Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? (5342 Views)

ING Plot: Conclude Presidential Petitions Before May 29, Agbakoba Tells Tribunal / Bola Ahmed Tinubu: From Drug Lord To Presidential Candidate By David Hundeyin / Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by DMerciful(m): 7:24am On May 10, 2023
Like I said, Goliath will meet David at the tribunal
garfield1:

Tinubu buried obi up north
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by chidiokay: 7:26am On May 10, 2023
Penguin2:

How can you say Obi never extracted data directly from the BVAS?

What then did his lawyers go to do at INEC HQ when they went to inspect materials?

And hey, Obi’s case is just starting. You can’t claim to be privy to his lawyers’ evidences and materials. Wait until trials start.

And remember that Adeleke’s lawyer, Onyechi Ikpeazu, is also Obi’s lawyer. He’s definitely going to take lessons from this Osun case to the Presidential Petition Tribunal.

You people will alway behind cos of naiviety you will never understand how politics work

PDP won, did you see anyone going to curse or drag any judge, Buhari and Tinubu are 1st among the people to send congratulatory msg and support. Judiciary is good now, Pdp won it is Democracy

I expect by the time supreme court will uphold Tinubu victory, obedience and Pdp will show same level of sportmanship and maturity,
IF Tinubu did not buy Osun judiciary don't cumma tell us Tinubu as Bought Judiciary when things favour him. Enjoy the Euphoria now

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by fergie001: 7:35am On May 10, 2023
garfield1:

It is transferred to inec server not irev.the penalty is imprisonment not cancellations
Good... That's what I am saying with regards to the penalty to that PO.

Though if the petitioners can prove it happened in many PUs, it can lead to non-compliance however, how can that be proven PUs by PUs (to cover the lead)! Very herculean.

Again, it is transmitted to the IReV not Server.

Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by garfield1: 7:40am On May 10, 2023
fergie001:

Good... That's what I am saying with regards to the penalty to that PO.

Though if the petitioners can prove it happened in many PUs, it can lead to non-compliance however, how can that be proven PUs by PUs (to cover the lead)! Very herculean.

Again, it is transmitted to the IReV not Server.

Initially,it is transferred to a particular inec site(not csrvs) as in crs rerun.it seems they have changed to irev directly.but it seems inec was uploading those results from another of its server.

According to the inec guidelines,accreditation and results are transmitted directly yet agim said it is not so
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by fergie001: 7:46am On May 10, 2023
garfield1:

Initially,it is transferred to a particular inec site(not csrvs) as in crs rerun.it seems they have changed to irev directly.but it seems inec was uploading those results from another of its server.
INEC issued new set of guidelines prior to this election.

According to the inec guidelines,accreditation and results are transmitted directly yet agim said it is not so
We have not really seen his full judgement anyways. It will help if it's out!
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by garfield1: 7:49am On May 10, 2023
fergie001:

INEC issued new guidelines prior to this election.

We have not really seen his full judgement anyways. It will help if it's out!

It is what the electoral act says that concerns me not guidelines.
Hon ogah is supporting hon abass.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by Great0ne1: 7:49am On May 10, 2023
garfield1:

You didnt read it well.they were three different accreditation reports and none tallied with what inec declared.since apc could not prove sufficient overvoting,it failed.obi never extracted data directly from the bvas so he fails
No, inec flouted court orders, by denying obi and labour party access to bvas, before reconfiguration.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by fergie001: 7:51am On May 10, 2023
garfield1:

It is what the electoral act says that concerns me not guidelines.
Hon ogah is supporting hon abass.
Yes, I believe all Abia Reps will support Abbas because of Ben.

The Electoral Act upheld transmission directly but from the wordings of the EA, it seemed to add some bit of pre-eminence to Form EC8A.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by garfield1: 7:58am On May 10, 2023
fergie001:
Yes, I believe all Abia Reps will support Abbas because of Ben.

