Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,074 members, 7,811,012 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos (4584 Views)

Operation Amotekun Is Sign That Southwest Have Lost Faith In Nigeria, Says Sule / 2023 Southwest Have A Good Chance To Retain Power. / Is Femi Adesina The Only World Class Technocrat The Southwest Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by mokwechineme: 12:37pm On May 09, 2023
I dont intend this to be an ethnic bashing but my intent is on the need to continually hold our political representatives accountable for their failings..
I ve been to all the state's in Nigeria as a former commercial driver. I ve been driving till last year when I decided to settle down on the business I now operate..

Of the six geopolitical regions, southwest remains the least developed outside Lagos and very few areas in Ogun. These few areas in Ogun are those bordered with Lagos or those areas Lagos has been for decades trying to annex. Outside these few areas and Abeokuta, Ogun remains very underdeveloped and look more like a farming area with very poor looking inhabitants especially the indigenes of those areas. Non indigenes appear much more prosperous. The Ogun state experience replicates experiences of the other south western states like Osun, Ondo, Ekiti and Oyo. An ancient area like Oyo is expected to be more developed, yet it still has some structures and monuments from 19th century even in the capital Ibadan. There are presence of rusted, Brown roofing sheets covering many residential buildings. Ekiti itself remains the least developed with many of the districts appearing like farm settlements.

I think south westerners have focused much more on Lagos to the detriment of the other south western states. It is high time these politicians that run these states are held accountable for their absolute failure in representation

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by socialmediaman: 12:43pm On May 09, 2023
Are you a current resident or born and raised in one of the states you mentioned? Or you're like a resident of Mississippi complaining about gun violence in New York?

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Ayodeoba: 12:45pm On May 09, 2023
Yes

1 Like

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by yemmight(m): 12:49pm On May 09, 2023
mokwechineme:
I dont intend this to be an ethnic bashing but my intent is on the need to continually hold our political representatives accountable for their failings..
I ve been to all the state's in Nigeria as a former commercial driver. I ve been driving till last year when I decided to settle down on the business I now operate..

Of the six geopolitical regions, southwest remains the least developed outside Lagos and very few areas in Ogun. These few areas in Ogun are those bordered with Lagos or those areas Lagos has been for decades trying to annex. Outside these few areas and Abeokuta, Ogun remains very underdeveloped and look more like a farming area with very poor looking inhabitants especially the indigenes of those areas. Non indigenes appear much more prosperous. The Ogun state experience replicates experiences of the other south western states like Osun, Ondo, Ekiti and Oyo. An ancient area like Oyo is expected to be more developed, yet it still has some structures and monuments from 19th century even in the capital Ibadan. There are presence of rusted, Brown roofing sheets covering many residential buildings. Ekiti itself remains the least developed with many of the districts appearing like farm settlements.

I think south westerners have focused much more on Lagos to the detriment of the other south western states. It is high time these politicians that run these states are held accountable for their absolute failure in representation

Weting dey South-East?

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Nice2023(m): 12:51pm On May 09, 2023
Until some of them who have refused to understand this,travels and see that u are saying the truth.

Aside trying to say the truth,a visit would convince u guys that south west is highly over rated.

I don't mean to disparage them but the fact remains that,iGR is not being put to work in the entire south west states. One man or collective criminals are pocketing it for their own good while the poor cheer them up.

I don't want to call names,if u visit a state in the south south or south east,u will most likely agree with me on the above subject matter.

The people should start calling on their leaders and stop praising them and allowing agbero to decide their destiny over the enlightened ones.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Sltp: 12:54pm On May 09, 2023
You're right. I've been to a lot of SW cities and I can say you're spot on. I'm from the SS and I've also been to several SE cities. If you're coming from Lagos or Abuja, you notice some level of progress once you enter Delta

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by lexylaw40: 12:55pm On May 09, 2023
ibadan is more developed than the whole south east combined.

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Nice2023(m): 12:58pm On May 09, 2023
lexylaw40:

Is like u once visited the east or south south in the 50,'s?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by onukwube1: 12:59pm On May 09, 2023
lexylaw40:

Stop hiding in your room and be typing 2pac. Travel and be liberated from ignorance

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Obinwenite(m): 1:10pm On May 09, 2023
lexylaw40:

Una just dey una house dey talk. I have never seen any developed villages in whole Nigeria like Anambra villages.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Kenneth4u205(m): 1:19pm On May 09, 2023
I did my youth service in ekiti and ondo state. The state capitals are very developed . But all I see once I move out of the state capitals are mud house's. I didn't know that mud house's still exist untill I travelled to south west.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by mokwechineme: 1:19pm On May 09, 2023
yemmight:

Weting dey South-East?
Well some southeast states in the last 20yrs have picked up in terms of development. A state like Anambra 20yrs back and beyond was really in a sorry state. Everywhere then looked terrible. No roads, no electricity, no good health centres, until Ngige came on-board. Ngige then in the 3yrs he was in charge, constructed some major link roads but not enough to change the outlook of Anambra. It was in 2006/2007 that Anambra started wearing a good new look and these good look were replicated, even in the remote areas of the state.
Then a state like Enugu continually has a very beautiful capital city (042) but the remote areas were largely neglected until 2015/2016 when Ugwuanyi came on-board. Though Chimaraoke did a good job in his local government Nkanu West but Ugwuanyi took the real development we are seeing today to Nsukka and some other areas.
Ebony under Umahi has been witnessing massive development in Abakaliki and surrounding areas.
Imo has been doing well all round more than 20yrs back and Abia hasn't be doing so good like the other south eastern states

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Odin13: 1:22pm On May 09, 2023
Yoruba land is the most backwards region in Nigeria.. next to northwest..

