Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Should He Take The Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should He Take The Job Offer (11673 Views)

Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / Is The Job Interview Process Becoming Useless In Nigeria? - Topwritersden / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by kenearth50(m): 10:13am On May 10, 2023
April222023:
Please Guys I'm in need of a job and I live in Festac Lagos. I'm an S.S.C.E holder. Anyone that has or knows any job available for me in my location of close by should please help me. My number is 0-9-0-2-1-3-9-2-9-2-7

I heard there re many electronics showroom in Festac seeking vacancy.
I don't know how true this is but a friend of mine who passed around that side late last month told me about it.

Tho I plan coming sometime this week to check it out but I don't know if you have an idea if there are vacancy board around there
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by xavuv: 10:14am On May 10, 2023
erai30:
I hope he gets to think of the advantages and disadvantages, because you can't be borrowing money to pay transport to work when you are a worker. No be all work man get to do, because you don't want to seen as lazy, this is why employers subject their employees to modern slavery.

💯
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by flexxyworld(m): 10:16am On May 10, 2023
youngsahito:
let him take it and he can get an apartment close to the office. Job no easy to get in 9ja not to talk of been picky.

This is the painful mindset and orientation that has been has got us where we are. We have choices please, know your worth in the corporate world, increase your value. Employees dey reject offers on a steady, employers are scaling up to ensure an employee is engaged. This mindset can't get you far
My guy. Work dey this same country, better work myguy, just pray for connect and update.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by kenearth50(m): 10:16am On May 10, 2023
Fiscus105:

In the absence of none, let him try it for at least 3 months. Atimes, undisclosed money (legal or illegal) that one will be getting in a job might even more than the salary

Doing the job may also give him opportunity to get connection of a better offer in other companies.

This was the main reason I stayed up till 9 month in my previous job tho 60% of the money was legally but the illegal money comes in big chunk and not that frequent.

1 Like

Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by dfrost: 10:16am On May 10, 2023
PapaNnamdi:
A friend of mine just got a job offer,

So I am asking people that work here, is it ok for an employee to use 50% of his salary on transportation alone??

Does he currently have a job?
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by geesilver(m): 10:17am On May 10, 2023
Let him try first you never can tell he might be able to cope or sort himself out with a nearby accommodation or better alternative to what you are thinking.... Otherwise na body go tell am to quit or continue
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by April222023: 10:17am On May 10, 2023
kenearth50:

I heard there re many electronics showroom in Festac seeking vacancy.
I don't know how true this is but a friend of mine who passed around that side late last month told me about it.

Tho I plan coming sometime this week to check it out but I don't know if you have an idea if there are vacancy board around there
Where is the location? Can you ask him so I can go and check?
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Realguyman1(m): 10:18am On May 10, 2023
PapaNnamdi:
The problem is that the cost of transportation will take half the salary by the end of the month aside feeding and other expenses,
I want to tell him not to bother as he will be frustrated on the job but don't know the right words and I feel I may be wrong.

So I am asking people that work here, is it ok for an employee to use 50% of his salary on transportation alone??
Why not him start the job first and later make arrangement on where to be sleeping around the company's environments and probably go home only on weekends.

I know of people in Lagos mainland "like ikorodu" working in the Island. Most of them go to work and do come back home weekends

But if he can't, them let him focus on getting experience for now and forget about the money. If the company is a carrier growing company, he will be the one to enjoy it later

2 Likes

Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by kenearth50(m): 10:19am On May 10, 2023
April222023:
Where is the location? Can you ask him so I can go and check?

Maybe when I see him cos from what he told me, he was in a bus driving pass Festac and I'm sure it's along the expressway
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Stevengold(m): 10:20am On May 10, 2023
Had same issue last year, but now transport ain't an issue
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by dfrost: 10:20am On May 10, 2023
flexxyworld:

This is the painful mindset and orientation that has been has got us where we are. We have choices please, know your worth in the corporate world, increase your value. Employees dey reject offers on a steady, employers are scaling up to ensure an employee is engaged. This mindset can't get you far
My guy. Work dey this same country, better work myguy, just pray for connect and update.

Increase your value na by investing in your brain and skills ooh. All the bolded are true.
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by ucheuzor1(m): 10:23am On May 10, 2023
Jennyclay:
All I have to tell your friend is that, he should stay away from a relationship because I’m sure the salary isn’t up to 80k.

So if he spends half of his salary on just transport, how would he take good care of his girlfriend undecided.

He shouldn’t come and put someone’s daughter in abject poverty Biko!!

Why will the girl be depending on her. Can't we have a working lady that can also assist him till he is stable?

