Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,059 members, 7,835,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Cry For Help By A Widow - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cry For Help By A Widow (972 Views)

Bowen University 2015/2016 Admission List Out Call 07069278742 For Help / I Am Widow,please Someone Help Me Buy My Land. / Cry For Help By A Widow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cry For Help By A Widow by Cmarketer(m): 9:34pm On Sep 25, 2011
Some body help. My client (a female) has a three bedroom bungalow at Kubwa; rented out by her late husband, as far back 2002. The bungalow was rented by a lawyer who stopped paying his rent, after the expiration of his one year contract in 2003. The tenant took the late husband to court the next year 2003, and the poor man later passed away in 2006.

This man's widow took the two boys left behind by her husband to the barrister's house, so as to settle the matter outside the court. But the lawyer refused, using all types of legal technicalities to delay the case and buy time. Judgement was eventually passed on 24th January 2011. The judgement indicates that the lawyer should settle the outstanding rent and probably pack out. The lawyer put up a stay of execution (immediately he received this judgement) on the ground that he is going to appeal court, to appeal against the judgement. The stay was granted to the Lawyer after 6 months of of another legal battle.

The point raised by this lawyer was that his late landlord was not supposed to build a house in Kubwa as a civil servant. But the fact is that rent has been paid from 2003 till date. And this is the only property left for this poor widow to take care of the children. The widow was asked to go to the BAR association chairman by sympathetic legal people handling this case. She went to the Abuja NBA chairman, to no avail. She has as well tried other means of arbitration, and they all yielded no fruit.

Can someone help out here?
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by manmustwac(m): 11:32pm On Sep 25, 2011
Moved to property smiley
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2011
Then the lawyer is praying for instant death. He will get soon.
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by josite: 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2011
do u have the widow's lawyer gsm and d lawyer/tenant.i will speak to both of them and if your widow client story is true,im confident d matter will be resolved.
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2011
josite:

do u have the widow's lawyer gsm and d lawyer/tenant.i will speak to both of them and if your widow client story is true,im confident d matter will be resolved.jus post the gsm number here.

Actually,I think its better when he/she PMs the number to you rather than give it in the public glare. Not everyone likes posting their tel.numbers in a public domain as this.
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by eniak: 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2011
Please, can u send the lady's number to me @ Akinkuotu@yahoo.com? I'm in a very good position to help. Thanks.
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by Cmarketer(m): 11:13pm On Sep 29, 2011
Thanks for all your comments. But the former NBA chairman in Abuja have tried to arbitrate in this matter (as the widow cried to him) but the tenant/lawyer in question did not show up. The widow is desperate for a solution in this case and she is willing to display her number, which is 08093684657
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by femiseun1: 10:41am On Sep 30, 2011
this is a very simple matter that does not require any legal nonsense, it will only cost u 1500 and transport money to sango ota or owode. I bet u he will move out in 7 days, he will even sell off his properties to help him move out on time. That is obtainable in traditional Afican court where a stubborn fowl usually end s in the pot of soup. grin grin grin grin grin grin. let me know if u are interested. it is called african quit notice, cos she is a widow , she can go and test it for free so that she will testify
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by Cmarketer(m): 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2011
I am not sure that my client will be able to do it in the African way. This is because she is practicing christian that may not go that length. But I will try to persuade her to do that.
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by Cmarketer(m): 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2011
I need to state that since 2003 till date, the occupant of the house has not paid a dime to widow. The lawyer/tenant has been living in this house freely since 2003.
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by femiseun1: 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2011
It is a matter of an eye for an eye, by the time they finish with him he will trek back to his village angry .
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by benimeogu(f): 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2011
T
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by johnie: 9:19am On Oct 01, 2011
I pity the poor woman and pray that God, the ultimate judge will hear her case and grant her victory very soon.

Can you believe that the tenant is bringing irrelevant legal technicalities to frustrate the case? And people say landlords should not resort to self help?

This case is a classic case of what some landlords go through in the hands of the tenants who are nothing but devourers.

All those who have been hailing the new tenancy law in Lagos should educate us on how that law would have come to the poor widow's rescue if this had happened in Lagos.
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by johnie: 9:35am On Oct 01, 2011
Moderator, please send this to the frontpage.

More people should be involved in "dealing" with this wicked tenant who is bringing the noble profession into disrepute.

He is abusing the priviledges of his calling!
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by Cmarketer(m): 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2011
It will be appreciated if this problem is handled by sympathetic Nigerians. Even the Chief Judge who is handling the case is tired and highly emotional on it. He was the one who advised the widow to go to bar association to report the lawyer/tenant. is sympathetic but could do nothing. This is because the lawyer/tenant used the legal technicality of been him been BIASED on him. And in order not to seem biased, the judge decided that the case should be moved away from his court.

The lawyer/tenant was doing all these to buy time.
Re: Cry For Help By A Widow by Cmarketer(m): 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2011
I purposely pasted this article for my client on this properties section. This is because I know that the 'learned colleagues' in the legal profession operates here. The assistance and the advise of these learned colleaques are most welcomed.

(1) (Reply)

Lands And Houses For Sale In Abuja / Maitama Lands 4 Sale,2100 And 2500sqm, Check Details,08051495537 / Plot Of Land @ Toyin Street Ikeja Lagos.SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.