Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,207 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:49 AM

Cry For Help By A Widow - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cry For Help By A Widow (567 Views)

Bowen University 2015/2016 Admission List Out Call 07069278742 For Help / I Am Widow,please Someone Help Me Buy My Land. / Cry For Help By A Widow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cry For Help By A Widow by Cmarketer(m): 9:33pm On Sep 25, 2011
Some body help. My client (a female) has a three bedroom bungalow at Kubwa; rented out by her late husband, as far back 2002. The bungalow was rented by a lawyer who stopped paying his rent, after the expiration of his one year contract in 2003. The tenant took the late husband to court the next year 2003, and the poor man later passed away in 2006.

This man's widow took the two boys left behind by her husband to the barrister's house, so as to settle the matter outside the court. But the lawyer refused, using all types of legal technicalities to delay the case and buy time. Judgement was eventually passed on 24th January 2011. The judgement indicates that the lawyer should settle the outstanding rent and probably pack out. The lawyer put up a stay of execution (immediately he received this judgement) on the ground that he is going to appeal court, to appeal against the judgement. The stay was granted to the Lawyer after 6 months of of another legal battle.

The point raised by this lawyer was that his late landlord was not supposed to build a house in Kubwa as a civil servant. But the fact is that rent has been paid from 2003 till date. And this is the only property left for this poor widow to take care of the children. The widow was asked to go to the BAR association chairman by sympathetic legal people handling this case. She went to the Abuja NBA chairman, to no avail. She has as well tried other means of arbitration, and they all yielded no fruit.

Can someone help out here?
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by gabbytabby: 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2011
Every week in the early hours of the morning she should place a calabash with palm oil in from of the house and wait and see what happens, lol

(1) (Reply)

4 Bd/rm Flat At Iyana Ilogbo Title Survey And Receipt= 2.8m Asking / 2 & 3 Bedroom Flats @ Lekki Phase 1 / Property Needed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.