Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo (52925 Views)

The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos / Flood Ravages Imo, Orsu Obodo, Oguta. 60 Homes Submerged (photos) / The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:51pm On May 11, 2023
kkins25:

weytin be this? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Instead of trying to embarrass me, go back and read. The link I posted was for the US Department of Labor, not the IRS. Two totally different entities. The IRS isn’t even pertinent to the discussion about the laws governing overtime pay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:55pm On May 11, 2023
kkins25:

weytin be this? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Shey na weblocation abi?

While trying to embarrass me, you’ve managed to embarrass yourself. YOU hit REPLY to a post about OT pay and the DOL. The IRS website is NOT where I directed you. THIS is what I posted and what you replied to. SEE your reply in the picture RIGHT BELOW the Department of Labor Link:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by kkins25(m): 2:57pm On May 11, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

While trying to embarrass me, you’ve managed to embarrass yourself. The IRS website is NOT where I directed you. THIS is what I posted and what you replied to. SEE your reply in the picture RIGHT BELOW the Department of Labor Link:
how are they earning $150 per hour for crying out loud?
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:03pm On May 11, 2023
kkins25:

how are they earning $150 per hour for crying out loud?

SHOW ME where I said anyone was making $150/hour.
Because YOU CAN’T.
You ghostwrote books on retirement yet don’t understand overtime pay, Labor, or even the Union that you claim you were researching this morning?
I don’t have time for people who purposely try to author confusion in an attempt to embarrass others or turn alternate thoughts into facts.
Our discourse here is finished, please do not tag or mention me further.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by sukkot: 3:05pm On May 11, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

While trying to embarrass me, you’ve managed to embarrass yourself. YOU hit REPLY to a post about OT pay and the DOL. The IRS website is NOT where I directed you. THIS is what I posted and what you replied to. SEE your reply in the picture RIGHT BELOW the Department of Labor Link:
1st generation can you explain to us how someone earning half a million dollars per year only gets to pay 12 percent tax

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by sonnie10: 5:56pm On May 11, 2023
sukkot:
1st generation can you explain to us how someone earning half a million dollars per year only gets to pay 12 percent tax
If a couple earns $500k yearly, they could pay that low in taxes .
Here is a simple illustration that are all tax exempts
Assuming they both earn $250k
They can each contribute half to social security
So $250k would be left
On that $250k, they can contribute $50k each to 401k
So $150k is left
On that $150 they can contribute $7k each to medical expenses tax exempt
So $136k is left
On the $136k they can make charitable donations of $10k each
So $116k is left
On the $116k they can contribute $6k towards child care to get deductions
So $110k is left.

Therefore for taxable income of $110k and with 2-3 qualified dependent children, they might even get some money back during taxes.

Hope this helps to answer your question?
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by upsupa(m): 7:54pm On May 11, 2023
sonnie10:

If a couple earns $500k yearly, they could pay that low in taxes .
Here is a simple illustration that are all tax exempts
Assuming they both earn $250k
They can each contribute half to social security
So $250k would be left
On that $250k, they can contribute $50k each to 401k
So $150k is left
On that $150 they can contribute $7k each to medical expenses tax exempt
So $136k is left
On the $136k they can make charitable donations of $10k each
So $116k is left
On the $116k they can contribute $6k towards child care to get deductions
So $110k is left.

Therefore for taxable income of $110k and with 2-3 qualified dependent children, they might even get some money back during taxes.

Hope this helps to answer your question?

You cannot contribute $250K towards social security.

You can earn 500K as a couple and only pay 12% depends on your circumstances and deductions and your tax accountant and how you earn the money

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by sonnie10: 8:01pm On May 11, 2023
upsupa:

You cannot contribute $250K towards social security.

You can earn 500K as a couple and only pay 12% depends on your circumstances and deductions and your tax accountant and how you earn the money
Ok, thanks. I didn’t know that. It looks like max for SS is 9k. But you can contribute 100% of your income towards 401k.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by FIZZBEE: 10:14pm On May 11, 2023
Jungpablo:
Those of you abroad should stop discouraging people here with japa plans. You live in a sane environment where you get value for what you’re paying for yet you’re complaining. Just dey play
Na so dem dey do, their matter just be like person wey dey heaven, complaining of heat to person wey dey hell 😂😂😂..

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by alien1: 8:27pm On May 12, 2023
abbey621:

Yea what happens when the tenants stop paying, you now have to foot the mortgage bills because the economy crashed, people are no longer renting at prices that makes sense. Oh then life throws in a wrench and you lost your job, now you have mortgages way above your income, you start borrowing from credit card, you can't pay back, your score drops, you go bankrupt, the houses are repossessed and you are back to penury. Femi Aguda will not tell his clients the downside/dangers of this method grin grin grin
System is engineered to keep you grinding.. lots of people past the retirement age still work to keep up with property tax payment et al as social security payment isn't enough

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by alien1: 8:30pm On May 12, 2023
sonnie10:

The other day, a lady came to work with a Bentley, I couldn’t help but had to ask, who owns the car?
Someone said it’s her sons. That he owns a collision body shop ( the one we call panel beater).
Bro leave, levels dey this country .
Body shops takes in lots of money

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by Hamachi(f): 12:47pm On May 19, 2023
wink
dukeaugustus:
it was a long article but very interesting and informative. Thank you for sharing
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by emmybobo1: 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
kkins25:

Ghana here, some of the road side vendors pay taxex.. The government in naija are just lazy.
Is like you haven't owned a business in Nigeria. The level of extortion business people suffer is out of this world

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by emmybobo1: 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
kkins25:

$825/50hours = $16. Kindly explain how they are making $100 per hour.. Your math is not mathing at all at all.
Are you a daft or what. The 100$ is apart. You referenced an instance he's making
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by kkins25(m): 12:09am On Jun 07, 2023
emmybobo1:

Is like you haven't owned a business in Nigeria. The level of extortion business people suffer is out of this world
The eoman with a small kiosk by the road side is also extorted?
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by kkins25(m): 12:11am On Jun 07, 2023
emmybobo1:

Are you a daft or what. The 100$ is apart. You referenced an instance he's making
instance of what?
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by lastkingsman: 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
Abi1985:
If you want Japa, please Japa. I am not saying you shouldn't japa.

They can tax so much - eh you want to cry
And sleep. Your own money goes to tax and more tax.

You are not really the owner of your property because of tax. Property tax is something else.

Child support payment na another thing on its own- if you like woman, please be careful not to have many baby mama e get why.

Nigerians back home cannot understand until they come here and experience themselves.

I remember when my cousin was warning me about the Uk. I thought he was talking nonsense until I came and experienced reality. Experience is the best teacher
If you are doing well in Naija, please stay and visit. If you are struggling, then please Japa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help!!! My Brother Is Missing / Boat Carrying 200 Passengers Break Into 2 In River Niger, Many Feared Dead / The 100+ Most Beautiful And Breathtaking Places In The World (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.