The Electoral Act upheld transmission directly but from the wordings of the EA, it seemed to add some bit of pre-eminence to Form EC8A.

Direct transmission could mean electronic or manual and it is not real time but just transmit .it seems irev is now the primary result along the physical sheet.
Seems ben kalu choice is to compensate ouk/abia axis if not Miriam onuoha could have gotten it

Its like hon erondu uchenna is the new ikuku
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by garfield1: 8:00am On May 10, 2023
Great0ne1:

No, inec flouted court orders, by denying obi and labour party access to bvas, before reconfiguration.

Not true.court later varied the orders and said once the data are transferred, obi and atiku should get the copies from server.the need to inspect bvas was no longer necessary
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by Opeyemic01: 8:19am On May 10, 2023
IBBG:
These guys just argue without sense. They forgot that a court ordered INEC to have the data stored up in a backend server before reconfiguring the bivas. That data is what the court will rely on

I just laugh at them saying BVAS has been reconfigured hence presidential election data has been wiped out, hence no evidence for Obi. They forgot that there is a court injunction mandating INEC to store the data to backend server before reconfiguration. As it stands INEC will shoot itself if it claims the data has been wiped off
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by plaindealer: 8:34am On May 10, 2023
DMerciful:
If you know how things are administered, then you should know that you dont change guidelines when in motion especially when there are many people involved.

You think INEC is like a market where things happens anyhow? This is my last response on this, you're trying to justify irregularities

By law, INEC determines when and how to conduct elections according to the electoral laws and guidelines, , but you are still arguing otherwise?

Are you a troll or you are just acting clueless for fun because this is simple, plain and easily digestible English?

your own opinion and made-up guidelines is pointless, useless, and utterly irrelevant.

Obi and his clueless LP party took INEC to court over the same nonsense and the court trashed their rubbish, INEC determines how they conduct elections and their collation methods, not you or obi.

You people are hard learners.

Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by fergie001: 8:36am On May 10, 2023
garfield1:
Direct transmission could mean electronic or manual and it is not real time but just transmit .it seems irev is now the primary result along the physical sheet.
Yes, dual mode but I think pre-eminence is with Form EC8A.

Seems ben kalu choice is to compensate ouk/abia axis if not Miriam onuoha could have gotten it.
Ben & OUK are not really political friends. Ben is more a Gbaja boy and they just want to give the SE something. Almost all APC EXCOs in SE had Uzodinma's imprimatur. Tinubu cannot give him everything, so he will hold back and watch.

Its like hon erondu uchenna is the new ikuku
Otti will use anybody to keep the Orjis quiet.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by DMerciful(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2023
You're insisting on ignorance! INEC can make their own guidelines but cannot change it when the election already commences. Any change in the rules will be for subsequent elections. How hard is this for you to comprehend?
plaindealer:

By law, INEC determines when and how to conduct elections according to the electoral laws and guidelines, , but you are still arguing otherwise?

Are you a troll or you are just acting clueless for fun because this is simple, plain and easily digestible English?

your own opinion and made-up guidelines is pointless, useless, and utterly irrelevant.

Obi and his clueless LP party took INEC to court over the same nonsense and the court trashed their rubbish, INEC determines how they conduct elections and their collation methods, not you or obi.

You people are hard learners.

Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by plaindealer: 8:49am On May 10, 2023
DMerciful:
You're insisting on ignorance! INEC can make their own guidelines but cannot change it when the election already commences. Any change in the rules will be for subsequent elections. How hard is this for you to comprehend?

...but when are you going to show us the part of the electoral act or the Nigerian constitution that INEC can not change anything?

The law says INEC can conduct elections according to INEC's rules, but you are still arguing that they can not do this and that or change this and that?

In fact, the court ruled already that INEC is free to do whatever INEC wants to conduct elections so why are you still acting dumb and clueless?

