Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity (4281 Views)

Hisbah Versus Christianity: Is Alcohol Prohibited In Christianity? / Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance / True Definition Of Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by SIRTee15: 10:48pm On May 13, 2023
sonmvayina:

I am not a Christian...

I am a man, that obeys God's commandments.
Which was given to us so that we can increase our consciousness and live in peace...
I don't worship a Jewish man that was nailed to a cross. That would be idolatry..

Ok u are of the 13th lost tribe of Israel. Do u care to share with me how u guys ended up in Nigeria.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 10:52pm On May 13, 2023
SIRTee15:

Ok u are of the 13th lost tribe of Israel. Do u care to share with me how u guys ended up in Nigeria.

Actually it is the other way...
Israel is a lost tribe of the Igbos...

Hebrews is a corruption of Igbos.....
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by SIRTee15: 11:38pm On May 13, 2023
Ok drlateef has failed to respond to our rebuttal. Maybe because he has no answer or he's trying to see how he can argue against artificial intelligence.
Anyway I need to move to the next question.
But before that, it has to be made clear that Qur'an is not from God. Why?

God said in his word that he knew and made us right in our mother's womb

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

Psalm 139.13-16

Thus says the Lord who made you, who formed you from the womb and will help you: Fear not, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun whom I have chosen.

Isaiah 44.2

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,
Isaiah 44.24

Did not he who made me in the womb make him? And did not one fashion us in the womb?

Job 31.15

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
Jeremiah 1.5

As we can see from multiple verses from the bible, God knew us in the womb and fully creates all our development stages as a fetus right from conception to birth.
If God is to write a book on our embryogenesis there will no mistake or error. It will be 100% accurate.

The embryogenesis of semen and ovaries given in the Qur'an is wrong, an error...a guess work that failed woefully. No amount of explanation or manipulation by modern day Muslims can cover for the glaring mistake.
This proves God did not dictate the Qur'an. The book isnt from God, it lacks credibility to be called a divine book, it's simply the writings of men doing guess work with science.

If Muslims want to continue believing the Koran, that's fine but if they are to be honest, they should question if it's truly the direct word of God

Drlateef, my 2nd question....if u happy to continue:
As a medical doctor, tell me the age u think a girl can consent to marriage.

Other Muslims can help.....
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by SIRTee15: 11:38pm On May 13, 2023
sonmvayina:

Actually it is the other way...
Israel is a lost tribe of the Igbos...

Hebrews is a corruption of Igbos.....

The delusion is real
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 7:20am On May 14, 2023
SIRTee15:

The delusion is real

Believe whatever you like...

It does not change the facts..
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by Nobody: 7:28am On May 14, 2023
Where did the op (and some christians) get this "sin is sin, there's no small sin or big sin" from? This is contrary to what the Bible says. If it's so, why did Jesus differentiate the sin against the Holy Ghost from others in gravity? In one of the books of John (or Peter, I can't remember now) there was a differentiation on "sins that lead to death, and sins that don't lead to death". If all sins are of equal gravity why are these differentiation found in the bible?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 8:29am On May 14, 2023
SamboAnguissa:
Where did the op (and some christians) get this "sin is sin, there's no small sin or big sin" from? This is contrary to what the Bible says. If it's so, why did Jesus differentiate the sin against the Holy Ghost from others in gravity? In one of the books of John (or Peter, I can't remember now) there was a differentiation on "sins that lead to death, and sins that don't lead to death". If all sins are of equal gravity why are these differentiation found in the bible?
The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is worse than any sin, it is an outright deliberate REBELLION against God and His Power!

TenQ:

Thanks for the note about the Spirit of God.

This is a completely different class of violation of God's Commands or Instructions.

A person can blaspheme the Holy Spirit in a state of conscious rebellion against His person: when such a person who knows the Holy Spirit Consciously dare Him in an act of IRREVERENCE.

To blaspheme the Holy Spirit of God does not even have forgiveness.

