Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,865 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos (4662 Views)

Operation Amotekun Is Sign That Southwest Have Lost Faith In Nigeria, Says Sule / 2023 Southwest Have A Good Chance To Retain Power. / Is Femi Adesina The Only World Class Technocrat The Southwest Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by totit: 3:25pm On May 09, 2023
spagettiluv:
the best city in igbo land is onitsha
This onitsha brownroof slum

Spits

Look at the whole almighty Alambra like a war-torn area. I don't understand how somebody will sit somewhere in a corner with his Aba-made boxer dishing developmental stats without understanding the basis of development. Brown roof this, brow roof that as if such can only be found in SW, and as if the money used to buy land and erect a building is not enough to be called the landlord.

Even, the modern buildings in SE are highly concentrated because of their little landmass whereas in SW we could have a more modern building with more spread due to our large size.

The image below looks disgusting undecided undecided

Is this 2023 of SE IMO!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by totit: 3:28pm On May 09, 2023
spagettiluv:
the best city in igbo land is onitsha
This onitsha brownroof slum

I need the source to this images please.
grin grin grin grin grin

What's the source abeg?

Ewwwww. cool

By the way, below is IMO state in 2023

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by mokwechineme: 3:30pm On May 09, 2023
sreamsense:
What is your yardstick of measurement? Are you just comparing one entire state in south east that is not up to two local governments in South west? Because south east is too small in land mass, it is fast easy to see fine buildings concentrated in one area unlike south west where fine fine buildings scatter along bigger land mass even though they are more in numbers than that of south east, you will have to work some distances apart before you can take note.

Also note that south east get highest number of fine-fine buildings that are not being inhabited especially in the village either because the owner is serving jail terms overseas for drug offences or Ipob/esn are using them to hold hideout meetings. It is difficult before you can rate that as development; if it were real development,; south east should be hosting highest number of manufacturing company more than Ogun state and Lagos State. However, it is the opposite
which State are u from?
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by mokwechineme: 3:34pm On May 09, 2023
raskymonojendor:

It's just the Ibo way of thinking. One Ibo boy was busted on twitter yesterday. He was passing off houses in an estate in Ogun State as somewhere in Enugu.

The Inferiority complex, insecurity, and low self esteem they have is very strong.
i won't be surprised every single house in that 'magacity is owned by ibos

3 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by chidiokay: 3:35pm On May 09, 2023
mokwechineme:
there u go again promoting Lagos while leaving out other states in yoruba land. South easterners post pictures of Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi but when u guys post, u only post pictures of Lagos. I think that is so wrong because u re doing a serious disservice to other states in southwest. Let the world see what's going on in other southwetern states for the needed actions. If the people need to vote all those politicians out let the people decide that.

If i say entire SW and you interprete that as lagos Bro i can't cure your blindness or make you see what your mind refuse to see,
When i talk of industries i had ogun state in mind
When i talked of 1st tv stations, 1st hospital, tallest buildings in west africa i had ibadan in mind,
When i talk of social amentities like electricity, no region in the East or SS can relegate Osun

Talk of foreign investors it is largely saturated in the west, ogun state alone as more foreign investors than any SE states.. i stand to be corrected with facts

IGR by zones in 2021 shows that the south-west zone recorded the highest revenue, totalling N972.6 billion.

Illiteracy is why someone will come online and cite residential houses as main guage of development. next time before you open a thread to diss SW, study the meaning of development for like a month so you don't disgrace yourselves

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by mokwechineme: 3:40pm On May 09, 2023
simple87:
Honestly speaking the OP na olodos like someone painted him. In london for example, you still see building of 1860s that are old looking and still habited by people, will you now say UK is not developed?

You need to read up so that you can understand the meaning of development. Southwest still remains the most developed of all the regions in Nigeria, judging by all indices for measuring development. Even the architectural structures you are referring to, south west still holds many beautiful edifices compare to what you have in south east. If the region is not developed why are you people trooping to south west?
u seem a very little boy who have never stepped out of ur birth place. If u grow up try a little travelling for exposure
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by SpaceTour: 3:41pm On May 09, 2023
Post pictures to buttress your point
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by chidiokay: 3:52pm On May 09, 2023
spagettiluv:
not only in Lagos traffic.
Ojoo and mokola roundabout has been invaded by our lousy neighbors dragging passerby

modified:two billionaires on akobo brigde,Ibadan,probably exercising under the sun to lose weight .

They just like looking for trouble where there is none, what is the purpose of these thread if not to ignite another tribal backlash ...Op meant well but decided to start with brown roof.

6 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by opamoses1: 3:54pm On May 09, 2023
mokwechineme:
i won't be surprised every single house in that 'magacity is owned by ibos
LMAO. Arepo is not a mega city let alone an estate in Arepo.

Read the comments by fellow south easterners under the post before the guy was busted. All boast and vain attitude. Was humility not imbibed in South easterner's when they were kids.