Feels like I'm going back and forth with a clueless and underdeveloped 2-year-old baby.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by DMerciful(m): 8:53am On May 10, 2023
I'm not arguing your point that INEC can make their own guidelines. They make for each election cycle. Once the guidelines are made and shared with political parties and the election commences, INEC cannot change the guidelines until that election cycle is complete.
Whatever learnings are gotten after their review is applied in the next election guidelines.

This is basic administration!
plaindealer:

...but when are you going to show us the part of the electoral act or the Nigerian constitution that INEC can not change anything?

The law says INEC can conduct elections according to INEC's rules, but you are still arguing that they can not do this and that or change this and that?

Feels like I'm going back and forth with a clueless and underdeveloped 2-year-old baby.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by garfield1: 9:12am On May 10, 2023
fergie001:

Yes, dual mode but I think pre-eminence is with Form EC8A.

Ben & OUK are not really political friends. Ben is more a Gbaja boy and they just want to give the SE something. Almost all APC EXCOs in SE had Uzodinma's imprimatur. Tinubu cannot give him everything, so he will hold back and watch.

Otti will use anybody to keep the Orjis quiet.

I think I know why.ec8a is the first or raw result just like bvas is the first machine used for accreditation.the apex court is looking based at which was used in the field or after.

If onyejeocha had won, it would have gone to her.ouk should get majority leader
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by plaindealer: 9:16am On May 10, 2023
DMerciful:
I'm not arguing your point that INEC can make their own guidelines. They make for each election cycle. Once the guidelines are made and shared with political parties and the election commences, INEC cannot change the guidelines until that election cycle is complete.
Whatever learnings are gotten after their review is applied in the next election guidelines.

This is basic administration!

Show us the part of the electoral act that says INEC is not allowed to make changes.

Do that or just keep quiet, I'm not interested in your fabricated opinion.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by Penguin2: 9:41am On May 10, 2023
GeneralPula:

You surprised me with this your comment..

Do you know what BVAS is? Do you know the meaning of extraction? How do you think it’s possible to extract from a soft ware? Don’t you know software is what’s inside BVAS? The online result on Inec portal, you think it’s BVAS transmitting them?

This is why the English is inspection. The only thing they inspected was BVAS color, plug, how they do turn on likely cuz that’s what you can inspect! All the physical parts! Abi, can you unscrew the machine?

Have you not heard of Certified True Copies of BVAS data issued to parties by INEC? Or you think that is useless?
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by Penguin2: 9:46am On May 10, 2023
lhordspy:

Lol. BVAS that were reconfigured after the presidential election?

The only thing left to harvest information from is the INEC server. Something which seems like a secondary source to INEC going by Adeleke's case. INEC wont entertain anything else except from BVAS itself.

Wawuu brother. Wawwu.

Lol! I’m going to pardon your poor knowledge of how digital gadgets work.

But lemme educate you a little…

You see that BVAS, if you like format it or flash it, there are experts who can still extract every information that has ever passed through it since the date it was activated. In this case we are even talking about mere reconfiguration. So you thought reconfiguration wiped out the data of the presidential election stored in the BVAS? Lol.

You need to get yourself educated on a whole lot of things sir.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by Penguin2: 9:50am On May 10, 2023
chidiokay:

You people will alway behind cos of naiviety you will never understand how politics work

PDP won, did you see anyone going to curse or drag any judge, Buhari and Tinubu are 1st among the people to send congratulatory msg and support. Judiciary is good now, Pdp won it is Democracy

I expect by the time supreme court will uphold Tinubu victory, obedience and Pdp will show same level of sportmanship and maturity,
IF Tinubu did not buy Osun judiciary don't cumma tell us Tinubu as Bought Judiciary when things favour him. Enjoy the Euphoria now

You must think Nigerians are buffoons.

Whatever game your masters and lords are getting at, we know it.