Luk 12:10:
"And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but to him that blasphemes against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven."

Sin is SIN in both Religions, however the Concept of the Weight and Consequence of Sin is completely different.

Here is an analogy of Weight of Sin
1. FORNICATION× infinity = STEALING ×infinity = MURDER×infinity =INFINITY!

Does the actual value of fornication, stealing or murder matter?
2. Does it matter if I excrete 1mg of feaces into your wine cup or I excrete 10 kg of feaces into the same cup: will you drink from it?

It is not about the Quantity of Sin, it is the fact that sin contaminates

The only sin that lead to death and you can't pray about is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

1Jn 5:16-17:
"If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he will ask, and God will give him life for those whose sin is not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death."
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 8:30am On May 14, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

This guys just lumps together all sorts of garbage and tries to leave around it, bringing together east and west to appear or sound logical. Still get an F9 by the way.

1. A whole ton of rubbish trying to justify original sin. Humans are weak and crave that which is a sin does not mean humans committed a sin at birth. For all intents and purposes, a child is free of any wrongdoing. Even the Bible said so 'a child shouldn't be judged by the sins of the parents', where does original sin come from again?

2. The way you talk about sin and the way you Christians live is completely, two galaxies away. You people are the most unobservant of any commandment even when they are your biggest assignments, it's what the Bible told you to do, observe the commandments, do you do that?

4. Why would the cost of sin be huge that it has be atoned for with blood sacrifice? Didn't good know that humans are weak and will commit sins that he has to sacrifice his own child after discovering such to help atone humans sins? Does that mean any sin can be committed by anyone with no repercussions? If yes, then what's the essence of religion and all the instructions to be observed when your sins - the ones committed and the ones to be committed have already been given a free pass for? Meaning fornicate, kill, consume everything, do anything, don't observe the commandments, there are no repercussions?

If no, then why was a blood sacrifice needed in the first instance when it does not atone for the sins to be committed?

6. This blood sacrifice that's the foundation of xtianity, does it cover the generations of old and future? By old I mean Adam, Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Ezra, God's friends and children by the Bible's words?

It is better to leave that Confused Soul to his delusion. He brings all sorts together to justify a narrative and an agenda. At best his arguments are specious albeit lacking in a sound doctrines derived from his so-called Book of Authority but rather from the Tortured brains of people like him who believe they know God s mind and can speak for Him.

Clearly he reads from the Bible that his Jesus and his father WILL NOT FORGIVE blasphemy against a certain Holy Sppok yet he can turn around and say Muslims holds Sins in Graduated scales? On the evidence of this alone, is it not safe to say, if a particular transgressions will never be forgiven you, while others can be forgiven, then Sins/Transgressions are in Grades of LESSER AND GREATER ONES?

But he has been wired to think from his rear end, his DELUSION is CHOSEN by Jehovah Himself.

Engage him but I guarantee you, he will ONLY waste your TIME with his rigmaroles, whataboutism, endless and meaningless tirades and warped confused and concoctions of Scriptures to justify his delusion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 8:36am On May 14, 2023
SamboAnguissa:

The answer to your question lies in the Doctrine they preach about the Original Sin. The Sin Adam and Eve committed by disobeying God in the Garden.

Don't bother yourself trying to make meaning of anything from them. They can't explain anything rather they bring in more confusion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 8:47am On May 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:

It is better to leave that Confused Soul to his delusion. He brings all sorts together to justify a narrative and an agenda. At best his arguments are specious albeit lacking in a sound doctrines derived from his so-called Book of Authority but rather from the Tortured brains of people like him who believe they know God s mind and can speak for Him.

Clearly he reads from the Bible that his Jesus and his father WILL NOT FORGIVE blasphemy against a certain Holy Sppok yet he can turn around and say Muslims holds Sins in Graduated scales? On the evidence of this alone, is it not safe to say, if a particular transgressions will never be forgiven you, while others can be forgiven, then Sins/Transgressions are in Grades of LESSER AND GREATER ONES?

