 3:14-17:
"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

I other words, no Muslim can know before hand if he would be saved or not.

Suppose it is UNTRUE that a person can come out of hell fire after a period of time?

What happens to you Muslims?
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by SIRTee15: 10:47am On May 13, 2023
drlateef:

1. As a doctor u claim to be, do u agree with the Qur'an that the semen is from the backbone.
2. I'm sure u deal with children, tell me when u think a female child can consent to marriage.

U can choose not to answer the next 2...
3. Why was Jesus called the Messiah in the Qur'an. Messiah is an Hebrew word meaning the anointed who will save his people.
Does Qur'an agree with above definition, if not then why was it used for Jesus. The Arabic definition of Messiah is inconsequential because it's not an Arabic word.
The Qur'an also said the Jews called Jesus the Messiah.
And because of their saying: “We killed the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah’s messenger.” They did not kill or crucify him, but it was made to appear so to them. Those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof, but a conjecture they follow; they did not kill him for certain. (4.157)

The Jews except for the Nazarites did not believe Jesus was the Messiah and they never called him the Messiah.
The Nazarites obviously did not kill Jesus.
Where did Qur'an find these Jews who believed Jesus was the Messiah and yet killed him.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by AntiChristian: 10:48am On May 13, 2023
TenQ:

You quoted:
Can ones righteousness exceed that of the Pharisees and Teachers of the Law?
Why not?
Everyone have equal chance to pile up good deeds and minimize bad deeds!

Mat 18:3:
"And said, Truly I say to you, Except you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

John 3:14-17:
"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

Jesus's world is defined!
Then Jesus said to the woman, “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep—the people of Israel.” Matthew 15:24

"Begotten" can mean brought about by sex or to bring about! God beget Adam and Eve too in your Bible! Jesus is not "only"...

I other words, no Muslim can know before hand if he would be saved or not.
We don't know the unseen! Just as Jesus too does not know when the hour will be established in the Bible!

How do you know in Christianity?
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’ Matthew 7:21-23

Suppose it is UNTRUE that a person can come out of hell fire after a period of time?
What happens to you Muslims?

Suppose? Apply the suppose to the Falsity of your belief that Jesus died for your sins first?
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 11:21am On May 13, 2023
AntiChristian:

Why not?
Everyone have equal chance to pile up good deeds and minimize bad deeds!

Jesus's world is defined!
Then Jesus said to the woman, “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep—the people of Israel.” Matthew 15:24

"Begotten" can mean brought about by sex or to bring about! God beget Adam and Eve too in your Bible! Jesus is not "only"...
This Islamic script ha been punctured several times.
Mar 16:15-16:
"And he (Jesus) said to them, Go you into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be damned."
John 1:11-13:
"He came to his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."

Your arguments busted with just two scriptures

AntiChristian:

We don't know the unseen! Just as Jesus too does not know when the hour will be established in the Bible!

How do you know in Christianity?
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’ Matthew 7:21-23

This scripture shows Jesus as a judge who decides who goes to paradise or hell and not as one who doesn't know what will befall him.
Say: I am no new thing among the messengers (of Allah), nor know I what will be done with me or with you. I do but follow that which is inspired in me, and I am but a plain warner.

If there is anyone Allah says doesn't know, it is Mohammed.
Everything you Muslims write about Mohammed's intercession is thus a big set of FABRICATIONS!

AntiChristian:

Suppose? Apply the suppose to the Falsity of your belief that Jesus died for your sins first?
If Jesus didn't die on the cross, explain what happened to him.

Repeating a lie doesn't make it become the truth!
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by drlateef: 12:41pm On May 13, 2023
SIRTee15:

1. As a doctor u claim to be, do u agree with the Qur'an that the semen is from the backbone.
2. I'm sure u deal with children, tell me when u think a female child can consent to marriage.

U can choose not to answer the next 2...
3. Why was Jesus called the Messiah in the Qur'an. Messiah is an Hebrew word meaning the anointed who will save his people.
Does Qur'an agree with above definition, if not then why was it used for Jesus. The Arabic definition of Messiah is inconsequential because it's not an Arabic word.
The Qur'an also said the Jews called Jesus the Messiah.
And because of their saying: “We killed the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah’s messenger.” They did not kill or crucify him, but it was made to appear so to them. Those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof, but a conjecture they follow; they did not kill him for certain. (4.157)

The Jews except for the Nazarites did not believe Jesus was the Messiah and they never called him the Messiah.
The Nazarites obviously did not kill Jesus.
Where did Qur'an find these Jews who believed Jesus was the Messiah and yet killed him.

I will just limit myself to answering one question at a time, just as I advised you.

1. You asked if I agree that semen is from back bone.
Answer is YES. The Quran chapter 86:5. Says:

"Now let man but think from what he is created! He is created from a drop emitted. Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs."

My knowledge of human embryology perfectly situates the origin of testes which produce sperm to be correctly situated at the junction of L1 vertebra where the germinal ridge arises from the side of notochord in human embryo during the stage of organogenesis. These testes then descend into scrotal sacs around the time of birth. All trained doctors must have heard about undescended testes. This is an abnormality of descent which clearly shows that testes do not originate from scrotal sac but descend into scrotal sac from their origin. That origin has been accurately described anatomically and embryologically by Allah the owner of mankind. This is enough miracle for you because no scientists had prior knowledge of that before the Quran was revealed. And the Quran was revealed to an illiterate of all people. Even knowledgeable people at the time had no such knowledge.

Your next question?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Should A Christian Be A Member Of A Secret Society?" / Supernatural Experience: My Visit To Heaven And Hell (wednesday, April 01, 2015) / Khadijat Wife Of The Prophet Muhammad SAW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.