Is a painful truth that they always use NBS statistics to cover.. forget the villages.. start from the capitals.

However.. honestly no one cares.. even the average Yoruba man cares less..

So why worry?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by lexylaw40: 1:23pm On May 09, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
I did my youth service in ekiti and ondo state. The state capitals are very developed . But all I see once I move out of the state capitals are mud house's. I didn't know that mud house's still exist untill I travelled to south west.
and you should have noticed how big Ondo state is.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Odin13: 1:24pm On May 09, 2023
lexylaw40:

This is the kind of statements that spur their youths … and 90% of them believe.

Life can never be balanced

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by lexylaw40: 1:25pm On May 09, 2023
Ondo and Ekiti state are both "PDP STATES"
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Odin13: 1:26pm On May 09, 2023
Kenneth4u205:

Yoruba people will soon be on your mention to abuse and curse..

This kind of truth .. is forbidden.. take note.

14 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by WorldRichest: 1:27pm On May 09, 2023
Yet your people are in the most interior Yoruba villages selling expired drug and operating baby factories. How many Yorubas have you seen in your cursed villages?

I think you need psychiatric evaluation

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by WorldRichest: 1:28pm On May 09, 2023
Kenneth4u205:

Okay nah.

I am sure you meet Yorubas living in Yoruba villages.

I did Youth Service in Oba, in Imuoji in Idemilimi South Local Government of Anambra State. It is between Onitsha and Owerri. Even the indigenous people of the community are not living there. They are all in Lagos holdups selling Gala and La Casera because their home town is not livable. Even your dumb Presidential candidate ran away from the state he governed and looted for 8 years to come and hide in Lagos so that Unknown Gun Men will not kill him like ordinary Christmas chickens.

45 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by mokwechineme: 1:30pm On May 09, 2023
WorldRichest:
Yet your people are in the most interior Yoruba villages selling expired drug and operating baby factories. How many Yorubas have you seen in your cursed villages?

I think you need psychiatric evaluation
please mind ur write-up.This is not an ethnic bashing rivalry. This is about our leaders who have continued to fail. We need people to know the true state of things for future decisions and engagements

14 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Godwin4444: 1:32pm On May 09, 2023
Nice2023:

Is like u once visited the east or south south in the 50,'s?
your south east is thrash

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:32pm On May 09, 2023
lexylaw40:
Ibadan is mega slum city

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by BigBlackPreek(m): 1:33pm On May 09, 2023
Nigeria as a whole is still developing

5 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by WorldRichest: 1:33pm On May 09, 2023
mokwechineme:
please mind ur write-up.This is not an ethnic bashing rivalry. This is about our leaders who have continued to fail. We need people to know the true state of things for future decisions and engagements

Your head no correct. You should be concerned about your cursed villages

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by BabanawanGod: 1:34pm On May 09, 2023
I haven't been traveling
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by WorldRichest: 1:34pm On May 09, 2023
post=123027606
:

Ibadan is mega slum city

Yet your people are slaving there

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by mokwechineme: 1:36pm On May 09, 2023
WorldRichest:

Your head no correct. You should be concerned about your cursed villages
I think u re breaking the rules of decent engagement here.

4 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:38pm On May 09, 2023
WorldRichest:

Same way your tribe are slaving in the east

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP53_mj2FgA

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by mokwechineme: 1:43pm On May 09, 2023
WorldRichest:

believe u me, even if southeast develops like London, southeasterners especially Anambra people will still be pursuing money even in the the remotest area of Nigeria

22 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by tommy589(m): 1:46pm On May 09, 2023
post=123027718:

Same way your tribe are slaving in the east

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP53_mj2FgA

Enjoying Amala grin

These few celebrating is too small for a place as big as Nnewi. But where I find my gold is my land

8 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by GeneralPula: 1:48pm On May 09, 2023
Mtchew..
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by WorldRichest: 1:49pm On May 09, 2023
mokwechineme:
I think u re breaking the rules of decent engagement here.

It’s going to be very hot in here. When you start a thread like this, then expect anything. When you leave your cursed region to come and slave in Yoruba land, you are not in a position to malign the land that is giving you good to eat

26 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption / Dilapidated Alaba Int'l Market Road Ojo Lagos [PHOTOS] / Opinion:Chatham House Has Insulted The CONSCIENCE And INTEGRITY Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.