But he has been wired to think from his rear end, his DELUSION is CHOSEN by Jehovah Himself.

Engage him but I guarantee you, he will ONLY waste your TIME with his rigmaroles, whataboutism, endless and meaningless tirades and warped confused and concoctions of Scriptures to justify his delusion.
Endless rants over nothing!

I usually write to expose the things you Muslims would rather gloss over or pretend it doesn't even exist. To this you think I am your enemy: far from it.

You might want to list the graduation of sin according to Christian theology if speak untruth.

My crime!?
I force you to think about Islamic doctrines.

Remember, it takes only ONE goof to conclude that God never dictated the Qur'an
1. If the Qur'an is from God, why does it say the sun set in some murky waters?
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:49am On May 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:

I knew that nothing I'll come out of engaging him, only to demystify whatever it is he feels about himself.

I doubt if he's ever checked the references he's given from their propaganda house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 8:51am On May 14, 2023
TenQ:

Endless rants over nothing!

I usually write to expose the things you Muslims would rather gloss over or pretend it doesn't even exist. To this you think I am your enemy: far from it.

You might want to list the graduation of sin according to Christian theology if speak untruth.

My crime!?
I force you to think about Islamic doctrines.

Confused One, it has been a while though! I can see that the confusion cum delusion is not easing up. Lol

Just keep at it, you have your audience so ride on.........
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 8:54am On May 14, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

I knew that nothing I'll come out of engaging him, only to demystify whatever it is he feels about himself.

I doubt if he's ever checked the references he's given from their propaganda house.

Alright then. Glad that you get the gist.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 9:15am On May 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Confused One, it has been a while though! I can see that the confusion cum delusion is not easing up. Lol

Just keep at it, you have your audience so ride on.........

You don't know if that is why I ask you questions? LOL

The goof of the reproductive fluid coming from the rib and backbone has been broken.

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by drlateef: 9:21am On May 14, 2023
SIRTee15:
Ok drlateef has failed to respond to our rebuttal. Maybe because he has no answer or he's trying to see how he can argue against artificial intelligence.
Anyway I need to move to the next question.
But before that, it has to be made clear that Qur'an is not from God. Why?

God said in his word that he knew and made us right in our mother's womb

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

Psalm 139.13-16

Thus says the Lord who made you, who formed you from the womb and will help you: Fear not, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun whom I have chosen.

Isaiah 44.2

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,
Isaiah 44.24

Did not he who made me in the womb make him? And did not one fashion us in the womb?

Job 31.15

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
Jeremiah 1.5

As we can see from multiple verses from the bible, God knew us in the womb and fully creates all our development stages as a fetus right from conception to birth.
If God is to write a book on our embryogenesis there will no mistake or error. It will be 100% accurate.

The embryogenesis of semen and ovaries given in the Qur'an is wrong, an error...a guess work that failed woefully. No amount of explanation or manipulation by modern day Muslims can cover for the glaring mistake.
This proves God did not dictate the Qur'an. The book isnt from God, it lacks credibility to be called a divine book, it's simply the writings of men doing guess work with science.

If Muslims want to continue believing the Koran, that's fine but if they are to be honest, they should question if it's truly the direct word of God

Drlateef, my 2nd question....if u happy to continue:
As a medical doctor, tell me the age u think a girl can consent to marriage.

Other Muslims can help.....

You are not honest, no point further discussing with you. You read book and quoted from embryology book and yet you removed vital portions of it to conceal your failures in argument. You see notochord in your book and yet omitted it to suit your fake argument. No point further talking to you. Bye!!!

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 9:28am On May 14, 2023
TenQ:

You don't know if that is why I ask you questions? LOL

The goof of the reproductive fluid coming from the rib and backbone has been broken.

No letting up at all.....

Continue, Yahweh himself choose your DELUSION

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 9:33am On May 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:

No letting up at all.....