What is it with Igbos and being boastful. Is it like the water you drink in the south east or just your culture. It's this same behavior that leads to all sorts of crimes in a bid to get rich quick.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by tuzle(m): 3:56pm On May 09, 2023
Let me share my view, I have not gone to any south west state or states in the north. I have been to only edo in the southern part and I have been to most western state except Ondo. I schooled at abeokuta funaab precisely and I can say Lagos is far more developed than all other western states. Some parts of abeokuta are also developed and part like shagamu and ijebu. Ibadan is also okay but is supposed to be better than how it is now. Ekiti is one place that I think is lacking in development. Just some part of the capital

1 Like

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by chidiokay: 4:11pm On May 09, 2023
opamoses1:

LMAO. Arepo is not a mega city let alone an estate in arepo.

What is it with Igbos and being boastful. Is it like the water you drink in the south east or just your culture grin

As in i don't just get, SW is smelly SW is not developed, lagos these lagos that ... if land were detachable and moveable trust igbos will have use GIG logistics to move it over night 🤣

The SW they keep trashing, thousands of igbos are trooping in everyday congesting SW, so what exactly is the point.

I don't just know why they can't refrain from bragging and boasting all the time

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Beverlyjean(f): 4:19pm On May 09, 2023
lexylaw40:
ibadan is more developed than the whole south east combined.

Go to Enugu , Awka , owerri and u will shut up
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Beverlyjean(f): 4:23pm On May 09, 2023
WorldRichest:

Okay nah.

I am sure you meet Yorubas living in Yoruba villages.

I did Youth Service in Oba, in Imuoji in Idemilimi South Local Government of Anambra State. It is between Onitsha and Owerri. Even the indigenous people of the community are not living there. They are all in Lagos holdups selling Gala and La Casera because their home town is not livable. Even your dumb Presidential candidate ran away from the state he governed and looted for 8 years to come and hide in Lagos so that Unknown Gun Men will not kill him like ordinary Christmas chickens.

Oba and umuoji are very developed .... u just googled the names or u did ur youth service during the military regime
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Beverlyjean(f): 4:26pm On May 09, 2023
WorldRichest:

It’s going to be very hot in here. When you start a thread like this, then expect anything. When you leave your cursed region to come and slave in Yoruba land, you are not in a position to malign the land that is giving you good to eat

U are a fool...ur useless headless region...skull miners .... dirtiest region in Africa
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Broveens42(m): 4:33pm On May 09, 2023
totit:

I need the source to this images please.
grin grin grin grin grin

What's the source abeg?

Ewwwww. cool

By the way, below is IMO state in 2023

Lol all you can do is show few roof tops of new market, which looks more beautiful than your abeokuta..
The earlier you get out of that delusion, the better.

Owerri Market areas on the ground

#Owerri on the ground vs (bring any drone view of osun, ogun, ekititi, oyo)

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Broveens42(m): 4:45pm On May 09, 2023
totit:

Spits

Look at the whole almighty Alambra like a war-torn area. I don't understand how somebody will sit somewhere in a corner with his Aba-made boxer dishing developmental stats without understanding the basis of development. Brown roof this, brow roof that as if such can only be found in SW, and as if the money used to buy land and erect a building is not enough to be called the landlord.

Even, the modern buildings in SE are highly concentrated because of their little landmass whereas in SW we could have a more modern building with more spread due to our large size.

The image below looks disgusting undecided undecided

Is this 2023 of SE IMO!!!

Says someone that hasn't been to imo.
Owerri west alone will dwarf your major cities.
See places you need to visit and come out of your delusion:

Irete,orogwe, mgbirichi, umuagwo, Johnson seleaf, spillbat, egbeada, 7andhalf, amaigbo, nkwere, oguta, owaala, izombe, okigwe town, isinweke, obowo etc
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by totit: 4:46pm On May 09, 2023
Broveens42:

Lol all you can do is show few roof tops of new market, which looks more beautiful than your abeokuta..
The earlier you get out of that delusion, the better.

Owerri Market areas on the ground

#Owerri on the ground vs (bring any drone view of osun, ogun, ekititi, oyo)

Yeeboos and delusion. Which one is the market this time after exposing your war-torn region you called development to the world?

Continue with your cropping of little development areas and call it development, ok? You can describe yourselves among yourselves not those of us who know about your poverty-sticking region, ok?

Those these look like shops or something else to you? grin

6 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by totit: 4:48pm On May 09, 2023
Broveens42:

Says someone that hasn't been to imo.
Owerri west alone will dwarf your major cities.
See places you need to visit and come out of your delusion

Irete,orogwe, mgbirichi, umuagwo, Johnson seleaf, spillbat, egbeada, 7andhalf, amaigbo, nkwere, oguta, owaala, izombe, okigwe town, isinweke, obowo etc

Trash. grin
There is nothing in SE. stop deceiving yourself nobody falls for that lies anymore. Wake up from your slumber, ok? grin

5 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Broveens42(m): 4:50pm On May 09, 2023
totit:

Trash. grin
There is nothing in SE. stop deceiving yourself nobody falls for that lies anymore. Wake up from your slumber, ok? grin

Lol. Subtle way of agreeing with me; you've not been to imo state or any SE state.
You need to travel, jokes apart
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by coolitempa(f): 4:50pm On May 09, 2023
mokwechineme:
I dont intend this to be an ethnic bashing but my intent is on the need to continually hold our political representatives accountable for their failings..
I ve been to all the state's in Nigeria as a former commercial driver. I ve been driving till last year when I decided to settle down on the business I now operate..