So, if you think allowing the will of the people of Osun to stand at the Supreme Court is watering ground for the Supreme Court to uphold the obvious robbery that INEC and APC perpetuated on 25th February then you are in for a shocker.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by PoliticalUpdate(m): 10:05am On May 10, 2023
garfield1:

Amazon has no business in the case.it is purely between inec,apc and lp.this is the sane mistake atiku made in 2019.by the way,amazon is even a foreign firm which even has user privacy.you can only prove yourself with what inec gives you.obi has failed,forget the case...
The perjury case is baseless

You think this statement holds water? Why won't they be involved when a subpoena had been served? This is a globally watched case, not a Nigerian affair. I trust Obidients they will make a mess of any fraud playing aloofness.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by PoliticalUpdate(m): 10:10am On May 10, 2023
The court has warned against using technicalities - because all that the opposition APC, is attempting are technicalities not facts. Guess what? The Judiciary implicated themselves by that statement - because we will hold them accountable - should technicalities prevail. Those days were words had no value had passed, all thanks to the Obidients. The opposition will be on the run - because they are the ones holding this country together. If you don't portray fairness to their taste, then they will switch to the next mode of action. They have all the cards to play.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by fergie001: 10:26am On May 10, 2023
garfield1:

I think I know why.ec8a is the first or raw result just like bvas is the first machine used for accreditation.!
Gbam... Primary Source.
I believe the intendment of the framers of the Act was to use the electronically transmitted results where there were disputations.

The Apex court is looking based at which was used in the field or after.
Only PU agents can say which was used in the field. Interestingly, you need a huge number enough to prove substantial non-compliance.

If onyejeocha had won, it would have gone to her.ouk should get majority leader
Uzodinma/Umahi will not want to agree, 2 key positions in the NASS can't go to Abia, worse still the same Constituency in Abia State, haba.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by garfield1: 10:38am On May 10, 2023
fergie001:
Gbam... Primary Source.
I believe the intendment of the framers of the Act was to use the electronically transmitted results where there were disputations.

Only PU agents can say which was used in the field. Interestingly, you need a huge number enough to prove substantial non-compliance.

Uzodinma/Umahi will not want to agree, 2 key positions in the NASS can't go to Abia, worse still the same Constituency in Abia State, haba.

True.in terms of dispute,irev is primary just like in accreditation where bvas subsists.
Why kalu or abia got it was because ouk lost out.gbaja boys have hijacked reps leadership as it stands.that means izunaso or umahi will get majority leader.but honestly,I'll have preferred SP for se.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by garfield1: 10:39am On May 10, 2023
PoliticalUpdate:

You think this statement holds water? Why won't they be involved when a subpoena had been served? This is a globally watched case, not a Nigerian affair. I trust Obidients they will make a mess of any fraud playing aloofness.

Your subpoena has no powers outside your borders son
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by fergie001: 10:50am On May 10, 2023
garfield1:

True.in terms of dispute,irev is primary just like in accreditation where bvas subsists.
Why kalu or abia got it was because ouk lost out.gbaja boys have hijacked reps leadership as it stands.that means izunaso or umahi will get majority leader.but honestly,I'll have preferred SP for se.
I said it here that SE for Senate President, nah ....
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by garfield1: 11:20am On May 10, 2023
fergie001:
I said it here that SE for Senate President, nah ....

I just finished reading atiku's petition,can't find obi's own.atiku own is worse than that of 2019.in 2019,he focused on 12 states but now he focused on zamfara,sokoto,rivers,kogi and focused on just few lgas and few units making wild and generalized claims.
He is not claiming victory like 2019 with alternate figures. but asking for a total or partial rerun or disq of tinubu and him declared winner or a rerun between him and Tinubu. He claimed cancelled votes exceeded the margin of lead but couldn't mention the new figures.he said there was zero accreditation in 6090 units and overvoting in 9000 based on server reports.dino is his star witness.Instead of going through polling unit reversal booklets and getting a copy,he is asking inec to produce them.I think his main focus would be on violation of guidelines and fct issue.funny enough while the constitution divided the requirements into two,atiku added fct 25% as no 3 requirements
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by chidiokay: 11:22am On May 10, 2023
Penguin2:

You must think Nigerians are buffoons.