Continue, Yahweh himself choose your DELUSION
You forgot that Allah destined me to become a Christian and also to write about Islam.

I'm I not under the power of the DESTINY of Allah?

I guess it is also part of Allah's Destiny to despise my writings. Too bad, Allah is setting us against each other!

Again:

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by SIRTee15: 12:07pm On May 14, 2023
drlateef:

You are not honest, no point further discussing with you. You read book and quoted from embryology book and yet you removed vital portions of it to conceal your failures in argument. You see notochord in your book and yet omitted it to suit your fake argument. No point further talking to you. Bye!!!

So artificial intelligence also removed notochord from it's explanation. Chatgpt even explained what notochord is all about....but u didn't see it?
Did u read the USMLE link I sent u? No....read it, it spoke about notochord.

You are the dishonest person or u don't know what u talking about.

Go to your own embryology book and bring evidence the gonadal development arise from the notochord or neural plate.
If u don't have it, your L1 theory doesn't make sense.
The reputation of the Qur'an as the word of God is in shatters. That reputation needs help....redeem it.

N.B. We need FACTS otherwise your claim will be rejected.

Meanwhile we move to 2nd question..
At what age do u think a girl can consent to marriage.

Other Muslims can help....
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by Rosykitchen: 3:06pm On May 14, 2023
Don't compare Jesus with Mammoth. Christianity is not a religion like Islam. Where is their leader? Dead and in the grave. Jesus is alive and still speaking, doing and living.

Christianity is the reconciliation of mankind to get reconnected back to God as Adam and Eve were originally connected to God in the beginning.

Jesus is the second Adam.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by SIRTee15: 3:21pm On May 14, 2023
The funny thing is modern day Muslims are the ones destroying Muhammad reputation by pushing words into his mouth when Muhammad himself had absolved himself of all his mistakes when on earth.

Muhammad clearly told his followers that he's only human and thus deficient in general knowledge, so they should take his non religious comments with pinch of salt.
Muhammed told his followers that if they notice what he said was wrong, they should ignore the nonsense and do what they know is right.

This is in the authentic book of hadith, sahih muslim

Muhammad had advised his followers certain way of growing date palm but that caused negative effect on the crops. When the companions asked the Prophet about it, he said they have to take from him what relates to the religion, while for what relates to this worldly affairs or general knowledge, they can use their wisdom, knowledge and judgement.

The narration in Sahih Muslim is as follows:

After arriving in Medina, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) passed by some people who were fecundating some date palms, so he asked them what they were doing. When they told him, he said, “I don’t think that will provide any benefit,” or in another narration, “It would be better if you didn’t do that.”

So they refrained from doing it, and that year the crop was not as good. They mentioned it to him (peace and blessings be upon him), and he replied:

I am only a human: if I command you to do something in your religion, then take it; but if I tell you to do something based on personal opinion, then [realize] that I am only human,” and in another narration, “Yet if I inform you of something from Allah, then do it, for indeed I will never convey an untruth on behalf of Allah Mighty and Majestic,” and in yet another narration, “You know better of your worldly affairs.

Sahih Muslim, Sunan Ibn Maja, Sahih Ibn Hibban, Musnad Ahmed and other sources.

From above, it's clear Muhammed gave a sensible and pragmatic response to his goofs in the Qur'an and hadiths which is I don't know it all.
Unfortunately, modern day Muslims have rejected Muhammed's answer and created their own answers that have only drawn criticism to the name of their prophet.
On the judgement day, Muhammed will condemn all Muslims who has rejected his good answer and brought mockery to his name.
Muslims should stop speaking for Muhammed, he already spoke for himself regarding his mistakes. You guys are not helping him, u simply making things worse.

If Muhammed said the sun sets in murky waters and now we know that is not true, Muslims should just admit Muhammad goofed and let it be.
If Muhammad said the semen comes from the backbone and now we know that's incorrect. Muslims should desist from manipulating his words and accept what he said was wrong.