Of the six geopolitical regions, southwest remains the least developed outside Lagos and very few areas in Ogun. These few areas in Ogun are those bordered with Lagos or those areas Lagos has been for decades trying to annex. Outside these few areas and Abeokuta, Ogun remains very underdeveloped and look more like a farming area with very poor looking inhabitants especially the indigenes of those areas. Non indigenes appear much more prosperous. The Ogun state experience replicates experiences of the other south western states like Osun, Ondo, Ekiti and Oyo. An ancient area like Oyo is expected to be more developed, yet it still has some structures and monuments from 19th century even in the capital Ibadan. There are presence of rusted, Brown roofing sheets covering many residential buildings. Ekiti itself remains the least developed with many of the districts appearing like farm settlements.

I think south westerners have focused much more on Lagos to the detriment of the other south western states. It is high time these politicians that run these states are held accountable for their absolute failure in representation

And why does that concern you so much? Peter Obi will still never be president.
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by totit: 4:54pm On May 09, 2023
Broveens42:

Lol. Subtle way of agreeing with me; you've not been to imo state or any SE state.
You need to travel, jokes apart

I have no been there yet along Aba express way your people sell bread filled with akpu inside, at a high price? Deny it makes thunder this liar there.

Any traveler can testify to this, how your boys sell bread filled with Apku along the road.

Why do you people sell fake things and be greedy for money tho? grin

4 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by arantess: 4:54pm On May 09, 2023
lexylaw40:
ibadan is more developed than the whole south east combined.
The brown roof city?

Haba mana
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Broveens42(m): 4:54pm On May 09, 2023
totit:

Trash. grin

#I rep Imo
#owerri grin

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by mokwechineme: 4:56pm On May 09, 2023
totit:

Trash. grin
u re always in this forum to drag Igbo vs Yoruba. May be u can start by stating ur home state and the village u re from and also pics of ur family compound in the village.
I dont think the real Lagos indigenes behave the way some of u guys behave
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by arantess: 4:57pm On May 09, 2023
totit:

Trash. grin
Leave ekiti state and travel
Comot from ya village and visit places so that bigotry will stop
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by totit: 4:57pm On May 09, 2023
Broveens42:

#I rep Imo
#owerri grin

You are irritating. No wonder every borehole is showcased among your people. What's special about this now that can't be found anywhere in Nigeria or even better?

You have even celebrated building as development? As we speak, the fastest development state right now is Ibadan.

6 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by totit: 4:58pm On May 09, 2023
mokwechineme:
u re always in this forum to drag Igbo vs Yoruba. May be u can start by stating ur home state and the village u re from and also pics of ur family compound in the village.
I don't think the real Lagos indigenes behave the way some of u guys behave

To drag? Why do you Okoros always play victims? Of course, I am the OP, isn't it? angry

4 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Broveens42(m): 5:02pm On May 09, 2023
totit:

You are irritating. No wonder every borehole is showcased among your people. What's special about this now that can't be found anywhere in Nigeria or even better?

You have even celebrated building as development? As we speak, the fastest development state right now is Ibadan.

That's where I Wana fix you; a place of shock, mixed with disbelief. I'm giving you a ground view you can never dream of showing me from osun state
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by totit: 5:03pm On May 09, 2023
Broveens42:

That's where I Wana fix you; a place of shock, mixed with disbelieve. I'm giving you a ground view you can never dream of showing me from osun state

Okoro get out, you have nothing to prove. cool

3 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by GeneralPula: 5:03pm On May 09, 2023
spagettiluv:
Ib city
Unnecessary bro..

It’s those brown roof that we should be posting. They’re blessings bro! Some of those buildings have been existing more than 12/13th century - when Igbos are still yet to be wearing cloths..

The brown roofs were still justification that Oyo was never defeated despite how much of war they fought!

I’ll write on this later on a saner thread..

5 Likes

Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by Broveens42(m): 5:03pm On May 09, 2023
totit:

Okoro get out, you have nothing to prove. cool

Lol.. let it sink, we've gone past drone views in the east
Re: Sincerely, Southwest Have Largely Remained Underdeveloped Outside Lagos by totit: 5:05pm On May 09, 2023
Broveens42:

Lol.. let it sink, we've gone past drone views in the east

Yeah right grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9sOLwy61AQ

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anti-Party Allegations: Plateau South Women Dismisses Allegation Against Daduut / Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike / PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.