Women and receiving mentality.
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by isabi2lof: 10:25am On May 10, 2023
Let him take up the job offer

To see job for Naija no dey easy
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Whoknow: 10:26am On May 10, 2023
Jennyclay:
All I have to tell your friend is that, he should stay away from a relationship because I’m sure the salary isn’t up to 80k.

So if he spends half of his salary on just transport, how would he take good care of his girlfriend undecided.

Nigerian ladies mentality, why should a lady depend on her boy friend for survival? This mindset of ladies in this Country is totally wrong.
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by ItisWell22(f): 10:26am On May 10, 2023
Jennyclay:

Jenny, zukwanike… 🤣
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by ipobarecriminals: 10:29am On May 10, 2023
sad Tell that ur friend /even nah u to talk to some colleagues about his challenge.Somebody we definitely accommodate him pending he'll find his bearing /rent his own house
PapaNnamdi:
The problem is that the cost of transportation will take half the salary by the end of the month aside feeding and other expenses,
I want to tell him not to bother as he will be frustrated on the job but don't know the right words and I feel I may be wrong.

Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by glancenaija: 10:31am On May 10, 2023
How to make your own trading program using AI💥

https://www.wikifx.com/en/newsdetail/202305074324538549.html?gip=TGza39
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by izombie(m): 10:33am On May 10, 2023
The kind story wey i dey hear from naija sometimes dey tire me. Half of his salary on T fare alone. That also means he will be spending a lot of time in traffic. Graduates doing menial jobs. A lot of poor struggling people here on nairaland shouting up and down. Nawa.
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by CareerMom: 10:34am On May 10, 2023
If it is his first job, he should take it. He might be surprised at what will happen along the line. I got a salary increase after 3 months of working, I wasn't even expecting it. Just take it and start.
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Nobody: 10:35am On May 10, 2023
Jennyclay:

We're talking about real life issues but ur only concern is how he will take care of another fully grown adult because she has a vagina When will u have sense this girl. Funny how u broke girls are the loudest when it comes to broke shaming guys at the slightest... very funny 😂
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Longevo(m): 10:36am On May 10, 2023
It will also give him more working experience for better offers
Etranshub:
Its not OK to spend 50% of your income on transportation but it is better than sitting idle with 0% income to show for it and depending on other people for feeding.... Let him start from there it will eventually open door to other bigger offers
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Sleyk: 10:38am On May 10, 2023
Jennyclay:

Simply put... to already poverty entangled fellow.
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by frozen70(f): 10:39am On May 10, 2023
PapaNnamdi:

Let him get the job offer
Starts from some where

Experience is the best teacher
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by BigYash: 10:39am On May 10, 2023
Him no go eat,him no go pay rent. So if he minus all these,how much remain? Make he better go dey do conductor instead lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Dopeluiz(m): 10:40am On May 10, 2023
Jennyclay:

we are talking something serious u are mentioning girlfriend.
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Jagabanarmy: 10:40am On May 10, 2023
PapaNnamdi:

Your friend or you that need our advice? I will advise you to take the job for now and while you or your friend is at the job, keep searching for better offer elsewhere . Start with something
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by rickyamos: 10:40am On May 10, 2023
BigYash:
Him no go eat,him no go pay rent. So if he minus all these,how much remain? Make he better go dey do conductor instead lipsrsealed

You think 9ja employers consider all these things when paying salary? They expect you to be working and still be begging

1 Like

Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by moshino(m): 10:40am On May 10, 2023
Jennyclay:

Why would anyone take on a liability like "someone's daughter" who's in abject poverty.
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by elijahozzy(m): 10:41am On May 10, 2023
trevorlinda:
Half Bread is beta dan none

a lot of graduate didnt have a job

Change your narrative, half bread is better than full puff puff
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by BigYash: 10:43am On May 10, 2023
rickyamos:

You think 9ja employers consider all these things when paying salary? They expect you to be working and still be begging
Walai
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by Jennyclay(f): 10:43am On May 10, 2023
Dopeluiz:
we are talking something serious u are mentioning girlfriend.
biko, was I talking to you? abi are you the friend the op is talking about?

Mtcheeew!!
Re: Should He Take The Job Offer by bitbillionaire: 10:44am On May 10, 2023
Aunty thanks for the advice.

But... are you trying to tell us that every lady is a gold digger whose only interest in a relationship is what to get from the man and how to turn the man to her personal atm machine without giving something of equal value back?

Who says he cant have a girl friend who is financially okay and doesn't need his money or is there something i don't know about ladies?

In this age of 'equality' and women empowerment don't you think there is something wrong with this entitlement mindset that most ladies are still having?

Jennyclay:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Npower: What Account Validity Means / Gilded International Resources. / IFFCO Group Fresh Job Recruitment May 2018 (6 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.