Providing us with the prophet's correct answer will prevent many endless argument we have both online and offline re Muhammed.
Just tell us Muhammed made a mistake when he said this or that; it is an acceptable answer and we will all move on, instead of making excuse for him.
On judgement day, Muhammed will condemn many modern day Muslims who continue to twist his words when he never told them to do so.

It's ironic a Christian is the one reminding Muslims to follow the teaching of their prophet....very ironic.

Cc
To our Muslims friends on nairaland:
LegalWolf Vanessa7 AntiChristian Empiree, Rash4ductluv, BabaHeekmat, Haekymbahd, motayoayinde, drlateef, Thatfairguy1, MrCodeSolo , Hisbah21, thatsleepboy1 , Lordmoh , OBALOLA55, x123xlolls , Lukuluku69 , mhmsadyq, Ibsaq , Herkeym001 , Sulasa07 , hakeemhakeem , abduljabbar4 ,olaalekan ,Friend22 , uthlaw , Exc2000 , AbuTwins ,Akhirastriver ,Akinbahm , Sino , KayB , youngdroly , jaggabban , ukeleh , Realismailakabir , Bami8064 Greatgr , Gaskiyamagana Compton11 , Alfarouq , MrCodeSolo Satmaniac saintHot, drlateef, Donkmore
Akinbahm , IMEI , FATHAT , talk2hb1 , iamrealdeji , Encyclopedia1 , Raheeqilmaktoom , Bintdawood , Flanker , Raheeqilmaktoom , rolams , honesttalk21
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by SIRTee15: 3:26pm On May 14, 2023
So with the above in mind....
Can any Muslim come forward and answer this question

At what age can a female child consent to marriage.

Remember Muhammad already told u guys unequivocally that he's not an expert on worldly affairs....that he did it doesn't make it the right answer.

I repeat....
At what age do u think a girl child can consent to marriage.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by IMEI: 3:50pm On May 14, 2023
TenQ:
Both Islam and Christianity agree about the definition of SIN:
Sin can generally be defined as a VIOLATION of God's instructions or command.

Other than this, there is a wide gap between the understanding of the GRAVITY of SIN by Christians and Muslims.

Islam:
A. Muslims usually see SIN as TRIVIAL such that it takes NOTHING from God to OVERLOOK the Sin of a Person.
B. For Muslims, there SIN is in graduations. There are small Sins and Big Sins of which the biggest is Shirk (associating partners with Allah)

Christians:
A. For the Christians, SIN is the most Grevious Offence a Human being can commit AND thus a Sinner CANNOT escape PUNISHMENT.
B. There is NO Big Sin or Small Sin before God as ALL Sin have an INFINITE consequence.

FOR COMPARISON PURPOSE:
In other words (for the Muslim Readers), the Christians are saying that SIN is the VIOLATION of the Kunfayakun (Power of Command or Decree: BE!) of God!
In other words, the Power of the Kunfayakun of God FAILS anytime Sin is Committed by a Person.

1. Sin is a CONTAMINANT
I will have to explain the Concept of SIN in Christianity as it is completely different from the Concept of SIN in Islam. Sin is not just what we have done that is not right but a CONTAMINANT!

The Bible describes our Bodies as Houses or Containers (Cup, Plate etc) for the Spirit of God.

1Cor 6:19:
"Or have ye not known that your body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have from God, and ye are not your own?"

Violation of God's Rule for Mankind is called SIN. SIN Contaminate our Bodies just as Human Excrement contaminates a vessel for eating.

2. All Human Beings are Sinners by Nature!
In other words like a drug addict must have cravings for drugs so all human beings have cravings for Sin.
Just as a Piglet inherits non chalance attitude to filth from its parents, as humans we have inherited the nature to sin from Adam.

We were Born SELFISH at birth and this. Is the ROOT cause of ALL Sin.

It is this the REASON why you don't have to specially COACH any baby how to LIE or STEAL or FORNICATE. It comes naturally to us while DOING Gods will is extremely difficult for us.