Whatever game your masters and lords are getting at, we know it.

So, if you think allowing the will of the people of Osun to stand at the Supreme Court is watering ground for the Supreme Court to uphold the obvious robbery that INEC and APC perpetuated on 25th February then you are in for a shocker.

Why not sensitize yourselves with the proceedings of Osun case and see there is a correlation with what is contested at the presidential tribunal

Is Peter Obi or Atiku pushing for over voting

Between the Bvas and Irev, which is the primary source adopted by the tribunal to adjudicate

Adeleke won because APC/Oyetola suddenly have no evidence to present before the supreme court wink

Can Peter Obi shift the court lens from the primary source to secondary source as IREV .. time will educate us all
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by lhordspy: 12:10pm On May 10, 2023
Penguin2:

Lol! I’m going to pardon your poor knowledge of how digital gadgets work.

But lemme educate you a little…

You see that BVAS, if you like format it or flash it, there are experts who can still extract every information that has ever passed through it since the date it was activated. In this case we are even talking about mere reconfiguration. So you thought reconfiguration wiped out the data of the presidential election stored in the BVAS? Lol.

You need to get yourself educated on a whole lot of things sir.

Lol. You lot act like clowns. You type for entertainment. Is this a joke?

You are insinuating that INEC that stopped over 3000 cyber-attacks on its server cant even perform a simple reconfiguration without leaving loopholes?

Bro. You watch too many sci-fi movie. Where tech guys control space satellite with mobile phones grin

Your eyes go soon clear.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by Gunayo(m): 12:35pm On May 10, 2023
garfield1:

You didnt read it well.they were three different accreditation reports and none tallied with what inec declared.since apc could not prove sufficient overvoting,it failed.obi never extracted data directly from the bvas so he fails
Which one is Obi fail. It is INEC that failed to do the right thing. Didn't you see the way INEC frustrated both LP and PDP from getting access to the bivas machines despite the court injunction. Please you guys should atleast talk with conscience.
Re: What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? by drlateef: 12:35pm On May 10, 2023
lhordspy:
According to your main point, this:
"First, and the most important takeaway, is that the apex court has established it as a precedent that the BVAS is the primary source of data for the election. What this means is that every vote scored or announced by INEC must tally with the accreditation data as captured by the BVAS."

I have come to the conclusion that it is either you are ignorant of this whole thing or you trying hard to confuse yourself rather than convince your reader.

BVAS is different from IREV. Will i have to continue screaming this everyday?

And what do you mean by "every vote scored or announced must tally with accreditation voters?"

Going by the judgement, Obi has no case. Obi used 2weeks trying to harvest data from Bvas stored in INEC server. And they came back with complains instead of concrete evidence. We know how lousy the LP are, if there was anything tangible as outcome. They would have included 'Over voting' in their petition. They would have made it the center of their wailing.

It is two different thing here. Ademola vs Adeleke case is centred on over-voting, and it is very logical that BVAS should be the main source of focus; because that is the main work of the BvAS. But Obi's petition is centred around result and other small fries that falls under deminimis rule . And it has nothing to do with BVAS.

Thank God I find someone with his brain intact. The headless mob, i have lost hope discussing with them. BVAS is the primary source of accredited voters, but not a primary source of election results. The primary source of election results is form EC8A dully signed by all agents. The BVAS machine is a secondary source of that. That is why INEC relied on manual collation. Because what you feed into BVAS is what you will get any time later. And iREV is not a primary source of election results either. And no law mandates INEC to upload results electronically at certain times. The results could be uploaded a year later. Any lawyers that cannot grasp these basic facts is just a charge and bail lawyer that is cashing out at the tribunal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate To Screen CBN Governor-Nominee, Cardoso, Deputies Today / Beautiful Pictures Of Obi Of Onitsha Palace (photos) / Nigeria Is Africa’s Top Investment Destination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.