Rom 3:23:
"for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

We cannot by any means share eternally with God his Paradise

3. Sin MUST be PUNISHED
Every Sinner is called Wicked in the Bible

Prov 11:21:
"Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered."

Isa 1:28:
"And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed."

Rev 20:15:
"And whoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

4. The Magnitude of SIN is INFINITELY Large
The WEIGHT of Sin is INFINITELY LARGE:
1. Meaning that there is NOTHING like Small Sin or Big Sin. Sin is SIN.
2. The Judgement of SIN is INFINITELY LARGE. This is why the Judgement of Hell is eternal
3. The COST of Atonement for Sin is INFINITELY LARGE and the Sinner must thus be Punished!

5. The Punishment of Sin is INFINITELY Large
Because the weight of sin is INFINITELY Large, there is NOTHING we can do as humans to right the error of Sin Against God. What is done is done and it cannot be undone.

ONLY God has the Power to take our contaminated LIFE and wash it by HIMSELF with His OWN Detergent and Bleach and to His OWN Satisfaction
This requirement is fulfilled in the blood of Jesus.

Heb 9:22:
"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission (forgiveness of sin)."

Finally, Jesus said:
John 3:36:
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

John 6:40:
"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life : and I will raise him up at the last day."

Questions:
1. Do you have ANY Questions for TenQ?
2. Do you have any correction of the Islamic stand of sin or explanations regarding it?
3. Do you think it is possible to UNDO a sin after it had been committed and How?

I invite you to the Messiah: He's the INFINITE cost of payment for the judgment against your Sin.

His Gift of Freedom is yours through FAITH in God's SOLUTION and turning around to live your Life to Honour Him

This above is what is called:
Accepting Jesus as Saviour AND
Accepting Jesus as Lord

Cc:
All my Friends on Nairaland:

LegalWolf Vanessa7 AntiChristian Empiree, Rash4ductluv, BabaHeekmat, Haekymbahd, motayoayinde, drlateef, Thatfairguy1, MrCodeSolo , Hisbah21, thatsleepboy1 , Lordmoh , OBALOLA55, x123xlolls , Lukuluku69 , mhmsadyq, Ibsaq , Herkeym001 , Sulasa07 , hakeemhakeem , abduljabbar4 ,olaalekan ,Friend22 , uthlaw , Exc2000 , AbuTwins ,Akhirastriver ,Akinbahm , Sino , KayB , youngdroly , jaggabban , ukeleh , Realismailakabir , Bami8064 Greatgr , Gaskiyamagana Compton11 , Alfarouq , MrCodeSolo Satmaniac saintHot, drlateef, Donkmore
Akinbahm , IMEI , FATHAT , talk2hb1 , iamrealdeji , Encyclopedia1 , Raheeqilmaktoom , Bintdawood , Flanker , Raheeqilmaktoom , rolams , honesttalk21

Please stop tagging me

I'm not a jobless arguer
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by xproducer: 4:14pm On May 14, 2023
[quote author=TenQ post=123014728]Both Islam and Christianity agree about the definition of SIN:
Sin can generally be defined as a VIOLATION of God's instructions or command.

Other than this, there is a wide gap between the understanding of the GRAVITY of SIN by Christians and Muslims.

Islam:
A. Muslims usually see SIN as TRIVIAL such that it takes NOTHING from God to OVERLOOK the Sin of a Person.
B. For Muslims, there SIN is in graduations. There are small Sins and Big Sins of which the biggest is Shirk (associating partners with Allah)

Christians:
A. For the Christians, SIN is the most Grevious Offence a Human being can commit AND thus a Sinner CANNOT escape PUNISHMENT.
B. There is NO Big Sin or Small Sin before God as ALL Sin have an INFINITE consequence.

FOR COMPARISON PURPOSE:
In other words (for the Muslim Readers), the Christians are saying that SIN is the VIOLATION of the Kunfayakun (Power of Command or Decree: BE!) of God!
In other words, the Power of the Kunfayakun of God FAILS anytime Sin is Committed by a Person.

1. Sin is a CONTAMINANT
I will have to explain the Concept of SIN in Christianity as it is completely different from the Concept of SIN in Islam. Sin is not just what we have done that is not right but a CONTAMINANT!

The Bible describes our Bodies as Houses or Containers (Cup, Plate etc) for the Spirit of God.

1Cor 6:19:
"Or have ye not known that your body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have from God, and ye are not your own?"

Violation of God's Rule for Mankind is called SIN. SIN Contaminate our Bodies just as Human Excrement contaminates a vessel for eating.

2. All Human Beings are Sinners by Nature!
In other words like a drug addict must have cravings for drugs so all human beings have cravings for Sin.
Just as a Piglet inherits non chalance attitude to filth from its parents, as humans we have inherited the nature to sin from Adam.

We were Born SELFISH at birth and this. Is the ROOT cause of ALL Sin.

It is this the REASON why you don't have to specially COACH any baby how to LIE or STEAL or FORNICATE. It comes naturally to us while DOING Gods will is extremely difficult for us.

Rom 3:23:
"for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

We cannot by any means share eternally with God his Paradise

3. Sin MUST be PUNISHED
Every Sinner is called Wicked in the Bible

Prov 11:21:
"Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered."

Isa 1:28:
"And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed."

Rev 20:15:
"And whoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

4. The Magnitude of SIN is INFINITELY Large
The WEIGHT of Sin is INFINITELY LARGE:
1. Meaning that there is NOTHING like Small Sin or Big Sin. Sin is SIN.
2. The Judgement of SIN is INFINITELY LARGE. This is why the Judgement of Hell is eternal
3. The COST of Atonement for Sin is INFINITELY LARGE and the Sinner must thus be Punished!

5. The Punishment of Sin is INFINITELY Large
Because the weight of sin is INFINITELY Large, there is NOTHING we can do as humans to right the error of Sin Against God. What is done is done and it cannot be undone.

ONLY God has the Power to take our contaminated LIFE and wash it by HIMSELF with His OWN Detergent and Bleach and to His OWN Satisfaction
This requirement is fulfilled in the blood of Jesus.

Heb 9:22:
"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission (forgiveness of sin)."

Finally, Jesus said:
John 3:36:
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

John 6:40:
"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life : and I will raise him up at the last day."

Questions:
1. Do you have ANY Questions for TenQ?
2. Do you have any correction of the Islamic stand of sin or explanations regarding it?
3. Do you think it is possible to UNDO a sin after it had been committed and How?

I invite you to the Messiah: He's the INFINITE cost of payment for the judgment against your Sin.

His Gift of Freedom is yours through FAITH in God's SOLUTION and turning around to live your Life to Honour Him

This above is what is called:
Accepting Jesus as Saviour AND
Accepting Jesus as Lord

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Indeed!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by drlateef: 4:56pm On May 14, 2023
IMEI:

Please stop tagging me

I'm not a jobless arguer

Exactly!!!! He is not even going to accept superior arguments. I see many of them as hopeless cases. No need wasting any time with them. If they find salvation before death, all well and good. If not, that’s their loss. I won’t be affected in any way. Every soul will bear the burden of their faith or faithlessness.

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 5:33pm On May 14, 2023
[quote author=xproducer post=123132236][/quote]
Let's continue to pray for these Muslims: people swindled by 419's sometimes live in total delusion in believing their wicked Deceivers!

Just as people had chosen Barabbas the robber over Jesus the Righteous One, many are holding on to Mohammed the swindler instead of the Messiah
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by SIRTee15: 5:52pm On May 14, 2023
drlateef:

Exactly!!!! He is not even going to accept superior arguments. I see many of them as hopeless cases. No need wasting any time with them. If they find salvation before death, all well and good. If not, that’s their loss. I won’t be affected in any way. Every soul will bear the burden of their faith or faithlessness.

Muslims are funny....
They will be the first shouting people should apply objective reasoning and logic to religion. Bragging if such is done, Islam will triumph.
Now we doing that on this thread....as they see Islam is faltering, Muslims quickly duck to the subjective argument of Qur'an is right because it said so.
Anyway, your prophet already gave a rational answer to his goofs and error. So your manipulative answer is no longer necessary.
But your prophet's answer raise a bigger problem. If his erroneous comments are not from Allah, how did they enter the Qur'an which is suppose to be 100% accurate.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 7:39am On May 15, 2023
drlateef:

I think it is you who has to accept superior argument.

Is the Taraib one of the L1-L5 bones?

Your whole argument had been based on that sir!
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by drlateef: 10:41am On May 15, 2023
TenQ:

Go and learn arabic and medicine together. Then come back to discuss. Other than that, i am talking to a deaf person because you cannot understand.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by TenQ: 10:57am On May 15, 2023
drlateef:

Go and learn arabic and medicine together. Then come back to discuss. Other than that, i am talking to a deaf person because you cannot understand.
Why is it difficult to respond to this simple question: the Arabic dictionary may be of help to you:

Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by drlateef: 10:59am On May 15, 2023
TenQ:

Why is it difficult to respond to this simple question: the Arabic dictionary may be of help to you:

You are confused and ignorant at same time. I never told you that, so you are confused and you don’t know what tarai’b means. Go and learn arabic.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by SIRTee15: 11:40am On May 15, 2023
TenQ:

I just don't understand this Muslims.
I'm yet to see any superior argument he brought forward.
He could neither defend the L1 nor notochord theory he's been postulating.
The funny thing is that Muhammad he's trying to defend here gave a honest answer when he was caught lying. He quickly said he doesn't know much about general knowledge and they shouldn't hold his word against him when it comes to worldly affairs like science.

Which means if it had been discovered during Muhammad's time that the semen is actually from the testes and not the backbone, he will admit he was saying nonsense and admonish his followers to ignore his lies.

Also, if it was revealed during his time the damage and evil of child marriage, Muhammed wil admit it was wrong for him to have married Aisha, and will warn his companions to leave girl child alone and not be consumed with greed.

But now we have drlateef and co trying to be more Muslim than Muhammed. They think they know more than Muhammed who created the religion.

Really I just pity them because they are forever stuck with the Qur'an, they are practically slave to that book. They must defend all the nonsense in it even if it only makes Islam and Muhammed a subject of mockery.
Re: The Concept Of SIN: Islam Versus Christianity by drlateef: 11:46am On May 15, 2023
SIRTee15:

I just don't understand this Muslims.
I'm yet to see any superior argument he brought forward.
He could neither defend the L1 nor notochord theory he's been postulating.
The funny thing is that Muhammad he's trying to defend here gave a honest answer when he was caught lying. He quickly said he doesn't know much about general knowledge and they shouldn't hold his word against him when it comes to worldly affairs like science.

Which means if it had been discovered during Muhammad's time that the semen is actually from the testes and not the backbone, he will admit he was saying nonsense and admonish his followers to ignore his lies.

Also, if it was revealed during his time the damage and evil of child marriage, Muhammed wil admit it was wrong for him to have married Aisha, and will warn his companions to leave girl child alone and not be consumed with greed.

But now we have drlateef and co trying to be more Muslim than Muhammed. They think they know more than Muhammed who created the religion.

Really I just pity them because they are forever stuck with the Qur'an, they are practically slave to that book. They must defend all the nonsense in it even if it only makes Islam and Muhammed a subject of mockery.

All i need you to do is to go and bring a young brilliant doctor who knows embryology very well. Ask them to make sense of all my statements. He will help you. Also get an arabic speaker to explain the broad meaning of tara’ib. That’s how you can help yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? / Meet Man Who’s ‘been To Heaven 4x’: Met Jesus, Moses, Abel, Draws Map [photos] / Santa Vs. God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.